If Rex or Echo is hit with a healing buff...

2Next

Replies

• Options
    This thread did not dissapoint, OP congrats on discovering the best counter to the fives zeta...a few months late :D

How many times have I set you straight? The best thing about you is that you keep coming back for more. You're the 1st though to justify a flaw in the game because it's been there a few months. You're either a sentimentalist or a traditionalist. Whale out right away to discover that one did you? 🤣

Don't need to whale out to read kits a come up with healing immunity as a counter to the fives zeta, its easily one of the best ways to prevent a heal.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    This thread did not dissapoint, OP congrats on discovering the best counter to the fives zeta...a few months late :D

How many times have I set you straight? The best thing about you is that you keep coming back for more. You're the 1st though to justify a flaw in the game because it's been there a few months. You're either a sentimentalist or a traditionalist. Whale out right away to discover that one did you? 🤣

It's not a flaw. It's a design. CG addressed this in regards to JKR's Savior ability and stated that it's working as intended.
  • Options

NO! They don't even get the MAX HEALTH!!! IT'S A TOTAL CRAP ON THE ENTIRE DIMENSION OF THE CLONES!! With 1 lousy debuff???? Are you kidding me??? That zeta is THE ENTIRE 501ST!!! Do not write "would be defeated" just because you're desperate to avoid using the word 'revive' again here. Just let Rex be defeated, AND THEN, Fives can sacrifice himself to restore Rex (or Echo).

Do you have any evidence to suggest any of this?
  • Options
    Carter, I'm not loading a video here. I have a decent Clone squad (Shaak, 501st, CS , Cody, etc.) All at R5 or better. No one's trying to pull the wool over your eyes here. Rex gets debuffed, and they won't say he's 'defeated' after he gets lit up, so the debuff persists thru an entire zeta- and Fives gives him no health, leaving Rex with his pants down at 1% health to face an entire Sith Empire or others.

That is not evidence for anything in the message I quoted.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Carter, I'm not loading a video here. I have a decent Clone squad (Shaak, 501st, CS , Cody, etc.) All at R5 or better. No one's trying to pull the wool over your eyes here. Rex gets debuffed, and they won't say he's 'defeated' after he gets lit up, so the debuff persists thru an entire zeta- and Fives gives him no health, leaving Rex with his pants down at 1% health to face an entire Sith Empire or others.

Well of course it's not. Not every thread provides a crime scene. But trust me, Rex doesn't 'technically' die (read his kit); and this debuff just before his 'facsimile of death'🙄 means he'll be standing there with 1% health.

this thread definitely provides a crime scene
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

Don't need to whale out to read kits a come up with healing immunity as a counter to the fives zeta, its easily one of the best ways to prevent a heal.

I highly doubt you read Rex's kit and determined without any gameplay that Fives' Zeta element that adds Enormous Health would be entirely negated by a measly healing immunity debuff (I can barely type this with a straight face) which persists after what we now have to understand as a "facsimile of death". It's a ruin and a farce. Fix it CG.

How is it hard to imagine that a debuff that prevents healing prevents a healing effect from a different ability? Since no character dies as a result of 5s unique, nor does that ability cleanse debuffs, it seemed like a good idea. As an added bonus, based on strategy threads here it seemed like other players thought the same
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

I highly doubt you read Rex's kit and determined without any gameplay that Fives' Zeta element that adds Enormous Health would be entirely negated by a measly healing immunity debuff (I can barely type this with a straight face) which persists after what we now have to understand as a "facsimile of death". It's a ruin and a farce. Fix it CG.

How is it hard to imagine that a debuff that prevents healing prevents a healing effect from a different ability? Since no character dies as a result of 5s unique, nor does that ability cleanse debuffs, it seemed like a good idea. As an added bonus, based on strategy threads here it seemed like other players thought the same

And we have no foolhardy people in the world who've been fed false information... Louis, have you got this? 🎵 "What a Wonderful Worrrrrld." 🎶 "Oh yeahhhhhh..."🎶

So now you claim you were given false info? Man that is unfortunate, sorry you have been building a team based on faulty advice.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

Well of course it's not. Not every thread provides a crime scene. But trust me, Rex doesn't 'technically' die (read his kit); and this debuff just before his 'facsimile of death'🙄 means he'll be standing there with 1% health.

this thread definitely provides a crime scene

True. But it can only be conveyed here. I'm too tired to display it to the overly suspicious.

?

And we have no foolhardy people in the world who've been fed false information... Louis, have you got this? 🎵 "What a Wonderful Worrrrrld." 🎶 "Oh yeahhhhhh..."🎶

false info??
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options

So now you claim you were given false info? Man that is unfortunate, sorry you have been building a team based on faulty advice.

No, I was indicating that you had been. I hope people will agree that a healing immunity persisting through death (or whatever you want to call it) is a joke. That's all.

Seems like everyone in both of your threads about this disagrees with you, but 🤷‍♂️

And, as has been repeated many time, nobody dies. That is the point of fives zeta. He sacrifices himself to prevent the death of his brothers, much like in the tv series.
  • Options
    Has it ever occured to you that if some simple counter interactions (healing immunity and Fives zeta, killing Barriss to get rid of her unique) cause so much outburst from your part, you should pay more attention to kits before investing in them?

Every kit has a counter buit in the game. Does it also bother your that deathmark from a non-zeta deathtrooper prevents revives, even if they are tied to a zeta ability? Or that healing immunity interacts the same way with JKR's savior as with Fives's unique, as mentioned above? Or is it only an issue when it affects the team you have worked on, without being fully aware how that certain kit works?
  • Options
    like mentioned before in this thread fives dies instead of another 501st clone and then gives them his stats.

where they to actually die and then fives revive them you'll have the issue where you face character that stops revives (like gen Skywalker) that would prevent this revive.
  • WitnessedJarl
    257 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    defeated is the same as dying, read nihilus anihilate description.

What you should be lobbying for is a cleanse on fives his sacrifice so his ability would read something like this.

Fives can't be revived. When another 501st clone trooper ally would be defeated when fives is active, cleanse all debuffs on the defeated ally and they recover 100% health and protection and fives is defeated instead.

Personally though I am fine with the way it currently is.
  • Options

Your final sentence is incredibly obvious and a matter that everyone seems comfortable coming to grips with except you, the first two I'm fairly sure are irrelevant since you seem to have missed my point. Nothing that you have said suggests you have had any experience of a Clone not getting Fives' max health when he sacrifices himself, which is what you claimed in the message I quoted. Also to weigh in on the other point, I'm fairly sure I thought of healing immunity when I read Fives' kit, and once you get GAS, it really isn't a team that revolves around one zeta. Or with Shaak Ti to a lesser extent, so not really ever.