Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Jamerson wrote: »
    Sucks that the community manager cant quickly update us as to why we arent seeing DSTB. Just a vague calendar update post. No way in hell is he too busy to write a small paragraph daily to update us on whats going on. Extremely disconnected or just lazy?

Not sure what you are talking about.....care to elaborate on what you are not seeing that Crumb should be addressing?

Probably meant to say why we aren't seeing LSTB.

This. It’s just a calendar update with no real information about GEO LSTB release, delays, etc.

Perhaps it’s time they give just a biiiiiiit more clarity on what’s going on

Since they are running a DS Geo TB, it's not likely to be running, but they also told us (the mods) they have more posts coming. I am guessing one of those is going to address this, but I will press for more information if it's not in the queue.
  • Options
    Only 47/50?? You sandbagging bro?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ally
    47 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Sucks that the community manager cant quickly update us as to why we arent seeing DSTB. Just a vague calendar update post. No way in hell is he too busy to write a small paragraph daily to update us on whats going on. Extremely disconnected or just lazy?

Not sure what you are talking about.....care to elaborate on what you are not seeing that Crumb should be addressing?

Wait, you think this is good communication?

Its exactly like the Bomber delay, not actual openness of the delay and why the delay, just the absolute minimum they can get away with....to..their..actual...customers.

Players will understand if you take the time to explain, not just slip DSLB back in the schedule where the obvious new LSTB was supposed to be and hope people don't notice.

Communication is not hard, CG just refuse to do it.
  • TVF
    36772 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Only 47/50?? You sandbagging bro?

9.43/10.00
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Ally wrote: »

Its exactly like the Bomber delay, not actual openness of the delay and why the delay, just the absolute minimum they can get away with....to..their..actual...customers.

Players will understand if you take the time to explain, not just slip DSLB back in the schedule where the obvious new LSTB was supposed to be and hope people don't notice.

Don't be a customer then. 99.9% of the people who play this game don't spend. Game is free. If they don't want to give you a heads up so you can plan your resources, they don't have to. You are lucky there is a forum and mods. Enjoy the game and when the event comes it comes. Be lucky someone like me isn't in charge over there, I'd release 0 info and tell everyone to POUND SAND.

Keep up the great work CG!
  • Tiig
    297 posts Member
    Options
    Lilpup wrote: »

Don't be a customer then. 99.9% of the people who play this game don't spend. Game is free. If they don't want to give you a heads up so you can plan your resources, they don't have to. You are lucky there is a forum and mods. Enjoy the game and when the event comes it comes. Be lucky someone like me isn't in charge over there, I'd release 0 info and tell everyone to POUND SAND.

This pretty much sums up CG attitude it seems. Arrogant. “You’re lucky to have it, be quiet and grateful - we don’t need to talk to you”. No updates, No word on LSTB - just mods saying “oh they’re busy, they’ll tell us soon” day after day. Not even any word on how this DSTB will run - is the button bug still a problem meaning we have another TB with lifted restrictions, or is this back to vanilla DSTB?

As you all are saying, it would not be hard to have an update each day/each other day (heck, once a week - or even just once) on what is happening. It doesn’t take much, but this is nothing. “A communications disruption can mean only one thing”.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Tiig wrote: »

This pretty much sums up CG attitude it seems. Arrogant. “You’re lucky to have it, be quiet and grateful - we don’t need to talk to you”. No updates, No word on LSTB - just mods saying “oh they’re busy, they’ll tell us soon” day after day. Not even any word on how this DSTB will run - is the button bug still a problem meaning we have another TB with lifted restrictions, or is this back to vanilla DSTB?

As you all are saying, it would not be hard to have an update each day/each other day (heck, once a week - or even just once) on what is happening. It doesn’t take much, but this is nothing. “A communications disruption can mean only one thing”.

No I havent been saying that day after day.

Also, the plan for Nov still seems to be in place...
  • Ultra
    11592 posts Moderator
    Options

Is that your speculation or did they mention that they will cancel Territory Wars if LS TB is ready?
  • Options

Oh how I wish there were reactions available here other than “like”....
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Info on what? Ls geotb is coming soon, we just got two new ships, arc trooper soon, not sure what else there is to tell us. Not hating, just curious.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Is that your speculation or did they mention that they will cancel Territory Wars if LS TB is ready?

not my speculation. not sure what the whole plan is, just that its still part of the plan for Nov
  • Options
    Why is royal guard the login toon of the month for example ?

Why not?

I would list a bunch of reasons, but you enjoy defending them too much. Not worth my time lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Jack1210 wrote: »

Why not?

I would list a bunch of reasons, but you enjoy defending them too much. Not worth my time lol

go ahead and review the post where they spoke about what the idea of the log in toon would be and see if he doesn't fit any of those.
  • Options

Why not?

go ahead and review the post where they spoke about what the idea of the log in toon would be and see if he doesn't fit any of those.

