GAC gp tiebreaker is unfair

Prev1
How is it fair that the higher gp player wins a tiebreak.
It isn't.
Make it a draw or if anyone it should go to the lower gp player.
Ridiculous

Replies

  • Whos the underdog though. A person with a high gp full of lvl 85 gear 5 all ability matted characters has a high gp but extreme disadvantage in war as they are fighting people with high gp on several good teams maxed.
  • Have you ever won a tie breaker?

  • PhatPat84 wrote: »
    How is it fair that the higher gp player wins a tiebreak.
    It isn't.
    Make it a draw or if anyone it should go to the lower gp player.
    Ridiculous

    If your a player, yes the underdog has outperformed the opponent

    If your making $$**Sales**$$... the player with the most spending gets the nod... spend more (raise your gp) and you’ll win ties, spend more win more, Spend More Win More, Spend MORE Win More, SPEND MORE WIN MORE, SPEND MMMOOOOOOORRRRREEEEEEE WIN MORE, SSSSPPPPEEEEENNNNNNDDDDDD MMMMMMMOOOOOOORRRRREEEEEE WWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN MMMMMMMOOOOOOORRRRRREEEEEEEEE !

  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Whos the underdog though. A person with a high gp full of lvl 85 gear 5 all ability matted characters has a high gp but extreme disadvantage in war as they are fighting people with high gp on several good teams maxed.

    The person with the lower GP will on average be at a disadvantage
  • ShaggyB
    936 posts Member
    edited February 14
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Whos the underdog though. A person with a high gp full of lvl 85 gear 5 all ability matted characters has a high gp but extreme disadvantage in war as they are fighting people with high gp on several good teams maxed.

    The person with the lower GP will on average be at a disadvantage

    I disagree.

    I am always pitted against players that have two sets of teams.... an offense set thats usually meta teams and a defense set made up of older meta teams with proper zeta and gear. They are almost always at a lower gp than me.

    Me.... i have an offense set of meta characters but my defense set is not as good. I either go all offense or all defense. I have no balance... but my gp is 5.5mil

    I am frequently out matched because my gp is so high. My roster is designed to get the most points it can from TB deploys without having all the gear invested in making say tuskens or jawas great. But i do have them all at around gear 6 or 7, all purple mats, lvl 85 and ready to deploy for good coverage.

    I dont mind as i just work to gear the latest meta and when thats done i go grab a defense squad and level it up.... so eventually i will be a contender.

    But for now i get walked on unless i make it where i cant best all the defense teams.

    So yes if i get a tie, i would hope my higher gp would net me the win because ive yet to take 1st place and frequently come in with 1 win or 0 wins in GAC
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Whos the underdog though. A person with a high gp full of lvl 85 gear 5 all ability matted characters has a high gp but extreme disadvantage in war as they are fighting people with high gp on several good teams maxed.

    The person with the lower GP will on average be at a disadvantage

    I disagree.

    I am always pitted against players that have two sets of teams.... an offense set thats usually meta teams and a defense set made up of older meta teams with proper zeta and gear. They are almost always at a lower gp than me.

    Me.... i have an offense set of meta characters but my defense set is not as good. I either go all offense or all defense. I have no balance... but my gp is 5.5mil

    I am frequently out matched because my gp is so high. My roster is designed to get the most points it can from TB deploys without having all the gear invested in making say tuskens or jawas great. But i do have them all at around gear 6 or 7, all purple mats, lvl 85 and ready to deploy for good coverage.

    I dont mind as i just work to gear the latest meta and when thats done i go grab a defense squad and level it up.... so eventually i will be a contender.

    But for now i get walked on unless i make it where i cant best all the defense teams.

    So yes if i get a tie, i would hope my higher gp would net me the win because ive yet to take 1st place and frequently come in with 1 win or 0 wins in GAC

    "On average"

    You disagree and then give your own anecdotal experience, that is valuable of course but it doesnt have bearing on how things work across a swath of players.

