please do something with GA

Prev1
AngelVazzana
541 posts Member
edited November 2019
I go in to fight my opponent and notice they don’t set a full GA defense. So because they didn’t set all the teams I can’t get the points I deserve because they decided to cheat me out of them. This should not just be on CG but also on the opponent. People that does this should be punished by not being allowed to join the GA battles the rest of the month and if they continue to do it then ban them permanently from GA. This isn’t right and can cause the ones that actually play this event to be cheated out of points and not advance up to Kyber league. Please fix this and please give me my points that I have lost by not being able to fight all the teams that wasn’t set. @CG_Crumb
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    There's people here who brag about doing this. They are bad people and they should feel bad.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I've seen people accidentally forget to put up a defense because of fleets. Ahnald has done it too, it could just be that. Was it only 1 defense spot?
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    I wish people would stop acting like Ahnald knows anything just because he shouts into a microphone.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I wish people would stop acting like Ahnald knows anything just because he shouts into a microphone.
    Maybe you should get your own microphone
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Maybe you should get your own microphone

As soon as that paycheck comes in.
  • Options

Lol, he knows enough. Don't hate.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    xPat3678x wrote: »

I'm told his GA live streams prove otherwise.
  • Options
    xPat3678x wrote: »

I'm told his GA live streams prove otherwise.

Lol, knows how to win.
  • Options
    You should be getting max banners for those spots, so this helps you. Unless something isn’t working right.
  • GunsAtFour
    364 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    You should be getting max banners for those spots, so this helps you. Unless something isn’t working right.

This is CG/EA we are talking about here.
    Something is always "isnt working right"

Still waiting for my rewards from the last GAC, just getting the run around by the help staff.
    They keep asking for more and more information. the trouble is I gave them everything they needed to know in the first email. Its as if the help staff are incompetent.
  • Options
    GunsAtFour wrote: »

Still waiting for my rewards from the last GAC, just getting the run around by the help staff.
    They keep asking for more and more information. the trouble is I gave them everything they needed to know in the first email. Its as if the help staff are incompetent.

This game has had its share of bugs. I don’t see how that’s relevant here, as I don’t see anyone reporting anything not working as intended.

There’s only 1 feat that must be done this round, and that’s undersized squad. IF the OP is able to undersized one of the squads that are on defense then he just got a huge boost over everyone else. If they set just a meta team that can’t be undersized, he loses out on 70 banners there (although he could intentionally lose but leave 1 char left, then undersized that, but I’ll assume he doesn’t). Depending on his typical score, he maybe misses out on 40 points or so at most.

Trading those points for a guaranteed win is going to be a very good deal for 99+% of the player base.
  • GunsAtFour
    364 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

This game has had its share of bugs. I don’t see how that’s relevant here, as I don’t see anyone reporting anything not working as intended.

Still waiting for my rewards from the last GAC,
    While we do not know that this bug is going to affect this GAC, its is still a GAC bug.
    Granted this current GAC has not proved to have any problems as yet, its only been running for the best part of 2 days, just give it time Dog.

There’s only 1 feat that must be done this round, and that’s undersized squad. IF the OP is able to undersized one of the squads that are on defence then he just got a huge boost over everyone else. If they set just a meta team that can’t be undersized, he loses out on 70 banners there (although he could intentionally lose but leave 1 char left, then undersized that, but I’ll assume he doesn’t). Depending on his typical score, he maybe misses out on 40 points or so at most.

Trading those points for a guaranteed win is going to be a very good deal for 99+% of the player base.

emm... lolz. nothing to do with OP's question either so,.. something about a pot and a kettle??
    um, your you tube channel is pretty good. but long live Skelturix.

• Options
    Ahnald isn't the best player by any means and watching his GAC streams sometimes is making me hammering my head against a wall. But then there're some interesting choices in his fights that actually work. I'm there for these oddball moments and the show he's providing. A crazy dude for sure but that just fits me best.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Honestly, there are many flaws with GAC. As another example, if someone "fogets" to set defenses, CG kindly just puts all of their top toons on defense. While that certainly messes them up for playing offense, it's really not fun trying to accomplish feats when the first territory has a team of DR lead, JKA, GG (all R7), Malak at R5 and JKR. Before relics, that would have been an easier team to take out, due to the fact that there are 2 different synergies working (DR/Malak and JKR/JKA). Let's just say, after my arena team got smoked, I just cleared the other side and called it a day. The "auto set" defense puts the top 15 characters in the 3-team zone blocking ships. 11 of those 15 is relic level (I have 7 reliced characters on my entire roster). There has to be a better way to deal with the situation.

Between that, the people setting 1 team on defense so players can't get feats and people going all defense and not attacking just to try block people from kyber, GAC has some major weaknesses built in to the design.

The day GAC becomes the primary source of crystals over the arenas, will be the day I quit.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

emm... lolz. nothing to do with OP's question either so,.. something about a pot and a kettle??

[/quote]

Huh? The OP complained that an opponent not setting a defense can keep someone from reaching Kyber. I strongly disagreed with that, and believe it actually would help reach Kyber. It could possibly hurt the very elite players relative to their matchups, but it’s not keeping them from Kyber.
  • Options
    It would be fun if not the strongest but the weakest toons would be auto filled in. This way your opponent still has his top teams but needs to beat your perfect score. And it would deal with those sandbaggers that have an army of level one toons sitting around in their back alley.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options

Huh? The OP complained that an opponent not setting a defense can keep someone from reaching Kyber. I strongly disagreed with that, and believe it actually would help reach Kyber. It could possibly hurt the very elite players relative to their matchups, but it’s not keeping them from Kyber. [/quote].......

