I can't reliably kill anything

Prev1
MasterSeedy
5045 posts Member
edited November 2019
So I can't reliably kill anything meta as soon as the meta squad has even one relic toon.

Can't kill Padme (had a little luck with relic Nest, but she gets toasted by Ahsoka and sometimes by Anakin)

Can't kill Grievous if IG-100 is present

Can't kill DR

I never developed my Traya, so I can't even kill Bugs if they're at relic, though I can handle them below that.

I don't just need counter-team lists. I obviously need walked through this stuff. There were a bunch of counter lists for Padme that included CLS (one author said it was "too easy") and THAT didn't work at all.

The worst part is that everyone that fights me gets through my DR and Padme and Bugs in one shot, like it's just easy.

Why is this so easy for everyone else and I obviously s*k?

SWGOH profile: https://swgoh.gg/p/452376595/characters/
Post edited by MasterSeedy on

Replies

• Options
    Your mods are probably bad.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    No, it's not my mods.

My mods are comparable to the people I'm facing. Somethings wrong with my strategies. Obviously they were good enough pre-relic but Relic has made passable strategies not good enough. I need better strategies but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
  • Options
    Guess we'd need to see your .gg profile and know what you're using for attack vs. defense, then. Hard to give advice just based on "I can't kill stuff."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    added profile to the OP.

You're right I should have done that from the first.
  • Options
    So I can't reliably kill anything meta as soon as the meta squad has even one relic toon.

Can't kill Padme (had a little luck with relic Nest, but she gets toasted by Ahsoka and sometimes by Anakin)

Can't kill DR

I never developed my Traya, so I can't even kill Bugs if they're at relic, though I can handle them below that.

I don't just need counter-team lists. I obviously need walked through this stuff. There were a bunch of counter lists for Padme that included CLS (one author said it was "too easy") and THAT didn't work at all.

The worst part is that everyone that fights me gets through my DR and Padme and Bugs in one shot, like it's just easy.

If you have a swgoh.gg account, people can look at your roster and perhaps give some mod or character advice. There's always room for improvement.

GG with ig100 and co. are indeed difficult. The way I usually beat them is by using my JKR team, but I use Bastila lead instead of JKR lead. I first do the aoe with JKR and give TM to Yoda, who can then spread foresight, which the B2 battle droid will then clear. Then i use JKR to mark B2 and I take it out. When that's gone, I just need to wait around before JKR can use his mark again on GG.

Anyway, I agree that it's frustrating when people say that something is an easy counter for something, and then you try it out and your team gets obliterated. Has happened to me several times as well.
  • Options
    I agree that it's frustrating when people say that something is an easy counter for something, and then you try it out and your team gets obliterated. Has happened to me several times as well.

It's this part that gets me. There's nice page that looks reliable, it has number of times a counter was tried against a particular enemy and how many of those attempts were successful. But on the list of Padme counters (right here: http://swgoh-ga5.online-server.info/index.php?id=padme_amidala&mode=summary) they clearly say CLS vs Padme is "too easy".

Obviously either they're lying or I'm missing something huge. That's what I'm here to find out.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Just at a glance your roster looks a bit on the "top-heavy" side. You've got a number of relatively high relics, which are greatly inflating your GP, but some of your key characters are chilling at G11: both Bastilas, Palpatine, and Darth Sion, for instance. Dark Bastila is an especially big weak spot; if your opponent can kill her quickly (very easy at G11) then they immediately drastically reduce your DR team's effectiveness.

You've also got a G12 double-zeta KRU, but the rest of your FO team is a bit unloved, particularly the Executioner who is your main damage dealer on that squad.

I'd work on rounding out your supporting cast a bit more and see if that doesn't make things a bit easier.

Regarding CLS, you might want to consider pushing Han and Chewie to G13; even if you don't relic them, they both get huge damage boosts just from their finisher.

As for Grievous, I usually just use my standard JKR team; I don't even do the Bastila lead swap. Typically I can survive the first AOE and then just Direct Focus Grievous and it's basically over.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Thanks, Jarvind.
  • Options
    No, it's not my mods.

My mods are comparable to the people I'm facing. Somethings wrong with my strategies. Obviously they were good enough pre-relic but Relic has made passable strategies not good enough. I need better strategies but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

You could very much be wrong about that. There are a lot of nuances with counter teams and modding. CLS team is often a very bad counter to a well-modded Padme team.
  • Options

Can't kill DR

Ig88 if slower and without a pretaunter should be a stick you kick down. If you can't 1 shot him you need to open with ability block or stun on him.
  • Options
    Your roster isn’t focused enough, take one squad and finish it of, right now you need to work on your DR squad and make sure they all g12 at least, g13 dr/bsf/Malak are needed to be top 50 arena, forget about other squads for the moment, you need a better cristal income, also work on those speed mods, your bsf only is +76 speed from mods. It’s not enough, focus all your best resource on your arena squad. Once you get crystal, life will get easier
  • Options
    You’re running yoda cheese in arena right? Make him faster, yoda need to be faster then your opponent bsf ideally faster then you opponent dr too
  • Options
    Basically your toons aren’t fast enough, it’s a mod problem
  • Options
    Johou43 wrote: »
    You’re running yoda cheese in arena right? Make him faster, yoda need to be faster then your opponent bsf ideally faster then you opponent dr too

