Underrated G13/Relic Characters?

Replies

• Options
    Malachi wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Someone earlier asked about relic Dooku... mine is r5 and is phenomenal in Geo TB, and just fine in pvp modes. He's still just so, so squishy even with the health and defense boosts that if anyone uses one of the top 5-6 tiered teams against him if you've used him on defense then he just dies and can't do much. The damage has increased quite a bit though so on offense he can really be useful against quite a few teams. His shock is doing 65k+ damage and usually around 18-20k on his basic.

All in all I'm happy I upgraded Dooku, but there are still better options out there.

How do you have Dooku modded?

I've tried it about 10 different ways. Crit Damage, Offense, Speed + Potency, High Tenacity... no matter what you do you'll be lacking in one way or the other unless you have absolute God mods. And if you do, you're better off using them elsewhere rather than on Count Dooku because you'll still be too squishy in the end.

I disagree, my R7 Dooku hits for 40k on basic (60 with offense up) and I've had his special hit for 200k. I roll with an offense set, offense arrow and cross. CD triangle, protection circle. He's already fast, so speed isn't all that important.

I also have R7 Nest, fun for GAC. I save her for offense and typically get an easy clear on most b teams. R5 FOX is a blast with Hux. He's hitting at 60k on basic followed by 30k with Sith Trooper.

There's always someone who claims their Count Dooku is the greatest and can beat every team that's ever existed. It doesn't happen. If you bring him against a CLS squad, what happens? He gets obliterated in one Han/Chewie volley. Against Sith Empire? He can't do enough damage/survive long enough to do anything. Jedi Revan? Same. Grievous? Can't make a dent in the droids and one good Grievous hit wipes him out. Clones? If you don't have a lot of speed on yours then they are running circles around him and with one tenacity up buff from Rex your stuns do nothing.

Just because Dooku can handle ewoks or Carth teams doesn't mean he's a great relic character. He improves a lot over the G12 version, but it's not like you're getting anything near an elite level toon.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Someone earlier asked about relic Dooku... mine is r5 and is phenomenal in Geo TB, and just fine in pvp modes. He's still just so, so squishy even with the health and defense boosts that if anyone uses one of the top 5-6 tiered teams against him if you've used him on defense then he just dies and can't do much. The damage has increased quite a bit though so on offense he can really be useful against quite a few teams. His shock is doing 65k+ damage and usually around 18-20k on his basic.

All in all I'm happy I upgraded Dooku, but there are still better options out there.

I've tried it about 10 different ways. Crit Damage, Offense, Speed + Potency, High Tenacity... no matter what you do you'll be lacking in one way or the other unless you have absolute God mods. And if you do, you're better off using them elsewhere rather than on Count Dooku because you'll still be too squishy in the end.

I disagree, my R7 Dooku hits for 40k on basic (60 with offense up) and I've had his special hit for 200k. I roll with an offense set, offense arrow and cross. CD triangle, protection circle. He's already fast, so speed isn't all that important.

I also have R7 Nest, fun for GAC. I save her for offense and typically get an easy clear on most b teams. R5 FOX is a blast with Hux. He's hitting at 60k on basic followed by 30k with Sith Trooper.

I keep seeing these claims that max-relic Dooku becomes an absolute goliath and I just struggle to believe it. Mine has okay mods at G12 and he hits for like, 6k on his basic. It seems improbable that relics alone cause him to do ten times as much damage.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

I keep seeing these claims that max-relic Dooku becomes an absolute goliath and I just struggle to believe it. Mine has okay mods at G12 and he hits for like, 6k on his basic. It seems improbable that relics alone cause him to do ten times as much damage.

Well, to be fair a g12 dooku has what, just over 2k physical offence? A R7 dooku has over 5k offence and extra crit damage. So that combined with modding for offence rather than speed/potency would make a big difference.
  • Options
    I love my r7 Ezra. He was the first character I put a zeta on and among the first that I took to g13. He does more damage in raids than GMY and JKA and is great to have for 3v3 or for undersized teams in regular GAC. I particularly like to run him under CLS with r7 Han and Chewie.

He also turns the Phantom II into an absolute beast with over 10k damage even though Sabine and Chopper are barely geared. I still use the Phantom with my Negotiator fleet for the faster RI. It's a great way to overcome the disadvantage of a lesser starred capital ship.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    lladdir wrote: »

Well, to be fair a g12 dooku has what, just over 2k physical offence? A R7 dooku has over 5k offence and extra crit damage. So that combined with modding for offence rather than speed/potency would make a big difference.

