Missing WT and KAM shards

Can we get an update on the issue that happened approximately 2 months ago? Pretty please?

I would put this in the Q&A but somehow I got the feeling that this question would not be selected. Also, I find this way better to raise awareness.

Replies

• Options
    No soup for you!
  • Options
    There will be no compensation. Too much time has elapsed and they don't spend enough time on bugs. That's the kind of thing that gets them accused of being on autopilot mode so frequently.
  • Options
    I thought the same for the WT shards, but the KAM shards are likely going to anger the whales as well. So there is some little hope I guess.
  • Options
    If it benefits the players,its not on top of the priority list,look at malak fiasco.Sad company they make so much money and cant fix anything.
  • Options
    I wonder if there is any way the devs are going to be able to backtrack and figure out who earned how many shards that they didn't receive, at this point. We just noticed we were missing a bunch from this time around.
  • Options
    Us too! We are missing Wat shards from 2019 and now we are missing shards from 2020. I have also put this in the dev survey.
  • Options
    Here is my idea of what happened....

CG previously had not set a requirement to get a star before receiving shards.

Folks figured this bug out and exploited it by doing the mission twice and getting extra shards.

CG figures this out and changes it to require a star before paying out shards.

Folks sent a bug report in because they are no longer able to double dip. (This is before they made the event free for all, I.e no required toons)

They make the event free for all, but folks hoping to double dip (or can’t) choose not to get a star. In attempt to exploit the bug they do not get any shards.

Then comes the ki event and no one gets shards.

So they identify the issue (requiring a star) and remove the requirement of needing 1 Star to receive shards. They make the update to simply block people from doing the mission twice.

Now they are likely trying to determine who the folks are that didn’t get shards because they COULDNT get a star and who was trying to expose a bug and get extra shards.

This is just my 2 cents. None of this has been confirmed but this is the conclusion I came to after the research I did the last couple of days.

• Options
    Yah well we got zero shards from November and zero shards from yesterday's action, so there goes your theory. And we have had people try and see if you could get "double" shards and it locks you out the second day.
  • Options
    marcusopus wrote: »
    Yah well we got zero shards from November and zero shards from yesterday's action, so there goes your theory. And we have had people try and see if you could get "double" shards and it locks you out the second day.
    Did you guys get a star both times?
  • Options
    We didn't get a star but we still got the wat shards.
  • Options
    The game doesn't allow you to get stars on two different days. Now do you mean did we eventually get stars in that zone? Yes we did. We will this time too course. People completed the watt mission yesterday, and no shards.
  • Options
    Victims too here! Feel you bro
  • Options
    Many people contemplated how the actual rewars is somehow related to the star-progress on that specified sector.

While I did not perform a wide-range testing i can definitely confirm that so far we stopped before the 1 star thresfold in the "Battleground" sector (not for exploiting anything just due to pure tactical reasons) every single time, but we only did not get the WT shards when the combat mission restrictions were temporary lifted.

So my guess has been so far that the bug was related to the restrictions until i heard that they screwed up KAM, and the WT bug reoccured this TB again. (we recently scored 0 stars on Battleground and got the shards delivered on schedule)

At this point I do not really care at all about the reasons.

First of, before CG finally admitted the mistake, and even before the reddit posts we had some mails with the Customet Service, where we have been informed that our guild is currently not participating in the TB.

Now just for the effect I will repeat this but slowly. Not participating in the ongoing TB. Not on Geonosis, nor on Hoth.

When we could not make the CS understand that this is just simply impossible, because TB launches automatically and has no restrictions of participating (in case of Hoth at least) I had to realize that CS has little to no control of their own database, and their understanding of their own game is sorrowfully limited.

This theory of mine gor further support when they finally offered official thread and contact on the forum. So we had to mail the details to them including the completed missions "not to be confused with the total number of attempts which is the one shown in Geo TB when selecting the mission" - word by word quoting from EA_MindTricks (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Missing-Wat-Tambor-shards/td-p/8412162)

Asking for this piece of information means in my opinion that they dont have it.

The more I think about it the worse it gets.

At this point I think simply delivering 50 shards would be the cleanest solution. But we are likely to get 50 crytals instead.
  • Options
    So it looks like if you "slow" play the phase and attempt the SM's before you star the phase, they simply won't count and you will get zero Wat shards. My advice to you guys, since it looks like CG will never address this, is to wait until you star the zone before you do the SM. It's definitely "broken" and it looks like it will never be "fixed" so we have to adapt. We will do that next time TB comes up and see if that works since we received earned Wat shards during the last day of TB.
  • Options
    marcusopus wrote: »
    So it looks like if you "slow" play the phase and attempt the SM's before you star the phase, they simply won't count and you will get zero Wat shards. My advice to you guys, since it looks like CG will never address this, is to wait until you star the zone before you do the SM. It's definitely "broken" and it looks like it will never be "fixed" so we have to adapt. We will do that next time TB comes up and see if that works since we received earned Wat shards during the last day of TB.

This isn't right. We deliberately stop when just before we earn a star in the middle in the Wat territory (we three star it in phase 4 instead), and we've never had a problem receiving our Wat shards.

Most common time I've seen it happen is when people haven't starred the bottom territory in Phase 2, but get a star in the middle. So in phase 3 there are two special missions that can be played (the Acklay and the Wat mission) and the game seems to not cope with trying to distribute two different special mission rewards at the same time.
  • Options
    Jpfit262 wrote: »
    Here is my idea of what happened....

CG previously had not set a requirement to get a star before receiving shards.

Folks figured this bug out and exploited it by doing the mission twice and getting extra shards.

CG figures this out and changes it to require a star before paying out shards.

Folks sent a bug report in because they are no longer able to double dip. (This is before they made the event free for all, I.e no required toons)

They make the event free for all, but folks hoping to double dip (or can’t) choose not to get a star. In attempt to exploit the bug they do not get any shards.

Then comes the ki event and no one gets shards.

So they identify the issue (requiring a star) and remove the requirement of needing 1 Star to receive shards. They make the update to simply block people from doing the mission twice.

Now they are likely trying to determine who the folks are that didn’t get shards because they COULDNT get a star and who was trying to expose a bug and get extra shards.

This is just my 2 cents. None of this has been confirmed but this is the conclusion I came to after the research I did the last couple of days.

There was no double dipping. If you attempt the special mission, but your guild doesn't get a star, you (as the individual in your guild) can't play the mission a second time in the next phase. It's marked as completed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    For updates on bugs you can check Answers HQ or the dev tracker.

They seem to have a solution on the shard issue and are ready to push it out.

https://trello.com/b/vgQhKHMf/swgoh-developer-tracker
This discussion has been closed.