answer to TB rotations is not answer to the question that was asked

Prev13456720
ShawDou
297 posts Member
edited December 2019
Q: Would it be possible to pick between both old TB's while still alternating LS & DS Geo TB? The content is very old at this point, but our guild still doesn't have the Probe Droid across the board (and I don't believe anybody has a 7*). We've graduated to DS Geo TB, but we've been able to alternate between standard Imperial DS TB and Geo. Now with the release of LS Geo TB we're losing the opportunity to alternate DS TB's and we've got no further use of the LS Rebel TB, and are probably years away from doing LS Geo TB. We feel like we're being forced to pursue a game mode that we're finished with at the expense of having to later choose between 2 we really want to participate in.

A: CG_Tophat - The short answer is no. We walk a delicate line between demanding too much and too little time for a mobile game. If we allow players to play the old TBs alongside the new ones, from a min/max perspective this is basically a requirement to be "good" at the game which is to play both. So while there are some players that want to play more our data indicates that we already ask a lot of a lot of players time. Adding an additional "requirement" probably tips us over on the "required" amount of time playing. In addition, we have very specific economy outflows modeled and allowing the second TB disrupts that in a way that as the economy is currently set up, can't handle.

@CG_Tophat This was not mine question, but i feel that you didnt read or understand it. So would you mind to answer it once more? The person is not asking for us being able to do Geo and Hoth simultaneously.

He is asking for us be able to choose from both Hoth LS/DS each time. So that guilds now can farm the shards for characters they want. His Guild as a bet a lot of other Guilds want to farm IPD and WAT shards, so they want to do one week of Geo DS and second week of Hoth DS.

Hoth TBs are soo old and obsolete, than what bad it can do if you let us choose LS/DS each time, while still keep Geo LS/DS switching.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Exactly this. I tried reasking it in the Q & A thread but it was not seen. Please reanswer the question. @CG_TopHat
  • I would love this. I’m 1 shard away from finishing IPD.
  • Here is my take on the question asked. I think its accomplishes the same goal.

I think most people would agree that the LS Geo TB is “Hard”. Even 250 million GP guilds are struggling with it. That being said, instead of forcing guilds to either choose between a very easy LS Hoth TB or a very hard LS Geo TB, would it possible to tweak the choices? For instance, a LS Hoth TB OR a DS Geo TB? Two weeks later, a DS Hoth TB OR a LS Geo TB? This way, a guild would be in a position to choose a TB that is better suited to their guild.
  • They've dodged this question a few times. Not sure what's up with that.
  • I would love this. I’m 1 shard away from finishing IPD.

At least in your case, you can wait until the BH Galactic Bounties I event comes around one last time and you can get some shards for IPD.

As I am missing 91 shards....In my case, I need to 1) Leave my current guild to find a Hoth Guild (which means giving up GET2) (no thank you), 2) Spend GET2 on IPD shards (No thank you) or 3) Wait until the even happens 10 more times.

Since it only comes around every ~6 weeks, that's a year of waiting. Doable, yes but frustrating.
  • I think the answer is still no. They aren’t going to do anything that allows guilds to only run DS TBs or only run LS TBs.
  • Oaktree168
    37 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Here is my take on the question asked. I think its accomplishes the same goal.

For instance, a LS Hoth TB OR a DS Geo TB? Two weeks later, a DS Hoth TB OR a LS Geo TB? This way, a guild would be in a position to choose a TB that is better suited to their guild.

This exactly. They have tiered the tb so easiest to hardest
    1) ls hoth
    2) ds hoth
    3) ds geo
    4) ls geo.

A natural guild progression would be a guild doing 1&2, then 2&3, then 3&4. Currently mid tier guilds have to do 1&3 which makes absolutely no sense.

And yes, I understand that they just dont want you doing dark side, but if that was truly the case, they should have designed their territory battles with that in mind. They didnt, and that fault shouldn't be put on the player base when choosing which content to do.
  • They dodged and didn't answer a few questions... Lol. Idk why they do that. I can't remember exactly what question, I'll have to go look again, but it hilarious! Haha.
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    This is pretty standard for Q&As. If they dodge a question it's because they know you won't like the real answer. Just read between the lines a bit.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• The devs have essentially answered this question before.

This is meant to be a collection game. They (the devs) want you to increase your collection. That's why they implemented changes to GAC match making; they didn't want people only unlocking what was needed for meta teams and ignoring everything else.

If they gave guilds the option to constantly run DS or LS TBs, it would decrease the incentive to work on the opposing side. Don't have strong Sith or Empire? No worries! You can do LSTB all the time! Or vice versa.

Yes, it is smart to work on the strongest teams regardless of DS/LS. But TB requires you to have 4-5 teams (or more, depending on some of the restrictions for CM and SM). There isn't an incentive to work on the lesser teams that can clear waves because you aren't doing that TB.

Of course the whole reason behind all of this is encouraging players to build out many teams so they need a lot of gear. But that's how most of these games make money.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Here is my take on the question asked. I think its accomplishes the same goal.