5k offense at r7 is far from monster offense
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Is 40k monster damage? No. Is it a massive improvement over the wet noodle slapping dooku does at g12? Yes.
    What I’m pointing out is that going from g12 to R7 is probably enough to go from 6k damage to 40k damage assuming you weren’t running damage mods, since g12 dooku is a noodle, and switch to running damage mods. ‘damage’ being offence/crit damage sets with a focus on offence primaries and secondaries.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

Is 40k monster damage? No. Is it a massive improvement over the wet noodle slapping dooku does at g12? Yes.
    What I’m pointing out is that going from g12 to R7 is probably enough to go from 6k damage to 40k damage assuming you weren’t running damage mods, since g12 dooku is a noodle, and switch to running damage mods. ‘damage’ being offence/crit damage sets with a focus on offence primaries and secondaries.

Sure, there's a difference. There better be. But it doesn't show that it's a great investment over any other R7.

Dooku, imo, isn't meant to be an offensive powerhouse. What makes him dangerous is his multi attacks, counter attacks, and stuns. He already has these without the investment of R7.

He's a solid toon, but I'm just saying that touting his damage alone is not enough of a selling point.

Edit: also you suggest modding for dmg rather than potency, in which you reduce one of his strongest attributes, stuns, for what is still less than stellar dmg. That would, imo, weaken him as a whole.
  • Options
    Anyone had any use out of g13 savage ?
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Sith Assassin. Seeing some pretty nice crits that ignore protection. Mine is only r5 and built only for speed for use with Traya yet she crits high. Can't wait to see what she can do at r7 with a CD build together with Savage or Dooku, or both for that matter.
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

There's always someone who claims their Count Dooku is the greatest and can beat every team that's ever existed. It doesn't happen. If you bring him against a CLS squad, what happens? He gets obliterated in one Han/Chewie volley. Against Sith Empire? He can't do enough damage/survive long enough to do anything. Jedi Revan? Same. Grievous? Can't make a dent in the droids and one good Grievous hit wipes him out. Clones? If you don't have a lot of speed on yours then they are running circles around him and with one tenacity up buff from Rex your stuns do nothing.

Just because Dooku can handle ewoks or Carth teams doesn't mean he's a great relic character. He improves a lot over the G12 version, but it's not like you're getting anything near an elite level toon.

Actually I'm seeing pretty much exactly the same with my r7 Dooku. He is a beast from hell. In GA I use him mainly to solo entire g12 teams. Seriously.

Edit: Dooku is in fact by far one of the best toons in the game at r7. I thought people were catching up on this by now.
  • Options
    Treeburner wrote: »

Also yes mine is r5. He improves a lot for sure but nothing out of the ordinary so to speak. However it does let you get more use out of his zeta as he gets tankier, and his damage improves as well.
  • Options

Sure, there's a difference. There better be. But it doesn't show that it's a great investment over any other R7.

Dooku, imo, isn't meant to be an offensive powerhouse. What makes him dangerous is his multi attacks, counter attacks, and stuns. He already has these without the investment of R7.

He's a solid toon, but I'm just saying that touting his damage alone is not enough of a selling point.

Edit: also you suggest modding for dmg rather than potency, in which you reduce one of his strongest attributes, stuns, for what is still less than stellar dmg. That would, imo, weaken him as a whole.

Edit: My Dooku has 88.6% potency. Here's his other stats just for your reading pleasure:

60k health, 40k protection, 7700 damage, 10300 special damage, 50% armor 71% tenacity and 88% crit chance. His speed is 232. Obviously I could have made him a lot faster, but like you said, his kit isn't all about damage.

I also want to point out that he often hits twice @ 40k on his basic. I don't see a down side here.
  • Options
    7fw9d61jnc48.jpg
  • Options
    zmips884axdj.jpg

Here's FOX at R7 using his basic 👌😁😁
  • Options
    Granted that's with a 30% offense boost from Poggle lead.
  • Options

Edit: My Dooku has 88.6% potency. Here's his other stats just for your reading pleasure:

60k health, 40k protection, 7700 damage, 10300 special damage, 50% armor 71% tenacity and 88% crit chance. His speed is 232. Obviously I could have made him a lot faster, but like you said, his kit isn't all about damage.

I also want to point out that he often hits twice @ 40k on his basic. I don't see a down side here.

The downside is that team you posted takes apart two other very good teams to use including JKR (arguably the second best team in the game) and Geonosians. Also if you put it down on defense it would get taken apart by what, a dozen different team comps?