That's fine that you're ok with them giving away a readily available and nearly useless toon as the login character, but I think it's a joke.
  • Options

Why not?

That's fine that you're ok with them giving away a readily available and nearly useless toon as the login character, but I think it's a joke.

Key words: giving away
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Why not?

True, and shard shop currency is better than nothing. But at least give away a toon that isn't as commonly owned and maxed. There's plenty of ones they could give away that wouldn't break their meta, that would also make people happier
  • Krashxxxx
    226 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Make Malak the log in character for December!!! 😂😂😂
    Then take them back at the end of the month.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Why not?

True, and shard shop currency is better than nothing. But at least give away a toon that isn't as commonly owned and maxed. There's plenty of ones they could give away that wouldn't break their meta, that would also make people happier

Historically the login toon hasn't been a highly desired toon. Rather it's usually used as some kind of a hint of what's coming.

Sure, it wouldn't kill them to give something more valuable, but that's just not the intention.

Personally I'm slightly excited by it, as I can't help but wonder if it means something will happen with the empire faction, such as a palp rework, or even a new palp for ep9. That's obviously highly speculative, but a fun thought nonetheless.
  • Options
    Krashxxxx wrote: »
    Make Malak the log in character for December!!! 😂😂😂
    Then take them back at the end of the month.

Ok, I'll admit that was funny.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Anyway just my 2 cents... Clone wars contend

1. DSTB
    2. LSTB - Incoming
    3. 2 x bombers event
    4. Galactic chase - bomber event
    5. Padme
    6. Droids rework
    7. Relics
    8. GAS
    9. Negotiator

To CG effort they did a lot already... Yet there is still one very big issue...

All of these are locked behind some insane requirement or pay wall.

All these are new contend - yet not all are playable. How abt something that all of us can play?

It doesn't need to be another legendary or epic confrontation. Assault battle that focus on clones will do.

But who am I kidding, those contend won't bring you money and you guys don't give a **** abt things so yup.
  • Options
    Oh and 1 more thing

Putting new char in hard node farm is not contend. Just FYI in case we have different expectation.
  • Options

Arrogant pompous azz!!!
  • NikTattooine
    10 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I was defending CG most of the time, cause I feel like a lot of players are impatient and just like to nag. But the last few weeks have been devastating when it comes to communication. It really feels like an order has been given from the new chief to stop communicating so frequently. The exchange between GameChangers, Players and CG was one of the things I loved about that game..

My thoughts, total speculation of course: I think they had so many problems with Malak, DS Geo Disappearing Buttons and stuff, that they had to push back LS Geo. But now Episode IX comes in the way. Thats inavoidable. It would be the best month for SWGOH in a long time if we get to see LS Geo and Episode IX content (call it reskin, whatever) within the next 30 days, but I start to believe that they will bring Episode IX content which they will have to do and push LS Geo to 2020...

• Options

Daily update? "We're still working. On the same things as yesterday. Thanks"

Community: "There's no content in these daily updates."

That's why we don't get them.
  • Options

Daily update? "We're still working. On the same things as yesterday. Thanks"

Community: "There's no content in these daily updates."

That's why we don't get them.

Why was vulture droid farm delayed?
    Because.

Why was hyena chase brought forward?
    Because.

Why was compensation for the malak debacle unevenly distributed?
    Worse than 'Because'

Why is player lock the way it is atm?
    I actually dont know if they fully answered this but it is so bad that i am still going to put it on them.

Why are bugs in the game getting worse?
    We dont know, but the one guy fixing it is really close to knowing how long it will take him to fix it.

There's still a whole bunch more of these.
    Not saying the community cant be toxic but it's their job to do this and they're apparently EAs top mobile game...
  • TVF
    36772 posts Member
    Options

not my speculation. not sure what the whole plan is, just that its still part of the plan for Nov

@Kyno I'm quite sure you are not allowed to tell us everything you have been told, but this makes no sense to me. There will be one week left in November after the next Geo DS TB runs. This makes it sound like they are (if everything works out of course) planning to run another Geo TB (the new LS one) that last week, which would be an unheard of three TB in a month and two back to back. How else can I interpret what you said?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Kyno I'm quite sure you are not allowed to tell us everything you have been told, but this makes no sense to me. There will be one week left in November after the next Geo DS TB runs. This makes it sound like they are (if everything works out of course) planning to run another Geo TB (the new LS one) that last week, which would be an unheard of three TB in a month and two back to back. How else can I interpret what you said?

I am doing my best to not interrupt what I was told.

When we asked for a statement to be made about an update to LS TB because it didnt seem to be possible to stick to the Nov plan, we were told that it's still in the plan.

Take it how you want, but all this means to me is that it will be launched in Nov unless they state otherwise.
  • TVF
    36772 posts Member
    Options
    Ok. If that's all they told you then I can't complain about you saying it.

I can complain about them saying it though. It still makes no sense to me.