Hyperdrive bundle

Prev1
So, am I reading this right that the new pack that's supposed to be the bee's knees is going to cost £300 (or $577aud)

(Go to store, check app details scroll down to bottom to see in app purchase price)

$577 for a pack, on a mobile game, supposed to b for new players....if I was just starting out and saw a pack for upwards of $200 (let alone north of $500) I would definitely delete the app and find a new game...

It kinda strikes me as counter productive...

Replies

• Options
    Where did u read that?
  • Options
    @Baby_Yoda go to your store (iOS or Android) search swgoh, click on the description, scroll down to the bottom to show in app purchase price... It shows you the price for in app purchases (least to most) mine is still showing older data ($159aud) and a guild mates is showing new (£300)
  • Options
    Screenshot_20191209-221701_Google_Play_Store.jpg

As you can see
  • Options
    Aka_mannah wrote: »
    @Baby_Yoda go to your store (iOS or Android) search swgoh, click on the description, scroll down to the bottom to show in app purchase price... It shows you the price for in app purchases (least to most) mine is still showing older data ($159aud) and a guild mates is showing new (£300)

Mine just shows $139.99 CAD
  • Options
    Sounds about right. This isn't intended to be a freebie for all new players. There are people out there who will whale on games like this. It's meant for people who are willing to pay a good chunk of money to power-level a new account.
  • Options
    @Vos_Landeck Yeah, it is supposed to be a catch up pack.

But let's put this in layman's terms... One pack will be equal to a week's wage (after tax) for someone on minimum wage in Australia.

This is feeding people's addiction and exploiting that nature and is totally devoid of any corporate responsibility to do the right thing and look after their customers.

Out of all the shady things that CG has done to the game, a $550 pack would be the worst...

And it's supposed to be their new highlight...
  • Options

But let's put this in layman's terms... One pack will be equal to a week's wage (after tax) for someone on minimum wage in Australia.

This is feeding people's addiction and exploiting that nature and is totally devoid of any corporate responsibility to do the right thing and look after their customers.

Out of all the shady things that CG has done to the game, a $550 pack would be the worst...

CG’s responsibility is to make money for their shareholders. People are responsible for their own spending, addiction or not. People need to take responsibility for their own actions and stop blaming others for their problems.
  • BB1180
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Mine shows $99.99 and yes, I updated the app this afternoon. I don't think its all that reliable. In any case, we'll know soon enough.
  • Options
    @CamaroAMF I totally agree that their obligations are to make money for their share holders.

Their responsibility though is to do that in a fair and equitable manner and not exploit addiction. Mobile games are an addiction, not quite as destructive as something like smoking or gambling but it's an addiction none the less and to exploit anyone's addiction goes against corporate responsibility and is preying on the weak...

This pack is the antithesis of that...
  • Options
    @CamaroAMF I totally agree that their obligations are to make money for their share holders.

Their responsibility though is to do that in a fair and equitable manner and not exploit addiction. Mobile games are an addiction, not quite as destructive as something like smoking or gambling but it's an addiction none the less and to exploit anyone's addiction goes against corporate responsibility and is preying on the weak...

This pack is the antithesis of that...

how much should a pack that catches people up on years (iirc) of playing cost? Also, bc it says prices go from .99 to 300 means the hyperdrive will cost 300 (pounds)?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

Given that these seem targeted at new players and new spenders, I suspect that many of these will actually be *very* reasonably priced. New players aren't likely to spend hundreds on something they may not continue, and vets are even less likely to spend it on 5* G8s. We'll see soon enough, but I think the strategy here will be volume sales, hooking new players with low prices and putting pressure on F2P to purchase them as well to keep up.
  • Options
    If you look at the video they just sent out, it is 99.99 USD
  • Options
    WarGuy101 wrote: »
    If you look at the video they just sent out, it is 99.99 USD

Yeah, totally. Don't know what this nonsense is about the pack costing several hundred dollars. The $99.99 USD price shown in the video is the same price as a vault....considering the other pricing in this game, that's not a bad price at all.
  • Options
    Moment I see 85 level opponents in new arena shard is moment I uninstall this game. Way to destroy f2p and low spenders. Can't compete for arena crystals vs 85 lvl.
  • Options
    No Chewie shards. Noobs will be so alienated
  • Options
    The pack should be around 99,99USD according to the video.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Kouen wrote: »
    Moment I see 85 level opponents in new arena shard is moment I uninstall this game. Way to destroy f2p and low spenders. Can't compete for arena crystals vs 85 lvl.

