How to defeat this kind of team in arena?

Prev13
Wenyi
18 posts Member
Poggle(L), 88, 86, GS and Poe

Their attacking power is horrible! Even I used my high speed team to shot 88 down first, after Poogle & Poe's movement, everything was just finished.

Replies

• JeighKaeNeither
    243 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You have to send in a suicide squad first. Get them to throw all there buffs & then bring in your big guns.
  • Wenyi
    18 posts Member
    Options
    You have to send in a suicide squad first. Get the to throw all there buffs & then bring in your big guns.

In arena...suicide is always welcomed by your opponent.

• Options
    That's the team I run in arena. If you don't have a QGJ who can remove Poe's taunt, or a lot of high damage characters who can kill him in a couple of shots, you're generally done unless your fast characters get a lot of strong attacks in before Poe's 1st turn. The IG brothers do over 10k damage per shot with Poggle's buff. By the time the opponent kills Poe, it's usually a 4 on 3 fight or worse. When I run this team, I focus on taking down the opponent's QGJ, followed by their highest damage dealing characters. Generally finish in the top 10 in arena on the days I have time to play, and rarely get pushed out of the top 25.
  • Options
    Oh..Hahaha, my bad, I obviously missed that part. Old Ben is good for this team, since he blocks all buffs.
  • Options
    QGJ can solo that team while playing the world's smallest violin.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    Wenyi wrote: »

Their attacking power is horrible! Even I used my high speed team to shot 88 down first, after Poogle & Poe's movement, everything was just finished.

Focus 88 before Poe fires his taunt. Then hit Poe with a DPS toon (IG-86, FOTP, Rey, etc) or a debuff like QGJ. Then take out GS. Then take out 86. Then take out Poggle.

Never AoE early or shoot at Poggle. He has a high dodge rating and gains turn meter on dodge. You grant him offense up prior to GS's first shot and the show's over.
  • Tony167
    231 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    When I face that team in arena I usually take out 88 right away then focus down on Poe then GS, 86 and Poggle.

The real key is to have a couple high damage dealers and some assist guys like QGJ and GS. Just my strategy. There's plenty of others

I use QGJ, GS, RG, Rey, yoda
  • Options
    I use Yoda tenacity up to stop poe from expose qgj assist on 88 Heath Koth to stun 86 lumi to heal back any high attacker for 5th or phasma to manipulate turn meter so I can go again but once poe taunts and qgj uses humbling blow to give offense up to the entire team you should win
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Focus on either 86 or GS first, before Poe taunts. Remove taunt or focus on Poe. Kill other assist caller next. Kill Poe if still alive. Evasion Up will help, high HP will help, heals MIGHT help if your toons survive burst, Offense Up and Down will help, Defense Up will not help, Stun will help.

Ultimately, you just need to try different approaches that work with your roster.
  • JeighKaeNeither
    243 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    That is probably one of the hardest match ups, as you know already. So Half Jedi with QJ lead for speed & de buff; OB for ability block, Lumi for ability block 2nd round & healing, Dooku for speed & counter & then maybe your own Poogle.... I had to level him up unfortunately.
  • Options
    You need QGJ lead with Koth and Sid. Kill 86 first with QGJ, stun 88 with Koth. After GS attacks heal with Lumi and remove taunt by Poe with QGJ.
  • Wenyi
    18 posts Member
    Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »

Focus 88 before Poe fires his taunt. Then hit Poe with a DPS toon (IG-86, FOTP, Rey, etc) or a debuff like QGJ. Then take out GS. Then take out 86. Then take out Poggle.

Never AoE early or shoot at Poggle. He has a high dodge rating and gains turn meter on dodge. You grant him offense up prior to GS's first shot and the show's over.

Once killed 88 and focused on Poe, it will be the turn of opponent 's 86 and GS buffed by Poggle, every shoot of them can take one of your men...
  • Options

Um... right. A lucky QGJ assist might take 88 or 86 down before Poe fires his taunt. 1st Poggle-buffed shot from 86, 88, or GS one-shots QGJ. Only teams I generally have an issue with are other droid/Poe teams or all Jedi QJG-led teams that go before Poe/Poggle due to QGJ's Jedi speed buff.
  • Options
    You have to be able to remove Poe's taunt to win that one or stun him in the first round. Though if his taunt went off int he 2nd round I'm not sure that would really be any better or not to be honest. I don't know if you run Yoda or not, but don't Meditate turn 1 but use it turn 2 if he still has foresight up and give it to the rest of the team while you burndown Poe, it might save you some time. I've used it when Poe resisted and I've still won. Depends on your team I guess.
  • Options
    In my case, my team is Phasma (L), 88, Ren, Poe and Poggle and it depends in which Poe goes first, their or mine. I'm a f2p player and i don't have a 7* Rey and QGJ, but with them that team shouldn't be a problem.
    Also I have noticed the number of Dookus leader teams has grown and teams like you have said has decreesed, dooku's leader skill works a bit different as it's described and is an AoE team killer.

