GAS Achievement Reward - GET 1 Currency

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    icanectc wrote: »
    zzWaltzz wrote: »
    What amazes me about the rollout of GAS is just how much money CG is giving up by releasing as a 5* character. I am a long time player and I have spent a good deal of money on the game. I am also a hoarder, and I was prepared for this event. I did not spend anything to beat the event and get my 5* GAS so they got no money from me there. It did drain most of my saved resources though to complete the event and right now I have him leveled up to g10 with some decent mods. The only resource I didn't hoard was GET1. So, I'm looking at 2-3 months before I can 7* and relic him. As a guy that spends on the game, I would be willing to drop a few hundred to complete his stars, gear and mods but CG has decided to not allow me that option. In summary, I didn't spend anything to get him and I CAN'T spend anything to level him up! Seems like a REALLY bad business decision on their part. AND, once Arc Trooper comes out, no matter how he might be released, there is NO CHANCE that I will spend money on him because I am so far behind with GAS. Doesn't seem like this was thought out very well on their end...

The reason you don’t have the GET1 to 7* is because you’ve presumably spent it on gear. CG is trying to train spenders to not use currency on gear and to use cash on gear instead. That’s how you could have bought 7* GAS.

While that is conspiratorial, it's is a reasonable assumption, of course cg wants to spend money on gear, but i don't necessarily believe they want anyone to hoard currency, they even mentioned they are actively trying to discourage the practice. But that's really hard to do at the top when little gear is needed and only hoarding is possible. So i don't think cg intended GenSky to be a 7* character out of the gate.

They knew the players that hoarded and were comfortable with those numbers. As of yesterday 2900 Skywalkers unlocked and 70 of them were g13 and 1 was g12. So that's an extremely low number so far.
    Anyway i myself am **** i can't 7* him immediately because i didn't hoard currency. Oh well.

I’m not sure how much that number means since in order to 7* him already you’d have to spend crystals refreshing the store, which is not something hoarders are necessarily inclined to do.
  • Haven't read it all, usually it's the FTP segment that whines about these things. This sounds very much like a 1%'er type problem. Welcome to the club :)
  • Rhod101 wrote: »
    A shard mate just raised a good point. The advertising for GAS, a few days ago was all about him being essentially a raid boss, the most powerful character in the game. People spent serious money on the back of that. Now he's unlocked, he can't beat the current meta at 5*, Padme walks all over him, CLS and rebels demolish him too.

So false advertising there, CG? Maybe a few refund requests will be incoming.

Already happened with me and I got mine in full so I'm not worried about it anymore. Now that I got my money back after the tricky way they went about this I'm finally after 3 years going F2P and just enjoying the game no matter what gets released. This made me realize that no matter how much I spend in this game it will never be enough to be relevant. I'm just happy I got this investment back. Thanks CG for showing me exactly how money hungry you can be. I'm just glad I don't have to worry anymore. :)
  • Well the CG team is back in the office and hopefully trying to come up with a response to the community over this weekends concerns. Even if that answer is “we aren’t going to do or change anything” is an answer.

Silence on this issue is an answer as well. Just the worst one unfortunately.
  • icanectc wrote: »
    They likened his play syle to a raid boss not his power. This is solely a readers capability to comprehend the writers intent. And it definitely reads like they relating raid like to mean his play style and mechanics and not in overwhelming powered

They also said:
    CG_Prototype: Skywalker is an incredibly talented Jedi and excels at pretty much everything he puts his energy towards, so it makes thematic sense that he can do well in just about any mode. He can lead a very good arena team, he can deal solid damage in a raid, or fill in as a top squad in Grand Arena and Territory Wars.

So it's certainly reasonable to expect "very good arena team" to mean an arena team that can compete with the top meta. That being said, it's only a few days in and Arc Trooper isn't out yet, so I do expect better arena performance than there currently has been.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    They likened his play syle to a raid boss not his power. This is solely a readers capability to comprehend the writers intent. And it definitely reads like they relating raid like to mean his play style and mechanics and not in overwhelming powered

They also said:
    CG_Prototype: Skywalker is an incredibly talented Jedi and excels at pretty much everything he puts his energy towards, so it makes thematic sense that he can do well in just about any mode. He can lead a very good arena team, he can deal solid damage in a raid, or fill in as a top squad in Grand Arena and Territory Wars.

So it's certainly reasonable to expect "very good arena team" to mean an arena team that can compete with the top meta. That being said, it's only a few days in and Arc Trooper isn't out yet, so I do expect better arena performance than there currently has been.

Just another character we gotta pay for. Was Skywalker event not enough?

