should there be an opposing property to evasion?

Precision?Accuracy?

I mean there is
Potency – Increases the chance to apply detrimental effects to opponents.
Tenacity – Increases the chance to ward off detrimental effects..

Replies

• Options
    There is:

Grievous has it

His Basic can not be Evaded or Countered
  • Options
    I think he means a generic stat that everyone would have.This would allow some characters to inherently be good at hitting high dodgers without needing to have that as a bonus on their abilities but still maintaining the possibility of missing.
  • Options
    Ummmmm......

A ToHit skill that every character has..... It's called, Level
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    Options
    Tolodine wrote: »
    Ummmmm......

are you simply trolling? kinda smells like it....
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    You should either hit, or evade.

Currently, you either have a spell land or it is resisted.

Why would evade work any other way?

• NeverTrustWetFarts
    52 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    level,stars,gear, none of those add you your change to hit someone.
    I think he means a generic stat that everyone would have.This would allow some characters to inherently be good at hitting high dodgers without needing to have that as a bonus on their abilities but still maintaining the possibility of missing.

^ this

speedy, high dps could also be balanced in this way.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »

I have to agree here.
  • Options

then why is there crit and normal damage?
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I am assuming because that is a carry over from D&D and almost any other RPG? If you pass a hit roll, you can pass a crit roll and do extra damage.

Plus who doesn't like seeing massive damage on their screen? WoW taught us that big damage is good damage! :)
  • NeverTrustWetFarts
    52 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

I am assuming because that is a carry over from D&D and almost any other RPG? If you pass a hit roll, you can pass a crit roll and do extra damage.

Plus who doesn't like seeing massive damage on their screen? WoW taught us that big damage is good damage! :)

Me...when it's one of my toons getting smacked by rey
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options

Me...when it's one of my toons getting smacked by ray

Touche :open_mouth:
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    I'm guessing the OP just got Dooku'ed....
  • NeverTrustWetFarts
    52 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    JoshG wrote: »
    I'm guessing the OP just got Dooku'ed....

dooku/han/daka. almost broke my phone. stunned han with dooku, missed with gs, killed with 88, daka revives..... han taunts, then the TM sorcery started. some not so pleasant words were said to my phone. swapped my pog for dooku lead just to ef over someone else.
  • Options
    Lokai wrote: »
    Ummmmm......

Hmm.... Guess it reads that way, but no.

In every game I've ever played, it's always the same.

When you are Lvl 1 it's hard to hit, and when you're Max level, it's insanely hard to miss.

Dodge/evade helps deal with this.

Not that I have any clue as to what the Devs actually think/built into this game :(
  • Options
    What the OP is eluding to is what should be implemented. An opposing stat to dodge such as an increased chance to hit a target. Call it what u want; advanced targeting algorithm(droid), battle prowess(other), or marksman(blaster users). Not everyone needs it or should have it but some should be better adapted. This would make scoundrels a bit more useful as they would be a counter to evasion teams. There is currently no counter to them at this time.
  • Options
    Viperish wrote: »
    What the OP is eluding to is what should be implemented. An opposing stat to dodge such as an increased chance to hit a target. Call it what u want; advanced targeting algorithm(droid), battle prowess(other), or marksman(blaster users). Not everyone needs it or should have it but some should be better adapted. This would make scoundrels a bit more useful as they would be a counter to evasion teams. There is currently no counter to them at this time.

bring balance to the force
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ummmmm......

A stat that varies between characters. Is this your first RPG? Most RPGs have +hit on gear or abilities or stats (usually connected to something like agility or dexterity).
    Even hack and slash basic games like diablo 2 had it. Every D&D based game has it.

Like @phroxenphyre said, it would allow some characters to be better than others at hitting high dodgers - hence you could pick specific +hit squads (and even leaderships) to fight evade leaders and characters in GW and arena.
    It goes beyond level differences (which indeed also play a major part in the hit rating formula).
    It's really not a new concept or a hard one. Unless you have no experience with RPGs. Which is why @Lokai suspected trolling.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Lokai wrote: »
    Ummmmm......

Hmm.... Guess it reads that way, but no.

In every game I've ever played, it's always the same.

