GAC feature

Replies

• taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @Cyricus well mate, you might be in the bracket, where people use only standard teams to battle each other and you can find most counters on youtube, but lot’s of people have to play every round under quite different conditions, your post says for you that you are an amateur here)

Ummm...... What bracket are you in?

Because I think you're in the lowbie bracket talking that smack.

At my level, it's all been boiled down to those teams.

Oh what...? You gonna put Wat and Nest in a Sep squad? oooohhh scary! how innovative! how novel how--- how---- how done BY EVERYONE ELSE ALREADY!!

The arrogance of players thinking they got some special recipe. STOP! It's all been done. Your "new" thought was done by someone else ages ago.

• Options
    I like the option
  • Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Cyricus wrote: »
    @Cyricus well mate, you might be in the bracket, where people use only standard teams to battle each other and you can find most counters on youtube, but lot’s of people have to play every round under quite different conditions, your post says for you that you are an amateur here)

Nonsense. If you believe this game to be rocket science then ... well, no, it is not. In fact your post shows that you didn't even actually check out that battle log on swgoh so far regarding the information it offers. It is totally useless in its current form.

Why?

a) Only shows the actual winning team (even if it took you 2 or 3 tries to win, so the first team is missing)
    You're wrong on that one...

https://swgoh.gg/p/343174317/gac-history/?gac=2&r=2

I took 2 attempts to defeat opponent's DR in rd 2 of final GA in the last GAC.

You can see both attempts on there.

Hmm, let's put it this way then: For my own battles there are some attempts on attack missing (i know because i had two connection problems last time, loosing two full teams and they are not showing up). For you there is also something strange going on there. Check your latest battles, round 1:

sr1f2ktwmzdo.png

The log probably needs some improvement or did you really always loose against your opponent at 0:00 seconds? Maybe they (swgoh.gg) are still working on fixing the bugs? I would assume so.

At least now they show a message regarding some bugs:

>> Note that Ship Battles and Early Ending Battles are not reporting correct Win/Loss currently.

Anyway, i still don't care about the log. In face i believe this will spice up GAC somewhat with people no longer soley relying on their beloved 0815 (not sure if that expression exists anywhere other than in Germany) setup which isn't super secret at all ;)

So investing a lot of time to get through all previous GACs of your enemy, figuring out their defense and teams and making a new defense setup for your side every single round is fine for you? Good, have fun! But there are others that don't have much time, that play the game for fun and not as a full time job like you or just already invest much more time than they should in other parts of the (mobile!) game - what about those? "Adapt or die"? Oh yeah, that's totally the best way to handle this!

I don't have the time/motivation to plan my GAC a lot anymore so if my opponent takes the time do dig info and prapare his battle and beats me, then well they're better and deserves the win ;-)
  • Options
    Sounds like something a cheater would say
  • Options
    People have been asking "iS tHiS tHe EnD oF tHe GamE?" for three years, and so far the answer has always been no. I'll let you do the math.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I see no real difference between looking at a squad on swgoh.gg or looking at someones roster in a gac and saying... hmm what are the best defensive squads they will put down and how can i counter them? If you dont know then just watch youtube.
  • Options
    I see no real difference between looking at a squad on swgoh.gg or looking at someones roster in a gac and saying... hmm what are the best defensive squads they will put down and how can i counter them? If you dont know then just watch youtube.

It’s a huge difference. I’ll use DR as an example. If you see your opponent always uses their DR on offense, you know you don’t need to save a DR counter.
  • Options

Oh what...? You gonna put Wat and Nest in a Sep squad? oooohhh scary! how innovative! how novel how--- how---- how done BY EVERYONE ELSE ALREADY!!

The arrogance of players thinking they got some special recipe. STOP! It's all been done. Your "new" thought was done by someone else ages ago.

This is OP https://swgoh.gg/p/672873946/

Now post yours
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »

It’s a huge difference. I’ll use DR as an example. If you see your opponent always uses their DR on offense, you know you don’t need to save a DR counter.

Except now they know that you know...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    People have been asking "iS tHiS tHe EnD oF tHe GamE?" for three years, and so far the answer has always been no. I'll let you do the math.

Yet... many times during those 3 years, it HAS been the end of the game for certain people which I think was the posters point....

Honestly I could give two squirts if someone can see my GAC defense or not. I enjoy the mode, but matchmaking and money play too much into this game to be over serious about it. That said, I can certainly understand those who treat this very competitively not liking this change.
  • Options

LOL good luck with that not saving a DR counter. Sounds like a great way to lose a match with poor strategy.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Or are you the arrogant one thinking you know everything already and there's no possible way that others actively find new teams that work well in GAC?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    If you're really that worried about people seeing your defenses, you could always

hold on, wait for it

this is gonna be wild

it could very well blow your mind-hole to smithereens

are you ready

ARE YOU

HERE IT COMES
    Use different teams on defense each round.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

But now they know that you know that they know.