GMY needs offense mods and lots of them, not speed. Offense arrow, cross, CD triangle. Make him hit hard. He generates enough TM.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Against geos:

If you gear up DN, you should be good. Traya trio with Thrawn can usually kill Reliced geos. Fracture and Isolate two different geos to reduce incoming damage significantly. Alternatively Talzin lead Nightsisters could work as well.

Against Padme:

You seem to have a strong Padme team yourself. Why don't you use it? Manual play is stronger than AI. Once you kill JKA the team falls apart. (you might want to check turn order and mods).

Against DR:
    It's all about speed in a mirror match. If your team is hit by corrupted battle meditation, it will be an up-hill battle. If you Bastilla is faster than the enemy Bastilla, she can prevent it. A 210 speed Bastilla is by far too slow. Also, since your DR is pretty slow, you will need a pre-taunter (Sith Trooper or GBA).

Against JKR:

If using a mirror team, having a fast JKR is key to delay the enemy JKR's mark. Your 299 speed JKR is good. Mark the enemy JKR. Trigger Savior. Then go for Jolee. When attacking Jolee, be aware that he has bonus crit avoidance, so GK's taunt doesn't trigger easily, if you use single-target attacks.
  • Options

GMY needs offense mods and lots of them, not speed. Offense arrow, cross, CD triangle. Make him hit hard. He generates enough TM.

You’re wrong if he’s used in the dr squad it’s not for hitting hard but but for putting tenacity up on your toons so dr and especially bsf doesn’t put f’ck tons of debuff on you
  • Options
    I have 4 g13 all F2P.

Just G13 important chars.

Aka, DR, JKA, BSF, Malak, GG
  • Options
    Neither of you are right or wrong about GMY. He needs lots of speed, offense, CC, and CD. Which being higher is a matter of what mods you have to work with. If you got set that gets your GMY > 270 speed. Use that, period. My CLS team can beat a lot of defending DR/Malak teams now because:
    Han shoots 1st
    The team hits hard enough to kill Badstilla 60% of the time before spreading her evil juju

That's my strategy. Get your strategy working, period. Here is my GMY. He is in my 3-6 best team, so not much love. I zeta'd his battle med this week after 3 years, lol
    https://swgoh.gg/p/335998188/characters/grand-master-yoda
    If he were my arena though he would look wayyyyyy better
  • Options
    I agree that it's frustrating when people say that something is an easy counter for something, and then you try it out and your team gets obliterated. Has happened to me several times as well.

It's this part that gets me. There's nice page that looks reliable, it has number of times a counter was tried against a particular enemy and how many of those attempts were successful. But on the list of Padme counters (right here: http://swgoh-ga5.online-server.info/index.php?id=padme_amidala&mode=summary) they clearly say CLS vs Padme is "too easy".

Obviously either they're lying or I'm missing something huge. That's what I'm here to find out.

No reason to assume that anyone is lying. The website seems to consist of people submitting their results of various counters, and you need to be aware of the limitations of such a site. One person had noted that he found it easy, and two others had success with the same team. The person who found it easy had been fighting a Padme team with Mace and R2, and no GK, so hardly the most difficult line-up. Perhaps they also had high relic levels and arena mods on their rebels, so you can't really assume that the same will work for you. If you scroll down, you can see that most CLS teams fail against Padme. I like the idea of that website, but it needs more data, and you need to take it with a grain of salt.
  • Options
    Neither of you are right or wrong about GMY. He needs lots of speed, offense, CC, and CD. Which being higher is a matter of what mods you have to work with. If you got set that gets your GMY > 270 speed. Use that, period. My CLS team can beat a lot of defending DR/Malak teams now because:
    Han shoots 1st
    The team hits hard enough to kill Badstilla 60% of the time before spreading her evil juju

That's my strategy. Get your strategy working, period. Here is my GMY. He is in my 3-6 best team, so not much love. I zeta'd his battle med this week after 3 years, lol

270 speed for gmy? How can he put tenacity up on your squad before bsf and dr put tons of debuff on your squad with that kinda of speed? By bsf is slow for my shard and it’s at 304 speed, it would eat up a slower dr squad with a slower yoda, it doesn’t make sense to use yoda in dr squad if yoda isn’t faster then your oponent dr/bsf.
  • Options
    Han shoots 1st

270 speed for gmy? How can he put tenacity up on your squad before bsf and dr put tons of debuff on your squad with that kinda of speed? By bsf is slow for my shard and it’s at 304 speed, it would eat up a slower dr squad with a slower yoda, it doesn’t make sense to use yoda in dr squad if yoda isn’t faster then your oponent dr/bsf.

