Does Taunt ruin Fives' zeta?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    5’s and echo both have a unique directly associated to 5’s taunt! Not very clever, don’t be stingy!
  • Options
    @Woodroward
    OP you're basically looking at this entirely backwards. ...

5s's job is not to die to his ability and spread stats, it is to die first. His ability is there to back up his taunt and make sure he dies first. The taunt does not lessen the impact of the ability. The ability improves the impact of the taunt.

LOL. No, you're making my point for me. The taunt tries to guarantee that the zeta ability does not activate.

IF the job of Fives is to die first, then feeding precious zeta mats to him for an ability that only works when he DOESN'T do his job is wrong headed. it doesn't help him accomplish his mission. It only activates when Fives fails to WAI.

So what about the Taunt? Well, if it's effective, it guarantees that you wasted your zeta mats.

If it's not effective (and there are many ways these day to bypass or dispel or prevent taunt), then the zeta ability forces you to target Fives anyway, because the consequences of targeting someone else are bad.

In that case, why would I waste the omegas on a Taunt ability?

You see, the zeta forces everyone to target Fives in a way that is completely not dispel-able. It's baked into the fundamentals of the character. So why would Fives ever need Taunt? He doesn't.

So if you look at his job as to die first, the omega ability is a waste. It's the zeta ability that will force people to target 5s whether or not he Taunts. His taunt would just get dispelled or prevented like all the other non-auto taunts in the game that have long since outlived their usefulness.

If you look at his job as to die gloriously and spread his stats around, the omega ability is worse than a waste: it makes it less likely that the zeta will ever be activated.

Either way, the Omega ability is just plain stew-pid. The fact that no matter how you look at it the taunt is incredibly poorly conceived is what made me create this thread in the first place. If it was merely a matter of the taunt favoring one strategy over another, then I would choose to omega the ability or not depending on which strategy I preferred, but I wouldn't think something was wrong with the kit. The problem is no matter which strategy you prefer, Fives drawing fire or Fives sacrificing to increase 501st power, the taunt is ineffective at best.

I will never Omega that ability for Fives. His zeta alone will draw all fire away from my attackers against skilled opponents, and against the AI and/or less capable opponents, the zeta combined with lack of taunt will bait them into a trap that gives my other 501st clones an insane amount of power.

Save your mats. Never omega "Cover Fire".

I think it’s probably better to leave his taunt off for using clones on offense, but the only thing is echo deals 100% more damage while fives is taunting
  • Options
    @KoolKent
    5’s and echo both have a unique directly associated to 5’s taunt! Not very clever, don’t be stingy!

and, @Cardiff0
    the only thing is echo deals 100% more damage while fives is taunting

But the unique bonuses are opposite from each other. Sure Echo gets +100% when Fives taunts, but Fives counter-attacks and gets +100% when NOT taunting. So which is better? If you don't Omega 5s' "Cover Fire" then you're always guaranteed that Fives gets double damage. Since they're going to have to attack him first anyway because of his zeta, don't you want all his counter-attacks to do double damage?

Answer: Yep.
  • Options
    @KoolKent

and, @Cardiff0
    the only thing is echo deals 100% more damage while fives is taunting

But the unique bonuses are opposite from each other. Sure Echo gets +100% when Fives taunts, but Fives counter-attacks and gets +100% when NOT taunting. So which is better? If you don't Omega 5s' "Cover Fire" then you're always guaranteed that Fives gets double damage. Since they're going to have to attack him first anyway because of his zeta, don't you want all his counter-attacks to do double damage?

Answer: Yep.

No, I don’t ever want to mod echo to go straight after 5’s and deal %100 more damage!