Mega Thread (Counters for 7 STAR GS) - Ideas welcome! - Free 7 star GS???

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    I find it funny that someone thinks that very few people would have had the needed toons geared or available. Most of the needed toons have been in the game for ages. Only really recentishly released units needed are ETA2, B1, Droideka, and Shaak Ti. And of those only Shaak Ti is really truly recent ( though not so recent she'd have been hard to 7* in that time span). With the separatist tb loads of people were farming Sep droids. People were expecting something to need Shaak Ti... like a LOT of people.... LOTS and LOTS of people. lol

The idea that people wouldn't have the necessary toons available and geared enough with their overall power and usefulness throughout the current state of the game unless having spent loads of money is about as far a stretch as I can conceive here.

I would have been ready for this event easily if I hadn't taken a 3 month break from the game. I was lucky enough to be able to surmount my arena deficits and get back in the swing of things, but doing so cost me the time I would have needed for this event. It's fine. I'll be ready in 3 months whether the event is back or not.

No, I'd say it's far more likely that the majority of the people who got GAS this time around were FTP/guppie/dolphin dedicated, and probably only a few newbie krakens really dipped deep in the wallets on this.

Anyhoo TLDR;
    This was probably one of the most easily accesible FTP events I have seen since before CG Carrie took over.

Then why did just over 1/3 as many people get GAS as were able to get Malak? While I don't disagree with some of your logic, the math of only 6k players unlocking GAS (as opposed to 15k+ that got Malak on the first go) seems to suggest that this event was much more difficult even than Malak - about 3 times as difficult, apparently. Even if the numbers are the same as Malak, percentage wise - that would only mean less than 300 f2p players unlocked GAS this time around. But, we admittedly have no idea what that number is. I would find it very difficult to believe that it's higher than Malak, percentage wise. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were lower....much lower.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I find it funny that someone thinks that very few people would have had the needed toons geared or available. Most of the needed toons have been in the game for ages. Only really recentishly released units needed are ETA2, B1, Droideka, and Shaak Ti. And of those only Shaak Ti is really truly recent ( though not so recent she'd have been hard to 7* in that time span). With the separatist tb loads of people were farming Sep droids. People were expecting something to need Shaak Ti... like a LOT of people.... LOTS and LOTS of people. lol

The idea that people wouldn't have the necessary toons available and geared enough with their overall power and usefulness throughout the current state of the game unless having spent loads of money is about as far a stretch as I can conceive here.

I would have been ready for this event easily if I hadn't taken a 3 month break from the game. I was lucky enough to be able to surmount my arena deficits and get back in the swing of things, but doing so cost me the time I would have needed for this event. It's fine. I'll be ready in 3 months whether the event is back or not.

No, I'd say it's far more likely that the majority of the people who got GAS this time around were FTP/guppie/dolphin dedicated, and probably only a few newbie krakens really dipped deep in the wallets on this.

Anyhoo TLDR;
    This was probably one of the most easily accesible FTP events I have seen since before CG Carrie took over.

Then why did just over 1/3 as many people get GAS as were able to get Malak? While I don't disagree with some of your logic, the math of only 6k players unlocking GAS (as opposed to 15k+ that got Malak on the first go) seems to suggest that this event was much more difficult even than Malak - about 3 times as difficult, apparently. Even if the numbers are the same as Malak, percentage wise - that would only mean less than 300 f2p players unlocked GAS this time around. But, we admittedly have no idea what that number is. I would find it very difficult to believe that it's higher than Malak, percentage wise. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were lower....much lower.

I don't think anybody whaled for GAS while everyone whaled for Malak. Most who could have whaled chose not to. That's the biggest difference in numbers IMO... people weren't willing to whale to be ready for GAS. This would mean that the majority of the people who got him were doing so for free or very little.
  • Options
    the chances of you coming up against a 7 STAR GEAR 13 R7 GS is slim to none.

I’m looking at two different players in my GAC round, both will fully maxed GAnakins.

So much for that “slim to none” theory.

you are probably the exception, well done
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    the chances of you coming up against a 7 STAR GEAR 13 R7 GS is slim to none.

I’m looking at two different players in my GAC round, both will fully maxed GAnakins.

So much for that “slim to none” theory.

you are probably the exception, well done

Over 350 7*s and over 250 g13s at the moment.
    "slim to none" though..
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Anyhoo TLDR;

You mean it’s not just because everybody had already quit since the game is dying??
  • Options
    can we get back on topic and just give advice for how to counter GAS (aside from padme)? ive heard that cls han chewie teams can work, im not sure how well though and what the other toons need to (R2 and a weak srp?)
  • Options
    can we get back on topic and just give advice for how to counter GAS (aside from padme)? ive heard that cls han chewie teams can work, im not sure how well though and what the other toons need to (R2 and a weak srp?)

that's a dam fine point and after all, the reason i started the thread.
  • Options
    Came here looking for GS counters. Got 2 pages of strawmanning and pretentiousness.

• Options
    There’s a new one out with zmaul lead and bastila, nihilus, Malak, and thrawn. Use bastila first and apply the debuffs, then use nihilus’ special, THEN fracture GS, then after that expires swap tm with nihilus and boom presto capiche?