GAC matchmaking - supposed to be funny?

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    I mean, if I want to do good in a game, I research it as I'm starting, not a few years in....maybe that's just me though.

Your logic is flawed. 2 years ago the “farm worthy” toons were completely different. And research 3 years ago would have given a very different picture.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Just because you can overcome poor matchmaking by playing better doesn't make the matchmaking not poor.

Counterpoint: The fact that I win consistently with the disadvantages others whinge about shows matchmaking isn't poor, they just need to get on with it.

Matchmaking currently favors certain roster setups. (Lean rosters with focus on meta toons/teams) Now you might believe you are a star because the matchmaking favors you, but that only proves that you are lucky enough to be on the upside of the matchmaking equation.

Others however get permanently punished by the current matchmaking logic. And while some factors are in the players control (e.g. gear up toons or obtain key meta toons) there are other factors that cannot be controlled.

I am a veteran player and I am not able to demote or unlevel my old, once good, now useless toons. So even if I farm and gear the “right” toons now I still will be matched to my disadvantage (top x toon GP helps only marginally)

Mm does not favor lean rosters.

Your total lack of understanding is likely why you struggle.

Mm is based on GP. (Top x GP)
    I think you don’t understand what a “lean roster” is.

But please enlighten me and my “total lack of understanding”

Everything not counted on your top 80 is bonus, and an advantage over opponents. No need to "demote" toons.

GA has been around plenty long enough to have made meaningful choices to help you win. Continuing to complain about mm is not an acceptable excuse.

Your post is nonsense. I am not sure if you are just trying to troll or if you are serious.

In GAC the difference between winning and losing often comes down to winning with 53, 56 or 60 points. With the opponents I am facing anything below G12 is just useless.

I have plenty of G11 toons that I use to great effect in GAC, in Division 1.

EDIT: Also some G10 and one or two G9 even.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

Just because you can overcome poor matchmaking by playing better doesn't make the matchmaking not poor.

Counterpoint: The fact that I win consistently with the disadvantages others whinge about shows matchmaking isn't poor, they just need to get on with it.

Matchmaking currently favors certain roster setups. (Lean rosters with focus on meta toons/teams) Now you might believe you are a star because the matchmaking favors you, but that only proves that you are lucky enough to be on the upside of the matchmaking equation.

Others however get permanently punished by the current matchmaking logic. And while some factors are in the players control (e.g. gear up toons or obtain key meta toons) there are other factors that cannot be controlled.

I am a veteran player and I am not able to demote or unlevel my old, once good, now useless toons. So even if I farm and gear the “right” toons now I still will be matched to my disadvantage (top x toon GP helps only marginally)

Everything not counted on your top 80 is bonus, and an advantage over opponents. No need to "demote" toons.

GA has been around plenty long enough to have made meaningful choices to help you win. Continuing to complain about mm is not an acceptable excuse.

Your post is nonsense. I am not sure if you are just trying to troll or if you are serious.

In GAC the difference between winning and losing often comes down to winning with 53, 56 or 60 points. With the opponents I am facing anything below G12 is just useless.

I don’t believe you.
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »

In GAC the difference between winning and losing often comes down to winning with 53, 56 or 60 points. With the opponents I am facing anything below G12 is just useless. So I don’t know what you are talking about with “bonus”. Even the bottom half of my top 80 is useless if my opponent has some meta teams.

And you are most certainly not the deciding authority on “acceptable excuses”...

But keep defending a flawed system as long as it benefits you.

... You could always try not putting your best squads down on defense so you can use them on offense.

But it's easier to complain about things that are out of your control than it is to change things in your control. Such is the human condition.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

In GAC the difference between winning and losing often comes down to winning with 53, 56 or 60 points. With the opponents I am facing anything below G12 is just useless. So I don’t know what you are talking about with “bonus”. Even the bottom half of my top 80 is useless if my opponent has some meta teams.

And you are most certainly not the deciding authority on “acceptable excuses”...

Check out these useless g11 toons
    6bi2exxpw9f2.jpg
  • Saada wrote: »
    Saada wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Mate he is right....

If you build a roster a get a two top meta squads (including the squads needed to get those characters) but have nothing else significant in your top 60 or 80, you will have a hugely favourable matchup with someone who has lots of middle of the rosd squads and can't beat the two meta squads you can set on defence.

Not sure how you can deny this. It's the same how it was before when it was matches up based on total gp and those who has focused rosters had the better matchups. Now it's a little more difficult but definitely suits those who make a second account and know what they're farming and gearing....

Start a second account so you know what you're doing....? So you mean be better at the game?

Lots of people have second accounts and neebies get matched with them which isn't fair.

What's your solution for this?

If i'm new and someone else is new, and I do research and they don't, is that fair?

