IPD and GG

When IPD self destruct as an ally, is GG supposed to have his bonus turn triggered and cooldowns reset?

It seems it is currently not giving a bonus turn but IS resetting the cool downs.

Replies

• Options
    d3jao852ns41.png
    myaiz549ah22.png

• Options
    Bottom image first, I had just used skittering horror on DR. IPD explodes on marauder killing marauder.

HK took next turn even though he was not full turn meter.

Top image shows skittering horror cooldown decreased.
  • Options
    why would you kill marauder over HK? im curious as to know why... im not saying its wrong or anything.

and i think their's a thing where only enemies killing droids/seps counts for Grievous's unique, so a sacrifice doesnt work
  • MasterShake2129
    43 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I did it specifically because marauder had higher tm.

His ability states whenever a Droid/sep is defeated.

IPD explode reads: IPD is defeated and blah blah blah
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    why would you kill marauder over HK? im curious as to know why... im not saying its wrong or anything.

I don't have anything to contribute to the actual discussion re:IPD and GG, but marauder can do enough damage with his throw to one-shot any character. He's always a top target for me. Perhaps not relevant for Nuke/DR matches, as there aren't quite as many debuffs as DR mirror matches, but I still wouldn't underestimate him.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    AFAIK it shouldn't give either. Not sure why GG is still getting the CD reset.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF, why shouldn't it give either? Based on the kit description it does not say an enemy needs to defeat the droid.
  • Options
    This has been brought up before. GG does actually get a bonus turn and CD reset from IPD after it detonates. The problem is that units (HK in this example) begin gaining TM naturally while IPD is slowly disappearing from the screen, but GG doesn't get a bonus turn until after IPD disappears.

Next time take a look at GG's TM during the enemy's turn after IPD detonate. It will jump to 100% TM during their turn.
  • Options
    Uhg now I gotta go into 1x speed ewwww. Ill update after more info. Kind of screws the Bonus Turn mechanic idea though, as bonus turn isn't a TM gain so to speak.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    TVF, why shouldn't it give either? Based on the kit description it does not say an enemy needs to defeat the droid.

"Should" as in I think it was confirmed that IPD blowing itself up does not count as a droid being defeated.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Karak_Tur wrote: »
    This has been brought up before. GG does actually get a bonus turn and CD reset from IPD after it detonates. The problem is that units (HK in this example) begin gaining TM naturally while IPD is slowly disappearing from the screen, but GG doesn't get a bonus turn until after IPD disappears.

Next time take a look at GG's TM during the enemy's turn after IPD detonate. It will jump to 100% TM during their turn.

not this
    TVF wrote: »

"Should" as in I think it was confirmed that IPD blowing itself up does not count as a droid being defeated.

this.

edit: I think. hmm
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    This was discussed in depth here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/210523/bug-grievous-doesnt-gain-a-bonus-turn-when-probe-dies

Whether or not it should is different that what is currently happening. Watch Ultra's video for example. Quick link: https://youtu.be/2ypcFYLAkww
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    I’ll just repost my explanation if you aren’t going to read the thread

63rldybg1d5k.png
  • Options
    Enemies don’t have to land the killing blow or even be responsible for it on a droid to trigger GG’s turn. Palp’s special, magnaguard’s bonus turn then dying (technically his unique that defeats him), and GG’s unique dropping B1 all trigger GG’s turn, among other abilities. With B1 though, if GG’s unique takes him out he doesn’t reset his cooldowns like the text suggests. Idk what the status of some of these weird “possible” bugs are, but if they’re WAI, they should adjust the text to match.
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Enemies don’t have to land the killing blow or even be responsible for it on a droid to trigger GG’s turn. Palp’s special, magnaguard’s bonus turn then dying (technically his unique that defeats him), and GG’s unique dropping B1 all trigger GG’s turn, among other abilities. With B1 though, if GG’s unique takes him out he doesn’t reset his cooldowns like the text suggests. Idk what the status of some of these weird “possible” bugs are, but if they’re WAI, they should adjust the text to match.

yeah they should adjust it
  • Options
    @flux_rono Maurauder is more lethal until HK's assassination shot, which with 2 left and IPD and GG may very well not reach HK's cool down. That throw of Maurader's though that is like Traya's. That thing 1 shots a lot of toons. IPD = ez 1 shot from it.