I predict they will...

Prev1345
Palanthian
1262 posts Member
edited October 2019
...do nothing about all of this.

I think the outrage over this event is on a higher level than previous events, but I think CG will stay true to form.

I'm expecting full Turtle Mode. They will ignore all complaints about GET currency and GAS being useless as a 5*. They'll make some posts on other trivial subjects to show that they ARE communicating, and that they're just not willing to talk about THIS.

In a month or so, they'll announce that they observed a huge amount of "engagement" with the event, and that it was therefore a huge success.

Don't get your hopes up, us veterans know how this ends. If you continue to play SWGOH, you accept it and move on - as always.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    I disagree, i think that relics were more negatively received than this event, if anything, a large part of the issue with this event is the involvement of relics.
    When there were no relics in the game you could get a new toon and even when not 'maxed out' they could have a massive impact on meta teams in arena, the only real place we have to use toons at any given time. Bastilla is perhaps a good example of this, a 3 star toon used in arena, maybe even nest too.
    Now that relics are in the game, no new toon will ever be received in the same way again, they have almost no use in the only place we have to use toons, the arena.
    That is the insidious nature of relics.
  • Options
    The reason the outrage is higher this time is cos whales have never really been locked behind time before, they could always buy ahead tightly or wrongly. This is the first time they can’t do that so it’s the first time they are actually really mad cow they can’t max something for ages. I agree this was ridiculous and just so stupid from them.

Now you say you know how this ends but the game always gives advantage to paying players, and caves when they get mad. I’m yet to see them not cave to anything, they cater to whales and they are the only people they really care about if we’re being honest. It’s the f2p that know how it ends when they have a complaint, getting straight ignored.
  • Options
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    I disagree, i think that relics were more negatively received than this event, if anything, a large part of the issue with this event is the involvement of relics.
    When there were no relics in the game you could get a new toon and even when not 'maxed out' they could have a massive impact on meta teams in arena, the only real place we have to use toons at any given time. Bastilla is perhaps a good example of this, a 3 star toon used in arena, maybe even nest too.
    Now that relics are in the game, no new toon will ever be received in the same way again, they have almost no use in the only place we have to use toons, the arena.

Relics are fine, they have diversified the meta, if anything. Relics are unpopular with FTP, because they've widened the "whale gap".

The GAS event has upset everyone:
    • It's upset FTP because they can't get him
    • It's upset dolphins because they spent alot and still couldn't get him
    • It's upset whales who didn't hoard GET because a 5* GAS is not viable in arena or in any high-end content
    • It's even upset GET hoarders, because a 7* GAS is easily countered by Padme

It's also upset everyone who believed CG when they said they were trying to ease the gear crunch, by effectively closing off one of the best gear currencies.

The meta report is showing just over 100 7* GAS unlocks, that was barely worth running the event for. We now have a 6 month old DR meta (with counters, I concede) that is unlikely to change until the next legendary release, possibly in December for Rise of Skywalker.

Where does GAS fit in all of this? I honestly don't know, and that's a crazy situation for such a high profile release.
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »

Relics are fine, they have diversified the meta, if anything. Relics are unpopular with FTP, because they've widened the "whale gap".

The GAS event has upset everyone:
    • It's upset FTP because they can't get him
    • It's upset dolphins because they spent alot and still couldn't get him
    • It's upset whales who didn't hoard GET because a 5* GAS is not viable in arena or in any high-end content
    • It's even upset GET hoarders, because a 7* GAS is easily countered by Padme

It's also upset everyone who believed CG when they said they were trying to ease the gear crunch, by effectively closing off one of the best gear currencies.

The meta report is showing just over 100 7* GAS unlocks, that was barely worth running the event for. We now have a 6 month old DR meta (with counters, I concede) that is unlikely to change until the next legendary release, possibly in December for Rise of Skywalker.

Where does GAS fit in all of this? I honestly don't know, and that's a crazy situation for such a high profile release.

Relics have really damaged gameplay imo. Damage is way too high now, everything is being oneshot.

And as for having him 7* being able to be countered, if you are asking for each new team to be better than every other team in the game, as has always been done in the past, that is a pretty surefire way to destroy this game quickly, although I kind of think DR did that already.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Out of curiousity, what would you like them to do?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

I'm glad you asked! There's a few things they could do.

The Sensible Solution:

They could allow GAS to be purchased with GET1 OR GET2. This would remove the ridiculous scenario where you can farm GAS almost 2x faster by playing only Hoth TB. The latest, greatest end-game character should not be best farmed by playing early/mid-game content.

