Prev13
Qleak
420 posts Member
edited March 2016
So they updated matchmaking yesterday

How was your galactic war today? 288 votes

Harder
22%
DragHeHateMeMittensRandalldano7591kozakjanosFinnvincentlondonMateosiusMLGebraunit900000DrexnawOwexBaillMithCyclopsEleiemDaddyngo007President_ScroobJ0K3RRoadhouse 64 votes
Easier
18%
ManicmouseHuitzyDidimosKingRyan17StarSonEikasCurryRonTomThomasLyleGruby03512PerongelukMr_BrightsideWill_Cocishugepapy72Awakened1130papnworsInternetSwagKurkiCometheloservangohThroningdata767 54 votes
The same
48%
scubaNessusChiron74Syth_HunterJabberwockydarksideSundodgerAbyssFantazyDeathSSlayerTaragorZtyleSlythRinnHBu3NoD_MillennialEM650PindasauskanonnumoreSlyBeatsBalbesDarthSamJackson 139 votes
The same but differently distributed
9%
SpeakenderKreyBaggodiJaybayblayIffyJediMasterGibsYarzahnDarthCranxIrrlichtjedii_2040AlexHermanssonGrAltoon33SnaketcorneliubrvJensxnCatarraMo_lizaDarthSwoleBrombngman 26 votes
Other (describe below)
1%
HurricaneZenDogaStarjumperStormTro0p3R_H 5 votes

Replies

• Options
    Harder
    I'm at level 53 cap and my opponents are 55-60 :<
  • thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    i actually finished GW for the first time last night, seemed a lot easier than usual, but i have been gearing up etc? dunno. was pleased tho.

edit: for those interested, im level 55, with Sid lead, lumi, JC, IG86 and GS. I had to send in a suicide squad on level 11, and retreated and swapped sid and lumi a few times. wasnt really paying attention to the opponent's levels except for the last stage which was 56-60 ish.

but was surprisingly easy/easier, never got beyond level 9 previously. the extra bonuses were very nice, although the nightsister initiate shard i got isnt likely to be much use to me in the near future...

cheers
    Post edited by thee_pdx on
  • Options
    Easier
    I'm level 70 with mostly 6 and 7 star characters geared up. It used to take me over an hour to complete it with multiple retreats and several teams. Today I finished in under 30 minutes with my b team. I have to think that the adjustments have made it much easier.
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Easier
    I'd say mine was both distributed differently and a easier. The level 70 purple gears didn't start till node 6
  • Options
    Mine was equally distributed and easier than in recent weeks.
  • Options
    Easier

32012294.jpg
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Easier
    my first node usually was a level 61-65 ... today it was a level 58 ... usually at node 4 or 5, i face all 7* level 70 chars, today, the first 5x 7* level 70 was seen at node 11 ... in average, it looks like, the teams where somewhere around 3 levels lower, as the days before. but its the first day and gw differs from day to day ...

Btw i noticed alot more variety in teams.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Easier
    I only use 1 healer in GW today
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Easier
    Seem better to me. Got much farther in the nodes but still challenging as I could not defeat a team with ewok elder and old daka with two other healers on my last node. I think tomorrow will be even better.
  • Options
    Harder
    A little harder but still finished it. Usually I finish with losing maybe 1 or 2 characters from my A team. Today I lost a bunch on node 10, but no other way to finish it. At that point only two nodes left so I pieced together teams from B squad and arena tanks I didn't care if I lost.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Easier
    My GW was surprisingly easier.

As a note: I keep my power around 23,000 in arena. I could go higher, but then I would have a harder time in GW and since I need credits and I am F2P, I dont want to open that can of worms.

Normally around node 5 I start hitting full 7* lvl 70 g8 teams.

Today I hit a few 7* teams, but not fully lvl 70. One team was Sid, QGJ, Lumi, Bariss at 7*, but then had a 6* lvl 67 Eek.

