New capital ships, why?

Prev1
Unless CG is planning on dumping 7 new ships on us to go with them it is kind of dumb. Even then, I only have 1 hounds tooth so I can only really have 1 viable fleet. After all these years we only have enough ships to fill out two factions. Rebel and Galactic Republic. If cg could stop spending all their time on packs maybe they could roll out a steady stream of ships. Which of course would blast my gp well into the next division which is a different problem.

Replies

• Options
    This is typical really. We’ve asked for more capital ships for a long time because they were needed. Now, they are saturating the market with them.

Sometimes I wonder if they go overboard on this stuff to get people to stop asking for things.

That being said, let’s hope that this just lays the groundwork for a better fleet environment in the future. One where they can add ships and we just have to pick the tight capital ship to use.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Realistically you won’t be using more than 2-4 fleets for most game modes (fleet arena, TW / GAC, TB)

Only place this is an issue will be the upcoming raid. Something they are definitely aware of. Otherwise, capital ship to ships ratio isn’t that bad.
  • Options
    What is good now is that we will have capital ships for all the different factions from the different eras from the movies now and most ships have a place.

However, I do agree that more ships are needed and I remember them saying they have a lot of ships planned for this year. Of course we will see if it happens.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    And if they gave us normal ships first, people would complain about the lack of capitals. This way, we can at least test the general playstyle even with somewhat lacking fleet before they flesh it out completely. I say, give us the two and then some more!
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    And if they gave us normal ships first, people would complain about the lack of capitals. This way, we can at least test the general playstyle even with somewhat lacking fleet before they flesh it out completely. I say, give us the two and then some more!

enjoy that extra GP that pushes you into a higher bracket without giving you an actual advantage :P
  • Options
    Poor Mace...
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Options
    New capital ships, why?
    New raid (including ships).
    Even then, I only have 1 hounds tooth so I can only really have 1 viable fleet. After all these years we only have enough ships to fill out two factions. Rebel and Galactic Republic.
    Negotiator - Ani, Ahsoka, Y-wing, Fives, Rex, Searge, Plo
    Malevolence - SF, Hyena, Vulture, Spy, GS, IG2000, +1
    Ackbar - Bistan, HMF, Biggs, Phantom, Ghost, Cassian, +1
    Thrawn - B-28, Vader, ITF, Palp, Gauntlet, Scimitar, Sith Fighter
    Finalizer - Silencer, Shuttle, FO Tie, Xanadu, FO SF Tie, +??
    Raddus - Rey Falcon, Poe, Res X-wing, +??
    Allround plug and play choice: HT
    There are already various fleets we can build and obviously new ships are going to be added for the FO and Res caps, especially the resistance faction is gonna require some serious improvement.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

enjoy that extra GP that pushes you into a higher bracket without giving you an actual advantage :P

Or actual disadvantage since you're matched on relevant GP.... Now you might just get better rewards fighting similar opponents. The horror!
  • Options
    I’m glad they are releasing new capital ships.

Beyond the new ship raid, I think a new requirement of setting 2+ ship fleets on defense in GAC is needed
  • Options
    I think HT is the problem really. Change his kit to say he only gains bonus protection if another BH ally is in the fleet. Then watch everyone cry.
  • Options
    Relic’d Sun Fac on the right team
    Relic’d Biggs on a Bistan/MFalc team
    —> Both aren’t too bothered by HTooth 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    One can never have too much capital ships...
    B)
  • Options
    Better get the new ones to 7 stars quickly for the galactic event I bet!
  • Options
    Because whale that's why.

But seriously any new content will be behind a huge financial barrier so they can profit. If people can pass a ship raid with their established ships then CG makes much less for their product since people dont have to pay to reach the next level.

The heroic raid will likely require the new capital ships to complete the raid meaning to even get 2% in a phase so that will encourage everyone to get them asap and thus encourage spending.
  • Options
    Ships suck anyways, I hate star trek
  • Options
    2019: We need more capital ships!

2020: We DoN’t WaNt NeW CaPiTaL shIPs
  • Options
    One faction at a time guys. Presumably there will be a new ship or two, at least a Resistance one.
  • Options
    And I still waiting for a sith capital ship...
  • Options
    The only cap ship I want is Hondo's UFO, because that's as close as we can get to a BH/Scoundrel cap.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    I’m hype for them! Can’t wait for them to add more!
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    Options
    New resistance capital ship to go with the new resistance galactic hero unlock... don’t forget the new resistant Leia
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Drim wrote: »
    New resistance capital ship to go with the new resistance galactic hero unlock... don’t forget the new resistant Leia
    Did they confirm a new Leia? I must've missed the dev memo
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Drim wrote: »
    Did they confirm a new Leia? I must've missed the dev memo

It was in the note about malak returning
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Speculation
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Baby_Yoda wrote: »
    2019: We need more capital ships!

2020: We DoN’t WaNt NeW CaPiTaL shIPs

I don't think he's saying that. We just got 2 more and now we just need the fleets to support the new capitals.

I have a feeling they'll release at least 2 new fo and 2 new res ships to support the 2 capitals anyway. Hopefully the existing resistance ships (except maybe poe) get a rework along the way.
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    New capital ships, why?
    New raid (including ships).
    Even then, I only have 1 hounds tooth so I can only really have 1 viable fleet. After all these years we only have enough ships to fill out two factions. Rebel and Galactic Republic.
    Finalizer - Silencer, Shuttle, FO Tie, Xanadu, FO SF Tie, +??

Excellent. I was wondering when we would get a roller disco in-game...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    People are unfairly hostile to cg about the dumbest things. At least stay on target. New ships are great. I just wish they would fix all the **** bugs before they release new characters that will add even more bugs