This is what I mean. There's always someone who thinks Dooku is suddenly in the top 1% of toons in the game when you take him to r7. The truth is though if you took an r7 God mod Dooku against 90% of r7 with God modded toons, you're going to get wrecked. He's not bad, and sure he can take on G12 teams if he's maxed, but he's not elite and there are tons of toons that can wipe the floor with G12 teams when they are maxed.
  • Options
    It's with every boost I could think of to get his damage up.. and a bunch of buffs. But still.. not a bad investment for an otherwise low damage noodle 🥡
  • Options
    Also your Dooku is crazy slow and yes, that will limit his effectiveness. 89% potency isn't that great either
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Saying an R7 Dooku can solo a team of G12s is the equivalent of saying a G12 can solo a team of G10s. I'd expect that in most cases.

My GMY has better stats and hits almost as hard and he's R3.
  • Options

Also yes mine is r5. He improves a lot for sure but nothing out of the ordinary so to speak. However it does let you get more use out of his zeta as he gets tankier, and his damage improves as well.

How you got him modded I have 60k health at g12 50% defence and tenacity trying to make use of old Zeta's
  • Options
    I love G13 Old Daka. I'm able to 4/4 Geos TB Waves without a lot of issues. Just make sure she's not targeted early on and you'll be golden.

I know my old girl is not the best, but it works for me.
    o03tbmvdlz7t.jpg

As you can see in the image below, this was in Geos TB Wave 4/4. That heal tells me her health was around 1.3 million. The AI tried very hard to kill her off, but couldn't. LOL
    vd8yyg0v58ec.jpg

I also have Mother Talzin at G13 Relic 2. Currently working on getting Asajj to G13, 2 gears away from doing so.
  • Options
    I think Daka is going to be my next dark side G13. So much added health in a long battle.
  • Options

7700 is a lot better than 5k number that was thrown out, especially while maintaining the potency.

My original comment was simply that 5k damage isn't amazing.
  • Options

How you got him modded I have 60k health at g12 50% defence and tenacity trying to make use of old Zeta's

I went with CD and speed mostly. He only has two 6e mods however so the final number would be higher for survivability in particular, but here are his stats:dr45eauobm0d.jpgfty3ghsjl9mg.jpg

• Options
    Dooku does best with lots of speed and offense or CD. I have mine at 308 speed and 235% CD, nearly 100% CC and he's nuts. Him being one of the fastest toons in the game with 100% counter doesn't mean he doesn't need any speed. On the contrary it's best to capitalize on it. My Dooku goes all the **** time.
  • Options

7700 is a lot better than 5k number that was thrown out, especially while maintaining the potency.

It’s 5k base offence, it’s after modding that it turns into 7.7k. Plus his base potency is 85%, highest in the game, which is also better than all but one characters base tenacity, hux 103%.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

It’s 5k base offence, it’s after modding that it turns into 7.7k. Plus his base potency is 85%, highest in the game, which is also better than all but one characters base tenacity, hux 103%.

Yeah, I gotcha. Other guy was (i thought) implying that you would then sacrifice potency and speed modding for the added damage.

Still not impressive for the speed, but I get that his counters probably make up for that in a large way. I do like his character overall, and he can be very dangerous under the right circumstances, even if he's not top tier.
  • Options

Yeah, I gotcha. Other guy was (i thought) implying that you would then sacrifice potency and speed modding for the added damage.

Still not impressive for the speed, but I get that his counters probably make up for that in a large way. I do like his character overall, and he can be very dangerous under the right circumstances, even if he's not top tier.

Except he is top tier in every way at relic level 7. Maybe you're just in denial or something. Take him to g13 and see for yourself I guess. Dooku is legit one of the best toons in the game right now, easily as good as r7 Grievous all things considered. And yes I have both at r7.
  • Options

Except he is top tier in every way at relic level 7. Maybe you're just in denial or something. Take him to g13 and see for yourself I guess. Dooku is legit one of the best toons in the game right now, easily as good as r7 Grievous all things considered. And yes I have both at r7.

It's like bashing your head into a brick wall talking to these Dooku apologists.

OK sure, you're right. Count Dooku is one of the best characters in the game and you're so smart and good at the game that you're the one to have figured this out while the rest of the community instead upgrades lesser characters all while ignoring how great Dooku is.
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

It's like bashing your head into a brick wall talking to these Dooku apologists.

OK sure, you're right. Count Dooku is one of the best characters in the game and you're so smart and good at the game that you're the one to have figured this out while the rest of the community instead upgrades lesser characters all while ignoring how great Dooku is.

You're using the term wrong. Dooku didn't do anything wrong, and there are no "Dooku apologists". If you're looking for another slightly but not quite derogatory term that actually fits then fan-boy might cover it.

Otherwise yes, you got the sum of it although you did put your own spin on it. Dooku is awesome, and I won't ever stop apologizing for him. (Lol)

Edit: Could you also tell me how this is anything like actually bashing your head into a brick wall? My mommy always told me that if you can't come up with your own metaphors then you're boring.