No Black Friday deals?

Replies

• Options
    Kluge wrote: »
    They reduced the drop rates for ARC trooper. That isn't enough?

Data please.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Anyone arguing against the effectiveness of Black Friday sales either 1.) doesn’t understand economics or business 2.) is a CG stooge.

It’s hilarious to me CG missed the boat on sales.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Data please.

Yeah. I'm never one to play CG advocate, but if anything, the drop rate has increased steadily since he was made farmable, at least for me
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    SkylarSong wrote: »

Data please.

Yeah. I'm never one to play CG advocate, but if anything, the drop rate has increased steadily since he was made farmable, at least for me

Data please.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    SkylarSong wrote: »

Data please.

Data please.

I mean, I don't have any. That's why I specified "for me at least". I just know the first 2 days I got about 10 total from 6 refreshes, but I'm now at 26 having only done 2 refreshes.
  • Options
    Anyone arguing against the effectiveness of Black Friday sales either 1.) doesn’t understand economics or business 2.) is a CG stooge.

They had sales last week. They can’t have sales all the time. Black Friday is not a global thing, the 4 year anniversary of the game is.

Anyone arguing that they should have Black Friday sales less than a week after their previous sale doesn’t understand economics or business.
  • Options
    You can have a sale everyday if needed. This is all digital content and it holds no real value. Just like everything in life, something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay. As long as people drop serious money on this game packs will aparently stay at an absurdly high price but that is my opinion of their value.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    MaxiPriest wrote: »
    Arc trooper is pretty special, comes with one free turret with every purchase

With every 2 purchase*
  • Options
    W have black fraud deals everyday and you still want some more OP? :D
  • Options
    Stick wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    This game is one of the few games that ignore Black Friday / **** Monday. Marvel Contest of Champions goes nuts on these occasions, most mobile games do.

CG can't even discount the vault of crystals, they only discount the smaller packs.

They had a deal last weekend - wasn't that enough?

Perhaps you're not a business minded person, but generating revenue without sacrificing your long-term business is a continuous thing. Saying "we had a sale last week" is very naive and just a silly response. When there there is opportunity, you capitalize on it.

Thanks for calling me silly. My point was that clamouring for a deal when there was one <7 days ago is odd. Couldn't the OP just have bought the crystals last week, when he'd have got more for his money in terms of double drops etc as well?

I'll be sure to keep up your own standard of response in the future, like this gem:
    This is not true. Originally 2 was the default. This was changed to 1 for all TBs going forward after both Hoth TBs were already released regardless of the frequency.

Hindsight is always 20/20. The point is CG missed an opportunity to capitalize off consumers interested in spending.

Every once in a while I make a mistake. Clearly someone is salty to go off-topic, lol.

You’d have to know specific figures to claim what you’re claiming Mr. business man.
    Specifically , how many people spend on the average day
    Then know how much of that is profit
    Then know how much profit would get eaten up with discounted prices
    Then know how many people outside of the states give a crap about your missed opportunity to spend money - because it’s likely only something that would work in the states
    If you knew all of that , then you might be able to justify a Black Friday sale.

If you made 100 bucks on the average day
    30% was profit
    And a discount of 50% on items was proven to bring in 25% more business, would you do it ?
    You need something to base the decision on other than Americans desire to spend money on a non holiday

t4ncl1gm1dqr.jpg
    I guess if you can’t express your counter arguments in words a picture will work.

A picture is a thousand words.

1000x more if it includes a baby yoda meme ;p
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options

Again , there’s no way to be sure of this. There is far too many unknowns.
    Having a sale does not guarantee you will make more money than you would without a sale.
    Explain to me with your profound understanding of economics how selling an item for less money & reducing your profit margin guarantees you to make more money.
  • Options

Having a sale does not guarantee you will make more money than you would without a sale.
    Explain to me with your profound understanding of economics how selling an item for less money & reducing your profit margin guarantees you to make more money.

