How to defeat this kind of team in arena?

Replies

• Options
    GruyloRen wrote: »
    I ignore Sid until the end with that team. His AoE doesn't do enough damage to be meaningful, and don't care about his heal block, as there isn't a healer on my squad. As I said, if QGJ's assist calls someone who does enough damage to kill one of the droids, then the other team has a chance. If Poe gets to go before one of the droids dies, it's rare that I get an opponent who lives through the shots from 86, 88, and GS.
    :|
    Sidious moves before 88/86
    If 88 survives the QGJ assist Sid AoE will kill him.

Oh... I see what you're saying.

When I use my team, which is more or less max'd out with one level to go, I find the attack you described often leaves 88 or GS, who the AI often targets, with a small red sliver of health left. After Poe taunts, that lets 88 get at least one shot off before Poe dies. Sometimes the attack combo you described does kill the 1st target, but the rest of the team can still win if Poe exposes the right characters on the other side. Obviously what you said works better with a human in control, which is what the original poster asked, than what I experience fighting with that team against the AI.
  • Options
    I would Attack poe First with My gs, normally he is done. After that poggle with Attacke buff and poe with taunt next one would be My 88 and fotp who are attacking 86. 88 doesn't make so much damage if you don't have debuffs on your Team.
  • Options
    oh, i forgot this fight was against a poggle led team, when i was testing out Ahsoka after her changes.

the AI made some poor decisions, especially on my side, but i still won the fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pTdx0r6J_w
  • Options
    I've never had a problem with droids. I'm running QGJ, RG, Rey, FOTP, GS.

QGJ and GS both go before Poe which means 88 is dead. Quite often the droid team I was going against my RG would go before Poe as well. Fast stuns do bad things to Poe lol.
  • Options
    Wenyi wrote: »
    Poggle(L), 88, 86, GS and Poe

Their attacking power is horrible! Even I used my high speed team to shot 88 down first, after Poogle & Poe's movement, everything was just finished.

You haven't said what sort of team you're running against these guys. (Unless I missed it somewhere in the middle of these replies) I notice that people tend to give advice with the assumption that everyone has all the premium toons and are 7* on all. So here's some advice given with the assumption that you're not:

Asajj can kill Poe's taunt with Strike Fear. She's a gem. If you have her, use her.
    IG-86 hits harder than 88, I'd kill him first.
    QGJ lead is only good if he's at a high level. If not, stick with Lumi lead, her extra health boost can literally be a life-saver.
    Bariss can offset IG-88's heal block, this could also be a life-saver if you last long enough for her to take her turn.
    Try throwing Han in there if you have him. He usually gets an early turn, and squad mates get a turn meter boost when Han gets hit.
    Personally, my kill order would be: IG-86, GS, Poe, IG-88, Poggle.
    Hope that helps!
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

Their attacking power is horrible! Even I used my high speed team to shot 88 down first, after Poogle & Poe's movement, everything was just finished.

You haven't said what sort of team you're running against these guys. (Unless I missed it somewhere in the middle of these replies) I notice that people tend to give advice with the assumption that everyone has all the premium toons and are 7* on all. So here's some advice given with the assumption that you're not:

Asajj can kill Poe's taunt with Strike Fear. She's a gem. If you have her, use her.
    IG-86 hits harder than 88, I'd kill him first.
    QGJ lead is only good if he's at a high level. If not, stick with Lumi lead, her extra health boost can literally be a life-saver.
    Bariss can offset IG-88's heal block, this could also be a life-saver if you last long enough for her to take her turn.
    Try throwing Han in there if you have him. He usually gets an early turn, and squad mates get a turn meter boost when Han gets hit.
    Personally, my kill order would be: IG-86, GS, Poe, IG-88, Poggle.
    Hope that helps!

This
  • Options
    Jawa and datcha
  • Options
    Whom do you best ability block?

Poe or Poggle? Or IG-86?
  • JohnyDee21
    19 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thats the easiest team i fight with my team.

QGJ (L)
    Lumi
    Dooku
    Yoda
    GS

QGJ, Dooku, Yoda and GS go before any of the other team. First Yoda....I attack 88 to remove turn meter. Then comes Dooku I force lighting 86 (hopefully stun him). Then comes QGJ with an assist attack on 88 and hes dead. Then comes GS with an assist attack on 86 and hes dead.

By the time the other team gets a chance they already got 2 droid dead...I just autofight there...nothing they can do.

Hope this helps. All my team is 7* fully geared.
  • Options
    If you have maxed GS and QGJ this team is easy as pie.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Sid, QG, GS and two damage dealers.

But you need max speed GS a pre level 70/gear IX GS and one of the droids live and you lose.
  • Options
    ModTerrik wrote: »

Oh wow. A p2p team... Guess this doesn't really count if talking about arena problems and solutions.
  • LukeSkywalker420
    460 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Right now I use Sid (L), Poe, Eeth Koth, Lumi and Yoda. Use yoda first on Poe to reduce turn meter. Then with poe hit IG86 or GS or hit them all with AOE since there is no healer. Then taunt with Poe. Hit IG88 with ability block/stun from Eeth Koth. Usually works.
  • Options
    Hit refresh and challenge someone else lol.
  • Options
    QGJ can solo that team while playing the world's smallest violin.

Gotta love Liam neeson
  • Options
    Alita wrote: »
    here's a video pre-2.1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXqaYBRl4LE

not a lot has changed?
    (i was just about to make a current video, but the only droid team in the top 4 just got beat, so now i can't play against them)

Sorry I did not notice how strong you are...

