Iconic characters trumped by nobodies

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I would rather not, sorry. I would rather continue going on loving a fantasy franchise about peacekeeping space wizards in the battle between good and evil.
    I would too. But alas we cannot. Because everything good has to be diversity-ed.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    HankShank wrote: »
    I would rather not, sorry. I would rather continue going on loving a fantasy franchise about peacekeeping space wizards in the battle between good and evil.
    I would too. But alas we cannot. Because everything good has to be diversity-ed.

bc there's a girl heroine? or bc there's black hero? or a hairy hero? wait, which trilogy are we discussing?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    If you can't enjoy media because it has more people who aren't cishet white dudes than are, you should probably step back and reevaluate yourself.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Pretty much every character released in the last two years.
    Star Wars is big. Very big.

The characters you consider "iconic" and the characters someone else considers "iconic" are not the same list.

If I were to make a list of iconic Star Wars characters, it would include Gilad Pellaeon and Borsk Fey'lya. Two of the biggest and longest-running supporting characters in Legends, who give us perspective on the state of the Empire and the New Republic from the beginning of Legends all the way through the Vong war. And Ysanne Isard, the most compelling villain of the X-Wing novels. And Captain Alderaan himself, Tycho Celchu.

More common picks as iconic characters from the novels/comics include Thrawn (even before he came back in Rebels), Prince Xixor, Dash Rendar, the Solo siblings (to include Darth Caedus), Mara Jade, Winter, Guri, Darth Krayt, Darth Talon, Abeloth, Jagged Fell, Skippy the Jedi Droid, Kyle Katarn, and professional **** Corran Horn. For new canon novels, toss in characters like Rae Sloane, Eli Vanto, and Count Vidian.

To me all of these are important and iconic Star Wars characters. To people who never got into Legends they're a bunch of gobbledygook.

And that is fine. Star Wars is big. Not everyone gets into every part of Star Wars. And just because something comes from a piece of Star Wars that you personally are not invested in or even haven't consumed does not mean it is not important to someone else. Star Wars does not exist solely as you experience it.

Dude, you're the best and you're right. You have written the best comment in this forum I have ever read. And there is the only comment that caused me a lot of positive emotions. Thrawn is my favorite hero, but Palleon is in my opinion an iconic hero (he was in Legends). Btw, he lived in key moments of the galaxy. Clone Wars, Galactic Civil War, Fall of the Empire, Rise of the New Republic, War against the New Republic, War against newcomers from another galaxy, forming an Empire-Republic alliance, struggling with the reborn emperor until skirmishes with the new Siths. He is a man who survived until 91 years and was from the age of 15 in the army.
  • Options

The characters you consider "iconic" and the characters someone else considers "iconic" are not the same list.

If I were to make a list of iconic Star Wars characters, it would include Gilad Pellaeon and Borsk Fey'lya. Two of the biggest and longest-running supporting characters in Legends, who give us perspective on the state of the Empire and the New Republic from the beginning of Legends all the way through the Vong war. And Ysanne Isard, the most compelling villain of the X-Wing novels. And Captain Alderaan himself, Tycho Celchu.

More common picks as iconic characters from the novels/comics include Thrawn (even before he came back in Rebels), Prince Xixor, Dash Rendar, the Solo siblings (to include Darth Caedus), Mara Jade, Winter, Guri, Darth Krayt, Darth Talon, Abeloth, Jagged Fell, Skippy the Jedi Droid, Kyle Katarn, and professional **** Corran Horn. For new canon novels, toss in characters like Rae Sloane, Eli Vanto, and Count Vidian.

To me all of these are important and iconic Star Wars characters. To people who never got into Legends they're a bunch of gobbledygook.

And that is fine. Star Wars is big. Not everyone gets into every part of Star Wars. And just because something comes from a piece of Star Wars that you personally are not invested in or even haven't consumed does not mean it is not important to someone else. Star Wars does not exist solely as you experience it.

Dude, you're the best and you're right. You have written the best comment in this forum I have ever read. And there is the only comment that caused me a lot of positive emotions. Thrawn is my favorite hero, but Palleon is in my opinion an iconic hero (he was in Legends). Btw, he lived in key moments of the galaxy. Clone Wars, Galactic Civil War, Fall of the Empire, Rise of the New Republic, War against the New Republic, War against newcomers from another galaxy, forming an Empire-Republic alliance, struggling with the reborn emperor until skirmishes with the new Siths. He is a man who survived until 91 years and was from the age of 15 in the army.

I mean Pellaeon*
  • Options

I mean Pellaeon*

There is an edit button.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

I mean Pellaeon*

There is an edit button.

Forum Unique:

When forum member uses edit button ability, 50% chance of forum sending post to spam filter.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I mean Pellaeon*

There is an edit button.

Forum Unique:

When forum member uses edit button ability, 50% chance of forum sending post to spam filter.

So that explains why something I tried to edit a while back wouldn't work. I just assumed it was because I tried to edit it like 4 times in 5 minutes.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    You are what people call a troll and an ****. There is no reason to go around hating on everyone and everything. No one wants to hear your hate-filled rants about how the originals are better than everything and how you hate every new movie. No one cares; let’s face it, your opinion does not matter. There are much bigger problems in the world and there is no need to be an **** about a minuscule thing that you think is a problem. Stop spreading hate and start spreading love!

• The_Purple_Prince
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    We need gay heroes and black heroes and Asian heroes. We need a fair representation of ALL people instead of just white cisgender men. No one wants to hear a racist rant about movies having diversity and good representation. Star Wars movies have not had that, but they are starting to (with small steps of course). Now stop your hating!

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I mean Pellaeon*

There is an edit button.

Forum Unique:

So that explains why something I tried to edit a while back wouldn't work. I just assumed it was because I tried to edit it like 4 times in 5 minutes.

It seems somewhat random, except the more you edit in a short space of time the more likely it happens. Sometimes it happens to me on the first edit even when I give it a few minutes.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Great. So, they have done it again. Who is this Poe character? No one has ever heard of him.
  • JuliusSkywalker
    509 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Iconic? Iconic in Legends, in Extended Universe or in Skywalker saga?

If you meant the Skywalker saga, then will be these following characters iconic?

Missing characters:
    - Bail Organa
    - Mon Mothma
    - Ahsoka Tano as 'Battle of Mandalore in Clone Wars' version
    Released characters:
    - Mace Windu (has to be better! Next touch up please!)
    - Qui-Gon Jinn (a little touch up!)
    - Anakin Skywalker
    - Luke Skywalker
    - Princess and Rebel Officer Leia Organa
    - Darth Vader
    - Darth Sidious
    - Emperor Palpatine
    - Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Master/Old Jedi Master 'Ben Kenobi')
    - General Grievous
    - Count Dooku
    - Padmé Amidala
    - Grand Moff Tarkin
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
    Not necessary characters:
    - Captain Tarkin
    - Darth Maul
    - Savage Opress
    - Quinlan Vos
    - Commander Tiian Jerjerrod
    - Jar Jar Binks