When you are Lvl 1 it's hard to hit, and when you're Max level, it's insanely hard to miss.

Dodge/evade helps deal with this.

Not that I have any clue as to what the Devs actually think/built into this game :(

was just checking

@yarzahn pretty much covered it :)
  • Options
    Personally I don't think it's needed based on how they do their rng. You'll see it in GW - if you see a toon dodge a certain attack and retreat but keep your toons the same you'll find that whoever tries to make that attack will still result in a dodge.

they are reworking defence - an existing stat which will no doubt take weeks. Now imagine them adding a new stat that has a lot more variables.....it would take them forever to do it. If this game was a proper rpg then yeah it would fit but with linear gear and levelling it's better to keep accuracy/precision generic
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    Starjumper wrote: »
    Personally I don't think it's needed based on how they do their rng. You'll see it in GW - if you see a toon dodge a certain attack and retreat but keep your toons the same you'll find that whoever tries to make that attack will still result in a dodge.

they are reworking defence - an existing stat which will no doubt take weeks. Now imagine them adding a new stat that has a lot more variables.....it would take them forever to do it. If this game was a proper rpg then yeah it would fit but with linear gear and levelling it's better to keep accuracy/precision generic

must have a dooku lead :)
  • Options

Actually, this would be the perfect time to introduce an Accuracy stat. Developers are already revamping the combat system and reworking the code that handles this so popping in an extra variable to that equation is trivial, as is adding it to the character attributes. The only difficult thing would figuring out how much accuracy each character should get and how characters should increase their accuracy, if at all. Much of that work can be rolled up with the balance testing they're already doing for the defense rework.

So basically, if there was ever a time when adding an Accuracy stat would be cost effective, this is it. Yes, it adds more work but much of that is work they're already doing anyway so might as well piggyback on it. That said, it would have had to have already been a part of their plans for it to be that efficient. They're likely already well into development on whatever changes they're doing so adding something like this now would be extremely disruptive and waste more time than it saves. If they're not already doing it, they're better off finishing what they're working on and saving this for a future update.
  • Options
    I think there already is an accuracy stat because sometimes a character will attack in GW and miss, so I will retry and they will only be able to hit one character or none of them. It's a weird system.
  • Options

Actually, this would be the perfect time to introduce an Accuracy stat. Developers are already revamping the combat system and reworking the code that handles this so popping in an extra variable to that equation is trivial, as is adding it to the character attributes. The only difficult thing would figuring out how much accuracy each character should get and how characters should increase their accuracy, if at all. Much of that work can be rolled up with the balance testing they're already doing for the defense rework.

So basically, if there was ever a time when adding an Accuracy stat would be cost effective, this is it. Yes, it adds more work but much of that is work they're already doing anyway so might as well piggyback on it. That said, it would have had to have already been a part of their plans for it to be that efficient. They're likely already well into development on whatever changes they're doing so adding something like this now would be extremely disruptive and waste more time than it saves. If they're not already doing it, they're better off finishing what they're working on and saving this for a future update.

It would be if they'd already done the work on it but based on the bugs etc that happen at the moment that never get fixed I think it's better if they don't multitask and try to focus on getting one thing right at a time
  • Options
    They are planning on fixing the fact that stunned characters can dodge, so there's that to look forward to.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    They are planning on fixing the fact that stunned characters can dodge, so there's that to look forward to.

Lol. There's lots of things they're ' looking into' . I'm not a developer but I kinda imagine this to be a simple fix. Possibly one line of code

It probably says something like
    If x =stun dodge = 5 (+evasion leader bonus)

And what they need it to say is
    If x = stun then dodge = - 100

Im still baffled that bugs like this that should never have made it into the game aren't managed with any priority. I'm sure it's been reported months ago
  • Options
    Maybe not an entire stat, but if a buff was introduced that gave a team 100% accuracy that would help counter Dooku and Sid
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options

Been happening LONG before WoW was ever thought of ;)
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    To answer headline question i say NO because evasion is not consistent enough or reliable enough to "need" a counter stat. Perhaps someday yes but rite now no. Accuracy (as an example) i fear wouod be far superior and theow off proper balance