You are in Top 10 in your server?

Did u notice that u took Ur turn before the other team. Ur speed is way higher because u have great characters. Not everybody is gonna have great characters
  • Options
    Use jawa and datcha and you killed them easy
  • Lamb
    300 posts Member
    Options
    Kill 88 asap
  • Enigmaticien
    384 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    theHejiN wrote: »
    ModTerrik wrote: »

Oh wow. A p2p team... Guess this doesn't really count if talking about arena problems and solutions.

All those chars are farmable . Many ftp have them .
  • Options
    Wait until all these teams have their Royal Guard finished. Poe will be a happy memory.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    QGJ (L) Dooku, Daka, Sid, Lumi

Dookus stun IG88 - if no stun, QGJ assist kill. If stun works, QGJ assist + Sid to kill GS. Use Lumi to ability block 86 (or 88 if you can take him down). Poe taunts - rip it off with QGJ, give everyone offense up. Kick ****.

Seriously though, if you don't have QGJ in arena, you will have issues. There are simply too many taunting tanks now. You need QGJ to rip the taunt off. Mace can do it, but QGJ does it so much better.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Wait until all these teams have their Royal Guard finished. Poe will be a happy memory.

The best thing with Poe isn't his taunt, but rather the expose combined with the rest of that team. Once Poe taunts and Poggle buffs, pretty much anyone who is exposed and then hit by 86, 88, or GS are dead in one shot. If you get lucky and expose the other team's best characters, the fight is over in one round.

RG seems pretty good too. I like that his taunt automatically fires when someone drops in health, and his stun is more useful than Poe's base attack. He wouldn't have the same impact on this team though.
  • Options
    One way to handle IG88 is to taunt. Then he won't use his AoE and you can focus on killing GS or IG86 instead.
  • Options

That kind of team is very easy to defeat if you have qgj(L) dooku, luminara, ig 86, poogle.

First move is your dooku to force lightning on enemies ig 88 followed by qgj assisting attack. If ig 88 dies before your enemies poogle or poe makes a move, its over for that droid setup.

That line of droid in my shard cannot make a place in top 10. Thats only good for offence because AI is dumb but in defense is total useless.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options

That was the team that crippled my last GW and ruined it
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

The best thing with Poe isn't his taunt, but rather the expose combined with the rest of that team. Once Poe taunts and Poggle buffs, pretty much anyone who is exposed and then hit by 86, 88, or GS are dead in one shot. If you get lucky and expose the other team's best characters, the fight is over in one round.
    That all sounds great, but unless you're facing Darth Maul, Ventress, Boba Fett and two more sloth toons, there isn't much of IG88, 86 and/or GS left. I haven't seen IG88 get off a shot in arena in months. GS's first shot comes before Poggle's buff and Poe's taunt. He doesn't live to fire twice - especially if Poe's taunt was ripped off by QGJ, giving everyone O-up.

The problem moving forward with the "traditional" droid team is that Poe and Poggle aren't attacking while they are doing their thing. RG buffs automatically - and can still stun on his turn. QGJ can clear a tuant AND grant offense up at the same time. Dooku's leadership ability can give anyone offense up whenever they evade. The Poggle/GS/IG88/86/Poe team will still be out there - but not because it's the best, simply because it's the one a lot of people have left over from the aging meta.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I used Phasma,Kylo,Dooku,Sid,Lumi to beat that team. You have to make sure Lumi gets her heal off cuz she will die after one turn. Kill order was 88,Poe,Poggle,86,GS. Your toons better be maxed. You need a nice non Jedi counter team. I would have used 5555 and 86 in place of Lumi and Sid but they are not quite ready yet.
  • Options
    QGJ
    Yoda
    Old ben
    Lumi
    Mace

1) Yoda does Battle Meditation (to block Poe's debuff)
    2) QGJ and team kill IG 88
    3) Ben does the trick

and it's an easy victory
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    I run asajj (l), daka, dooku, royal guard. Daka and dooku can usually stun 88 and maybe another. Easy from there. Dooku leads can be trouble tho if I miss stuns.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

That all sounds great, but unless you're facing Darth Maul, Ventress, Boba Fett and two more sloth toons, there isn't much of IG88, 86 and/or GS left. I haven't seen IG88 get off a shot in arena in months. GS's first shot comes before Poggle's buff and Poe's taunt. He doesn't live to fire twice - especially if Poe's taunt was ripped off by QGJ, giving everyone O-up.

The problem moving forward with the "traditional" droid team is that Poe and Poggle aren't attacking while they are doing their thing. RG buffs automatically - and can still stun on his turn. QGJ can clear a tuant AND grant offense up at the same time. Dooku's leadership ability can give anyone offense up whenever they evade. The Poggle/GS/IG88/86/Poe team will still be out there - but not because it's the best, simply because it's the one a lot of people have left over from the aging meta.

It works great too. As I said earlier, this is my primary arena team and has a top 5 finish pretty much any day I have time to play. With a player controlling the attacking team, it's pretty easy to win against more or less any makeup team, and I noticed I was consistently beating teams with 2-3k higher power than me before I got this account to level 70. It seems to work well on defense too, as I almost never need to do much to climb back into the top 5. For example, last night I didn't really have time to do arena, and I think I ended 18th (fought one match in between conference calls). 16 hours later and I'm still #18. Either the team defends well when controlled by the AI (per the original poster's point), or players would rather challenge someone else than take the chance on facing this squad. Either way, it works well for me.

Not to say there is anything wrong with other squads, but I happen to like this one, it's working for me, it's fun to play, and the characters are all readily available.