Can we get some info?

13Next

Replies

• TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Ok. If that's all they told you then I can't complain about you saying it.

I can complain about them saying it though. It still makes no sense to me.

We were just discussing on the secret whale discord and I guess in theory it could be in game on the 28th so you could select it, and then it runs staring on the 2nd or 3rd.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Ok. If that's all they told you then I can't complain about you saying it.

I can complain about them saying it though. It still makes no sense to me.

We were just discussing on the secret whale discord and I guess in theory it could be in game on the 28th so you could select it, and then it runs staring on the 2nd or 3rd.

We were just discussing on the secret whale discord how it's not really a whale discord because we have several people who claim to be 100% f2p, and at least one who claims f2p status despite buying a $10 IPD pack once, so I apologize for the misinformation. It's actually the secret CGDF discord.

Technically it's also not a secret since the link is in my sig. And no you don't have to be in my guild (or even want to be in my guild) to come say hi.

Anyway, sorry for the derail. The more I think about it the "in-game on the 28th and live on the 2nd or 3rd" plan makes perfect sense. Fingers crossed. I need my Captain Mal.
  • Options
    November 42nd, they’re still on track
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Why is royal guard the login toon of the month for example ?

Why not?

Did anyone else hear that in John Belushi's voice and think, "Why Pinto?"or am I just getting old?
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    Slippyfist wrote: »
    Why is royal guard the login toon of the month for example ?

Why not?

Did anyone else hear that in John Belushi's voice and think, "Why Pinto?"or am I just getting old?

Why can't it be both?
  • Options
    So if LS Geo is still in the plans for this month, then why isn't Arc Trooper in the game yet, or whatever toon is going to be the GBA equivalent? Are we going to have less than 2 weeks to farm the new toon that will be needed for LS Geo?

What about other toons required for LS Geo? Are we going to get any info indicating which toons are required?

I've been playing the hoarding game for a bit now. It is very boring and demoralizing to literally hoard everything possible. I don't think I have hit the equip button on ANY piece of gear on ANY toon in over two weeks time now.

• TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    So if LS Geo is still in the plans for this month, then why isn't Arc Trooper in the game yet, or whatever toon is going to be the GBA equivalent? Are we going to have less than 2 weeks to farm the new toon that will be needed for LS Geo?

What about other toons required for LS Geo? Are we going to get any info indicating which toons are required?

I've been playing the hoarding game for a bit now. It is very boring and demoralizing to literally hoard everything possible. I don't think I have hit the equip button on ANY piece of gear on ANY toon in over two weeks time now.

How long did we get for GBA? I think it was a few days?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    one of the best moments lately in the forums was when everyone was pitchforking about the lack of info on the malak bug disaster, then cg "finally" said "we're still working on it" and people were like "finally! thank you for the info update!"
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Update:

LSGEO is coming- whale up sep ships for platoons or get steamrolled. Whale up Shaak Ti and Arc Trooper, and new bomber or miss out on missions.

Get First Order and Resistance ready for December

Buh-bye
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

We had about 2 days to farm Brood Alpha before DS started. No reason not to expect the same.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    Who needs to whale up to have a functional Shark Tea by now???
  • Options
    Ready urself - LS TB BUG incoming.

Hope they will cancel the TB and give us the rewards like how the DS TB first started.

Can't wait - do prove us wrong CG
  • Options

How long did we get for GBA? I think it was a few days?

I was thinking it was more like right at 2 weeks. I could be wrong on that. Point remains, it is very hard to prepare for this when we are in the dark about so much.

So I looked, and it looks like you are correct at first glance. Seemed like we had more notice, but apparently not.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I agree they should say something. People will still be mad, because they always are, but at least it would be something.

My plan is to just continue to be ready for whenever it drops, be it 12/2/19 or 2/2/2222.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Tiig wrote: »
    Lilpup wrote: »
    Ally wrote: »
    Jamerson wrote: »
    Sucks that the community manager cant quickly update us as to why we arent seeing DSTB. Just a vague calendar update post. No way in hell is he too busy to write a small paragraph daily to update us on whats going on. Extremely disconnected or just lazy?

Not sure what you are talking about.....care to elaborate on what you are not seeing that Crumb should be addressing?

Wait, you think this is good communication?

Its exactly like the Bomber delay, not actual openness of the delay and why the delay, just the absolute minimum they can get away with....to..their..actual...customers.

