This is ridiculous, totally forgot. :/

13Next

Replies

• Options
    DadKev wrote: »
    An no that is a fair comparison. Sorry you can't see that.

That you would equate breaking the law with someone venting about the change in the way you sign up for a tournament on a mobile game says everything you need to know about your warped thinking
  • Options
    An no that is a fair comparison. Sorry you can't see that.

That you would equate breaking the law with someone venting about the change in the way you sign up for a tournament on a mobile game says everything you need to know about your warped thinking

It's all about action, responsibilities, and consequences. Not sure what is warped about that.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    If that's true, it's just very surprising there isn't a lot more ppl reporting it.

But again, it's a seperate issue and if it is the case I'm certainly not blaming you or anyone else to whom it has happened.

It’s kinda unique bug. If i was alone with this i would tell myself that i wasn’t paying attention and join accidentaly. Would be hard to belive otherwise. And i suppose majority of players experiencing this will come up with the same doubt. But no, not this time. I was waiting for join after upgrading some 501st. Also i wasn’t alone with this. Cannot be that rare.
    But no worries.. devs won’t bother to investigate the bug that is affecting small part of the gamers:|
  • Options
    Bartek wrote: »
    If that's true, it's just very surprising there isn't a lot more ppl reporting it.

But again, it's a seperate issue and if it is the case I'm certainly not blaming you or anyone else to whom it has happened.

It’s kinda unique bug. If i was alone with this i would tell myself that i wasn’t paying attention and join accidentaly. Would be hard to belive otherwise. And i suppose majority of players experiencing this will come up with the same doubt. But no, not this time. I was waiting for join after upgrading some 501st. Also i wasn’t alone with this. Cannot be that rare.
    But no worries.. devs won’t bother to investigate the bug that is affecting small part of the gamers:|

Naturally that's what I assumed as well. I guess report it and hope for the best.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Can we please stop arguing that they dont need to change the in game message to match the changes they made. Sure you can read that "player lock in " in many different ways, but as a UX experience you should never change the function of something and not the title.

Also, it functioned one way and now it doesnt..... pretty sure that means that trying to now say it means something else is just silly.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Bartek wrote: »

Or much like the "I didnt join "bug"", they will investigate and never find a case where the state of the persons account was not linked to an action taken (or not) by them.

Let's not put it out there as " they dont investigate X". If you report it, it is looked in to, plain and simple. Go ahead and give it a try.
  • Options
    I am glad the join works as is. People need to take responsibility for their own actions.

This makes no sense at all. Like zero. People need to take responsibility for CG changing when rosters lock? Seriously?

They published that a change was happening in order to fix other issues. It's the users responsibility to know the rules and what it means when you click join.

Just because you don't know something is a law and you break said law doesn't mean it's someone else's fault or that you don't have to suffer the consequences for your own actions.

That is a false equivalency. It's like comparing apples and donkeys.

The join has been the same way for over 10 months. This is the second time the for new way. You said you were happy that is was changed, so people can take responsibility. You are happy that people are being disadvantaged by this and that is just being a hater. A miserable person takes joy in others misfortunes.

No I feel that people need to be responsible for their actions. I shouldn't be subjected to rules or restrictions just because people don't take ownership and just blame others for their own misfortunes.

I just rear-ended the lady in front of me because I was reading what you posted. I feel like it's your fault can you DM me your insurance info theres a lot of damage.
  • Options
    I am glad the join works as is. People need to take responsibility for their own actions.

This makes no sense at all. Like zero. People need to take responsibility for CG changing when rosters lock? Seriously?

They published that a change was happening in order to fix other issues. It's the users responsibility to know the rules and what it means when you click join.

Just because you don't know something is a law and you break said law doesn't mean it's someone else's fault or that you don't have to suffer the consequences for your own actions.

That is a false equivalency. It's like comparing apples and donkeys.

The join has been the same way for over 10 months. This is the second time the for new way. You said you were happy that is was changed, so people can take responsibility. You are happy that people are being disadvantaged by this and that is just being a hater. A miserable person takes joy in others misfortunes.

No I feel that people need to be responsible for their actions. I shouldn't be subjected to rules or restrictions just because people don't take ownership and just blame others for their own misfortunes.

I just rear-ended the lady in front of me because I was reading what you posted. I feel like it's your fault can you DM me your insurance info theres a lot of damage.

