GAC feature

Replies

• sloweagle
    485 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Well, maybe CG can allow GAC public only for the players who is involved. Ie you can only view your own GAC history. Then it solved the problem of publicing your defense to anyone who want to research you, and yet deter cheater.

BTW, did anyone check GAC history of this guy? I think it is on fire in reddit and discord now:)

Removed link to a user's profile. Naming and shaming isn't allowed~Rtas

Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Options
    I’m just curious.... should CG take action against anybody live-streaming their GAC’s? Because, well, ya know ... they might show someone’s super secret and heretofore unknown defense setup.

C’mon people, we live in an age of nearly unlimited access to information. Your defensive strategies in SWGoH aren’t a secret.
  • Options
    It's pretty funny. The complainers seem to be just incredibly lazy. Like there is some Di Vinci code that makes the perfect defense, and once they find it, they cannot change it.

Just have a few different defensive setups and rotate or develop a setup based on what your opponent has and how its modded and such. I know its crazy.
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    sloweagle wrote: »
    Well, maybe CG can allow GAC public only for the players who is involved. Ie you can only view your own GAC history. Then it solved the problem of publicing your defense to anyone who want to research you, and yet deter cheater.

BTW, did anyone check GAC history of this guy? I think it is on fire in reddit and discord now:)

[Removed]

I’ve been waiting for the return of the Wiggs meta for years.

Edited quote to reflect change ~Rtas
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    Are there really secret super special counters out there which are just now being brought forward? I haven’t seen anything ground breaking yet.

Unfortunately cheaters have made this sort of thing necessary to increase visibility. I agree though that only seeing your own kind of makes sense, but that’s on swgoh.gg to enforce?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

[Removed]

6.5 million GP....and he needs to cheat? lol So sad.

Edited quote to reflect change ~Rtas
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Bye.
  • Ultra
    11587 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

BTW, did anyone check GAC history of this TI guy? I think it is on fire in reddit and discord now:)
    https://swgoh.gg/p/617949753/gac-history/

I would assume his time in TI is numbered.

He’s pretty bad at this game

He won two rounds purely because of his cheating

The second round he couldn’t beat nightsisters and gave up and cheated lol
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

BTW, did anyone check GAC history of this TI guy? I think it is on fire in reddit and discord now:)

Wow. Has he ever won a fleet battle?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options

Wow. Has he ever won a fleet battle?

I know, reading is too much to ask...

There’s a message near the top of those pages clearly stating that the fleet battles aren’t reporting correctly.
  • Options

Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t see any clear indication of cheating. Can you point it out for me?
  • Ultra
    11587 posts Moderator
    Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t see any clear indication of cheating. Can you point it out for me?

He won by 22 points (meaning he needed to full clear and get territory bonus)

ofqa4fe6u7k9.png
    1utnhlgpg66i.png
    6vzyrv0be9sj.png
    wuqm06nfee5z.png
    xiqvnvm701s4.png

His Ezra team won in 22 seconds with max Health and Protection

He suddenly had the perfect undersized team out of nowhere
  • Options
    maraexibil wrote: »
    I see no real difference between looking at a squad on swgoh.gg or looking at someones roster in a gac and saying... hmm what are the best defensive squads they will put down and how can i counter them? If you dont know then just watch youtube.

Unique lineups have no YouTube counter and can not be deduced from the roster. They were surprises before public battle logs.

Example:
    GBA, Spy, Soldier, Poggle, Relic'd B1.

Before public battle logs you will not know if the standard Traya counter will work well or not.

With the public battle logs you will be able to see which counters were effective/ineffective in the last six rounds.

Are you saying my Darth Revan team couldn't handle that?

Or my GG team? Or My JKR team? because I think all 3 can. Your premise assumes that we aren't smart enough to figure out how to beat a team.

