Advice for GW?

Prev1
Okay so I've beaten galactic war A few times and im getting to where I make it to the last 2 battles and just get murdered if I lose my main first and second team. Any tips?

Replies

• Options
    Need Barriss,Luminara,JC and your problem silver.
  • Zen
    126 posts Member
    Options
    What is your team?
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You want at least two healers. Lumi and JC are the easiest and quickest to 7* (though you don't need them fully star'd). I hear Barriss helps too but I don't yet have her as you need to be level 69 to just be able to farm her.

Here are some general strategy tips.

- You can retreat out of a battle to fully reset it if it goes bad (you do it on your own turn using the menu under the little gear in the upper-left corner).
    - You should utilize suicide squads and even single characters. You can send in just one guy (you'll get a warning that your team isn't full but can still proceed) to have the opposing team use up an ability or two like Doku's lightning and Lumi's silence. These cooldowns won't reset so you'll have a better chance of taking out some of them before they can lock you up.
    - Only send in a full suicide squad if you're actually planning on killing at least 1 character. Otherwise it's a waste of toons that you can be using in smaller quantities to leech abilities.
    - When retreating and then reentering the battle with the exact same team and set up (same positions for all characters), be sure to attack a different character and/or us a different power than the first time as if you do everything the same, the AI will also do the exact same thing with exactly the same results (it seems like once through, the system uses predetermined results each time unless you do something different. That includes abilities and even damage results: a crit the first time will be a crit every time).
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    I don't have barriss I do have the other two however. Should they be in a team together or separately? Cause my lumi is 5* with purple gear 3500+ power she definitely helps.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have barriss I do have the other two however. Should they be in a team together or separately? Cause my lumi is 5* with purple gear 3500+ power she definitely helps.

Same team. Be sure to upgrade JC's healing to level six for that double cooldown reduction. This is the main team I'm currently using at level 65.

QGJ 5* (leader)
    Lumi 6*
    Sid 6*
    JC 5*
    Eeth Koth 4*

All my guys have purple gear.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Zen wrote: »
    What is your team?

Phasma (leader), asajj v, darth vader, lumi, 5555's. That squad one

Qgj, dooku, kit fisto, plo koon, Lando
    That's squad 2 there all 4* plus for both teams

Plus I have at least 15 more 4* characters ranging from eeth koth, to cad bane. Not sure where I went wrong maybe I just leveled up the wrong characters.
  • Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    You want at least two healers. Lumi and JC are the easiest and quickest to 7* (though you don't need them fully star'd). I hear Barriss helps too but I don't yet have her as you need to be level 69 to just be able to farm her.

- You can retreat out of a battle to fully reset it if it goes bad (you do it on your own turn using the menu under the little gear in the upper-left corner).
    - You should utilize suicide squads and even single characters. You can send in just one guy (you'll get a warning that your team isn't full but can still proceed) to have the opposing team use up an ability or two like Doku's lightning and Lumi's silence. These cooldowns won't reset so you'll have a better chance of taking out some of them before they can lock you up.
    - Only send in a full suicide squad if you're actually planning on killing at least 1 character. Otherwise it's a waste of toons that you can be using in smaller quantities to leech abilities.
    - When retreating and then reentering the battle with the exact same team and set up (same positions for all characters), be sure to attack a different character and/or us a different power than the first time as if you do everything the same, the AI will also do the exact same thing with exactly the same results (it seems like once through, the system uses predetermined results each time unless you do something different. That includes abilities and even damage results: a crit the first time will be a crit every time).

Very well put answer I appreciate you taking the time to share this with me. I will use all of these tips thank you!
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »

Very well put answer I appreciate you taking the time to share this with me. I will use all of these tips thank you!

You're welcome and good luck! Btw, what level are you and how close to your level is your A-squad? Don't try to level too many characters at once. I generally keep my main team within two levels of me while everyone else is well below (most of my gays are 50-58 to my currently level 65).
  • Options
    Well I just reached level 61 and my mains lumi asajj, and 5555's are 60 with Vader and phasma level 55. My qgj, dooku, cad bane, are between 50-55 also I try to keep at least ten people close to my main level. Maybe I'm trying to much at once? I know now that JC should be focused on a little more tho now.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well I just reached level 61 and my mains lumi asajj, and 5555's are 60 with Vader and phasma level 55. My qgj, dooku, cad bane, are between 50-55 also I try to keep at least ten people close to my main level. Maybe I'm trying to much at once? I know now that JC should be focused on a little more tho now.

Yeah, 10 is way too many unless you're spending money to get more credits and droids. As you level up, it'll be impossible to keep up with that many and as a result you'll suffer overall. Just pickup you 5 and focus on those. Leave the rest where they are until you hit 70 and have your main guys fully leveled. To get from 60-70 it's 1m per character. Just to get from 6* to 7* it's 1m.

You'll want to focus on getting a good solid crew for GW as that's your bread and butter for credits. If you can finish it, it's almost 500k which will result in 3.5m per week. Without GW, you can only get about 1m per week.