In my shards all too dr squad with yoda are all 320+ speed. 270 is a joke
  • Options
    @plindboe and @MasterSeedy
    Here are the screenshots of the counter bot most of us use on discord. No CLS mentioned. I can assure you my CLS R2 C3 Chew Han fails consistently against high relic well-modded for the same reason everyone thought Geos would fail the Padme event but more accurately for the reason this team cannot beat high tenacity Nest. The protection up is just too much. Kinda funny I'm taking more top100 DR/Malak teams than Padme.
    rxd5zm22udbm.pngq4g7ikuduuub.png
    y8qn8nipf5c2.png

• Options
    I noticed many of the same things others did. You are missing gear/relics/optimal mod on some of the most important characters. I also noticed your JKA (who is relic 4) is modded completely wrong.

If you face any relic characters then you should assume you will lose nearly every match where you use a g11. They are high schoolers playing against professional all stars. It’s a massive power gap.

The top things I would fix ASAP are:

1. Relic Fallen Bastila and give her one of your fastest speed sets.

2. Relic Darth Revan and speed him way up.

3. Put a protection primary triangle on Malak. It’s 4 times more effective than the 5 dot health primary he has even if it slows him a little. I see you put really high speed on him, but it’s not important he be fastest. Dark Bastila might benefit from some of his mods.

4. Take Hk-47 to at least g12 and consider taking Sith Trooper there too.

5. Put either a crit damage set or an offense set on JKA. Also he needs a crit damage triangle.

6. Put 3 health primary mods at 6 dots on your General Kenobi in place of the three protection primaries he has now. With Padmé his health is much more effective since the bonus protection is actually based off of his health.

7. Get Ahsoka Tano to g12.

8. Get Padmé, GK, and Ahsoka to g13/Relic ASAP.

Once you get that done start working out from there to build more top teams to g12-relic level.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. There's good stuff here. BTW, @plindboe I wasn't actually assuming people were lying. I was assuming i was missing important strategy information. That's why I came here. The "lying" bit was supposed to be ironic understatement.

As for bringing toons to Relic, obviously I need to do that and I'm working on them, one at a time, but it takes a while (obvs) and I assume that as I relic more toons, my opponents will as well. That makes just adding gear something that's necessary, but not really a solution. So I appreciate feedback on which characters I need to work on next (I really do, thank you all), but I especially appreciate advice I can take right now. Again, thanks for both types of info. Y'all are great.
  • Options

Can't kill DR

I could handle G13 bugs with a 5 star trea. I used Sion, Nihlus and trea. In fact, Nihlus just got to G12 so I was using an under geared toon as well. I use a pre taunt character as well, sith trooper and often, Savage Opress. Sometimes I slip in Shore trooper and have 2 pre taunts. It almost never fails.

As far as Padme teams... you need to look to see if the team you are facing has 1/ C3P0 and 2. If it has a Zeta on Kenobi.

Ironically, Trea is a good character to use to take Kenobi's zeta taunt out of the equation. Yes, I am saying you can use 1 team for 2 differnt battles. You will have to decide which is more favorable to match up.

If you are trying to take G12 teams against G13 you will lose more often than not. The jump in stats is pretty big. So try to match up accordingly.

In this weird phase of arena and GA, where relic power comes into play so big, you can literally overpower teams regardless of faction as long as you trump their power by a lot. If your characters are at G12, and they're using G13. That would be a huge factor in how easily they are beating your teams.

• Options
    @JacenRoe

How would you mod JKA?
  • Options
    @JacenRoe

How would you mod JKA?

That was number 5 on my list. If you want more details...

I like a 4 piece crit damage set, and a 2 piece crit chance set. The triangle primary should be 6 dot crit damage. The square, arrow and cross should be 6 dot offense primaries. Any mod that has offense % as primary can’t have offense % secondary, but it can have flat offense so look for those. The triangle, circle and diamond should have very high offense % secondaries. His circle should be 6 dot health primary. Speed is nice but less important than lots of offense.

You can make a case for an offense set, but he should be criting so close to 100% of the time that I prefer the crit damage set. Also you can argue that potency is useful on the cross, but I like him maxed out for pure damage.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    @JacenRoe

How would you mod JKA?

That was number 5 on my list. If you want more details...

I like a 4 piece crit damage set, and a 2 piece crit chance set. The triangle primary should be 6 dot crit damage. The square, arrow and cross should be 6 dot offense primaries. Any mod that has offense % as primary can’t have offense % secondary, but it can have flat offense so look for those. The triangle, circle and diamond should have very high offense % secondaries. His circle should be 6 dot health primary. Speed is nice but less important than lots of offense.

You can make a case for an offense set, but he should be criting so close to 100% of the time that I prefer the crit damage set. Also you can argue that potency is useful on the cross, but I like him maxed out for pure damage.

I go all in tenacity on JKA