Platoon requirments

gamersthing
7 posts Member
edited November 2019
Hey @CG. So we can safetly assume that you always meant this " https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/198011/territory-battles-platoon-changes#latest " only for Hoth even though back then Hoth was the only TB that the players knew off?

Just u know... asking for a friend :wink:

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    The GeoTB platoons won't include characters released after its launch either. That's the point of the static platoons.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Hey @CG. So we can safetly assume that you always meant this " https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/198011/territory-battles-platoon-changes#latest " only for Hoth even though back then Hoth was the only TB that the players knew off?

Well it did specifically call out by name those two TBs. And yes, they were the only two. I would think that does comments were not meant for the future and only what it specifically talked about.

That being said, I hope platoons wont include future character realses. Pretty sure they wont as well, since they did tell us exactly who will be needed when and where. But hey, that's they joy, gotta wait and see.
  • Options

What are you asking about? The post clearly states it is in regards to the Hoth TBs, and there are multiple updates to platoons in there:
    1. No new toons
    2. No more random platoons
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    My point is that as those where the only TBs one could have easily assumed that that meant TB in general. New toons-ships in this case- are toons that are not yet farmable. And since Phase 1 requires 7 stars and like 6 Ywings+Hyenas neither of which are farmable and doubt will be farmable by December 2nd, its a big middle finger to everyone but the most dedicated krakens (know alot of whales who have bought and regret it, and so most the whales i know are refusing to buy). Even DS Geo tb hasnt made us platoon any brand new toons (malak had come a second time by the time ds tb dropped. Amd yet in phase 3 we are required to platoon 10 GAS's (and fine- thats phase 3. But requiring 7 star new things on phase one?). And yes it did say specifically Hoth but thats all we had at that point- so CG either forgot about this or purposefully blindsided the players.
  • Options
    I’m no apologist but calling this a blindside or a deception is really a stretch...
  • Options
    My point is that as those where the only TBs one could have easily assumed that that meant TB in general. New toons-ships in this case- are toons that are not yet farmable. And since Phase 1 requires 7 stars and like 6 Ywings+Hyenas neither of which are farmable and doubt will be farmable by December 2nd, its a big middle finger to everyone but the most dedicated krakens (know alot of whales who have bought and regret it, and so most the whales i know are refusing to buy). Even DS Geo tb hasnt made us platoon any brand new toons (malak had come a second time by the time ds tb dropped. Amd yet in phase 3 we are required to platoon 10 GAS's (and fine- thats phase 3. But requiring 7 star new things on phase one?). And yes it did say specifically Hoth but thats all we had at that point- so CG either forgot about this or purposefully blindsided the players.

You could assume that the post meant TB in general, or you could read it as posted and see that it only references the Hoth TBs.

This is wrong, Malak returned in August, DS TB launched in June (or July?)
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

You could assume that the post meant TB in general, or you could read it as posted and see that it only references the Hoth TBs.

This is wrong, Malak returned in August, DS TB launched in June (or July?)

Absolutely 100% correct, Malak had NOT returned when DS GeoTB dropped.

People complained about this so much during Hoth, even though the pattern was established for many months before they fixed the platoons as static.

Have to say I’m surprised to see the same complaint again. I thought the community had learned to live with it through the grinding tedious monotony first time around.