I think most people would agree that the LS Geo TB is “Hard”. Even 250 million GP guilds are struggling with it. That being said, instead of forcing guilds to either choose between a very easy LS Hoth TB or a very hard LS Geo TB, would it possible to tweak the choices? For instance, a LS Hoth TB OR a DS Geo TB? Two weeks later, a DS Hoth TB OR a LS Geo TB? This way, a guild would be in a position to choose a TB that is better suited to their guild.

Yes, it's the pairing that's wrong. They reversed the release order, thus the choice should also be reversed.
  • I think I also misunderstood the question when I passed it to Tophat. Thanks for explanation, I'll see if I can get an updated answer for this
  • ShawDou wrote: »
    @CG_Tophat This was not mine question, but i feel that you didnt read or understand it. So would you mind to answer it once more? The person is not asking for us being able to do Geo and Hoth simultaneously.

I was thinking the same thing when I read his answer.

I was like, uhm, I think this question does not mean what you think it means.

• Read the actual question instead of skimming over it and there will be no confusion
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    This is pretty standard for Q&As. If they dodge a question it's because they know you won't like the real answer. Just read between the lines a bit.

This. Exactly this.
  • jonnysiniwal
    675 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    The devs have essentially answered this question before.

This is meant to be a collection game. They (the devs) want you to increase your collection. That's why they implemented changes to GAC match making; they didn't want people only unlocking what was needed for meta teams and ignoring everything else.

Yet, this isn't exactly true is it? Your division is still determined by total GP which means collecting and gearing non meta teams is still a disadvantage. There is always a big difference between what they say and how they do things there?

I could open malevolence with my hoard of currency. I am not yet because it will put me much closer to moving up a bracket. If this game was meant to be about collecting this wouldn't be a choice I had to make.
  • The devs have essentially answered this question before.

Yet, this isn't exactly true is it? Your division is still determined by total GP which means collecting and gearing non meta teams is still a disadvantage. There is always a big difference between what they say and how they do things there?

I could open malevolence with my hoard of currency. I am not yet because it will put me much closer to moving up a bracket. If this game was meant to be about collecting this wouldn't be a choice I had to make.

Its only a disadvantage if you havent properly prepared the etra teams needed to move up a division, and that only applies for the odd numbered div to the even (ex. 3 to 2) where you place an extra team.

In fact, they specifically tried to incentivize roster GP growth by giving (very slightly) better rewards for promoting leagues.

Heck, i jumped from Div 4 to Div 3 this GAC and went undefeated for the first time, so not sure why you are avoiding moving up :shrug:
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    I think I also misunderstood the question when I passed it to Tophat. Thanks for explanation, I'll see if I can get an updated answer for this

This was really cool. You should chime in more often imo.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    I think I also misunderstood the question when I passed it to Tophat. Thanks for explanation, I'll see if I can get an updated answer for this

It’s exceedingly rare to have the SWGOH dev team tag in any thread these days. Hopefully this is the first of many.
  • @CG_SBCrumb Thank you very much for taking another look into this!

Wow my post got real notice from the CG, thanks for it 👍

You speak?!
    It’s alive! It’s alive!!!
  • Btw someone made nice picture about TB GP requirements:
    k80buvru7gs5.png
  • The best solution would be to allow guilds to choose from all 4 (if your guild is small you can play LS hoth twice a month and maximise rewards and potentially ease the gear crunch) when your guild feel ready after some time switch to DS hoth and be able to do it 2x month, with the progresion at some point you will change to DS GEo twice a month and in finnal stage LS GEO... i think if CG allow players make this decision they will see how f***ed up was the idea with tuning LS Geo to this lvl which is not in reach of any guild for long time (calculation showing expectation of 12KK GP for one player, this game is online for 4 years player with most GP have 7KK so if he played since begining he was improving 1,75kk every year, he will need 3 more years reach the expected lvl and master the LS Geo) and because of that prabobly nobody will choose this game mode for a long time... "new content" in witch most of the community can participate only by deploy is not fun
  • Holek83 wrote: »
    The best solution would be to allow guilds to choose from all 4

There is no way they are going to allow that (nor should they). You are never going to get to run exclusively one TB. The message here is that they are forcing ds geo guilds that aren't ready for ls geo to do the easiest tb in the game. That isnt right

• Oaktree168 wrote: »
    The message here is that they are forcing ds geo guilds that aren't ready for ls geo to do the easiest tb in the game. That isnt right

I agree. It's not right. This is why I (and others) suggested...Assuming two TB per month....
    First Half of the Month - LS Hoth or DS Geo
    Second Half of the Month - DS Hoth or LS Geo

This way, a guild would be in a position to choose a TB that is better suited to their guild.
  • 100% agree.....lol, posted as much early in the thread. The choices they are giving us now break with the progression of thw game. You have the choices perfect......all I want as well.
This discussion has been closed.