I wasn't getting smashfaced on the last nodes either, so I think I'll keep my arena power low :)
  • Options
    The same
    Hmm, farmable as every day, last 6-8 nodes are mostly 7* 70 chars but with some tries it is doable ...
    I normally use 5*QGJ(L), 7*Lumi, 6*JC, 5*Yoda, 4*RG and can walk through it without loosing one toon in 50% of the cases , except if I face a high Speed DD team then suicide Poe jumps in and does what he can do best ... dying!
  • Options
    The same
    Pretty much the same. Once I hit battles 5-12, retreats become more common. I find that changing my leader seems to help. Except when I play a maxed out droid squad that nukes me before I can retreat.
  • boy2sok
    95 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The same
    7* full geard toons showed up @ 4th node. Seems to be scattered a bit up to 12th node..
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Easier
    Mine was easier, and the rewards (not the credits) seemed better. Though, it may technically still be yesterday's GW, since I don't remember when I reset yesterday.
  • Options
    Harder
    marginally harder... faced three teams with poggle, phasma and qui gon, which is a little unusual for GW from my experience. Still easy though (~30mins). I think a level cap raise will really start to make it much more of a challenge.
  • Options
    The same
    It was the same but I've been able to beat it with one squad and rarely any retreats for awhile.
  • Options
    Harder
    It s imposdible to finish GW again :|
  • Mittens
    967 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Harder
    Harder, but just by a few levels. Just took an extra 5 mins on retreats and planning than normal to complete.
  • BeansDad
    124 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The same
    A couple very hard match ups... Had to send in a couple cannon fodder to remove specials on 2 or 3 battles . Used mostly all valuable characters, managed to still have a decent lineup for the final match and won..(got a lobot shard heh) Fully geared lvl 70 from midpoint, with only 2 matches being exceptionally troublesome due to synergy. Also had to retreat and try different kill orders due to RNG. Pretty satisfying to win the final match, but time consuming.

Edit... Dooku as a leader in GW is kind of a pain BTW.... Lol
  • Options
    The same
    I haven't had time to finish yet but I think I'm up to node 9. I didn't notice much of a difference. First two nodes were easier squads. Then I get about 3 nodes of around level 65 squads but they are generally fully starred and geared. Then the final 6-7 nodes are pretty much maxed. Fair enough though. I have built up a pretty big Arsenal at this point.

I did notice that Sid was absent from 2 of the 9 nodes so far so that is a lower % than usual.
  • Options
    Easier
    Fresh lvl 70 here. It was easier. I clear it daily but today had less retreats and deaths. Could have just been an easy day though, idk
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My GW got drastically easier a few days ago. Maybe a couple weeks? Not sure.

After the patch, it actually looked like I got higher level guys a bit sooner, but overall, the teams I faced were easier, especially in the last few fights. I never had to retreat, switch out toons, or even change from Barriss to QGJ lead for certain battles to ensure I got a quick heal off.

I think I might like this a little better since it seems like I can swap in subs and try alternate team configurations a bit easier. Alternate teams were more viable in more battles today. I just didn't do it because I was paranoid that the hammer was about to drop on the next match which never happened.

If it stays like this, it will be more fun, but it's just one day.
    Post edited by Krey on
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    The same
    Still the same as always for me, none of the updates seems like they have affected my GW
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Brom
    236 posts Member
    Options
    I'm level 66. I used to get lvl 70 teams after node 9. Now I get them starting node 6.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    The same
    The same. I hit level 70 teams after about the 6th node which has been average. Got 600 tokens, again average. Where's the info on this matchmaking update?
  • Options
    Easier
    I'm level 70 with 28K+ power in Arena wins.

In the past my first 3-4 battles were super easy and then it would jump to all level 70 completely maxed teams until the end.

I noticed today that the enemy teams progressed more incrementally by power. Early nodes would be a level 70 team but not all characters were that high a level and weren't starred up and then it progressively got harder until the last 4 nodes were all maxed teams.

Let's see what tomorrow brings but based on today I would say they intended for the new patch to work this way - but I'm not sure because there were no details in the patch notes.
  • Options
    The same
    This was the first time i faced yoda in gw. He was on teams in three different nodes. 7 star lvl 70 with max gear teams beginning on node 4.
  • Options
    Harder
    The teams were more powerful, but then so were mine. This was expected because I just starred up 4/5 of my Arena team and gained 1.6k power and max levelled my GW teams. Net result: beat GW using 3 teams and didn't lose anybody. GW working pretty well, seems to me.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Harder
    The character levels and star levels were higher than previous. But that didn't make it much harder. What made it a lot harder was the AI usually just focusing fire on one of my heroes.