P.S: sorry for my bad english.
  • Options
    I run that team. On offense i lose when i get stunned first turn.
  • Options
    QGJ lead, GS, Rey, Daka, Ewok Elder

Assist attack on each droid first with QGJ and GS. If one survives take it out with Rey. Hope Daka stuns. Remove Poe taunt with QGJ on his second turn.

Profit.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I usually can take out 88 and one other, usually 86 before poe can taunt (and either one can move). with those two gone, game over.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    I run QGJ ( L), yoda, Sid , lumi, and dooku. Speed kills. Yoda hits unstoppable for turn meter down ( hopefully ) dooku stuns , QGJ hits harmonious, Sid finishes someone off , and lumi locks someone down. My next run, yoda usually starts and finishes it, gaining foresight on his first attack n passing it along on next one. Once that happens it's over
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options

You need to take out IG88 and IG86 before Poe taunts. Poggle and GS are only good if they have someone to call/buff.
  • Options
    here's a video pre-2.1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXqaYBRl4LE

not a lot has changed?
    (i was just about to make a current video, but the only droid team in the top 4 just got beat, so now i can't play against them)
  • Options
    GruyloRen wrote: »

Um... right. A lucky QGJ assist might take 88 or 86 down before Poe fires his taunt. 1st Poggle-buffed shot from 86, 88, or GS one-shots QGJ. Only teams I generally have an issue with are other droid/Poe teams or all Jedi QJG-led teams that go before Poe/Poggle due to QGJ's Jedi speed buff.
    Um... Wrong.

QGJ goes
    Sidious AoE
    R.I.P
  • Options
    I ignore Sid until the end with that team. His AoE doesn't do enough damage to be meaningful, and don't care about his heal block, as there isn't a healer on my squad. As I said, if QGJ's assist calls someone who does enough damage to kill one of the droids, then the other team has a chance. If Poe gets to go before one of the droids dies, it's rare that I get an opponent who lives through the shots from 86, 88, and GS.
  • Wenyi
    18 posts Member
    Options
    Alita wrote: »
    here's a video pre-2.1.

not a lot has changed?
    (i was just about to make a current video, but the only droid team in the top 4 just got beat, so now i can't play against them)

The lead changed by Poogle is totally different. I can defeat Hk47 88 86 Poe Poogle team but not this kind of team.
  • Options
    Oh..Hahaha, my bad, I obviously missed that part. Old Ben is good for this team, since he blocks all buffs.

Old Ben is too slow to help. By the time he uses Mind Trick, the IGs have done their thing and probably 2 of your characters are dead. OP you would need a speed team to beat this team and go after 88 then 86 and hope they die before Poe acts.
  • Wenyi
    18 posts Member
    Options

here's a video pre-2.1.

not a lot has changed?

Sorry I did not notice how strong you are...

You are in Top 10 in your server?

• Options
    Other thing I like with the Poggle-Poe-86-88-GS team is that there isn't a lot of strategy involved, so it works on defense with the AI controlling the team. I think I finished #4 in my leaderboard yesterday (maybe 6, can't remember). I just checked, 2.5 hours before payout, and I'm still sitting at #24, still within easy shot of a top-5 finish. My other account, with a more 'normal' team slips 100 ranks every day. Both teams have similar levels / gearing. My 'normal' team is a level 70 account, and my droid team account hit level 69 yesterday.
  • Options
    GruyloRen wrote: »
    I ignore Sid until the end with that team. His AoE doesn't do enough damage to be meaningful, and don't care about his heal block, as there isn't a healer on my squad. As I said, if QGJ's assist calls someone who does enough damage to kill one of the droids, then the other team has a chance. If Poe gets to go before one of the droids dies, it's rare that I get an opponent who lives through the shots from 86, 88, and GS.
    :|
    Sidious moves before 88/86
    If 88 survives the QGJ assist Sid AoE will kill him.
  • Options
    Take out Poggle first, if he gets the power up out, you are done.
  • Options
    here's a video pre-2.1.

not a lot has changed?

Sorry I did not notice how strong you are...

You are in Top 10 in your server?

yeah, i camp out at rank 1. i've never had a problem beating droid teams, regardless of poggle/hk leader.

rey, qgj, and gs all go before their team, and they can typically kill or stun 88 and 86 before they get a turn.