I assure you, we're pretty capable.
  • Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

He won by 22 points (meaning he needed to full clear and get territory bonus)

<pics snipped to reduce post size>

His Ezra team won in 22 seconds with max Health and Protection

He suddenly had the perfect undersized team out of nowhere

You’re right. That does seem ... extremely unlikely.
  • Ultra
    11587 posts Moderator
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Look at all his 6 battles

He immediately wins in a minute using odd teams right after he fails to one shot a team with max health and prot

4 Jawas beating GG droids with max health really?
  • Options

He immediately wins in a minute using odd teams right after he fails to one shot a team with max health and prot

Jawas OP pls nerf
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

Jawas OP pls nerf

U-tini?
  • Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    If you're really that worried about people seeing your defenses, you could always

hold on, wait for it

this is gonna be wild

it could very well blow your mind-hole to smithereens

are you ready

ARE YOU

HERE IT COMES
    Use different teams on defense each round.

Yah because that’s soooo easy to do. I mean I can totally try out different things on offense because we have a sandbox mode where I can practice/test, right? Oh wait there isn’t? So I should take x team off defense and try it on offense totally blind? Oh we have tons and tons of options for good quality squads to put on defense right? Oh wait we only have a handful? There are a half dozen counters for every squad right? No? I can’t put my DR on defense this time and beat my opponent’s DR with my FO? You have every squad g13 and relic = to your opponent’s squads, right? No? So you can’t use your g12 geos to kill his g13, relic 7 nightsisters?

There's a lot to unpack here, but if changing up one or two teams from defense to offense causes your whole strategy to crumble, I would posit that you are perhaps not very good.
  • Options
    Why should whales spend crystals to test teams for their guild only for nobodies to copy and use it or better yet post YouTube videos like they discovered the teams.

F2P can jump in and talk all the smack they want but the reality is creativity goes out the window.

A guild or player that spends the time working on something should be rewarded with the fact they came up with a counter (not just the comp because people get super dumb here I’m talking some comps break down speeds, relics, other stats, Zetas required, etc).

What the OP is saying is his roster and his skills are open to others to take as their own instead of using their own brain to come up with ideas.
  • Options
    I'm so darn happy that people got outed for cheating and collusion through this data... the embarrassment must be overwhelming.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    CosmicJ wrote: »
    I'm so darn happy that people got outed for cheating and collusion through this data... the embarrassment must be overwhelming.

There's an old saying "If you ain't cheating, you ain't (die) trying." :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    This is a poor solution to a problem they should have fixed internally. I am a December ‘15 player, 5.7M and Kyber, and this is finally pushing me to the brink. First was relics (devalued my roster “investment”) and then LS Geo TB (un-fun and poorly tuned) and now this GAC battle nonsense (out-sourcing data, forcing products on us, undermining strategy, etc).
    It’s been a bad run, CG. Act quickly and pull the nose up or this is all going to crash...
  • Options
    Is it me or does swgoh.gg now require money to view your own collection?

I think they has some sort of re-set. It's asking for player ID and stuff again. But my login still works.
  • Options

I'll be really curious if he gets the permaban he deserves. Cause you know.... 6.5m GP is a whole lotta $$$$ heading CGs way.
  • Options
    If you're really that worried about people seeing your defenses, you could always

hold on, wait for it

this is gonna be wild

are you ready

ARE YOU

HERE IT COMES

Yah because that’s soooo easy to do. I mean I can totally try out different things on offense because we have a sandbox mode where I can practice/test, right? Oh wait there isn’t? So I should take x team off defense and try it on offense totally blind? Oh we have tons and tons of options for good quality squads to put on defense right? Oh wait we only have a handful? There are a half dozen counters for every squad right? No? I can’t put my DR on defense this time and beat my opponent’s DR with my FO? You have every squad g13 and relic = to your opponent’s squads, right? No? So you can’t use your g12 geos to kill his g13, relic 7 nightsisters?

There's a lot to unpack here, but if changing up one or two teams from defense to offense causes your whole strategy to crumble, I would posit that you are perhaps not very good.

I probably wouldn't be positing how good other people are or aren't now that we can all see everyone elses results! ;) Unless, you know, you are perfect.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

hold on, wait for it

this is gonna be wild

are you ready

ARE YOU

HERE IT COMES

I probably wouldn't be positing how good other people are or aren't now that we can all see everyone elses results! ;) Unless, you know, you are perfect.

You don't need to be perfect, you can just claim you're facing tougher opponents ;p
    Save water, drink champagne!