That's fair but if I made a new account now (4 mil at the moment) and farmed jkr, then dr while some other person playing the game for the first time knows nothing about the forum/game/squads/synergy/matchmaking etc and farms all random characters they like and gears them up high so that their gp matches that jkr/dr account. How is that fair?
    It's easy to say I "researched" but you only did that cause you would have had the hindsight of playing the game the first time which isn't fair. I dunno what the answer is but their needs to be a better way to go about it.

Its fair because the game is about decisions. If you didn't care enough to research what teams are good, you live with the consequences.

Again if you only researched cause it's the second time round then it's not fair. If your starting fresh and did your research from the get go then go for it, you deserve it. but too many Start fresh after failing then get great match ups because of this. That's not fair and especially frustrating if they keep going "I'm great at the game," where they're not, they just have easy matchups.

When I started I did some research, then as I progressed I did more research, and I still watch videos and strategize with other players constantly. I have zero sympathy for any new player that doesn't care enough to do their homework. If you want to be competitive, knowledge is power. Seeking out knowledge is not unfair.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

I don’t believe you.

Well since GAC history is a thing now, you can look for yourself.
    I feel like the whole point of this thread has gone over your head.

People tell me that a lot, but right now I'm having a laugh, so I don't think so this time. You want to win with less gear, counters are still your best bet, else you might as well say you can't win at gear 1 so it's silly to say work on it.

The whole point of this thread is that the OP is being matched against someone with way more G13 and relics characters so saying just get more G13 character is missing the point.

I win almost every GAC match that I play. Do I win because I am better than my opponent? No. I win because I have a reliced SE team with Malak that is essentially undefeatable in my division. No opponent has ever beaten it so every opponent I play against is locked out of two of my territories. Is that fair?

Yes it is. If they want to beat you they should get a counter, not a handout.

Well haven't the entire forum become this. Pic related
    qw201inc1n37.gif
  • Saada
    664 posts Member

Lol this is the problem. Mate you have what 16 g13 toons in div 1. I have 30in div 2 and had more than the when I was in div 3. If you have a certain type of roster, matchmaking favours you (as in your case) or it could be against you as many others. Look I'm not complaining, I try to win and I win 3-0 some round then can go 0-3 in others but my opponents all have fully relicd top tier squads and usually over 40 relicd toons...gas, dr/malak, ns etc and it's tough compared to you where you might be a big fish in a little pond while others are the little fish struggling. Don't presume to know how it is to be in their shoes....

Lol this is the problem. Mate you have what 16 g13 toons in div 1. I have 30in div 2 and had more than the when I was in div 3. If you have a certain type of roster, matchmaking favours you (as in your case) or it could be against you as many others. Look I'm not complaining, I try to win and I win 3-0 some round then can go 0-3 in others but my opponents all have fully relicd top tier squads and usually over 40 relicd toons...gas, dr/malak, ns etc and it's tough compared to you where you might be a big fish in a little pond while others are the little fish struggling. Don't presume to know how it is to be in their shoes....

I thought the problem was getting matched up with more relics? Now the problem is players with less relics?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

I thought the problem was getting matched up with more relics? Now the problem is players with less relics?

I thought it was unfair research?

I thought the problem was just making poor decisions in the game but I guess the problem is actually just making poor decisions in the game.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited February 2020

:alot: to unpack here.

1) You're right I don't have a lot of G13 toons. Resource management, which this game rewards. Do more with less.

2) GA existed before G13, so you can't claim you are disadvantaged because you did a bunch of G13 before GA.

3) How did you have more G13 when you were in Div 3 then now?

4) Matchmaking cannot be perfect unless you play an identical roster. So again, what's your solution?

5) If you struggle because opponents have fully relic'd squads, you need to build up your counters high enough where they can counter that. And probably get better mods.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member

6bi2exxpw9f2.jpg

When you only have 6 g13 and your opponents arena is 250+ while yours is 40 odd. Then yeah you can use bits and pieces. Please matchup with me and see how you would go.....
    https://swgoh.gg/p/889657739
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

6bi2exxpw9f2.jpg

When you only have 6 g13 and your opponents arena is 250+ while yours is 40 odd. Then yeah you can use bits and pieces. Please matchup with me and see how you would go.....

What part of that makes sense? Mm should be based arena rank now?
  • Saada
    664 posts Member

6bi2exxpw9f2.jpg

What part of that makes sense? Mm should be based arena rank now?

It just shows that you don't understand. G11 is fine in your case but anything below g12 in my case is useless and also for other people. You just can't fathom that the situation for other people is different from your own.

