Iconic characters trumped by nobodies

Prev1
I am a huge Star Wars fan. So it pains me that the iconic characters from the series are completely overwhelmed by characters that no one has heard of.

Replies

• Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Who are you talking about
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Pretty much every character released in the last two years.

• Options
    Does he mean Mace being taken out by someone like CUP?
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    HankShank wrote: »
    Yeah. Who is this General Skywalker and why the hell is he meta??
  • Options

I know right.

And hey who are these dumb little robots name Grievous.

Makes no sense.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »

I know right.

And hey who are these dumb little robots name Grievous.

Makes no sense.

Robot...s?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Oh I get it. It’s a poorly thought out Old Republic complaint thread. Throw it on the pile with the others.
  • Options
    ok boomer
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Star Wars is big. Very big.

The characters you consider "iconic" and the characters someone else considers "iconic" are not the same list.

If I were to make a list of iconic Star Wars characters, it would include Gilad Pellaeon and Borsk Fey'lya. Two of the biggest and longest-running supporting characters in Legends, who give us perspective on the state of the Empire and the New Republic from the beginning of Legends all the way through the Vong war. And Ysanne Isard, the most compelling villain of the X-Wing novels. And Captain Alderaan himself, Tycho Celchu.

More common picks as iconic characters from the novels/comics include Thrawn (even before he came back in Rebels), Prince Xixor, Dash Rendar, the Solo siblings (to include Darth Caedus), Mara Jade, Winter, Guri, Darth Krayt, Darth Talon, Abeloth, Jagged Fell, Skippy the Jedi Droid, Kyle Katarn, and professional **** Corran Horn. For new canon novels, toss in characters like Rae Sloane, Eli Vanto, and Count Vidian.

To me all of these are important and iconic Star Wars characters. To people who never got into Legends they're a bunch of gobbledygook.

And that is fine. Star Wars is big. Not everyone gets into every part of Star Wars. And just because something comes from a piece of Star Wars that you personally are not invested in or even haven't consumed does not mean it is not important to someone else. Star Wars does not exist solely as you experience it.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    I feel you... Revan isn't strong enough in this game. They need to buff him or give him the redeemed version (two bladed).
    Also where is Valkorion and the eternal empire? What about Khem Val?
  • Options
    My only real complaint in this game of that nature is Nest. She’s a relatively minor SW character, yet she can single handedly defeat entire teams at similar gear levels (or even above).

I wish the devs changed her kit and refunded her mats etc to all players so that the investment on the full team mattered more than a single minor character such as her. And don’t get me wrong, I loved her character in the movie and thought she was really cool, I just think it makes no sense for a minor character to take out entire teams...
  • Options
    My only real complaint in this game of that nature is Nest. ... I loved her character in the movie and thought she was really cool, I just think it makes no sense for a minor character to take out entire teams...
    What movie?

• Options
    If you had to rank Darth Vader I doubt he’d crack top 50 Toons.... stuff like that. 100+ toons better than mace.

But really eventually Darth Vader needs to take his throne in swgoh. Maybe he will with new relic abilities.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    Trump?
  • Options
    Han Solo movie
    Oh. That's one of those movies made after Lucas left. Star Wars fans don't watch those.

• Options
    That's simply not how the game works. The way the game works is much, much worse: you can't counter a buyable meta with f2p characters. That's pretty much it.
  • Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    That's simply not how the game works. The way the game works is much, much worse: you can't counter a buyable meta with f2p characters. That's pretty much it.

Grevious countering Malak and Padme countering General Skywalker would say otherwise
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    Han Solo movie
    Oh. That's one of those movies made after Lucas left. Star Wars fans don't watch those.

gotta love it when "real" fans of Star wars come out to say what qualifies as a "real" fan
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options

Misunderstanding.
  • Options

Grevious countering Malak and Padme countering General Skywalker would say otherwise

That was meant to make you buy relics for Grievous. Don't worry, that will change as well as soon as they feel it's not ok anymore.
  • Options

That was meant to make you buy relics for Grievous. Don't worry, that will change as well as soon as they feel it's not ok anymore.

so you think they are going to waste development time on nerfing a counter to an old meta?

also, you could build a complete GG nuke team (with GG r7), completely F2P.
  • Options
    gotta love it when "real" fans of Star wars come out to say what qualifies as a "real" fan
    Take notes.
  • Options
    Han Solo movie

I'm new at this, I'm so nervous.... but here it goes:

Ok boomer.
  • Options
    Take notes.

I would rather not, sorry. I would rather continue going on loving a fantasy franchise about peacekeeping space wizards in the battle between good and evil.
  • Options
    plus, laser swords amirite?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    That's not how fandom works.

Many franchises change hands many times. Just because you don't like a new creative direction or director does not make the enjoyment of others invalid.

Jerry Siegel died over twenty years ago and wasn't involved in Superman long before that, but Superman fans have been enjoying Superman content that had nothing to do with Siegel for literally lifetimes.
    Yes, you can. And it's been done time and again, and is still done, and will be done again.

Not every cheesy interaction is healthy for the game. That doesn't mean nothing clever is allowed to work.
    Baseless speculation which would be long, LONG after Padme and Malak stopped remotely being a pay team, an assertion that could not be reasonably made past the second running of either event making your greater point just wrong.
    also, you could build a complete GG nuke team (with GG r7), completely F2P.
    You can build any team completely F2P.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Take notes.

Of whose silly opinions to ignore going forward? Done.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*