I'd suggest you stop leveling Vader and focus on JC instead. Vader will be stuck at 4 stars for a very long time and be fairly meh in arena and GW as a result, while JC you can get to 7 relatively quickly and he's invaluable in GW and pretty good arena until you hit rank 100 or so and even then he's not too bad.

Be sure to clear all your dailies each day. The leveling portion doesn't really need to have a character leveled and using a single 1* droid will be enough. For the gear portion I just farm all the small gear for my low level characters and equip 1 piece each day. This will basically give you enough to keep completing dailies for a few months and those little guys will usually be used as suicide pieces anyway so their strength doesn't really matter.

If you can get 150 crystals per day (50 from dailies, 25 for full GW, 75+ for rank 200+), I'd suggest one refresh in Cantina (this will get you one Cantina shard purchase per day) and 1 regular refresh (so you can farm gear and nodes). If you can only get 100 crystals per day, then put it towards the Cantina.

DON'T spend your crystals on packs or individual nodes. It's a waste. Just use them for Cantina and regular energy refreshes.
  • Options
    I've been playing since January 1st. Intially I beat it a few times, but every time you level up it gets even harder.
    Soon I was fighting teams 10 levels higher.. Impossible to beat. I went the month of February with maybe 3 wins
    Now that I'm level 70 and have an A team of mostly 7*'s It's finally gotten easier, but I still use suicide squad(s)

Before and after the last update the complaint s are the same..
    It's too hard.. It's too easy... It is what it is
    Just advance as far as you can and don't let it bother you.. But anywho

My tips are the same as Yodoka

Now I don't strive to have B and C teams but over time the characters you collect add up
    Suicide B team :: know all your team will die, but try to kill at least one or more bad guys
    Suicide C team : a team of nobodys and let the opposing team use all their special moves (cooldowns)

2 healers
    Geoosian soldier is great for GW

Know your opponent, who to kill first

Retreat lol

• Options
    How do I retreat I've seen a few people talking about that and I still haven't figured that out yet. I one question how relevant is the shard shop amd can you trade shards? It sucks but It does make sense to put vader on the back burner for now and focus on another character. So besides JC out of these three (qgj, dooku, stormtrooper han) who should I focus on. And does it really matter which characters you use as a suicide squad and or solo suicide?
  • Options
    Barris at 4* is more helpful at GW than any toon with 7*.
    But lumi+jc is enough, fyi.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    How do I retreat I've seen a few people talking about that and I still haven't figured that out yet. I one question how relevant is the shard shop amd can you trade shards? It sucks but It does make sense to put vader on the back burner for now and focus on another character. So besides JC out of these three (qgj, dooku, stormtrooper han) who should I focus on. And does it really matter which characters you use as a suicide squad and or solo suicide?

Look in the upper-left corner of the screen during battle. You'll see a small gear. When it's your turn you can click on it. The bottom option will be retreat. This will completely reset the battle as if you didn't do anything. This is a good way to see if you can win the battle or see what the opposing team will do and then retreating to possibly change your strategy and/or characters. Try not to finish a battle with anyone form your main squad dying unless you have an a really good back up unless it's the final node. Having your good guys die in the middle of the run will likely result in you not being able to finish GW. If you lose anyone, just retreat and try again with a different strategy. GW can take a long time to finish sometimes. I often spend 45-60 minutes on it.

You can't access the shard shop until you have at least one 7* character and extra shards for him. So don't worry bout it.

I'd pick JC out of the three as you want at least 2 healers if you want to finish GW and he's really good due to his low cooldown on the heal and pretty decent damage. And you really don't have to choose between JC or GQJ. Farming JC in the Cantina leads to shard purchase for QGJ.

Suicide squad characters don't really matter as they're main purpose is to make the opposing teams use up cooldowns. You don't need to send in a full squad. You can send in as little as 1 character. I'll often send in a single tank (a character with high health) so that he can take a few hits by himself resulting in multiple cooldowns wasted by the opponent. Your Vader is actually a pretty good choice for this job as he should have 8k or more health.

Sending in a full squad of weak characters is often a poor choice if the opposing team has an AoE (area of effect) ability as it'll just kill them all at the same time. Only send in a full suicide squad if they're somewhat strong enough to put up a fight in hope of killing one or two opposing characters. If they're not, then just send in one at or two at a time.

• Options
    In mid battle click the symbol thing in the top left corner
    Hit retreat and you can start over with out loosing characters or energy.. And try again

I have a bunch of 30s 40s that I use to just get cool downs out the way.. It doesnt matter who they are, they die with one hit lol
    By b team is 50s / 60s is actually good characters, just not leveled or maxed up yet.. they are good for light, dark side battles.