The Charitable Solution:

CG realises that a 5* unlock is not viable in today's age of G13 and relics, and that requiring GET1 has broken their recent pledge to ease the gear crunch, so they credit the shards to 7* the character to everyone who unlocked him, and refund the GET1. Never going to happen, but we can dream.

The Whale Solution:

They provide a monetary route to finishing off the character, i.e. shard packs. I can't see this happening, either, but they'd make a load of money from it. Let's face it, they're not going to make much money from Arc Trooper if there's only 100 7* GAS in the wild. Nobody with a 5* will care about Arc Trooper.

I would take any of the above solutions to this issue. The Malak release worked, I accept that, but there were key differences:
    • Malak WAS viable at 5* and slotted into an already near-meta team
    • Malak could be farmed in just 3 months, even if the player had no GET saved, and Hoth was the only TB in town
    • The power ceiling was G12+5, now it's G13+R7, which is a universe of difference

A 5* unlock is no longer viable. CG have dropped the ball on this, I hope they realise it quickly and restore some faith with the players who, like it or not, keep the lights on.
  • Options
    I disagree, i think that relics were more negatively received than this event,

I think though too, I've only been playing the game about 18 months now, but I've never seen a survey about a feature - has that happened before? the fact they've had to do a player survey, shows me that they are concerned about the impact relics has had - they must have seen it in some metrics to send it out.
  • Options

Well I wrote a big long reply covering multiple scenarios, nothing controversial in it whatsoever, and they've pulled it for moderation. Hopefully it comes back.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Well I wrote a big long reply covering multiple scenarios, nothing controversial in it whatsoever, and they've pulled it for moderation. Hopefully it comes back.

happens a lot. @Kyno might be able to help recover that comment.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    giving those shard away after the event is probably not going to go over well as i'm sure many have decided to skip this event because they didn't have GET1 hoarded.
    (I'm just playing devil's advocate here, i'd love those extra shards.)
  • Options
    I guess my disappointment is in that a 5 star GAS isn't that viable as a leader that he is supposed to be, who's synergy primarily rests with other Clones.

This isn't like Malak. Malak doesn't have a lead. Isn't a leader. He was the 5th piece, arguable a very important piece, but not more important than **** Fallen inside of that group. In fact, you could argue that **** Fallen is more versatile than Malak and can fit in better with other sith teams. She feel taylor made for an EP team.

More to the point, Malak didn't come out with G13 and Relics. It's a completely different landscape. GAS just isn't viable in a 501st group at 5 stars. Malak, who mechanics on his abilities and kit, work so different, and his intent and synergy was so much different as he's not a lead. It's -- maybe same style of event, but not the same type of character.

They could, show some compassion, understanding and make his and malak's shards more accessible. They can't be happy with the pace guilds are filling their platoons in TB with Malak.

You know darn well GAS will be in a platoon. I can't imagine they expect the majority of guilds to operate in the next 5 months or longer without filling the new light side geo.

It's kinda baffling. The experience isn't awesome. I'm with you. But I'm also at the point where, I feel it's near useless fret or even to voice displeasure. They just keep rolling.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

The meta report is showing just over 100 7* GAS unlocks, that was barely worth running the event for.

At least give it a week before declaring this was "barely worth running the event." Not everybody is going to burn crystals refreshing the store to get him 7* in 2 days.
  • Options
    Just to toss my $.02 into the pot, I think they'll do nothing. They can't give this character away, maybe make the event easier? I don't see that happening either.
    I am not really surprised by this move. It's bold, even for Obi Wan. I find it tough to come by gear 12+, never mind the finisher pieces, which aren't as unique as they claim. Now to get Gen Sky, several characters are needed with relics. Some of the higher levels of the relics look like they need some rare gear to make. I think it is too soon for an event of this caliber. I am a F2P player, but with the way the game is going, I have gone from considering buying an $8 pack occasionally to actually thinking about quitting. It is a culmination of Geo TB, relics and now the final straw is General Skywalker. The frustration doesn't come with not being able to perform well in the arenas. As a collector, there is a drive to unlock everything. I guess I get caught "chasing the carrot" and end up not working on favorites, but grinding out the event required characters. I understand that those who play get an advantage. No big deal. Thanks to those players for supporting the game. Just feels like other areas of the game are stagnant and should get some work.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

The meta report is showing just over 100 7* GAS unlocks, that was barely worth running the event for.

