Like many, log in, nothing to do

Replies

• Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    SoonerJBD wrote: »
    Couldn’t your guild do that so you had a Raid today?

I’m not paying my guild hundreds of dollars to gear and relic my toons.

Good thing you can do it for free.

Given enough time, sure. But let’s not pretend G13 and relics were introduced for any reason other than to pressure people to spend to keep up in GAC and arena and every other game mode. Point is, I spend a lot of money on the game. I don’t think it unreasonable that I actually have stuff to do in the game.
  • Options
    You guys should file a bug report, because complaining about it on the forums is not going to achieve anything. Though, it does give you something to do, I suppose...
  • Soz58
    108 posts Member
    Options

Nice, good old arrogance! You can get to tier 3 for free maybe, but then it involves buy crystals to refresh Cantina, yes you can just wait 6 Months to catch up with the Meta, but should you have to when you already had Characters maxed out and in many cases just spent money a few months ago for Gear 13.
    So no it’s not free at all and the arrogance of selling at as “Not a new Gear Grind” or “you can use gear that you already have” is pathetic... And please Kyno, explain why gear 13 and gear 14 would come out so close to each other with out any new PVP or PVE content? I know your a Moderator and not a Dev and aren’t privileged to all info, but you can clearly see how a community can feel shunned and not listened too.
    Sorry to sound angry but I really enjoy this game and want it to succeed again, but it’s not heading in a good direction at all right now.

• jedibobahutt
    78 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Could always go check out dev tracker, its new content. That is where your money is going anyways, may as well use it. Besides, there is always new content on the forum. You could make a life out of it like some folks do. The game is only there to give you something to do inbetween reading posts.
  • Soz58
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Could always go check out dev tracker, its new content. That is where your money is going anyways, may as well use it.
    It’s always good to have something new brought to the game, but new PVP or PVE content is what is wanted.

• Options
    Could always go check out dev tracker, its new content. That is where your money is going anyways, may as well use it.

A dev tracker is not new content by any legitimate definition. Content is stuff to do in the game, not reading about stuff you might be able to do in the game later. It is content for the forum, not for the game.
  • Options
    To go the gym and get into the best shape of ur life.

Weightlifting > everything
  • Options
    You guys should file a bug report, because complaining about it on the forums is not going to achieve anything. Though, it does give you something to do, I suppose...

Filing a bug report will achieve even less than complaining on the forums. But I must say I do love how no matter how legitimate a complaint someone has, there is always at least one person who tells them they shouldn’t bother complaining because it isn’t going to change anything. It’s like some people think the purpose of the forums is just to tell the devs how awesome they are at everything. At least theoretically, the forums are a way to provide feedback that might one day be read or responded to by the devs.
  • Options

Says the fellow complaining about "complaining".
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options

Filing a bug report will achieve even less than complaining on the forums. But I must say I do love how no matter how legitimate a complaint someone has, there is always at least one person who tells them they shouldn’t bother complaining because it isn’t going to change anything. It’s like some people think the purpose of the forums is just to tell the devs how awesome they are at everything. At least theoretically, the forums are a way to provide feedback that might one day be read or responded to by the devs.

You don't think they've seen the 800,000 other complaints about no content lately?

Or you think 800,001 will be the one that finally motivates them to stop playing ping-pong and work on the game for a bit?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Krynn007 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm not arguing against additional content FWIW. I'm arguing against this idea that there's nothing to do, or that there's nothing new to do.

But there isn't anything to do

I don't want to use the teams I've been putting time and effort in like shak ti and 501 to do cantina battles, or gw.

These two statements contradict each other. There are things to do, you just don't want to do them manually.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Jarvind
    3928 posts Member
    Options
    If you're angry that there isn't enough to do, you're an addict. Plain and simple. You're jonesing for dopamine and you can't get any because your energy is low and there's no events running.

The healthiest thing you can do is step away and find something else to spend your time on.

The one thing I will say is that I do miss when events were frequent enough that there was an assault battle running almost every day, sometimes two at once. Credit Heists used to be in addition to whatever was currently running instead of being THE daily event.

Of all the things people complain about, I'm honestly pretty surprised that the winnowing down of existing events has caused hardly any outrage. Probably because they did it gradually and most of the chronic complainers have the attention span of a fruit fly.

Anyway, the point is I don't get all raged about it. I just do something else.
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not arguing against additional content FWIW. I'm arguing against this idea that there's nothing to do, or that there's nothing new to do.

There's things to do, but objectively, for people who would like to do more in game, you can run out rather quickly most days. Some of the better freemium trashfires (like Golf Star for example) have content that people can do at anytime if they so desire. No energy required. No crystals required. You can just pick up the game and engage with content. If there isn't a major event (TB, GAC, TW) going on in SWGOH, one can run out of things to do very quickly.

Why do you keep calling things freemium trashfires, and then say they're good? A trash fire is generally considered the opposite of good.
  • Soz58
    108 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    If you're angry that there isn't enough to do, you're an addict. Plain and simple. You're jonesing for dopamine and you can't get any because your energy is low and there's no events running.

The healthiest thing you can do is step away and find something else to spend your time on.

