Spending GET1

Prev1
Let's assume we've accepted reality and move past the merits of having to spend GET1 on characters. I'd like to know if people are going to continue to hoard GET1 after they complete all the toons in the store for a possible next time, or if they are going to spend on gear again.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Replies

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Let's assume we've accepted reality and move past the merits of having to spend GET1 on characters. I'd like to know if people are going to continue to hoard GET1 after they complete all the toons in the store for a possible next time, or if they are going to spend on gear again.

I'll probably save until I reach about 75k and then spend. Then if they release a character I'll be ready to unlock, and then save up to 75k again. But I'll never not spend, no point in always saving for the next best thing. The best thing is like free beer tomorrow.
  • Options
    I'll do what I've been doing since Malak: hoard back up to 70k and then spend as I earn, never going below 70k.
  • Options
    Better to save.
  • Options
    CG keeps telling us not to hoard, and that it isn't necessary, which means of course we need to HOARD MORE. Heck I'm even saving GAC currency, which is super hard to get, and despite CG promising they aren't putting a character in there... Seems like the perfect place for them to put a key character... for... reasons?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i started spending after GET2 was introduced, assuming any new character would require GET2. I was wrong.
    I will do the same as others have mentioned, hoard 70/75k and spend the rest from now on.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Hoard 70-75k then start to spend it. Lovely concept isn’t it? CG says we shouldn’t hoard but their release model forces our hands
  • Options
    Save all currencies forever don't spend anything ever
  • Options
    It's EA/CG new policy... Don't even spend anymore ...
    And if the new Rey and Kylo are unlocked at 5 stars with R7 requirements, you can uninstall the game ....
  • Options
    Can never spend it, it’s the precedent they set with GAS. They do that so it forces people to hoard and spend crystals on gear
  • Options
    I'm saving enough for Malak and Anakin, and after that I'm spending. Doesn't make sense to save for a rainy day when there's already a storm outside--got to get gear somehow.

Besides, if a new character DOES come out, then I won't be unlocking them on the first try anyway, so I can start saving again for when they come back the second time.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    CG keeps telling us not to hoard, and that it isn't necessary, which means of course we need to HOARD MORE. Heck I'm even saving GAC currency, which is super hard to get, and despite CG promising they aren't putting a character in there... Seems like the perfect place for them to put a key character... for... reasons?

Oh, they will definitely put a character in there. Count on it.
  • Options
    Let's keep it real. 75k is to get one character to 7 star. What happens when they release two characters simultaneously that synergize together. You'll wish you saved 140k. Just save, save, save.
  • Options
    Oh, hey, yeah, that's a point I hadn't considered, but here's one you might have overlooked--what if they release SEVEN characters?
  • Options
    Spend it, spend it all, I need gear.

4 Characters in that store, to get them all would take years of saving.

I'm new enough to just not care about those 4 & spend for gear on all the others I have.

Maybe someday I'll save for Malac since he really helps that team. The rest, meh.
  • Options
    4 Characters in that store, to get them all would take years of saving.

Eh, not really. It took a couple months for Yoda and Wampa, and it'll take a couple months more to save for each of Malak and Anakin, but it really doesn't take as long as you think. Especially since you get 145 Malak and Anakin shards free when you complete the event. You may even have gotten 10 from the anniversary gift.

I highly recommend to newer players that they should at least unlock every character so that they've got a jump when something comes along that requires them, or when that character gets reworked in some way. Preferably 7* them, because once they're 7* you're ready for anything.

That said, you do you. But that's my recommendation.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    They claim they want you to not hoard, but you need to.

Source?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Source?

For example: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/217882/developer-q-a-11-01/p1

Q: Why is the game designed around hoarding resources?

A: CG_Miller - This is kind of a backwards way to think of this, but I can understand the perspective. We try to make the game engaging for all players for the time they are playing the game. This will sometimes mean that goals involve a high number of resources that we would expect a player to spend time farming. The unfortunate side effect to this is that players who were not spending those resources previously will see themselves as having a leg up compared to the other players. So in short, our goal is not to design around hoarding resources, but for those resources to be acquired and consumed over time.
  • Options
    Hoard enough for the next major toon that unlocks at 5*. I’ll only spend what I have above that. (After I finish getting my remaining GAS shards).
  • Options
    I agree with the consensus here, I plan on hoarding my GET1 and establishing 70k as my zero. Those stun guns are just so tempting.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

Source?

For example: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/217882/developer-q-a-11-01/p1

A: CG_Miller - This is kind of a backwards way to think of this, but I can understand the perspective. We try to make the game engaging for all players for the time they are playing the game. This will sometimes mean that goals involve a high number of resources that we would expect a player to spend time farming. The unfortunate side effect to this is that players who were not spending those resources previously will see themselves as having a leg up compared to the other players. So in short, our goal is not to design around hoarding resources, but for those resources to be acquired and consumed over time.

Yes, acquired and consumed over time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    What they say and what they do are different. They say they dont want you to hoard, then they force your hand. The best way to stay competitive is to hoard for the next big thing. Galaxy of Hoarders ;)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Source?

i mean, he acknowledges that hoarding gives players a leg up vs others that don't...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    GET store: This is not the gear you're looking for.
  • Options
    I spend it on the gear I need to continue upgrading toons I want to upgraded to G12/G13. I have 3 G13 and 8 G12 so I’m not at a point in the game where I would benefit from hoarding it.
  • Options
    I don't have GS yet, but I plan to treat 70k as zero after I get him.

I'm also hoarding GAC currency because I absolutely don't trust their statement that they don't want to put characters there. I spend a bit on Kyro but less than I gain - I'm up to 20k in reserve.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    They may put a character in the GAC store. If they do increase the rewards, there'd be basis to do such.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I’m going to save 140k! Someone ask me how it’s going in 2021 plz
    Maybe End Game isn't for you