It's impossible to compete with early whales anyway, hyperwhale bundle or not. F2p only start to go toe to toe with whales once they have a mature account with solid selection of units. It might be a deterrent for people who don't realize this, though.
  • Options
    You don't have to buy it. Those packs are for baby whales. You can still play it for free, just need several months to get to level 85
  • Options
    They said there would be a version for crystals as well, so earnable for ftp
  • Options
    I am not sure this pack will be a step towards CGs goal to make this game more attractive to new players. Perhaps someone should drag them back to the real world. I mean - compared to the other packs the pricing is really "fair". But if you are a new player, that starts this MOBILE GAME (those games not known for quality, depth, story, graphics, cinematics, etc.) and is offered a pack to get him started for 100$ (twice the price of a "real" computer game) that doesn't even 7* a single char...
    Why don't you just charge a symbolic price of 1-5$ for ppl below lvl 85. Or just speed up the early grind to G11 and speed up the grind to 7* the standard Phoenix and/or an imperial team via quests or whatever. This Pack just strengthens the massive P2W reputation this game already has.
  • TheShadowCloud
    36 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    It could be a good thing if hyperdrive buyers get put in a new arena and fleet shard with other hyperdrive buyers. That would still keep some balance between f2p and p2p players in newer arena shards. You can beat p2p players of the same level, but let`s face it you will never beat lvl80 characters with a lvl40 squad no matter how bad that squad is.

• Options
    It could be a good thing if hyperdrive buyers get put in a new arena and fleet shard with other hyperdrive buyers. That would still keep some balance between f2p and p2p players in newer arena shards. You can beat p2p players of the same level, but let`s face it you will never beat lvl80 characters with a lvl40 squad no matter how bad that squad is.

That would be better. I know the game and I got lvl 85 account but also new account where Im focusing on good thin roster. Arena im fine top 10 being bundle byers, I can do top 50 which is fine. But fleet arena where Im focusing I can't do anything vs roster of 5☆ ships in long time. I was hoping to be top 10 by focusing on ships and pilots.

Well I can always hope not many will buy the bundle.
  • Options
    AntiHeld wrote: »
    I am not sure this pack will be a step towards CGs goal to make this game more attractive to new players. Perhaps someone should drag them back to the real world. I mean - compared to the other packs the pricing is really "fair". But if you are a new player, that starts this MOBILE GAME (those games not known for quality, depth, story, graphics, cinematics, etc.) and is offered a pack to get him started for 100$ (twice the price of a "real" computer game) that doesn't even 7* a single char...
    Why don't you just charge a symbolic price of 1-5$ for ppl below lvl 85. Or just speed up the early grind to G11 and speed up the grind to 7* the standard Phoenix and/or an imperial team via quests or whatever. This Pack just strengthens the massive P2W reputation this game already has.

Completely agree with this. The price is “fair” if you consider time spent and what I consider to already be ridiculously high prices. They charge so much for very little actual game play. This “starter bundle” is almost the cost of 2 full console games. The majority of mobile players will take a look at this bundle and not only pass on it but also the game because they see how much money it will cost them just to get “guild ready”. I think at most new players might be willing to pay 19.99 to 29.99 for something. This isn’t going to end up helping to inject a bunch of new players into the game.
  • Options
    Are you guys seriously considering this? Let CG maths and data do the work for them...

Let us not spend and show them they are ********
  • Orad
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

Don't know why it messed up my comment.. never posted here before.

Was just replying to @Jahosefat agreeing that getting players used to spending at $20-$30 would be better than expecting them to spend $99+ right off the bat.

I've been spending for a while now and I still don't think I would spend that much and I am still at the point that the bundle would help me with a few characters. $20-30 is easy.. $99 is too much for one pack imo.
  • Options
    This pack will get my Clones and Geos to G12, and maybe a few to G13. Wish there was some GET 1 & 2 in there...
  • Moorebid
    505 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    The energy, store tokens, ability mats, crystals and gear appeal to me much. I mean, it'll give me 3 relic chars instantly, but I already have all the characters (except for 2) geared and starred up to the point they'll be after purchase.
    If it really costs up to 100€ I'll pass.
  • Options
    Orad wrote: »
    $20-30 is easy.. $99 is too much for one pack imo.

They can sometimes have a pack with one toon for $19.99. If you buy that 5 times over a couple months, you have 5 toons and a little bit of gear. This pack has many toons for the price of five. Plus way more gear/energy/crystals/zetas. There is definitely value in $100 compared to other packs.

Heck, where else can you buy zetas?
  • Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

CG’s responsibility is to make money for their shareholders. People are responsible for their own spending, addiction or not. People need to take responsibility for their own actions and stop blaming others for their problems.

That's all fine and good until the people who are addicted to games like this end up on welfare and my tax dollars have to support them.