Source please.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

They also said:

There is also the strong possibility arc trooper will be the geo tb ls character reward. So not exactly an immediate impact

If there’s one thing I’ve learned about this whole debacle is that ARC trooper is certainly going to be a Cantina farm much like Brood alpha. They are going to make relic material your pay to win materials. I am stockpiling it right now because it is very clear to me that they have no intention of easing the gear crunch or relic material. They’re only going to increase the pain. I am stockpiling it right now because it is very clear to me that they have no intention of easing the gear crunch or relic material they’re only going to increase the pain.

That’s why it’s so frustrating to see that they haven’t commented on anything that’s happened this weekend. The community is losing players and patience and all they have to do is make one simple comment or goodwill gesture towards us in regards to the previous event and it would go along way.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

They also said:

Source please.

For? Has cg ever released a free character lol

Every. Single. Character. Is. Free.

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited October 2019

They also said:

There is also the strong possibility arc trooper will be the geo tb ls character reward. So not exactly an immediate impact

If there’s one thing I’ve learned about this whole debacle is that ARC trooper is certainly going to be a Cantina farm much like Brood alpha. They are going to make relic material your pay to win materials. I am stockpiling it right now because it is very clear to me that they have no intention of easing the gear crunch or relic material. They’re only going to increase the pain. I am stockpiling it right now because it is very clear to me that they have no intention of easing the gear crunch or relic material they’re only going to increase the pain.

That’s why it’s so frustrating to see that they haven’t commented on anything that’s happened this weekend. The community is losing players and patience and all they have to do is make one simple comment or goodwill gesture towards us in regards to the previous event and it would go along way.

GBA was the most player-friendly thing they've done in quite some time. Cantina farm is faster than hard node (and pre-signal data). No kyro required to gear to G12. One zeta and completely transforms an entire faction. Even found a (niche) place in the meta alongside Malak.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

They also said:

Source please.

Yea keep telling yourself that 😂

You keep telling yourself they aren't. Meanwhile the 882 like @leef and @Liath prove you wrong, not to mention anyone else who is patient and unlocks everything the second time.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator

They also said:

Source please.

Bodhi Rook -- Released and went straight to Galactic War store

K2SO was a free 7* unlock for android users IIRC
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

They also said:

Source please.

If you mean handed out a 7* character for free, then yes. K2SO for Android. Still salty. #neverforget.

They also said:

Source please.

You keep telling yourself they aren't. Meanwhile the 882 like @leef and @Liath prove you wrong, not to mention anyone else who is patient and unlocks everything the second time.

CG has never released a character for free ever. I said released. Not after months and months of waiting to become farmable free. I mean day 1 release to 7* free. Don't act like you don't know what im saying bro.
    What would that be good for?
  • TVF wrote: »

They also said:

GBA was the most player-friendly thing they've done in quite some time. Cantina farm is faster than hard node (and pre-signal data). No kyro required to gear to G12. One zeta and completely transforms an entire faction. Even found a (niche) place in the meta alongside Malak.

Not suggesting GBA wasn’t a player friendly move. His release was great! If you wanted him fast you could spend. If you wanted to farm you could dedicate your resources towards him and go slow. There was a clear benefit to spending on him early. There are multiple 7* Wat unlocks happening today that would have been impossible unless you spent on GBA.

Now that Relic’s are only farmable in the Cantina and packs we will be forced to chose again between farming material that is almost mandatory to stay competitive or slow roll a character that will for sure be a required unit in Nov. Geo LSTB.

• TVF
    36489 posts Member

They also said:

Source please.

CG has never released a character for free ever. I said released. Not after months and months of waiting to become farmable free. I mean day 1 release to 7* free. Don't act like you don't know what im saying bro.

1) Not your bro
    2) You never said that and no I didn't know that's what you meant because you never said it
    3) Still ignoring the 882, but whatever.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

They also said:

Not suggesting GBA wasn’t a player friendly move. His release was great! If you wanted him fast you could spend. If you wanted to farm you could dedicate your resources towards him and go slow. There was a clear benefit to spending on him early. There are multiple 7* Wat unlocks happening today that would have been impossible unless you spent on GBA.

Now that Relic’s are only farmable in the Cantina and packs we will be forced to chose again between farming material that is almost mandatory to stay competitive or slow roll a character that will for sure be a required unit in Nov. Geo LSTB.

Yup. And guess what. Game is about choices. If not, why play?
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    The people that will unlock Malak in the upcoming event will have the same problem: they’ll get a 5* character that can’t compete at all against relic whatever characters so it’s not asif GAS is an isolated issue.

My six star g11 malek still holds me for the top 100 against every other team being reliced out and my team has only g12 toons.

You're still wrong. As others have pointed out, K2 was a 7* handout to android users immediately. Bodhi was a 2* free unlock and direct to GW store the day of his release.