https://www.pixlee.com/blog/10-stats-from-black-friday-and-****-monday/

BF is America’s (and expanding to other places too) largest annual sales event. Not partaking In what every major US retailer and e-retailer admits is their single best bet for maintaining annual profitability is simply a missed opportunity for CG under any measure. It also disenfranchises the community who were ready to spend, but seeing we had no options, spent our money elsewhere. Further, having a “sale” does not cut into profits on digital goods that can be exponentially reproduced for free. Finally, having a “sale”, even if not a good one, is all you need to entice some people to buy. The APP and servers are running, these costs are fixed. Sales are variable. So when BF hits and I want to burn $100, I and others look for the best place to spend it and maximize value. If CG has no deals, we immediately look elsewhere. That is how CG loses profit opportunity for not having a sale....
  • Options
    Many of the so-called "Black Friday deals" are a fraud anyway - showing overpriced "original" prices that were never true, to make the "new" price look better and such things... one needs to be very considerate to distinguish between those, and the real good offers. To me it's a good thing when a Star Wars game doesn't jump on the train, but instead offers deals on Star Wars related days. As someone mentioned before, there were crystal offers for the anniversary of the game, and I would love them to make another deal for Life Day in december.
    From a customer's perspective, I have to admit that it works that they don't offer crystal discounts too often. The last offer some days ago, I wasn't urgently in need for crystals, nevertheless I bought the 25% and 40% box deal, knowing that such a deal wouldn't come back so soon.
  • Options
    Well im glad it already got mentioned, cause I was gonna make a joke about all those poor cg employees that would have had to be stuck at the digital star wars toy factory over the holiday to meet the supply demand if theyd have had a sale.

So heres the funny thing, selling a stun gun or some salvage doesnt cost anything for them (or shouldnt? Like maybe these examples cost in art assets but youd need to make signs and flyers for a sale anyway and you gotta pay the guy who codes it but youd need to pay the stock guys, sales people, and cashiers in a brick and morter) so wether we pay 1$ or 30$ for a stun gun it should all be profit. I dont believe theres any material cost per clone wars chewbacca shard either. So uh like id feel comfortable saying theyd have had net gains or at least an average days revenue if theyd have had some sales, and im not evening talking juicey sales. Just some sort of offering.

Personally I think black friday is the temporal personification of fat selfish American greed, and im American. I think its wrong to seperate families on a day we are supposed to show our gratitude to one another so that other people can buy tvs and carts full of things they dont need. But thats America baby! But .... CG is in America, they know what the day is about. They choose not to compete with litterally everyone else nationwide. They let so many dollars go to other mobile games and especially Amazon (go ahead rest of the world tell me you don't like Amazon on Black Firday)

Tl:Dr
    Its dumb as an American company to loose sales on Black Friday. You can use whatever arguement you want, its still dumb to loose sales on Black Friday. Add it to the pile of "lul dumb move cg".
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    At the end of the day this company doesn’t know how to make good packs and have great sales.

Who cares. People who get upset over not being able to get things for a discount are cheap, or entitled. If the regular price is too much , then don’t spend because you can’t afford it. Not because companies aren’t doing their part of helping you get things cheaply

You don't get it. Some people can afford it but are not willing to spend because it's too expensive. Some discount, or better deals in packs, would attract all those people.
  • Options
    Eutus wrote: »
    Well im glad it already got mentioned, cause I was gonna make a joke about all those poor cg employees that would have had to be stuck at the digital star wars toy factory over the holiday to meet the supply demand if theyd have had a sale.

So heres the funny thing, selling a stun gun or some salvage doesnt cost anything for them (or shouldnt? Like maybe these examples cost in art assets but youd need to make signs and flyers for a sale anyway and you gotta pay the guy who codes it but youd need to pay the stock guys, sales people, and cashiers in a brick and morter) so wether we pay 1$ or 30$ for a stun gun it should all be profit. I dont believe theres any material cost per clone wars chewbacca shard either. So uh like id feel comfortable saying theyd have had net gains or at least an average days revenue if theyd have had some sales, and im not evening talking juicey sales. Just some sort of offering.

Personally I think black friday is the temporal personification of fat selfish American greed, and im American. I think its wrong to seperate families on a day we are supposed to show our gratitude to one another so that other people can buy tvs and carts full of things they dont need. But thats America baby! But .... CG is in America, they know what the day is about. They choose not to compete with litterally everyone else nationwide. They let so many dollars go to other mobile games and especially Amazon (go ahead rest of the world tell me you don't like Amazon on Black Firday)

Tl:Dr
    Its dumb as an American company to loose sales on Black Friday. You can use whatever arguement you want, its still dumb to loose sales on Black Friday. Add it to the pile of "lul dumb move cg".
    1) I don’t like Amazon on Black Friday
    2) they had offers less than a week ago
    3) it’s “lose” not “loose”
  • BrashSchwartz
    556 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Anyone want a **** truck?
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    This game is one of the few games that ignore Black Friday / **** Monday. Marvel Contest of Champions goes nuts on these occasions, most mobile games do.

CG can't even discount the vault of crystals, they only discount the smaller packs.

