This is ridiculous, totally forgot. :/

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem like they can make a "leave" feature like there is in TW.
    Is that information from you talking with somone at CG Kyno or is it your assumption based on the fact that they have not added that feature yet?

Conversation. We literally spoke about this yesterday with one of the dev team.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    xPat3678x wrote: »
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem like they can make a "leave" feature like there is in TW.

Yeah, that would be nice. It sucks tho, I'm soo mad at myself for clicking that dang join button! Haha. Like, I knew better also, I knew that I'd have to join at the last minute pretty much, since the start of round 1 lol.

It was asked if they could at least add a pop up confirmation to avoid that. I wonder how this will play out.
    It didn't happen to me and usually, I'm one of those who always say, people should just pay attention to what they are doing. But in this case, I have to agree with those who complain because I can understand it. Joining a GA as soon as it pops up is in the muscle memory of many people in the meantime, though that might solve itself after a while of getting used to it. But, in general, the change was a totally unpractical solution that makes things more complicated for all players. A far better solution imho would have been to add an hour or so between the join phase and the defensive phase, while during that hour the system would have enough time to snapshot the rosters.

Absolutely, especially with the sting of events pressing that button is second nature. We will try to keep this in the forefront to see if we can get that.
  • Options
    I am glad the join works as is. People need to take responsibility for their own actions.
  • Options
    DadKev wrote: »
    I am glad the join works as is.
    Ummmm.....it doesn't technically work "as is", as the "countdown to lock" timer isn't really that at all. So it technically works "as updated on the forums - which is contrary to as it appears in-game."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ummmm.....it doesn't technically work "as is", as the "countdown to lock" timer isn't really that at all. So it technically works "as updated on the forums - which is contrary to as it appears in-game."

Technically "lock" can mean multiple things, one of which is that you can no longer join once the timer expires and the game mode locks you out.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I am glad the join works as is. People need to take responsibility for their own actions.

Although we are ultimately responsible for our actions, those actions can be conditioned and these button presses are highly conditioned responses. When the Bronzium was moved to the front of the store they recognized the problem of this conditioning and refunded people that instinctively performed an automatic motor pattern and accidentally purchased cards at the far right in the store. They recognized accidental button presses/lag issues leading to crippling mixed auto filled squads in TW so they eliminated the autopopulating from the top of your roster.
    The current GA roster lock is bad design and worse then the TW auto populate issues because
    1) it isn’t clear in game (I read the forums and knew not to lock but plenty don’t and shouldn’t have to play the game).
    2) It handicaps you for a whole week long event as opposed to one attack
  • Options
    I think something is wrong about the Join button. I have definitely visited the GAC screen and seen the Join button and checked feat etc but didn’t click the join button. I setup alarm to join GAC later when I expect to relic up a key toon. But when I woke up this morning, I see “Enter” not “Join” anymore. It is not big deal as the match making will be based on the time it locks, and I don’t swap mods like many others so my normal mods are on. But it still feel weird that I “joined” GAC when I don’t remember even accidentally joining. It is as if I clicked it while sleeping walking. :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Top_Quark wrote: »
    sloweagle wrote: »
    I think something is wrong about the Join button. I have definitely visited the GAC screen and seen the Join button and checked feat etc but didn’t click the join button. I setup alarm to join GAC later when I expect to relic up a key toon. But when I woke up this morning, I see “Enter” not “Join” anymore. It is not big deal as the match making will be based on the time it locks, and I don’t swap mods like many others so my normal mods are on. But it still feel weird that I “joined” GAC when I don’t remember even accidentally joining. It is as if I clicked it while sleeping walking. :)

Same. And I had modding/gearing to do if this didn't happen. I purposefully didn't click join because I wanted to do this. It's not a game breaker, but still very much a bug.

I have been in and out of that screen, feats, and leader boards and remodding to make sure I can do better on the feats and still have the join button. Are you sure you didnt click it at some point??
  • Options
    KalHorn wrote: »

Although we are ultimately responsible for our actions, those actions can be conditioned and these button presses are highly conditioned responses. When the Bronzium was moved to the front of the store they recognized the problem of this conditioning and refunded people that instinctively performed an automatic motor pattern and accidentally purchased cards at the far right in the store. They recognized accidental button presses/lag issues leading to crippling mixed auto filled squads in TW so they eliminated the autopopulating from the top of your roster.
    The current GA roster lock is bad design and worse then the TW auto populate issues because
    1) it isn’t clear in game (I read the forums and knew not to lock but plenty don’t and shouldn’t have to play the game).

Still a victim's mentality. Let's all put on our big boy panties and own up to our actions and stop blaming others. Plenty of people were informed and read the forums and knew that rosters were locked upon joining.
  • Options
    Still a victim's mentality. Let's all put on our big boy panties and own up to our actions and stop blaming others. Plenty of people were informed and read the forums and knew that rosters were locked upon joining.
    What about rosters locked upon bugged joining as described above? Victim’s mentality as well?
  • Options
    Bartek wrote: »
    What about rosters locked upon bugged joining as described above? Victim’s mentality as well?

You're assuming it's a bug. I highly doubt it.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Where is the space for doubt here? Have you red the whole thread?
  • Options
    Where is the space for doubt here? Have you red the whole thread?

Have you? You'd see enough of my comments to know i have.
  • Options
    There is an obvious bug with autojoining players and you speak of victim’s mentality. Ok.
  • Options
    There is an obvious bug with autojoining players and you speak of victim’s mentality. Ok.