Well you can disagree all you want but I wasn’t only talking about this person. Re-read my post..... if this cost me points and then the next person I fight does the exact same thing. That’s 120 points or more I’m missing out on. Then let’s say in another GA I get a couple more opponents that do the very same thing or even worse only setting one team. Yes by losing points like that can definitely cause a person to miss out on getting Kyber especially in my division which is division 1. I’m over 5mil GP and have worked way to hard and grind Ed way to much just to be cheated out on the opportunity to get my full score. I almost get 1910 every GA match with a few 1889 so it’s not my fault when things like this happens. They can fix this very easily by taking actions on players who continue to do this and filling the spots with junk characters. They need to fix their broken game. Also TFV is 100% correct.....there was plenty on here just the other day bragging about doing this to other players because they don’t like the rewards. If they don’t want the rewards then don’t join bottom line.

• Options

--
    Irony of that comment is lost on you then.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Honestly, there are many flaws with GAC. As another example, if someone "fogets" to set defenses, CG kindly just puts all of their top toons on defense. While that certainly messes them up for playing offense, it's really not fun trying to accomplish feats ...

I disagree. It's fun to actually have to think about which teams to use, instead of just attacking with your usual go-to counter teams.

If you are not able to clear an autodeployed defense, chances are, that your opponent could have prevented you from clearing anyway, with a synergized defense.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    It would be fun if not the strongest but the weakest toons would be auto filled in. This way your opponent still has his top teams but needs to beat your perfect score. And it would deal with those sandbaggers that have an army of level one toons sitting around in their back alley.

This would still let him easily score the points from a full clearing of the board, if he chooses to attack (he will most likely not score the 1k for a win — unless you don't attack yourself). Why should he have an easy time scoring those points for his GAC rank? If he can win a few battles without using his 40 strongest characters, it's fine with me, though.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Kisakee wrote: »

This would still let him easily score the points from a full clearing of the board, if he chooses to attack (he will most likely not score the 1k for a win — unless you don't attack yourself). Why should he have an easy time scoring those points for his GAC rank? If he can win a few battles without using his 40 strongest characters, it's fine with me, though.

Maybe alternate top toon, bottom toon.
  • Options
    I go in to fight my opponent and notice they don’t set a full GA defense. So because they didn’t set all the teams I can’t get the points I deserve because they decided to cheat me out of them. This should not just be on CG but also on the opponent. People that does this should be punished by not being allowed to join the GA battles the rest of the month and if they continue to do it then ban them permanently from GA. This isn’t right and can cause the ones that actually play this event to be cheated out of points and not advance up to Kyber league. Please fix this and please give me my points that I have lost by not being able to fight all the teams that wasn’t set. @CG_Crumb

You have nothing to be upset about he is helping you get to kyber. U get 64 points for each team he didnt set. With max score and a win u dont need any feats to get to kyber.
  • Options

He means he can't chase the various feats. At some point, players are going to realize the 1000 banners you get for winning will get you further along than the odd feat. And 80% of the feats you can get organically. I haven't even sniffed Kyber and I've cleared all the feats. This GA, I'm focused only on wins. 60+ banners.
  • Options

I think it is well established in modern society that the more you scream, the more right you are.
  • Options

He means he can't chase the various feats. At some point, players are going to realize the 1000 banners you get for winning will get you further along than the odd feat. And 80% of the feats you can get organically. I haven't even sniffed Kyber and I've cleared all the feats. This GA, I'm focused only on wins. 60+ banners.

1600 for winning, no?
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Honestly, there are many flaws with GAC. As another example, if someone "fogets" to set defenses, CG kindly just puts all of their top toons on defense. While that certainly messes them up for playing offense, it's really not fun trying to accomplish feats ...

I disagree. It's fun to actually have to think about which teams to use, instead of just attacking with your usual go-to counter teams.

If you are not able to clear an autodeployed defense, chances are, that your opponent could have prevented you from clearing anyway, with a synergized defense.

Yes, if they weren't trying to actually win. But many of the toons used in auto deploy would have been saved for offense or distributed differently - in some cases, making them easier to clear.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Part of the problem (which isn't CG's fault per se) is that there are players who aren't engaging the game mode. As Dr. Reiner Knizia once stated "Remember: When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning...". While he was speaking in relation to boardgames, the quote is applicable here as well.

When people don't try to win, it breaks the game - at least in terms of how it was designed to function. Generally, I would prefer if CG could design around the problem, but at least some of the "blame" falls on the players who are not setting defenses, setting incomplete defenses, simply trying to prevent others from doing well or just trying to "make a point"....somehow..to....no one.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Part of the problem (which isn't CG's fault per se) is that there are players who aren't engaging the game mode. As Dr. Reiner Knizia once stated "Remember: When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning...". While he was speaking in relation to boardgames, the quote is applicable here as well.

When people don't try to win, it breaks the game - at least in terms of how it was designed to function. Generally, I would prefer if CG could design around the problem, but at least some of the "blame" falls on the players who are not setting defenses, setting incomplete defenses, simply trying to prevent others from doing well or just trying to "make a point"....somehow..to....no one.

Well, trying to win requires the possibility of winning. If the matchmaking leads to hopeless matches, is it really the players' fault that they are not trying to win?
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Well, trying to win requires the possibility of winning. If the matchmaking leads to hopeless matches, is it really the players' fault that they are not trying to win?
    Did you even try winning any of these 'hopeless' matches or you just set one team on defense to stop auto-deploy and came here complaining?

I doubt that your opponent having a G13 SRP equals an instant loss.
This discussion has been closed.