Players will understand if you take the time to explain, not just slip DSLB back in the schedule where the obvious new LSTB was supposed to be and hope people don't notice.

Communication is not hard, CG just refuse to do it.

Don't be a customer then. 99.9% of the people who play this game don't spend. Game is free. If they don't want to give you a heads up so you can plan your resources, they don't have to. You are lucky there is a forum and mods. Enjoy the game and when the event comes it comes. Be lucky someone like me isn't in charge over there, I'd release 0 info and tell everyone to POUND SAND.

Keep up the great work CG!

This pretty much sums up CG attitude it seems. Arrogant. “You’re lucky to have it, be quiet and grateful - we don’t need to talk to you”. No updates, No word on LSTB - just mods saying “oh they’re busy, they’ll tell us soon” day after day. Not even any word on how this DSTB will run - is the button bug still a problem meaning we have another TB with lifted restrictions, or is this back to vanilla DSTB?

As you all are saying, it would not be hard to have an update each day/each other day (heck, once a week - or even just once) on what is happening. It doesn’t take much, but this is nothing. “A communications disruption can mean only one thing”.

No I havent been saying that day after day.

Also, the plan for Nov still seems to be in place...
    Is that your speculation or did they mention that they will cancel Territory Wars if LS TB is ready?

not my speculation. not sure what the whole plan is, just that its still part of the plan for Nov

Kyno I'm quite sure you are not allowed to tell us everything you have been told, but this makes no sense to me. There will be one week left in November after the next Geo DS TB runs. This makes it sound like they are (if everything works out of course) planning to run another Geo TB (the new LS one) that last week, which would be an unheard of three TB in a month and two back to back. How else can I interpret what you said?

I am doing my best to not interrupt what I was told.

When we asked for a statement to be made about an update to LS TB because it didnt seem to be possible to stick to the Nov plan, we were told that it's still in the plan.

Take it how you want, but all this means to me is that it will be launched in Nov unless they state otherwise.

Unless they state otherwise? How on earth would such a statement be possible? Perhaps a....statement?
  • Options
    I'd actually rather they release Light side geo tb next month so I can actually unlock negotiator and level it up (I'm 130/145 so like one more geotb)
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    I'd actually rather they release Light side geo tb next month so I can actually unlock negotiator and level it up (I'm 130/145 so like one more geotb)

Why does it matter, you'll still get currency either way.
  • Options

Functional? Seven star and relic’ed, too?
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

Seven star yes, relic'd if you really wanted it but you don't need her relic'd to be functional. I got UP unlocked with a G11 Sharky.

We'll see what we need for TB when it's released but several DS teams work at G11 so I'm not expecting only full relic'd teams will work.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Seven star yes, relic'd if you really wanted it but you don't need her relic'd to be functional. I got UP unlocked with a G11 Sharky.

We'll see what we need for TB when it's released but several DS teams work at G11 so I'm not expecting only full relic'd teams will work.

Considering the DS Geo TB difficulty and the difference between the two versions of Hoth, I don't think g11 is going to cut it. Especially in later phases.
    Btw who is UP?
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    Useless Paperweight i.e. General Skywalker.

Time will tell on the difficulty, but it's a pretty big leap from G11 to relics. I'm thinking of a team like Traya, which can handle the first three phases at G11. Maybe there won't be options like that for LS but G12 seems plausible.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Good to have the GS confusion cleared. UP it is!
    Yeah, it's reasonable to expect some results at g12. Probably not full clears beyond p1, though.
  • Options
    Useless Paperweight i.e. General Skywalker.

Time will tell on the difficulty, but it's a pretty big leap from G11 to relics. I'm thinking of a team like Traya, which can handle the first three phases at G11. Maybe there won't be options like that for LS but G12 seems plausible.

Thought it would’ve been utterly pointless haha
  • Options
    I'm not even mad, just curious... Especially since the 4th quarter is half done and so much has spilled in from the last quarter.

How to fit everything into just under 2 months is coming up on an exciting time for the game! I'm hoping they try anyways...

But an indication of something, anything at this point, of where they are going with the game would be nice...
  • Options
    It’s the lack of consistency in communication that annoys me.
    Hell they made a huge drive towards the dev tracker on Trello, yet when one of the biggest bugs in recent times (Malek) occurred it didn’t make it into the tracker. Last update on trello is showing as 31 Oct, when we have had quite a few updates since then.

If your going to say your communicating in one way and time lines then stick to it, even if it’s a quick post to say slight delay check back next week.