9l9fisi6hcka.jpg
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    If you're really that worried about people seeing your defenses, you could always

hold on, wait for it

this is gonna be wild

are you ready

ARE YOU

HERE IT COMES

It sort of forces you to change up your def, which is the whole problem i have with it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

LOL good luck with that not saving a DR counter. Sounds like a great way to lose a match with poor strategy.

seems unlikely that players will not use DR on defense for several rounds only to trap that 1 unlucky player that counted on them saving their DR for offense.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

hold on, wait for it

this is gonna be wild

are you ready

ARE YOU

HERE IT COMES

It sort of forces you to change up your def, which is the whole problem i have with it.

Its not like there are 1000s of potential great options. If someone has found something rare that seems to work, I can understand them wanting to use it over and over.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

But now they know that you know that they know.

9l9fisi6hcka.jpg

I know!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

hold on, wait for it

this is gonna be wild

are you ready

ARE YOU

HERE IT COMES

Yah because that’s soooo easy to do. I mean I can totally try out different things on offense because we have a sandbox mode where I can practice/test, right? Oh wait there isn’t? So I should take x team off defense and try it on offense totally blind? Oh we have tons and tons of options for good quality squads to put on defense right? Oh wait we only have a handful? There are a half dozen counters for every squad right? No? I can’t put my DR on defense this time and beat my opponent’s DR with my FO? You have every squad g13 and relic = to your opponent’s squads, right? No? So you can’t use your g12 geos to kill his g13, relic 7 nightsisters?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

hold on, wait for it

this is gonna be wild

are you ready

ARE YOU

HERE IT COMES

Its not like there are 1000s of potential great options. If someone has found something rare that seems to work, I can understand them wanting to use it over and over.

It's not so much that i've found something rare that works really well as much as it is that i don't want to switch my def up all the time.
    Simple things as placing teams with the same prefered counter in front of the other doesn't work if your opponent can be 99% sure you're hiding the better team in the back row, so they're not going to waste their counter on the front row. Or vice versa, if you can be 99% sure there's no grievous hiding in the back wall you can easily just use your JKR to increase the banner count on some lesser team in the front row.
    That's all very basic stuff, nothing groundbreaking as far as strategy goes, but if you're always setting the same defense it makes it a whole lot easier for your opponent.
    You can call me lazy or whatever, but "having" to change up your def everytime is annoying imo.
  • Options

hold on, wait for it

this is gonna be wild

are you ready

ARE YOU

HERE IT COMES

It's not so much that i've found something rare that works really well as much as it is that i don't want to switch my def up all the time.
    Simple things as placing teams with the same prefered counter in front of the other doesn't work if your opponent can be 99% sure you're hiding the better team in the back row, so they're not going to waste their counter on the front row. Or vice versa, if you can be 99% sure there's no grievous hiding in the back wall you can easily just use your JKR to increase the banner count on some lesser team in the front row.
    That's all very basic stuff, nothing groundbreaking as far as strategy goes, but if you're always setting the same defense it makes it a whole lot easier for your opponent.
    You can call me lazy or whatever, but "having" to change up your def everytime is annoying imo.

Then don't and maybe lose a few times more than before. So what? You don't have to after all. Noone is forcing you unless you want to compete for the very top.

You really consider "playing" with your teams a bad thing?
  • Options

This is OP https://swgoh.gg/p/672873946/

Now post yours

But my response was not directed to the OP....Rather to Cyrcis. Ask him now to post his profile. And while you're at it, post yours. LOL Hmmm I'm not certain you're following the thread right.

The OP has a nice roster. What difference does that make? Even if I thought he was of low GP, it still stands.

There aren't any combos that anyone has that hasn't been done to someone else.

If you think that you have a monopoly on special group creations, I'd say you're wrong.

To the OP I'd say play it out and see if it's any different. I highly doubt it will be.

To you, hmmm... I only know you like to post other people's profile. So who cares.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

hold on, wait for it

this is gonna be wild

are you ready

ARE YOU

HERE IT COMES

Then don't and maybe lose a few times more than before. So what? You don't have to after all. Noone is forcing you unless you want to compete for the very top.

You really consider "playing" with your teams a bad thing?

You do realize that still effects me negatively right? I mean, it's not the end of the world for me personally, but i'm not going to say i like a change that results in me losing more often if i don't change the way i (like to) play.

• Options

Except now you know that they know that you know.
  • Options
    If you want to leave the game due to a new feature for preventing cheating, have fun in another game.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    Anariodin wrote: »
    If you want to leave the game due to a new feature for preventing cheating, have fun in another game.

It doesnt prevent cheating and doesnt necessarily expose it either. CG needs to fix it bottom line.
  • Options

Unique lineups have no YouTube counter and can not be deduced from the roster. They were surprises before public battle logs.

Example:
    GBA, Spy, Soldier, Poggle, Relic'd B1.

Before public battle logs you will not know if the standard Traya counter will work well or not.

With the public battle logs you will be able to see which counters were effective/ineffective in the last six rounds.