I never used that phrase. But nevertheless there is literally 0 evidence of an autojoin bug other than one person who doesn't remember joining, but probably did.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Technically "lock" can mean multiple things, one of which is that you can no longer join once the timer expires and the game mode locks you out.

Lol - stop being pedantic. In this game (and in this game mode...up until now) it has typically meant one thing.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I never used that phrase. But nevertheless there is literally 0 evidence of an autojoin bug other than one person who doesn't remember joining, but probably did.
    What evidence would satisfy you? 24h screen recording? Or any other way to proove this? It doesn’t really matter if you belive it or not. Fact is that game autojoined me and i wasn’t the only one. That’s a major bug and since it’s hard to proove - devs will do nothing about this of course.
  • Options

This makes no sense at all. Like zero. People need to take responsibility for CG changing when rosters lock? Seriously?
  • Options
    KalHorn wrote: »

Dude that is nonsense. You need to shove your right-wing talking points where the sun don't shine.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    I see this thread is going well.
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Lol - stop being pedantic. In this game (and in this game mode...up until now) it has typically meant one thing.

But you're the one who used the word "technically."
  • Options

This makes no sense at all. Like zero. People need to take responsibility for CG changing when rosters lock? Seriously?

They published that a change was happening in order to fix other issues. It's the users responsibility to know the rules and what it means when you click join.

Just because you don't know something is a law and you break said law doesn't mean it's someone else's fault or that you don't have to suffer the consequences for your own actions.
  • Options

To me it does work as intended since the timer is counting down how long you have to push the button to join and lock your roster. If you wanted just wait until the end of the timer and lock your roster then. It's not rocket science.
  • Options

They published that a change was happening in order to fix other issues. It's the users responsibility to know the rules and what it means when you click join.

Just because you don't know something is a law and you break said law doesn't mean it's someone else's fault or that you don't have to suffer the consequences for your own actions.

That is a false equivalency. It's like comparing apples and donkeys.

The join has been the same way for over 10 months. This is the second time the for new way. You said you were happy that is was changed, so people can take responsibility. You are happy that people are being disadvantaged by this and that is just being a hater. A miserable person takes joy in others misfortunes.
  • Options
    What evidence would satisfy you? 24h screen recording? Or any other way to proove this? It doesn’t really matter if you belive it or not. Fact is that game autojoined me and i wasn’t the only one. That’s a major bug and since it’s hard to proove - devs will do nothing about this of course.

It's way more likely you joined without realizing it.

If you do happen to have found some rare bug, then yes it should fixed and it would not be your fault. And to answer your question from earlier, no, it would not fall under the "victim mentality" we were discussing earlier. That was in reference to people not taking responsibility for pushing the button out of habit.
  • Options

That is a false equivalency. It's like comparing apples and donkeys.

The join has been the same way for over 10 months. This is the second time the for new way. You said you were happy that is was changed, so people can take responsibility. You are happy that people are being disadvantaged by this and that is just being a hater. A miserable person takes joy in others misfortunes.

No I feel that people need to be responsible for their actions. I shouldn't be subjected to rules or restrictions just because people don't take ownership and just blame others for their own misfortunes.
  • Options
    An no that is a fair comparison. Sorry you can't see that.
  • Options

If you do happen to have found some rare bug, then yes it should fixed and it would not be your fault. And to answer your question from earlier, no, it would not fall under the "victim mentality" we were discussing earlier. That was in reference to people not taking responsibility for pushing the button out of habit.

Let me put you though what happen. My guildmate posted on discord that he had to be moonwalking, because he would swear he did not join GAC - yet he is already in. What i did was check my situation and took a screenshot. Few hours later other guildmate reported the same problem. At this time i was starting to think something may be wrong as both mates are officers with pro attitude towards the game. I enter the GAC lobby and i saw Enter button instead of Join. End of story.

I'm accustomed to join in the last hour or two, because of mods and possible roster upgrades. So i pay careful attention if i join or not. And I DID NOT join GAC. Yet the game join me instead. And i wasn't the only one. I know 3 instances of that - all of us, officers are active and aware of the mechanics of the game. Other officers checked this with us and had no problem.
    This is a major bug, since you cannot leave GAC to re-snapshot yourself. In this conditions i have lost ability do decide when to join. Very not ok.
  • Options

Let me put you though what happen. My guildmate posted on discord that he had to be moonwalking, because he would swear he did not join GAC - yet he is already in. What i did was check my situation and took a screenshot. Few hours later other guildmate reported the same problem. At this time i was starting to think something may be wrong as both mates are officers with pro attitude towards the game. I enter the GAC lobby and i saw Enter button instead of Join. End of story.

I'm accustomed to join in the last hour or two, because of mods and possible roster upgrades. So i pay careful attention if i join or not. And I DID NOT join GAC. Yet the game join me instead. And i wasn't the only one. I know 3 instances of that - all of us, officers are active and aware of the mechanics of the game. Other officers checked this with us and had no problem.
    This is a major bug, since you cannot leave GAC to re-snapshot yourself. In this conditions i have lost ability do decide when to join. Very not ok.

If that's true, it's just very surprising there isn't a lot more ppl reporting it.

But again, it's a seperate issue and if it is the case I'm certainly not blaming you or anyone else to whom it has happened.