You can't farm Vader.. You can gear him up, but other than that he's a bit useless for meme
    Thou I see him in Arena
  • Options
    Retreat is a must because you can try different chars and attack the enemy differently and it really works , good luck .
  • irvvri
    152 posts Member
    Options
    One of the things that helped me the most was figuring out what I refer to as the "Order of Annoyance", and focusing down those characters in that order. For example, depending on what level and * an opposing Dooku or Sideous is, I'll just use my QGJ assist and kill them. More often than not those two are the only ones that actually cause me trouble. Once those are gone it's generally smooth sailing from there. Two healer (minimum) is also essential. Occasionally I'll be feeling more confident and throw in another high DPS character in place of JC. In some cases, no matter what I do it's impossible to go through a battle without losing someone, so in that instance I go in with a squad with the sole intention of killing the most problematic person (at the very least).
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    irvvri wrote: »
    One of the things that helped me the most was figuring out what I refer to as the "Order of Annoyance", and focusing down those characters in that order. For example, depending on what level and * an opposing Dooku or Sideous is, I'll just use my QGJ assist and kill them. More often than not those two are the only ones that actually cause me trouble. Once those are gone it's generally smooth sailing from there. Two healer (minimum) is also essential. Occasionally I'll be feeling more confident and throw in another high DPS character in place of JC. In some cases, no matter what I do it's impossible to go through a battle without losing someone, so in that instance I go in with a squad with the sole intention of killing the most problematic person (at the very least).

Good point of the focus fire. I usually kill Sid first for the first six nodes as he's usually low enough level that I deal good damage and he dodges less despite my main team being 4/5 Jedi. Being able to heal is pretty key. After that point, I usually leave him until last as wasting attacks that are dodged just means more damage that you'll take during combat. At that point I'll try to kill either the weakest character first or one that has potential for most damage output, if I think I can kill them quickly enough before they get to attack.

• Options
    @ irvin
    Good one, I do the same. Again know your opponet I attack the lowest * toon first or the highest depending who it is
    Sometimes low *s are no problem and can be taken out later
    I use assist to take out "glass cannons" in 2 or 3 moves

Some toons have a target on their head...Daka must go first lol
  • Options
    Yeah dakas revive is not good. I am not a fan of fighting dooku or sid either. Order of annoyance was a good way to put that @irvvri you guys all have some valuable info that you have given me. And once I play my Gw tonight I will update as to weather or not I was able to put these tips to good use. However I have to work on JC quite a bit so I'll let you guys know. Thank you all you commented it is much obliged. One more thing. I have been farming old Ben for awhile and im like 10 shards away at this point I just want to get him for "achievement" purposes but is he at all useful?
  • Options
    Oops spelled whether wrong lol
  • Options
    My biggest regret has been spending the money I did on packs when I could have gotten much further farming wise. I now know though so future cash dropped on this game will be used wisely lol. Also I literally just got onto this forums page as of this morning I also regret not checking into it sooner because I've learned a lot about this game today lol
  • Options
    I learned a lot here, and I'm still learning
    I made mistakes in farming characters I thought were cool, but not so helpful. Now they are sitting on the back burner
    All those days waisted lol..

I learned don't buy chromium packs... But I'm going for an 8 pack tonight... Wish me luck
  • Options
    Luck is wished lol! Yup I'm learning all the time with this game it is by far the best app I have ever played and it has made me an even bigger star wars fan than I already was. Yeah I'm pretty much done with the packs especially when I got to where I was spending 20 a day easily and got either shards for useless characters or ones I didn't want. Would have been cool if something like shard shop would have been available alot sooner or didn't require you have a 7* char, as if it isn't hard enough getting someone there. But getting a random pack was not my favorite thing especially when I'm paying actual money lol and luck is just not in my side when it came to that hah.
  • Options
    But these are the comments I like I hat when some random **** hops on a discussion simply being a **** face lmao.
  • Options
    I bought that 11$ , 21 days of crystals, not too bad
    And i've waited like 10 days or less to earn enough for an 8pack I deserve it lol
    And will regret buying it like the last time I did.. :/

I unlocked the shad shop, but you need a ton of extra shads to buy. I won't be able to buy anything for a long...long long time
    And what appears in the shop is random

• Options
    Of course it's random. Not trying to sound stupid but what do you mean by extra shards?
  • Options
    Ohhh to level up a character u collect shards.
    To level up to lv.7*'s costs 100 shards.
    Now let's say u have 105..the 5 extra can be converted to points/tokens in the Shard shop
    But it's not an even trade.
  • Options
    Of course it's random. Not trying to sound stupid but what do you mean by extra shards?

When a character reaches 7 stars, any additional shards you obtain for that character are essentially wasted. That is, until the shard shop, where you can dump those extra shards for shard shop currency to buy shards for other characters. The exchange rate is extremely poor at 1:10, and even worse for the shard shop exclusive character, General Grievous, at 1:15. But the shop exists so that people who buy chromiums and end up with a bunch of excess shards have something to do with what is otherwise useless game-wise.
  • Options
    Wow another incredibly horrible ratio -.-