Calling 100% F2P players with 4M plus GP and in top arena ranks

Prev1
GladiatorAlien
28 posts Member
edited December 2019
This game has been harsh and becoming tougher and tougher for F2P players. As i unlocked GAS yesterday yesterday, realized it will be hard to keep up without motivation without like minded people who just know how not to give up no matter what challenge this game throws at us.

Lot of older F2P folks who started with me 4 plus years back had dropped out at different stages or started spending. Very few of my older bunch remain.

Calling out to all F2P players (not even occasional spends, 100% F2P) who have 4M plus GP, keeping good arena ranks and plan to stick around. Message here on this thread with your profile, ally code or comments. I would like to know you, and strategize how we can stay this way.

I fall in this category, maintain top 10 in both arena and lead The Legion of Force Guild.
Ally code: 873-179-669
https://swgoh.gg/p/873179669/
I created discord server for F2P: https://discord.gg/9CZBDMG to share learnings.

May the force be with us all!
Post edited by GladiatorAlien on

Replies

• Options
    4M is a pretty low threshold for a 4 year olf account.

Top FTP account I'm aware of is over 6M GP

https://swgoh.gg/p/476971282/
  • GladiatorAlien
    28 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    yea i know. I took a break in between - decided to drop and started playing again...Hurted progress badly. Thanks for writing. Is that your swgoh profile John? Very impressive if its 100% F2P
  • Options
    No one cares if you’re F2P or not 🙄

Searching for profiles 4 mill and up would have done just fine, doesn’t make a difference if you support the game or not don’t see how it would kill your progress being with someone that spends.
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/p/278147258/

Talk to me on discord if you like. I won't join your guild though ;)
  • Options
    Ftp are like vegans...
  • GladiatorAlien
    28 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @GreenGoblin have you been F2P always - not occasional spend either?
    haha and yea no need to join my guild. I wanted to know more F2P players...
  • GladiatorAlien
    28 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @JDIII that's exactly what i wanted to know... I am interesting in knowing how high F2P can go. If there are others F2P that can be role model makes sense in playing game, else I quit.
    I know 4M is doable, and I know i ave done that without spending a penny.. had i not taken it slow for few half a year may be 5M.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    No one cares if you’re F2P or not 🙄

Searching for profiles 4 mill and up would have done just fine, doesn’t make a difference if you support the game or not don’t see how it would kill your progress being with someone that spends.

Obviously because spenders can/will just spend to make up for their shortcommings, f2p players can't/won't which affects the best course of action in some cases. Oversimplified ofcourse, but it's true to a certain extent.
    Other than that i agree, good advice is good advice no matter who gives it.
    PS. This game is much harder without spending money, so my f2p achievements are much more impressive than those of a p2p player who achieved the same thing. =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    4.7m ftp since launch
    463-598-918
  • Lovimgsaskia1
    371 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    6 million all ftp, lol yeah right, you believed them?

Not too much of a stretch as you think, one of our members who is ftp is 5.4m and he has been in our guild since day 1. The average who have been with us since day 1 is 5m, I only dropped due to time away with work.
  • Options
    @GreenGoblin have you been F2P always - not occasional spend either?
    haha and yea no need to join my guild. I wanted to know more F2P players...

Always since start, february 2016
  • Options
    I’m 4.8m all ftp, but I’m not a bore about being ftp..

*waiting for Edward to rock up in this thread*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    I’m 4.8m all ftp, but I’m not a bore about being ftp..

*waiting for Edward to rock up in this thread*

You're that special kind of f2p player who doesn't even brag about being f2p, that's even more impressive. Go you !
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    F2p but cant be in top 10 or even top 20 in arena.
    So with every day top 1 arena 6M don t seems impossible.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/454596824/
    And remember pg are still boosted on swgoh.gg. i m only 5.2M
  • Options
    Chonsp wrote: »
    F2p but cant be in top 10 or even top 20 in arena.
    So with every day top 1 arena 6M don t seems impossible.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/454596824/
    And remember pg are still boosted on swgoh.gg. i m only 5.2M

I've been rank 1 almost everyday for more than 3 years and I barely passed the 5M threshold. Maybe only posting 0s on the Sith raid is holding me back, but 6M still sounds pretty impossible for f2p
  • Options
    The 6m is likely the lingering the effect of the GP glitch as Chonsp stated, I'm F2P at 5.5m but it's recorded as 5.8m on swgoh.gg and in my stats tab in game.
  • Options
    I created a discord server for us to share learnings and getting to know other F2P...
    https://discord.gg/9CZBDMG
  • Options
    Damodamo great to know that. you know what - F2P is like playing those arcade games in super hard mode. No offense to those who spend money. They are in different league. But when you don't have assists of buying things, it's like taking up the challenge and unlocking new characters and stay competitive. I like playing it that way.
  • Options
    4M is a pretty low threshold for a 4 year olf account.

Top FTP account I'm aware of is over 6M GP

https://swgoh.gg/p/476971282/

I took 1.5 years off and am at 3M
  • Options
    100% FTP here.
    I can't remember exactly when I started; it was March, but I can't remember what year. I want to say 2016.

I'm currently at 4.77 million GP.

I get top 5 in fleets (#1 most days) using a Rebel fleet. Battles against Negotiator are tough but winnable. Battles against Malevolence is easy.

But I'm only just scraping into top 100 in regular arena using CLS and have recently missed out on that a couple of times.

In both my arena teams it's the use of relics that have kept them somewhat viable.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    100% FTP here.
    I can't remember exactly when I started; it was March, but I can't remember what year. I want to say 2016.

I'm currently at 4.77 million GP.

I get top 5 in fleets (#1 most days) using a Rebel fleet. Battles against Negotiator are tough but winnable. Battles against Malevolence is easy.

But I'm only just scraping into top 100 in regular arena using CLS and have recently missed out on that a couple of times.

In both my arena teams it's the use of relics that have kept them somewhat viable.

I hear you dude. I've been trying to figure out why BSF is so good at avoiding being hit by Chewie assisting Han while he Shoot's 1st. It really is the determining factor in me beating DR Malak teams. Her foresight ability from her zeta can't be the mechanic because sometimes chew lands it.
    66np51obt474.png
  • Options
    I hear you dude. I've been trying to figure out why BSF is so good at avoiding being hit by Chewie assisting Han while he Shoot's 1st. It really is the determining factor in me beating DR Malak teams. Her foresight ability from her zeta can't be the mechanic because sometimes chew lands it.

Are you sure you've seen Chewie hit her?
    There was a period where Chewie was bugged and doing extra assists that would hit.
    But with the standard Han, Chewie, Han attack, I've never seen Chewie hit, but instead just remove the foresight.

I've found for really fast Badstilas, I'm better off ignoring her on the opening attack and have Han take out someone like HK47, then have R2 stealth everyone except himself. That way Darth Revan doesn't strike my CLS lead and shut my team down, and then I can kill Badstila.
  • Options
    who else are F2P... been satisfying to know there are more of our species... in 3M 4M range.. discrod is growing too... pls join if interested..
  • Options
    @Nerf - i think this is bugged Chewie time when he used to land that. I don't see that happening now.
  • Options
    I hit 4 Mil recently. I've always been F2P, although up until recently that's been by situation rather choice. Frankly, I think elder F2Ps are doing okay. My guild has the occasional spender, but we're still growing fast without it. I mean, we're nearing 30 stars level of good. And I haven't had any trouble keeping up, even without dropping a dime on this game.
  • Options
    This thread really needs to recruit more, because right now the convo in that discord channel kinda sucks