No Black Friday deals?

Prev13
Anyone know if there will be / are any Black Friday deals? I was waiting and willing to waste some money... but I don't see anything special in the store... :(

Replies

• Options
    Arc trooper is pretty special, comes with one free turret with every purchase
  • Options
    November thanksgiving is only in the US and Christmas was rejected after that one long forgotten time ago in the star wars galaxy...
    So I don't foresee any sale
  • Options
    This game is one of the few games that ignore Black Friday / **** Monday. Marvel Contest of Champions goes nuts on these occasions, most mobile games do.

CG can't even discount the vault of crystals, they only discount the smaller packs.
  • Options
    And c y ber is a banned word, apparently. Because that makes sense.
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    This game is one of the few games that ignore Black Friday / **** Monday. Marvel Contest of Champions goes nuts on these occasions, most mobile games do.

CG can't even discount the vault of crystals, they only discount the smaller packs.

They had a deal last weekend - wasn't that enough?
  • Options

Honestly? No, not really. If you look at how other games operate, SWGOH is miles behind.
  • Options
    And c y ber is a banned word, apparently. Because that makes sense.

You’re either too old or too young to understand why it’s banned. Not knocking you, but a quick search will tell you why it is.
  • Options
    Deal..with it B)
  • Options
    Black Friday isn't a holiday....in any country. HTH.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    All your department stores offer discounted gift cards. So you want more deals on top of that for your holiday lol. Deal on deal please
  • Options

If the purpose of the company is to make money, then Black Friday deals are the way to go.

I have already outspent a months worth on Marvel Strike Force so far. The deals are amazing! 1000 cores and 5 orbs for $14.00!!!!!

Not to mention, the have $0.99 deals! 45 shards of a character for that?! It's awesome!!

This might be a game that you spend nothing on. I totally get that. But for people like me, this is shopping time. I have money to burn.

And that Arc trooper deal is BAD!!! It's really bad! I did the caculations on a very conservative scale. And you do better over time using the same amount on cantina refreshes for sure!

I'm already 42/80 and I've only done like 3 days of 3 refreshes. That just 900 crystals. versus the 4200 equive you could buy instead of that pack.
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »

Perhaps you're not a business minded person, but generating revenue without sacrificing your long-term business is a continuous thing. Saying "we had a sale last week" is very naive and just a silly response. When there there is opportunity, you capitalize on it.

Thanks for calling me silly. My point was that clamouring for a deal when there was one <7 days ago is odd. Couldn't the OP just have bought the crystals last week, when he'd have got more for his money in terms of double drops etc as well?

I'll be sure to keep up your own standard of response in the future, like this gem:
    This is not true. Originally 2 was the default. This was changed to 1 for all TBs going forward after both Hoth TBs were already released regardless of the frequency.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    I spent literally a fraction on this game than they could have gotten but these were not deals or even bargains. You could get what was offered any time of the year and that's a bad deal.
  • Options
    One reason I love Final Fantasy Record Keepers. They always have events going on around holidays, even a Black Friday event, and they are Japanese company.
  • Options
    Don't worry, we'll get Kyber Monday where everything is 25% more expensive.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options

Perhaps you're not a business minded person, but generating revenue without sacrificing your long-term business is a continuous thing. Saying "we had a sale last week" is very naive and just a silly response. When there there is opportunity, you capitalize on it.

Thanks for calling me silly. My point was that clamouring for a deal when there was one <7 days ago is odd. Couldn't the OP just have bought the crystals last week, when he'd have got more for his money in terms of double drops etc as well?

I'll be sure to keep up your own standard of response in the future, like this gem:
    This is not true. Originally 2 was the default. This was changed to 1 for all TBs going forward after both Hoth TBs were already released regardless of the frequency.

Hindsight is always 20/20. The point is CG missed an opportunity to capitalize off consumers interested in spending.

Every once in a while I make a mistake. Clearly someone is salty to go off-topic, lol.
    I guess the whole Black Friday thing passes me by, not being American and all.

We all make mistakes. To be fair you don’t make many.
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Don't worry, we'll get Kyber Monday where everything is 25% more expensive.

Can't wait!!!
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    So wait are they making too much money or not enough?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Hindsight is always 20/20. The point is CG missed an opportunity to capitalize off consumers interested in spending.

Every once in a while I make a mistake. Clearly someone is salty to go off-topic, lol.

You’d have to know specific figures to claim what you’re claiming Mr. business man.
    Specifically , how many people spend on the average day
    Then know how much of that is profit
    Then know how much profit would get eaten up with discounted prices
    Then know how many people outside of the states give a crap about your missed opportunity to spend money - because it’s likely only something that would work in the states
    If you knew all of that , then you might be able to justify a Black Friday sale.

If you made 100 bucks on the average day
    30% was profit
    And a discount of 50% on items was proven to bring in 25% more business, would you do it ?
    You need something to base the decision on other than Americans desire to spend money on a non holiday
  • Options
    At the end of the day this company doesn’t know how to make good packs and have great sales.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    At the end of the day this company doesn’t know how to make good packs and have great sales.

Who cares. People who get upset over not being able to get things for a discount are cheap, or entitled. If the regular price is too much , then don’t spend because you can’t afford it. Not because companies aren’t doing their part of helping you get things cheaply
  • Options
    Stick wrote: »

You’d have to know specific figures to claim what you’re claiming Mr. business man.
    Specifically , how many people spend on the average day
    Then know how much of that is profit
    Then know how much profit would get eaten up with discounted prices
    Then know how many people outside of the states give a crap about your missed opportunity to spend money - because it’s likely only something that would work in the states
    If you knew all of that , then you might be able to justify a Black Friday sale.

If you made 100 bucks on the average day
    30% was profit
    And a discount of 50% on items was proven to bring in 25% more business, would you do it ?
    You need something to base the decision on other than Americans desire to spend money on a non holiday

t4ncl1gm1dqr.jpg
    I guess if you can’t express your counter arguments in words a picture will work.