At least give it a week before declaring this was "barely worth running the event." Not everybody is going to burn crystals refreshing the store to get him 7* in 2 days.

And.. not every body is going to feel the same sense of value in this. We should respect that too. Let's not invalidate anyone's feelings regardless.

It's clear he's salty. I am too. I'm sure you would prefer a 7 star unlock as I think we all would.

CG has their reasons. We have no vote. The only thing we can do is just roll with this and let people express them selves a bit, reasonably or not.

If I am being truly fair and dispassionate about this, I see reasons for them making it a 5 star unlock, however, given the current landscape, I find it unreasonable they are jacking up the price, and that they are in a GUILD even store when this is an individual event. Why did they jack up the price on Malak and GAS? And then put it in the Guild event store. They could open avenues that wouldn't be detrimental to get his shards faster. I mean, sticking him in platoons should just be a simple reasonable move to make his more accessible.
  • Options
    Of course they're not going to do anything. This event worked as intended, the player base is just being **** than usual.

I didn't get him this time, I'll get him next time. It's that simple. Grow up.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    a big problem here are two things in my eyes:

-now general grievous is a really strong hero. but after the february hype all thought, that the game-changer-hero will work at once. but this wasn't the case. after a good half year he began to shine.

-we see videos in youtube, how good the new characters work. but we should not forget, how long it needs to get a hero to relic7. this isn't the reality, unfortunately, this is the future.

(it's not the subject here, but when i look at the sithraid rewards, i can understand the frustration of some players. i made a lot of top 3 ranks this year. i got once a full gear12+ piece, some full gear12 pieces, and once more than 50% gear12+ pieces, but not 100% of them and the one or the other full usefull piece for "under gear12". the most rewards go directly to the scavenger.
    to make it short: with some pit-rewards i have sometimes more fun than with sithraid rewards. (especially after another no-full-piece result)
    since when we do territory battles? how many full gear12 pieces did we get?)

makes not really sense if one is building some good teams, tries things out and changes mods after each phase, and gets gear rewards like a 20+ rank...
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Of course they're not going to do anything. This event worked as intended, the player base is just being **** than usual.

Don't insult people by telling them to grow up. You don't speak for everyone and that is a really harsh statement to make when someone is clearly upset.

Please, be kind. Don't insult people please.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

And.. not every body is going to feel the same sense of value in this. We should respect that too. Let's not invalidate anyone's feelings regardless.

It's clear he's salty. I am too. I'm sure you would prefer a 7 star unlock as I think we all would.

CG has their reasons. We have no vote. The only thing we can do is just roll with this and let people express them selves a bit, reasonably or not.

So expressing unreasonable opinions is fine, but asking someone to give it ateast a week to mabye form less unreasonable opinion is something we should avoid because it invalidates someone's feelings?
    I don't know man, but that sounds backwards as heck to me...
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    I don't respect hyperbole, nor do I respect the willingness to declare everything trash immediately.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Um, no, telling somebody that he's being unreasonable is also a thing I can do.
  • Mol9961
    71 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Everyone is fed up, but now cg has their cash cows ****. This is where they can lose money. This was really bad, and the people that spent to get gas are mad. Many won’t spend next time.
    I just look at this entire event, and it makes me wonder who is in charge there. Did they put any thought into this event? It seems poorly planned in every aspect.
    I seriously question where this game is going with the current leadership.
    They can’t go out and make a public offering due to their mistake though. It makes the bad state of the game look worse. They have to do something like half price get. Or double get from the next three tb. Or even add GET to raids temporarily.
    They can push this as something, and it makes it look planned and organized. It would also make the people complaining look silly, because it appears as if CG was on top of it. The problem is they can’t wait. The longer this keeps happening the worse the mood toward the game gets
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

I don't think the "outrage" over this event is much different than any other "outrage" over similar past events.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Mol9961 wrote: »
    I seriously question where this game is going with the current leadership.

The forums has been saying this very often for over a year now. The game is still here and so are you.

I get the frustration around the requirements for the game but it's something to build towards. When Malak came out, people were just as mad about the requirements and we all chased the requirements. The same will happen for this event.

Regarding GAS being a bad toon, he isn't. Just because the YouTubers came out and said he wasn't meta at 5* doesn't mean he's bad. He's a good toon. Malak at 5* is very defeatable. If GAS at 5* was meta defining, at 7* he'd be ridiculous. Let's just give it a couple of weeks until we see more 7* GAS and new theorycrafting for the toon comes out before we give the toon a grade.