Why IOS gets HUGE compensation but Android users gets nothing for similar problem?

Are you serious? Like 2 month ago we had similar problem like this on Android devices, tons of ppl was unable to login into the game for most of the day and all we got was: We apologize for inconvenience.

Now IOS user cant login into the game and you give them this:

1500 crystals, 1500 GET 1, 1500 GET 2, 5 zeta materials

This all is giving me clear message: Android issue was affecting only old android phones so they probably dont have enough money to be whales, so why should we care, on the other side Apples user probably have money as IPhones costs a lot so we should keep them happy.

Dont make me wrong i can see that this is correct move, but how about you start to at least pretend you little bit care about all your player base, not just part of it?

Replies

• Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Its not an Android vs iOS issue

The length of the outage is not the same. Legacy devices are separate issue than this.

Android users spend more than iOS users, so its not about who pays more either
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

The length of the outage is not the same. Legacy devices are separate issue than this.

Ok so you agree than giving big compensation on one side VS giving nothing on the other side is correct thing to do? Love your logic.

I know there was difference in these problems, but how about treat all outages the same way and give affected ppl the corresponding compensation based on the outage length?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    ShawDou wrote: »

Ok so you agree than giving big compensation on one side VS giving nothing on the other side is correct thing to do? Love your logic.

I know there was difference in these problems, but how about treat all outages the same way and give affected ppl the corresponding compensation based on the outage length?

Some of them couldn't log in for days. Get over yourself
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    You made some bold assumptions up there. The issue is very different.

Besides, IOS users got compensation, Android players got a free K2SO.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

So where is the threshold? Unable to login let say for 1-2 days is not a problem but unable to login for 2+ days is something that deserve compensation?

Perfect 👍
  • Options
    oh look. the forums are foruming again
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

So where is the threshold? Unable to login let say for 1-2 days is not a problem but unable to login for 2+ days is something that deserve compensation?

Perfect 👍

The threshold is somewhere between a very small number of a few old devices for part of a day, and every ios user for several days.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

Perfect 👍

The threshold is somewhere between a very small number of a few old devices for part of a day, and every ios user for several days.

You know i remember times when everyone used to got 100-200 crystals compensations for several hours of outages. And btw the Android problem was affecting ppl with Androids 8.0 and bellow. So even if i get just 7.0-8.0 it is aprox 40% of devices online, so i dont think it was only small number of ppl as you claim. ;)
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Perfect 👍

You know i remember times when everyone used to got 100-200 crystals compensations for several hours of outages. And btw the Android problem was affecting ppl with Androids 8.0 and bellow. So even if i get just 7.0-8.0 it is aprox 40% of devices online, so i dont think it was only small number of ppl as you claim. ;)

40% of all devices online? What's your source there?
  • Options

Perfect 👍

Ok my bad, was more like 20% at that time was looking on chart from last year.

Still doesnt change anything in rest of my posts, that it used to be better in past. :disappointed:

We now are just too much used to them doing nothing that you even defend them in it. But if a lot ppl call it can change things, look on recent W3 Reforged fiasco, or well known Star Wars Battlefront 2 case.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Perfect 👍

Still doesnt change anything in rest of my posts, that it used to be better in past. :disappointed:

We now are just too much used to them doing nothing that you even defend them in it. But if a lot ppl call it can change things, look on recent W3 Reforged fiasco, or well known Star Wars Battlefront 2 case.

The time to complain for compensation for an outage, is when it happens.

You can't wait for a far worse outage later, and then bring it up again. If there happens to be another outage for android users, then you have something to point to. But at this point, just let it go...life isn't fair...yada yada...
  • Options

Perfect 👍

You can't wait for a far worse outage later, and then bring it up again. If there happens to be another outage for android users, then you have something to point to. But at this point, just let it go...life isn't fair...yada yada...

Oh yea ppl were complaining back then, but without single response. Anyway i see that forum is still same and most complains are buried under defenders. Was worth the try 😛
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Perfect 👍

Oh yea ppl were complaining back then, but without single response. Anyway i see that forum is still same and most complains are buried under defenders. Was worth the try 😛

Did you look at Ultras links? Literally Dev responses.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

Perfect 👍

YOUR link was a dev response!!!
  • Options

Perfect 👍

YOUR link was a dev response!!!

I was of course talking about response on compensation ppl were asking for when the outage above happened, not that they actually acknowledge the problem and fixed it. Though that is obvious since whole thread is about compensation for outages, not about them acknowledging that problems exists 😅

I posted the link just so that Ultra knows what i was talking about, since he definitely though i talked about something else.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Sincere question. Did the recent outage prevent people from joining GAC and TB? I was under the assumption that it did, but I might be totally wrong. The timing of an outage and what it causes you to miss are as big a consideration as how long it is. Not trying to pile on. Just curious if that explains some of the difference.
  • Options
    Does anyone remember the fuss when android got things that Apple didn’t? K2so is the one that sticks in my mind.. I’m fairly sure the android user attitude then was ‘haha’ at least until they found out it wasn’t that great..

As to the compo plan, if you were affected you’ll get it, if you weren’t or it wasn’t a big enough issue, then you won’t.

If anything time has taught me that if something on this game goes wrong, breaks, glitches or basically doesn’t go how you want it to be, your boned, so there’s no point complaining as literally, no one cares..
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Sincere question. Did the recent outage prevent people from joining GAC and TB? I was under the assumption that it did, but I might be totally wrong. The timing of an outage and what it causes you to miss are as big a consideration as how long it is. Not trying to pile on. Just curious if that explains some of the difference.

Yes some players missed TW and GA signup
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The issues were not the same, the compensation was different due to the difference in the issues.

If you would like to discuss the where the threshold is for these differences, please feel free to message CG_SBCrumb and he may be able to shed some light on where that line is.
This discussion has been closed.