Disappointment

Prev134
I'm disappointed with all the guys who told me as a new player to acquire Phoenix players and then in turn get Thrawn and his ship. If I had to do it all over again, I'd just get the characters necessary to go straight for the Revans. Thrawn's overrated. And squishy as hell.

Replies

• UdalCuain
    5033 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Strongly disagree. He's still one of the best plug and play characters we have.

Mine's at 92k combined health and protection, so not the highest but he's modded for speed, and he's a support character anyway, not a tank.
  • Options
    Yeah, but Phoenix also gets Palps, are a C-team on defence, and Ezra kind of has a place on some JKR teams.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    "Thrawn's overrated"

Good one.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    "Thrawn's overrated"

Good one.

Stole mine.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    If I had to do it all over again, I'd just get the characters necessary to go straight for the Revans.
    You should have gone for Padme so that you wouldn't need to use Clones and fail against her.
  • Options
    You’re kidding right?

Thrawn is an immense toon and his fracture alongside TM swap / cleanse / protection regen special makes him a must in every roster.

Maybe yours would be better if you stuck on a zeta and have him more than +90 speed?
  • Options
    Lmao I can't with this post.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    your swgoh.gg profile shows that you have 14 g13 toons, so i can only assume you farmed phoenix ages ago during a time when you weren't able to farm for the revans yet.
    Then again, i haven't been a new player in ages so i probably don't know what i'm talking about. I assume the players who do give advice do though, but maybe it's outdated.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    "Thrawn's overrated"

Good one.

I've seen him listed in the same category (Grandmaster) as Darth Revan, Jedi Knight Revan and Malak. There is no way in any Universe that Thrawn is in the same league as these 3. Nice try.

His lead is questionable, his damage dealing is medium, he's squishy, and if you have him modded very fast as many players do, his Fracture (his one very useful & reliable feature) won't last that long.

And don't even get me laughing about Phoenix. Farming them is like most guys **** their beer money away on Coors Light. They don't even get used after a certain point.

My advice: Go straight for the Revans

I would put him up there with the characters you mentioned. Also, apart from some Malak solos on GA, trying plugging one of those guys into random teams and see how they do, they aren't as great without their supporting cast. I'd argue Thrawn has far more utility.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    "Thrawn's overrated"

Good one.

Stole mine.

I'll take my clones (even without Shaak Ti!!!😯😄) against your best Thrawn Empire team all day long. Ol' Thrawny won't even see a turn!
    💥👀🗯"Dear Lord!" 😂🤣

That explains why you think thrawn is bad, you think he leads the teams he is best on lol
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    "Thrawn's overrated"

Good one.

Stole mine.

I'll take my clones (even without Shaak Ti!!!😯😄) against your best Thrawn Empire team all day long. Ol' Thrawny won't even see a turn!
    💥👀🗯"Dear Lord!" 😂🤣

He probably would get a turn. Most people have decent mods on him.
  • UdalCuain
    5033 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    You’re kidding right?

Thrawn is an immense toon and his fracture alongside TM swap / cleanse / protection regen special makes him a must in every roster.

Maybe yours would be better if you stuck on a zeta and have him more than +90 speed?

His base speed is 150+

He means the mods you have only add 90 speed. You need to be aiming for 120+ as a minimum I reckon. 90 is heartbreaking.
  • Options
    You had me up until "Thrawn's overrated." He's one of the best characters in the game and helps in so many ways. I do however agree with you that Phoenix isn't the absolute best way to go when you start. The path is still viable, but now there are plenty of other paths you can take that arguably are way better in the long run.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    your swgoh.gg profile shows that you have 14 g13 toons, so i can only assume you farmed phoenix ages ago during a time when you weren't able to farm for the revans yet.
    Then again, i haven't been a new player in ages so i probably don't know what i'm talking about. I assume the players who do give advice do though, but maybe it's outdated.

There are other pathways to acquiring g13 NS sooner that some consider to be "unnatural".

I'm not sure what that means.
    I also don't understand why you're saying phoenix is bad advice at this point in the game you're at now. You're either talking about ages ago, or someone gave you the wrong advice because he didn't realize at what point of the game you were at. If you've got 14 g13 toons, a roughly g8/9 phoenix team isn't the reason you don't have either revan unlocked yet.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    "Thrawn's overrated"

Good one.

I've seen him listed in the same category (Grandmaster) as Darth Revan, Jedi Knight Revan and Malak. There is no way in any Universe that Thrawn is in the same league as these 3. Nice try.

His lead is questionable, his damage dealing is medium, he's squishy, and if you have him modded very fast as many players do, his Fracture (his one very useful & reliable feature) won't last that long.

And don't even get me laughing about Phoenix. Farming them is like most guys **** their beer money away on Coors Light. They don't even get used after a certain point.

I would put him up there with the characters you mentioned. Also, apart from some Malak solos on GA, trying plugging one of those guys into random teams and see how they do, they aren't as great without their supporting cast. I'd argue Thrawn has far more utility.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Try Thrawn (mod him properly first) , DR and JKR as a fifth in each of these teams:
    CLS rebels
    Traya lead sith
    EP empire
    JTR Resistance
    First Order
    and for the fun of it, Ewoks.

Let me know which is the most useful.
  • Options
    "Thrawn's overrated"

Good one.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Try Thrawn (mod him properly first) , DR and JKR as a fifth in each of these teams:
    CLS rebels
    Traya lead sith
    EP empire
    JTR Resistance
    First Order
    and for the fun of it, Ewoks.

Let me know which is the most useful.

Heck, toss him into a Darth revan team and watch him make up for a slower BSF in a mirror. Works wonders
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    You’re kidding right?

His base speed is 150+

He means the mods you have only add 90 speed. You need to be aiming for 120+ as a minimum I reckon. 90 is heartbreaking.

I've had Thrawn around 300 before (then used those mods elsewhere). He's a good character on his own, but farming Phoenix to get him when you could farm better characters to get the superior Revans & Malak, makes no sense to me unless you don't care about getting crushed & just want to farm for sentiment.

Part of the issue is thinking about farming order in the mindset of a veteran player. Sure, phoenix are not great and the Revans are elite teams, but for a new player Phoenix leads you to so many things (including the single best plug and play character in the game):

2 legendaries that can form a core of a solid B level squad(EP and thrawn)
    2/5 of a legendary who is key to a Revan squad (gmy)
    A solid capital ship for early fleet arena
    The core of a very good fleet meta lineup (phx ships and other rebels used for Chimera)

That is a solid list of valuable outcomes from phoenix, which while no longer the only good option for starting, is still the best imo
  • Options
    I give up. But it is worth noting so far no one has shared your opinion that he is overrated.
This discussion has been closed.