Really? Ships?

13Next

Replies

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    It should be hard for new players. New players shouldn't expect to get the newest content first time around.

After 1.5-2years, it's not a new player but it's not accessible
  • Options
    It should be hard for new players. New players shouldn't expect to get the newest content first time around.

It should not be hard given what I have spent to compensate for playtime. If I had a brain I would have quit long before that fact was so glaringly obvious.
  • Lemsip12345
    2 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    We won’t know until packs come out. Putting C3PO and GK as requirement seems so strange. If there aim is to make money. C3PO especially as not a huge amount of links. If the idea was to give end game players some exclusive content that fantastic as long as they do that more often and consistently. However this is the first time ships are needed for example and I think it’s more of an oversight. 2 year players I don’t think are new players but they will not have needed those ships C3PO for example but GK will have been needed because of JKR. Think just making it accessible or ‘whalable’ would have been enough. Excluding players because they don’t spend but also not letting people spend seems like poor decision making me thinks
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    To be fair, the game launched almost 4 years ago This will be the first time in that span that ships of any kind have ever been required to unlock a character.

Things are constantly changing in this game and it's always foolish to rely on past precedent.

Agreed. Which is also why I think the people clamoring that GAS will be meta-dominant like Malak (the last "Epic Confrontation" character) may also be mistaken.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Don't get this complaint. They used the current meta ships, 2 of which were also the previous meta before **** that require pilots from what are 2 of the top 5 squads in the game. This was a very generous and friendly group of toons, the only reason that anyone playing more than 2.5 years wouldn't have them all is misallocated resources.

That the other requirements are a core team of the GeoTB is an added bonus. Shaak Ti was always going to be needed and was easily farmable by now.

Much nicer than Malak where they took a bunch of useless toons that had no use in the game and made them the requirement, every single toon here is valuable or meta, can't ask much more than that all things considered.
  • Options
    Hilts12345 wrote: »
    Some of these comments :D. I think what people are annoyed about is that there are many different group of players krakens, whales dolphins FTP. There are whales and kraken I’ve spoke to and no issue. Then the group of baby whales/dolphins who spend big but usually only on big events or meta defining that run lean rosters that are going to be excluded from the event. Ships have never been required before and the ships that have been put down to be used have never been useful before. C3PO seemed like his use was lower and now suddenly needed at 7 star. Yet not really linked to General Anakin/clones but might be wrong. I think making an event which is not whale / spend friendly is very questionable when that is effectively there business model. I think the other problem is that group of baby whales / dolphins have a set budget of 2-400 dollars where as this event has left in some cases likely people won’t even be able to enter / more like 800 dollars in the case of if your ships are nowhere near ready.

One of two things will happen. Either they will have the 3p0 event and padme event run also (doubtful if malak is the precident) or they are reinforcing the message that whales need to whale on everything if they want the next meta.

3P0 and padme have each run at least twice. And both have run recently. Whales have had the opportunity to have them had they whaled out.

After malak returned with no darth revan and jkr event, the message was clear. Whale out on any potential legendary or you may regret it later.
  • Options
    I mean I pretty much have every toon that is required ready exept Shaak Ti and that **** me anyway but... GR SHIPS??? "At least 3 other GR Shipps at 7* and 40k" Who has those? Sure there are some that have Anakins Ship and Ahsokas and maybe even Five's/Rex's at 7*, but at least means pretty much If you dont have the Negotiator at 7* 40k (and who has that?) then you will need all the others at 7* 40k too... Who has that? In a game where you have to think twice where to spend your recources, who geared this toons/ships up to that level?

I haven't read through 3 pages of posts but quite frankly it's about time they incorporated ships and squads in the same event.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if they will be listing any packs for sale re: the GR ships? It is really hard to farm or even Whale out on ships - they have two refresh costs and you can only roll 5 at a time. I have all the toons ready to go but I am two ships short and need about 150 shards or each one. I don't think I can make it, even spending a bunch of shards.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if they will be listing any packs for sale re: the GR ships? It is really hard to farm or even Whale out on ships - they have two refresh costs and you can only roll 5 at a time. I have all the toons ready to go but I am two ships short and need about 150 shards or each one. I don't think I can make it, even spending a bunch of shards.

I don't think CG/EA is going to miss out on selling packs. No way. I would bet dollars to donuts they have ship packs all over. But I bet the prices will be steep. A $99.00 pack is what I'm thinking. Prolly a lesser pack too. And shard shop. Watch fleet shop and guild tokens thing.

With a pack or two and the weekly and the reg shipments...and farming on X2 to X3 refresh, I think you can do it. Might not even need the big pack.
  • Options
    Ok listen... I play this game since 1,5 year. I have 2.8m GP and I think thats kind of high for this time. I'm really invested in the game, plan everything, participate on everything that brings me forward, I'm #1 in both arenas every day AND I have 0 chance to get this event! So the conclusion is, ether you play this game since the beginning or you are the one that cant participate the events if its not just by pure exident. AND that sucks. That, in my humble oppinion, will destroy the game because only a group of players can play the game completly and therefor enjoy the game completly. And that in a time where more and more players leave the game for the poor choises that the devs make and newer players are just screwed. This would have possibly been a event that breaks this cycle, but they screwed up. AGAIN!

Your ship and squad arena's are based on when you joined.... squad for sure, and ships as well if you were not at level 85 (or perhapes 80 was top level at the time) when ships were added. This means you compete with others in the same time farm... if only players around for 4 years will get General Anakin then you do not need to worry about him as much.

If you did not get c3p0 or padme the last time around, you could have if you wanted to spend, and they would have been a good place to spend.

If you have c3p0 and padme, then in theory you can get General annipis.... just matters how much you want to spend.

If you do not have c3p0 or padme your in luck, no pressure to spend. I players I have pitty for are those who know they are a vault away from meeting the requirements. Especially after they realize they need ventress Relic 7 to have a chance.
  • Options
    players I have pitty for are those who know they are a vault away from meeting the requirements

That's me. All the toons? Check.

All the ships? Check.

GP met for p1? Check. P2? Check. P3? Check.

P4? Nope. zzVentress is g12 and more than qualifies. zB1 is fine, B2 is g9.5, the other two droids are g8.

Theoretically I could drop hundreds of dollars to outright buy the gear, but ... that's not going to happen. Still, no shard farming between now and next pass, and i was going to gear the droids anyway, just hadn't gotten there yet.
  • Options
    I read the OP and nothing else, so apologies if someone already pointed this out.

If something has been in the game a long time, and you can't 7* it by now, that's on you.

I actually agree with you for once 😏. Won’t get him this time around but next time for sure.