GAS Achievement Reward - GET 1 Currency

124Next

Replies

• Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »
    I've seen many threads complaining about 5* GAS. I still cannot understand why people are angry that a 5* toon isn't meta-defining. No toon is. Even Malak at 5* is very beatable.

Malak was different.

1.) malak was released in a time without g13
    2.) Malak was released in a time without relics
    3.) malak completed the DR Team

A 5 star g11 Toon is useless and is extremely frustrating to know that this will be for the next 4 months

See my most recent comment above
  • I concur. I don't get complaining about his ineffectiveness at 5*.

I fully support complaining about him being 5* to begin with though.

Less than 7K of him in the game. I wonder what the number of those are like mine, where they are stuck at G7 and 5*. I wonder if I will be able to get him to G13 before he comes back around.

Quite frankly, people who unlocked him the first time deserve to have an advantage because of it. But most of them don't, because he is TRASH at 5*. So why bother getting any new toon the first time around? What is the incentive to spend any money on a new toon going forward?
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    I've seen many threads complaining about 5* GAS. I still cannot understand why people are angry that a 5* toon isn't meta-defining. No toon is. Even Malak at 5* is very beatable.

That's based on a lot of chars that take there use from abilies and not from stats alone. Anakin is mainly based on stats.
    And the most reasonable complaint isn't about that.... It's about forcing people without a lot get1 into hoth, because of double the amount of get1 and CG not spending a second thinking about that problem.

That's fair. I can sympathize with that reasoning (everything but Hoth getting you double the GET1)
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Mutou_LuYa wrote: »
    I paid near mobile gamer amount to unlock GAS(so called meta) to 5 star and the toon is useless including bottleneck due to never save my GET. This is y I quit and gave the account to guildmate cuz I do not see y I should even bother playing/paying for something I cannot use. Its a 4 year old game and there is alot of better stuff out there. Learn to move on and open to other options. As a customer, I do not think it's ur job to teach the business/worker what needs to be done repetitively.

Of course you can use him and he's not useless. "Useless" and "useless for what I wanted to use him for" are not the same.

He does counter and take hits till health.
    This is indeed useless as a 5*.

It's amazing how many people here don't play GA or TW, but ok.

You trying to tell he was usefull in GA for you?
    He is based on pure stats. At 5* he is trash and gets beaten like a shaak ti clone squad. So he is basically a redundant character till he is 7* and cg made there new content les valuable by get1 income.
    It's a poor decision made by them

There hasn't been a TW or GA he could be used in yet. So I'd love to know how you know he's trash.

6000+ people unlocked him. Everyone in that lige has no use for a 5* skywalker.
    That makes him useless.

I have no clue what this is supposed to mean but it's clear I need to stop trying at this point.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Here's a good solution for paying customer. U cut the GET cost for people that unlock during first round, then u change the cost for shards higher for return event. Since 5* is not useless right so I'm sure higher get cost for return event would be ideal.
  • I was 2 units away from being able to try the event. After watching the utube whales struggle with much better geared squads, I decided it was not worth the effort to get those last 2 to 7*.
    Imagine my satisfaction when I watched the same utubers show repeatedly how nearly useless he was at 5*. I'm pretty sure I won't even try on the second pass unless we get a Ventress rework. I'm not gearing the Sep droids past g12 where they are now.
    Thank you CG for an event 3 times harder than any other event for half a character. I was seriously thinking about quitting until I saw how much GAS stinks at 5*. Now I will stick around a while longer and see what the next train wreck looks like.

#GAS poured on a dumpster fire. Title of the next road ahead.
  • I was 2 units away from being able to try the event. After watching the utube whales struggle with much better geared squads, I decided it was not worth the effort to get those last 2 to 7*.
    Imagine my satisfaction when I watched the same utubers show repeatedly how nearly useless he was at 5*. I'm pretty sure I won't even try on the second pass unless we get a Ventress rework. I'm not gearing the Sep droids past g12 where they are now.
    Thank you CG for an event 3 times harder than any other event for half a character. I was seriously thinking about quitting until I saw how much GAS stinks at 5*. Now I will stick around a while longer and see what the next train wreck looks like.