They had a deal last weekend - wasn't that enough?

Perhaps you're not a business minded person, but generating revenue without sacrificing your long-term business is a continuous thing. Saying "we had a sale last week" is very naive and just a silly response. When there there is opportunity, you capitalize on it.

Thanks for calling me silly. My point was that clamouring for a deal when there was one <7 days ago is odd. Couldn't the OP just have bought the crystals last week, when he'd have got more for his money in terms of double drops etc as well?

I'll be sure to keep up your own standard of response in the future, like this gem:
    This is not true. Originally 2 was the default. This was changed to 1 for all TBs going forward after both Hoth TBs were already released regardless of the frequency.

Hindsight is always 20/20. The point is CG missed an opportunity to capitalize off consumers interested in spending.

Every once in a while I make a mistake. Clearly someone is salty to go off-topic, lol.

You’d have to know specific figures to claim what you’re claiming Mr. business man.
    Specifically , how many people spend on the average day
    Then know how much of that is profit
    Then know how much profit would get eaten up with discounted prices
    Then know how many people outside of the states give a crap about your missed opportunity to spend money - because it’s likely only something that would work in the states
    If you knew all of that , then you might be able to justify a Black Friday sale.

If you made 100 bucks on the average day
    30% was profit
    And a discount of 50% on items was proven to bring in 25% more business, would you do it ?
    You need something to base the decision on other than Americans desire to spend money on a non holiday

Out of curiosity, what % of the crystal prices do you think is profit?
    How much do you estimate the cost to produce, store and sell them is?

I’m also curious about your claim that people outside the US wouldn’t take advantage because they don’t care about Black Friday...
    Do you only buy things that are on sale when the sale is due to something you personally believe in?
    “Oh look, that iPad is on sale....ah nevermind, I don’t celebrate this holiday so I won’t buy it”.
  • Options
    wow guys you sure showed me. Speculation can be so convincing.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    At the end of the day this company doesn’t know how to make good packs and have great sales.

Who cares. People who get upset over not being able to get things for a discount are cheap, or entitled. If the regular price is too much , then don’t spend because you can’t afford it. Not because companies aren’t doing their part of helping you get things cheaply

You don't get it. Some people can afford it but are not willing to spend because it's too expensive. Some discount, or better deals in packs, would attract all those people.
    That means you can’t afford it.

No need to address the rest of what was said because it’s worthless without any figures. Can one of you at least show us numbers from a similar game that did do a Black Friday sale and how that worked out compared to a regular Friday sales ?

Im not going to buy that simply because it’s Black Friday it means all businesses have to have sales or they lose money. That’s simply not true. There is more to it than that
  • Options

You’re right there is no precedent for doing a sale on Black Friday. It’s not like thousands of businesses nationwide willingly participate on this day 🤷🏼‍♂️😂. Ask yourself why would thousands of businesses across the country participate in Black Friday if it wasn’t a proven success at increasing profit? 🤦‍♂️
  • Options

You’re right there is no precedent for doing a sale on Black Friday. It’s not like thousands of businesses nationwide willingly participate on this day 🤷🏼‍♂️😂. Ask yourself why would thousands of businesses across the country participate in Black Friday if it wasn’t a proven success at increasing profit? 🤦‍♂️

But did those thousands of businesses who took part in Black Friday sales also have a big sale less than a week before it?
  • Options

But did those thousands of businesses who took part in Black Friday sales also have a big sale less than a week before it?

Maybe? Does it really matter? Quit defending bad business decisions. Makes this player base look even less intelligent than what it already is.
  • Options

Maybe? Does it really matter? Quit defending bad business decisions. Makes this player base look even less intelligent than what it already is.

I would think running sales permanently would be a pretty bad business decision.

The player base is doing just fine without my help.
  • Options

I would think running sales permanently would be a pretty bad business decision.

The player base is doing just fine without my help.

Who said permanently? Most of us were just surprised they didn’t do a one day Black Friday sale like every other company in the United States.
  • Options

They had sales last week. They can’t have sales all the time. Black Friday is not a global thing, the 4 year anniversary of the game is.

Anyone arguing that they should have Black Friday sales less than a week after their previous sale doesn’t understand economics or business.

Car dealerships have employee pricing monthly sales every month.

Irrelevant I know, but still true...
  • Options

Car dealerships have employee pricing monthly sales every month.

Irrelevant I know, but still true...

Jupiter has 79 known moons.
  • Options
    If you spend money on this game be thankful as thats ur special. They bring you more packs and opportunities to give them wealth, the least you can do is feed the machine