    Beyond the top 80 you have more, the higher GP (toon specifically but it's usually both) person will have more to work with, that is an advantage.
  • PhatPat84 wrote: »
    How is it fair that the higher gp player wins a tiebreak.
    It isn't.
    Make it a draw or if anyone it should go to the lower gp player.
    Ridiculous

    How "fair" would it be to do a complete reversal and change the rules after this many competitions? No, the best course of action is to establish rules and then be consistent.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • CG should make the person with the higher rank in that tournament win
  • You know, ties aren't unheard of but they are rare ... IF you actually defeat at least one squad on the other side.
  • Quite to the opposite. It is fair. The only aspect of collectible game that doesn’t punish you for you collection...
  • Ultra
    4885 posts Member
    PhatPat84 wrote: »
    How is it fair that the higher gp player wins a tiebreak.
    It isn't.
    Make it a draw or if anyone it should go to the lower gp player.
    Ridiculous

    Totally agree the underdog should be the winner.
    The idea is:

    1. If there was another attack / defend team as a tiebreaker match, the higher GP would win due to bigger depth not the underdog

    2. Discourages players from not increasing GP
  • Fluff a bunch of junk at the bottom of your roster to g7 so you’ll have higher GP without affecting your matchmaking. Problem solved.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png



  • Ultra wrote: »
    PhatPat84 wrote: »
    How is it fair that the higher gp player wins a tiebreak.
    It isn't.
    Make it a draw or if anyone it should go to the lower gp player.
    Ridiculous

    Totally agree the underdog should be the winner.
    The idea is:

    1. If there was another attack / defend team as a tiebreaker match, the higher GP would win due to bigger depth not the underdog

    But but but they only take top X toons into play with mm system. Glad to see you understand the importance of bench players though. You know, the thing the current mm ignores.
  • I've said it before and I'll say it again...

    Either lowest deployed GP (offense + defense) which gives you the more efficient player.

    Or a virtual coin flip which is still arbitrary but at least fair to both players.
  • What does it matter. If the lower galactic power player win a tie, the higher player would complain. Either way it’s complainers
  • Waqui
    6633 posts Member
    It's fine as it is. I've has 3 ties so far. Lost 2 and only just won my first during this championship.
  • ShaggyB
    936 posts Member
    edited February 14
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Whos the underdog though. A person with a high gp full of lvl 85 gear 5 all ability matted characters has a high gp but extreme disadvantage in war as they are fighting people with high gp on several good teams maxed.

    The person with the lower GP will on average be at a disadvantage

    I disagree.

    I am always pitted against players that have two sets of teams.... an offense set thats usually meta teams and a defense set made up of older meta teams with proper zeta and gear. They are almost always at a lower gp than me.

    Me.... i have an offense set of meta characters but my defense set is not as good. I either go all offense or all defense. I have no balance... but my gp is 5.5mil

    I am frequently out matched because my gp is so high. My roster is designed to get the most points it can from TB deploys without having all the gear invested in making say tuskens or jawas great. But i do have them all at around gear 6 or 7, all purple mats, lvl 85 and ready to deploy for good coverage.

    I dont mind as i just work to gear the latest meta and when thats done i go grab a defense squad and level it up.... so eventually i will be a contender.

    But for now i get walked on unless i make it where i cant best all the defense teams.

    So yes if i get a tie, i would hope my higher gp would net me the win because ive yet to take 1st place and frequently come in with 1 win or 0 wins in GAC

    "On average"

    You disagree and then give your own anecdotal experience, that is valuable of course but it doesnt have bearing on how things work across a swath of players.

    Beyond the top 80 you have more, the higher GP (toon specifically but it's usually both) person will have more to work with, that is an advantage.

    No its really not an advantage. Having a team of super weak level 85 characters is basically throwing them in a wood chipper.

    If you boosted your gp for TB, GAC will be brutal to you. That is a fact until you get to 16 or so fully geared, zeta teams. Add some relics and you will be fine.

    My gp is roughly 5.5 mil. I get matched with people with 4.5 to 5.5 mil.

    Those 4.5 mil guys are usually going to beat me as they have a smaller roster with higher level characters.

    Higher gp eventually wont mean anything... but until you get the teams built to have a full offense and full defense squad set, you are at a disadvantage with higher gp.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    It's fine as it is. I've has 3 ties so far. Lost 2 and only just won my first during this championship.

    Me 2 on won one for first time
  • It's effectively random. There are arguments that can be made for why higher vs lower should win. However, in the end, it's a factor that neither player can control, so it's basically a coinflip. You don't get to pick your opponent, so you can't choose one that's higher or lower. Just accept it as random.
  • Rath_Tarr
    2715 posts Member
    edited February 14
    jkray622 wrote: »
    It's effectively random. There are arguments that can be made for why higher vs lower should win. However, in the end, it's a factor that neither player can control, so it's basically a coinflip. You don't get to pick your opponent, so you can't choose one that's higher or lower. Just accept it as random.
    It is not under the player's control however neither is it random like a coin flip.

    In any given bracket of 8 players, the one with the highest GP has 100% chance to win a tie, the one with the lowest has 0% chance and the rest are somewhere in-between.