#GAS poured on a dumpster fire. Title of the next road ahead.
  • Lio wrote: »

People are complaining BECAUSE he is 5*. For what that event took to get him, there is no justifiable way for him to not be a 7* unlock.

Those are two different complaints. The 5* unlock I get. The "why does he suck at 5*" complaint I do not.

Do you have him? At 5 stars?

I do... worthless. Wait until you unlock if you haven't. If you have, how has he been doing in Arena? If not, you'll see.

And he ain't malak. And this isn't pre G13 and R7...
  • Has CG even responded at all to all the feedback on the GAS event and the outrage on needing GET1 tokens? The silence is deafening
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Vicarious wrote: »
    CG blatantly lied to their players. They said that we were free to farm gear with our GET after Malek.

@Vicarious
    Please show a single quote where this was stated about GET1.
  • DropItLikeItHoth
    140 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    For the love of god, they somehow made this problem WORSE??!!

150 shards of Malak to everyone?!

Really? So not only do us GAS first timers have to save our currency exclusively for GAS now everyone else gets Malak for free and won’t have to spend their GET 1 on him.

I can’t even process how epically ridiculous this move is.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    The biggest flaw in this is that people who basically had no GET saved will 7* it at the same time as someone who gets it the second time around.

Player 1: Gets GAS the first time but has no GET saved.
    Player 2: Doesn’t get GAS the first time, but immediately starts saving GET.

Both players will get a useful character at roughly the same time (assuming the second release of GAS is around the same time it takes to save up roughly 68k GET). As others have said, this just teaches people not to spend to get a character the first time.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Mutou_LuYa wrote: »
    I paid near mobile gamer amount to unlock GAS(so called meta) to 5 star and the toon is useless including bottleneck due to never save my GET. This is y I quit and gave the account to guildmate cuz I do not see y I should even bother playing/paying for something I cannot use. Its a 4 year old game and there is alot of better stuff out there. Learn to move on and open to other options. As a customer, I do not think it's ur job to teach the business/worker what needs to be done repetitively.

Of course you can use him and he's not useless. "Useless" and "useless for what I wanted to use him for" are not the same.

He does counter and take hits till health.
    This is indeed useless as a 5*.

It's amazing how many people here don't play GA or TW, but ok.

You trying to tell he was usefull in GA for you?
    He is based on pure stats. At 5* he is trash and gets beaten like a shaak ti clone squad. So he is basically a redundant character till he is 7* and cg made there new content les valuable by get1 income.
    It's a poor decision made by them

There hasn't been a TW or GA he could be used in yet. So I'd love to know how you know he's trash.

6000+ people unlocked him. Everyone in that lige has no use for a 5* skywalker.
    That makes him useless.

I have no clue what this is supposed to mean but it's clear I need to stop trying at this point.

I understand what you are saying that he is not "useless" because you can drop him in TW or GA. As someone who has him for this GA, and used him in TW, let me show you how useful he is. For him to be good, he needs a full 501st team, which means using Ahsoka. If I do that, I lose her in my DR killing Padme team. This makes my Padme team worse in any regard, and removes the 100% kill DR chance. If I do that, I get a marginally better Shaak Ti team at the cost of my DR killing team. Not a good option.

As GR, I tried subbing him in the Padme team over C3PO. He dies almost instantly because his health pool at 5 stars is garbage.

I can use him in a JKR team, against the typical GA team they counter Sep droids. He would replace...Juhani.

So my best option is a Juhani replacement in a JKR team, which beats out making a slightly better Shaak ti team at the cost of hurting the Padme team. That sounds useless to me.

I know your next response is "They already said ARC is coming soon! Then Padme gets Ahsoka back, just be patient". So then I get the privilege of using a 3 star ARC, making the team 100% worse than a Shaak Ti clone team with G12s. So I'll likely have to wait a few months and HOPE that when ARC is relic the team is better than Shaak Ti clones.