Sure right after you provide your bank account number. I will send it right over.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I am glad the join works as is.
    Ummmm.....it doesn't technically work "as is", as the "countdown to lock" timer isn't really that at all. So it technically works "as updated on the forums - which is contrary to as it appears in-game."

To me it does work as intended since the timer is counting down how long you have to push the button to join and lock your roster. If you wanted just wait until the end of the timer and lock your roster then. It's not rocket science.

Except that's never how it worked before.
    I understand how it works now. I made my roster adjustments before joining. That doesn't mean that the change is a good (or user-friendly) one. The previous method was far better. I'm not sure why you seem so insistent on supporting the inferior roster lock method.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options
    But this new “feature” of roster locking on join is nothing short of an atrocity.

You and I have a different understanding of that word.
  • Monel
    2789 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ummmm.....it doesn't technically work "as is", as the "countdown to lock" timer isn't really that at all. So it technically works "as updated on the forums - which is contrary to as it appears in-game."

Technically "lock" can mean multiple things, one of which is that you can no longer join once the timer expires and the game mode locks you out.

Lol - stop being pedantic. In this game (and in this game mode...up until now) it has typically meant one thing.

But you're the one who used the word "technically."

Also the word "typically" which means not always which means he was wrong and you were right.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

To me it does work as intended since the timer is counting down how long you have to push the button to join and lock your roster. If you wanted just wait until the end of the timer and lock your roster then. It's not rocket science.

Except that's never how it worked before.
    I understand how it works now. I made my roster adjustments before joining. That doesn't mean that the change is a good (or user-friendly) one. The previous method was far better. I'm not sure why you seem so insistent on supporting the inferior roster lock method.

There are some that have asked for something like this due to the timing. There are players where the lock is in the middle of the night for them and they dont always want to leave the GA mod setup over night as it can effect arenas.

I also prefer the old method, but I wouldnt call this one inferior, as there are some benefits.
  • Options
    Yeah- my characters are usually not in ideal GAC mode- but I prefer the current situation over allowing an exploit which was becoming increasingly popular (as the knowledge spread).
    Some players will have more schedule flexibility and make a lot of changes prior to joining last minute- a lot won’t. I won’t...and I hope a lot of my competitors don’t either. If they put more work in (and maybe less work into their actual jobs!) the. They deserve to have an edge over me.
    A pop up would be a nice addition- but it didn’t stop me from buying 8 Mission Vao shards yesterday for 640 crystals. #facepalm
  • Options
    I might be a singular voice in the void here, but I quite like having a tangible lock in. I don't have to worry about what mods are where when they lock my roster and such. I set things the way that I want them, and then I hit "join".

What they SHOULD do is give you a confirm message, "Once you join, your roster will be locked as-is until the end of the week's bracket. Proceed?"
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    The join period was buggy in a way that hurt players more often than it helped.

People would move mods to lock then move them back and then it would lock again after the join period was over negating their preparation.

I'm sure there were some people who discovered the specifics to gain a minor farming advantage, but most people affected were disadvantaged by the previous system.

This is not an ideal solution, but at least it is consistent.
  • Options
    GAS is garbage. He needs to be “relic 7” only to be good. Any toon is good anyway at relic 7
    And then he gets annihilated by rebel or padme squad
  • TVF
    36766 posts Member
    Options
    GAS is garbage. He needs to be “relic 7” only to be good. Any toon is good anyway at relic 7
    And then he gets annihilated by rebel or padme squad

Wrong thread.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    The join period was buggy in a way that hurt players more often than it helped.

People would move mods to lock then move them back and then it would lock again after the join period was over negating their preparation.

I'm sure there were some people who discovered the specifics to gain a minor farming advantage, but most people affected were disadvantaged by the previous system.

This is not an ideal solution, but at least it is consistent.

Overall this is a very minor issue, but I do think it highlights two problems that continue to occur over and over again.

1) CG provided no in game notification of the change, which just made the issue worse. It was hidden in an announcement most people didn’t know to look for.

2) CG couldn’t fix a bug to get things to work properly, so they just said screw it and did something else instead. The fundamental code in this game is just atrocious. A perfect example for those of you who have been playing since the Pit raid is the Teebo bug. They worked on a fix for a year and couldn’t get it done. So they finally just coded in a workaround, and that workaround has now resulted in GeoSpy not working correctly all these years later.
  • Options
    there has been so many band aids on this game over the past few years, and when one falls off they just get another one to patch it and its a big snowball effect and the hole is getting too big to patch up or to even bring it back to normal.