6bi2exxpw9f2.jpg

Seems like your problem isn't mm, its strategy. Your defense is vanilla and includes some team counterable for very high banners, and you drop some beatable battles on offense.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member

1) You're right I don't have a lot of G13 toons. Resource management, which this game rewards. Do more with less.

2) GA existed before G13, so you can't claim you are disadvantaged because you did a bunch of G13 before GA.

4) Matchmaking cannot be perfect unless you play an identical roster. So again, what's your solution?

5) If you struggle because opponents have fully relic'd squads, you need to build up your counters high enough where they can counter that. And probably get better mods.

I had more than what you have now when I was in div 3. Pull that brain from your **** thanks.

Oh. I'm not complaining, I win I lose I don't care but im sticking up for those who have problems. Your solution for counters is wrong as well as I have found out. I was matched with r7 malaks and relicd padme squads so I got r7 malak and a good padme sqhad and guess what I now get matched with the same but moe these people have r7 gas and clones. The more counters you work on the more your top gp becomes and the harder matchups you get.
    I don't care cause I'll keep chasing and that's fine but all your understanding is completely wrong since you haven't been in anyone elses shoes....

It's not about chasing. The whole point is using what you have more effectively.

What is going on here? Get a counter...ok which means chasing gas or shaak ti with the clones...... "Oh no, use what you got effectively." ???? Ummm excuse me, I think you need to see a councillor for a split personality....
  • On somewhat of a side note the people who go for the Galactic Legends are gonna be screwed by the GA matchmaking. They are gonna end up with a bunch of high relic weak characters that are gonna ensure they get matched up against very strong opponents.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    On somewhat of a side note the people who go for the Galactic Legends are gonna be screwed by the GA matchmaking. They are gonna end up with a bunch of high relic weak characters that are gonna ensure they get matched up against very strong opponents.

The 2 ppl who unlock them the first year will have to play each other every round
  • Saada
    664 posts Member

I had more than what you have now when I was in div 3. Pull that brain from your **** thanks.

Oh. I'm not complaining, I win I lose I don't care but im sticking up for those who have problems. Your solution for counters is wrong as well as I have found out. I was matched with r7 malaks and relicd padme squads so I got r7 malak and a good padme sqhad and guess what I now get matched with the same but moe these people have r7 gas and clones. The more counters you work on the more your top gp becomes and the harder matchups you get.
    I don't care cause I'll keep chasing and that's fine but all your understanding is completely wrong since you haven't been in anyone elses shoes....

Is an R7 Greedo a counter to something?

It's a big part of getting first in heroic sith raid so definitely relevant.

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

It's not about chasing. The whole point is using what you have more effectively.

What is going on here? Get a counter...ok which means chasing gas or shaak ti with the clones...... "Oh no, use what you got effectively." ???? Ummm excuse me, I think you need to see a councillor for a split personality....

But counter with less. Adding gp that doesnt carry it's weight is counterproductive.

That's why I make use of g11 toons (for you maybe it's g12).

This is exactly why I argued that lean rosters are not favored.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    On somewhat of a side note the people who go for the Galactic Legends are gonna be screwed by the GA matchmaking. They are gonna end up with a bunch of high relic weak characters that are gonna ensure they get matched up against very strong opponents.

Until they're matched up with someone that can't get past a GL squad and then we'll hear how mm is unfair in the other direction.

No one has ever put forth an actual alternative to the current mm that improves it.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Relevant to GAC?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

No one has ever put forth an actual alternative to the current mm that improves it.

100% RNG
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

100% RNG

I approve, as long as every SWGOH player's name is put in a hat and CG livestreams the withdrawing of the pieces of paper from the hat.

I believe in full transparency.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member

But counter with less. Adding gp that doesnt carry it's weight is counterproductive.

That's why I make use of g11 toons (for you maybe it's g12).

This is exactly why I argued that lean rosters are not favored.

Please counter a r7 gas with clones and r7 dr/malak with less... please enlighten me how a g11/12 squad will help me and therefore not add much gp?
  • Saada
    664 posts Member

Relevant to GAC?

Am I speaking to 12 year olds without a brain or what?
    Umm. Finish first in heroic sith raid, get better gear to upgrade toons to higher levels which in turn creates better squads or counters for you know what...... drum roll. gac

Didn't realise that finishing 50th in the raid was the same as first, my bad....

I think top 10 is all that’s really necessary. Following the 80/20 rule, investing in toons just to get #1 in the raid has diminishing returns against finishing top 10 and investing that gear on other teams. Like counter teams. Just my 2 cents, but if you like the raid that’s cool.

My counter team is going to be gas and even then I need him r7 and would probably need a counter for GL rey or kylo by then. Everyone has squad they like and I like bh and I g13 greedo,if I used that gear for a ns or fo or someone else. My matchups would be the same and I still wouldn't have a counter since its only 1 toon.