    If it were a simple coin-flip then all 8 players would have a 50% chance to win a tie no matter who their opponent.
  • Waqui
    6633 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    It's effectively random. There are arguments that can be made for why higher vs lower should win. However, in the end, it's a factor that neither player can control, so it's basically a coinflip. You don't get to pick your opponent, so you can't choose one that's higher or lower. Just accept it as random.
    It is not under the player's control however neither is it random like a coin flip.

    In any given bracket of 8 players, the one with the highest GP has 100% chance to win a tie, the one with the lowest has 0% chance and the rest are somewhere in-between.

    If it were a simple coin-flip then all 8 players would have a 50% chance to win a tie no matter who their opponent.

    Yes, the order is fixed once the group of 8 has been formed, but the "effectively random" bit comes before that - during matchmaking.

  • I like the coin flip idea. That would be much fairer
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Me.... i have an offense set of meta characters but my defense set is not as good. I either go all offense or all defense. I have no balance... but my gp is 5.5mil

    You're in Division 1 at 5.5m GP. In Div 1, everyone has a huge roster. So using the "my opponent has a few highly focused teams" excuse doesn't apply. If you're at 5.5m gp for taking ugnaught, jawas, lobot, CUP, Mob Enforcer and so on to R7, you can only blame yourself. Otherwise, you're clearly not taking the time to look through your opponent's roster and learning counters. You can't just go all out on offense or defense. Just need to play around with the teams you set for offense/defense in your division. Review your GAC history on swgoh.gg. Learn what people use against your teams. Find out what works or what doesn't work. You can't be relying on your GP alone in Div 1.

    If, by some miracle, you beat a 6m+ gp player in Div 1 at 5.5m, should you not get the win for that incredible underdog?

  • If it helps, think of it as the coin has already been flipped.
    Alternatively, try to realize the truth: there is no coin.
  • If it helps, think of it as the coin has already been flipped.
    Alternatively, try to realize the truth: there is no coin.
    The spoon is pre-bent! #WrongPillNeo ;)

    By the way, there is no evidence that the matchmaker is random in any way. Most likely it just splits up all the players by division+league into sets which are then (or already) sorted by matchmaking GP and works through each division+league set from top to bottom making groups of 8. Whoever is left over from each division+league set gets put in a group of 1-8 which would explain why low power rosters keep getting byes and popping up at the top of the league rankings.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Me.... i have an offense set of meta characters but my defense set is not as good. I either go all offense or all defense. I have no balance... but my gp is 5.5mil

    You're in Division 1 at 5.5m GP. In Div 1, everyone has a huge roster. So using the "my opponent has a few highly focused teams" excuse doesn't apply. If you're at 5.5m gp for taking ugnaught, jawas, lobot, CUP, Mob Enforcer and so on to R7, you can only blame yourself. Otherwise, you're clearly not taking the time to look through your opponent's roster and learning counters. You can't just go all out on offense or defense. Just need to play around with the teams you set for offense/defense in your division. Review your GAC history on swgoh.gg. Learn what people use against your teams. Find out what works or what doesn't work. You can't be relying on your GP alone in Div 1.

    If, by some miracle, you beat a 6m+ gp player in Div 1 at 5.5m, should you not get the win for that incredible underdog?

    “You can only blame yourself” that you lost due to lower GP, because that’s the current rule. The point of giving higher GP an advantage is to help with GP inflation and against intentionally not increasing GP. It’s a lot easier to increase than decrease GP.
  • Just got my first tie and lost. Like other commenters said here, I knew I'd have to get 1 more banner than my opponent to win since I had lower GP, so I have no one to blame but myself.

    Though, I took out their r6 Grevious with g12 (and below) Ewoks. That should count for something! Ha.

    Since I'm constantly matched up against opponents with higher GP, I'd of course love some other solution. But I know a ton of people who have been playing forever who have bloated GP and they get punished in modes like GAC and TW. So I get it.

    Though I don't think it would be too difficult to change GAC to allow for ties. The tournament continues to the next round based on wins and ties, with banners from that championship and/or lifetime as the tie breaker.

    Or, if you want to go even simpler, just make the GAC tiebreaker whoever has more lifetime GAC banners. That rewards success and effort.
  • I have never been in a situation where i had the same points as the opponent at the end of GA round. So this post is already too much time spent talking about something which happens very rarely
  • I just lost a draw due to being the lower gp person, that’s fine it is what it is I guess. But curious... if you have 2 players maxed roster (all g13’s and relic 7 with 6e mods) who wins the tie break in that circumstance ?
Sign In or Register to comment.