Hyperdrive bundle

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Kluski wrote: »
    Orad wrote: »
    $20-30 is easy.. $99 is too much for one pack imo.

They can sometimes have a pack with one toon for $19.99. If you buy that 5 times over a couple months, you have 5 toons and a little bit of gear. This pack has many toons for the price of five. Plus way more gear/energy/crystals/zetas. There is definitely value in $100 compared to other packs.

Heck, where else can you buy zetas?

Sure, but do new players realize this? Honestly if I’m a new player these prices look like greed and I’m staying far away from this. It shows them right away that this game is a mobile money grab where you pay stupid amounts of money so you can play for a total of 10 minutes each day. This pack will do nothing but get us old **** to spend more on this game. No new blood is going to bite on a $100 pack.
  • Options
    Is there a discount if you just want the gear and mats?

Dont need the rest
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    It shows 99.99 in the video.
  • Options
    Whales will all buy this for the gear alone.
    We needed Cobb Vanth shards for Krayt Dragon raid, Endor Gear Luke shards for Speeder Bike raid and Anakin Skywalker shards for Battle for Naboo raid?
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Is there a discount if you just want the gear and mats?

Dont need the rest

I agree, but worse case, convert the shards to gear in the store.
  • Options
    They specifically state no extra shards.
  • Options
    GerTarrant wrote: »
    They specifically state no extra shards.

Thanks for pointing that out. I totally missed that part.
  • Options
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    "CamaroAMF wrote: »

CG’s responsibility is to make money for their shareholders. People are responsible for their own spending, addiction or not. People need to take responsibility for their own actions and stop blaming others for their problems.

Maybe, but it’s still wrong.

Manipulation is very real. And the dollar shouldn’t be so almighty.

So should we also make sure to put an end to alcohol sales, and cigarette sales, and the lottery? Or what about other things that people can spend too much money on or could harm the consumer? What if someone really like to go to sporting events even if they cannot afford season tickets? Should sports teams no longer be allowed to advertise?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

So should we also make sure to put an end to alcohol sales, and cigarette sales, and the lottery? Or what about other things that people can spend too much money on or could harm the consumer? What if someone really like to go to sporting events even if they cannot afford season tickets? Should sports teams no longer be allowed to advertise?

Lotta strawman in there...but my argument is that A Mobile game’s global reach makes it different than a Liquor/Cigarette Store or Sporting event. If I could buy and immediately receive beers from my phone I may make more bad decisions.

And If a company could mind trick me into paying using frustration mechanics Id say they should be at least be regulated.

The lottery doesn’t make your life insanely difficult where you start thinking....”yes this is worth it.” CG does and I think we both know that eventually some governing body will step in... either to help society or to get a cut.

So a mobile game company selling things to ease difficulty is a "mind trick" but Cigarette/Alcohol companies spending decades making those two activities look cool is ok?

And no, the lotto is much, much worse. It makes you keep thinking that the next ticket/scratchoff might just be the one. Just one more, it has to be the winner. Just one more...
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

Lotta strawman in there...but my argument is that A Mobile game’s global reach makes it different than a Liquor/Cigarette Store or Sporting event. If I could buy and immediately receive beers from my phone I may make more bad decisions.

And If a company could mind trick me into paying using frustration mechanics Id say they should be at least be regulated.

The lottery doesn’t make your life insanely difficult where you start thinking....”yes this is worth it.” CG does and I think we both know that eventually some governing body will step in... either to help society or to get a cut.

lolz
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    So a mobile game company selling things to ease difficulty is a "mind trick" but Cigarette/Alcohol companies spending decades making those two activities look cool is ok?

Unlike cigarette/alcohol companies, the gaming industry has escaped much of the same scrutiny that has rightly been applied to other purveyors of addictive and potentially destructive products. You seem to (rightfully) have an issue with some of the practices employed by the likes of the tobacco and alcohol industries, and yet are all too willing to give game companies a pass because..."shareholders."
    You also failed to acknowledge the point made that gaming companies enjoy the benefit of being able to milk vulnerable cash-cows in the relative safety of their homes or wherever they might carry their mobile devices. One press of a button and their account is drained of hundreds (potentially thousands) of dollars. And because they're purchasing "virtual" currency, it makes that purchase all the more seductive. Gaming companies deliberately engineered it to be this way.
    And no, the lotto is much, much worse. It makes you keep thinking that the next ticket/scratchoff might just be the one. Just one more, it has to be the winner. Just one more...

So now you're attempting to rank exploitative practices on a scale of evil? Again: what is with your (and others here) inability to call them out for being exploitative and manipulative? No one is claiming that those who make outrageous purchases shouldn't ultimately be responsible (unless they're minors or suffer serious mental disorders) for their actions. But that doesn't absolve these companies of designing systems with the sole aim of targeting these individuals. "Shareholders" does not absolve them of the obvious nefariousness. After all, everyone has a reason for the things they do, but a reason and an excuse are not the same thing.