Any way you slice it, this was the most disappointing unlock of a rare toon and its not close. This was a disaster.
  • YanM123
    40 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Why has there not been any comment/statements on this topic? It literally took half an hour after your shift at cg started to comment on the small malak issue, but still not a single word after a full week of General Skywalker being out regarding all the concerns about him.

You are leaving your dedicated player base in the dark, after angering them with the release of half a character.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    YanM123 wrote: »
    Why has there not been any comment/statements on this topic? It literally took half an hour after your shift at cg started to comment on the small malak issue, but still not a single word after a full week of General Skywalker being out regarding all the concerns about him.

You are leaving your dedicated player base in the dark, after angering them with the release of half a character.

Because the Malak issue was a bug and GAS is as intended?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    YanM123 wrote: »

Because the Malak issue was a bug and GAS is as intended?

Skywalker is an issue too!
    Releasing end game characters that require second hand hoth content to maximize him faster is ridiculous.
    If anything should endgame content promote other endgame content.

The fact that you don’t like it doesn’t make it something that needs to be changed from CG’s perspective. There have been tons of things people have wailed about that haven’t been changed. And if they have no plans to change it (which clearly they don’t) then there’s no reason for them to say anything.
  • So you guys managed to create a problem so big it gives you cover from the debacle earlier in the week. I swear you guys have a life in politics ahead of you after this game finally shuts down. Wag the dog.
  • So nearly 2 weeks have gone by and not even an indirect mention of the GAS issue. Maybe while you are fixing the Malak issue you can take a look at the other players that got ignored because of another problem of your own making.
  • So nearly 2 weeks have gone by and not even an indirect mention of the GAS issue. Maybe while you are fixing the Malak issue you can take a look at the other players that got ignored because of another problem of your own making.

They don't see an issue with it, apparently. And keep in mind that the number of players who see this as an issue, according to CG, is minimal. They simply don't care.
  • DarthJarX2 wrote: »
    You guys will still have a very useful team for GAC & TW with a 5* GAS. And you will have an advantage over the ones who don't have him unlocked in those 2 modes. He might not be arena viable at 5* but you can just keep using your regular Malak, GG, Padme teams (or whatever it is that you're using) to get #1 in arena. You paid for a character, you got him. You will be superior to others (the non-unlockers) in TW and GAC; arena will stay the same. So where's the problem?

I think the problem is in the following:
    Phase 1 requires
    Windy cap ship, ETA, +3 GR ships
    Which means Mace windy, Anakin, +3 GR characters at g10 or more.
    (5 ships + 5 characters with gear)
    Phase 2 requires
    Padme (requiring 5 seperatists)
    C3P0 (requiring 5 Ewoks)
    Ahsoka and Shaak Ti,
    then General Kenobi (which probably requires some characters to, I don't know, do the tank raid)
    (12 characters + g12/13)
    And finally, the last phase. That one I will give you for free, since you could use those 5 to get Padme, but still need gear.
    In summary: 5 ships, 17 characters, with at least G10 and up to G13.
    I got a 7* Thrawn with a G10 Phoenix team.
    CG has made characters harder to get and less worthwhile, all while demanding more gear and taking more ways to get gear away.

19 characters and 5 ships actually.
    Mace, Anakin, +3 GR for the ships. We'll make ahsoka one of those so 5 there
    5 seps to get padme. Another 5, plus padme herself makes 11
    5 ewoks for 3p0. Another 5 + 3p0 makes 17.
    Ahsoka, covered in ship phase.
    Shaak Ti and General Kenobi make 19 characters required at 7* and geared.
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Malak was different.

Nope. Epic Confrontation = 5* unlock + GET store.

It was the same issue with oblivious players when sneaky CG changed the rules from “Hero’s Journeys” to “Ancient Journeys”. “Legendary” events are different too and now we have Epic Confrontations. Pay attention and you won’t get caught with your pants down and your hand out looking for a refund.

CG is supposed to be adding layers of confusion to the game. That’s what keeps most of us engaged and always thinking of ways to win.

...do you even Sabacc?

This doesn't keep us engaged and thinking of ways to win though. It angers the community and pushes people to quit the game. Might be time to switch tactics.