The one thing I will say is that I do miss when events were frequent enough that there was an assault battle running almost every day, sometimes two at once. Credit Heists used to be in addition to whatever was currently running instead of being THE daily event.

Of all the things people complain about, I'm honestly pretty surprised that the winnowing down of existing events has caused hardly any outrage. Probably because they did it gradually and most of the chronic complainers have the attention span of a fruit fly.

Jesus... really.... I like to drink water too... I do it every day... wanting for your game to be fun again isn’t an addiction, it’s wanting your game to be fun again.... way too deep

• Jarvind
    3928 posts Member
    Options
    Soz58 wrote: »

Jesus... really.... I like to drink water too... I do it every day... wanting for your game to be fun again isn’t an addiction, it’s wanting your game to be fun again.... way too deep

The fact that your analogy of choice was something you'd literally die without isn't doing much to convince me I'm wrong, man.
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options
    @Jarvind people have complained about the reduction in events plenty, although it's less than the current uproar. And probably because it was somewhat gradual.
  • Soz58
    108 posts Member
    Options

The fact that your analogy of choice was something you'd literally die without isn't doing much to convince me I'm wrong, man.
    What are you reading?? I would literally die?? Are you seeing this written somewhere, because I sure didn’t say this? I think your psychy May be telling you something...
    please don’t respond, it feels like I’m talking to the Joker

• Options

There's things to do, but objectively, for people who would like to do more in game, you can run out rather quickly most days. Some of the better freemium trashfires (like Golf Star for example) have content that people can do at anytime if they so desire. No energy required. No crystals required. You can just pick up the game and engage with content. If there isn't a major event (TB, GAC, TW) going on in SWGOH, one can run out of things to do very quickly.

Why do you keep calling things freemium trashfires, and then say they're good? A trash fire is generally considered the opposite of good.

You need to re-read. I didn't call it good. I said "better freemium trashfire" (and yes, I should have used a comma).

It's like saying "best, worst president". These guys all really suck, but this one sucks slightly less than the others.

Freemium is a demonstrably bad gaming model, but there are some games using the model that are better than the others that are using it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Given enough time, sure. But let’s not pretend G13 and relics were introduced for any reason other than to pressure people to spend to keep up in GAC and arena and every other game mode. Point is, I spend a lot of money on the game. I don’t think it unreasonable that I actually have stuff to do in the game.

Relics are easy (1-4) compared to G13.

Or they were introduced as a development path that, like everything in this game, is designed to take time and make choices more difficult, and as always there is a path to make it go faster..... but villainizing it is all the rage right now.

There is stuff to do in game, could there be more, yes. Is this a lull, yes. Do we know that there was a change in leadership and possibly the long term plan that was already in motion....seems likely, but that doesnt change the fact that there is things to do and that a little down time between things is not always a bad thing, after all we all get to talk to each other.

We know things are coming and it may be prudent to show a little patience, because if they rush it and its buggy we will all be here again, with just a different title on the thread.
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options

You need to re-read. I didn't call it good. I said "better freemium trashfire" (and yes, I should have used a comma).

It's like saying "best, worst president". These guys all really suck, but this one sucks slightly less than the others.

Freemium is a demonstrably bad gaming model, but there are some games using the model that are better than the others that are using it.

I will never understand why anyone would waste their time playing a trash fire, and then complain about it over and over. I would just not play it.
  • Jarvind
    3928 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

What are you reading?? I would literally die?? Are you seeing this written somewhere, because I sure didn’t say this? I think your psychy May be telling you something...

Yes, you'd literally die without water. You didn't have to write it because it's like, biology.

You're not coming off as the smart one here, fella.
  • Options
    If you're angry that there isn't enough to do, you're an addict.

Or maybe, you know, they are people who have paid money into the game and kinda wish as a consumer they were actually getting more out of it?
  • Jarvind
    3928 posts Member
    Options

Or maybe, you know, they are people who have paid money into the game and kinda wish as a consumer they were actually getting more out of it?

And yet continue throwing time and money at it, even after they've stopped enjoying it. I wonder what sort of person fits that description.
  • Options

I will never understand why anyone would waste their time playing a trash fire, and then complain about it over and over. I would just not play it.

Freemium trashfires are wonderful at player retention. As to why people would complain about it? Maybe they hope the trashfire burns a little less brightly? Silly hope tbh.
  • Soz58
    108 posts Member
    Options

Yes, you'd literally die without water. You didn't have to write it because it's like, biology.

You're not coming off as the smart one here, fella.
    Again, where did I write I would die with out this game and the fact you don’t understand the sarcasm in my water comment.... again, I’m talking to the Joker

• Soz58
    108 posts Member
    Options
    I’m done, go save Gotham Joker
  • Options
    I changed my ideology when I found out we getting GEO TB (LS) in November.
  • Options

And yet continue throwing time and money at it, even after they've stopped enjoying it. I wonder what sort of person fits that description.

Who said they stopped enjoying it? I certainly enjoy elements of the game. Some more than others.

Question back to you: What kind of person comes on here and continually drags on valid consumer feedback as their main avenue of enjoyment?

• Options

🤦‍♂️