How was your galactic war today?

Replies

• MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Options
    Harder
    Dear god it was anti-fun and grueling beyond what any game should reasonably put me through.

It's a war of attrition, it's supposed to be hard and whatever, but oh my lord... I had to spend like 45 minutes just getting through the 6th node, only to find a maxed out team on node 7. Please, revert your "fix" lol.
  • Options
    Harder
    Randall wrote: »
    The character levels and star levels were higher than previous. But that didn't make it much harder. What made it a lot harder was the AI usually just focusing fire on one of my heroes.

This is an issue I have with GW. AI behaves differently than arena. It behaves in a way to make it hardest to get through a node cleanly. The WOSRT offenders are Sidious and Kylo, who more often than not will forgo their special on their first turn to attempt to heal block

• Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Easier
    Randall wrote: »
    The character levels and star levels were higher than previous. But that didn't make it much harder. What made it a lot harder was the AI usually just focusing fire on one of my heroes.

This is an issue I have with GW. AI behaves differently than arena. It behaves in a way to make it hardest to get through a node cleanly. The WOSRT offenders are Sidious and Kylo, who more often than not will forgo their special on their first turn to attempt to heal block

But Sid's special does DOT ;)

Akbar led rebels+ a healer do pretty well against oodles of Sid's, Vaders and Kylos
  • Options
    The same
    About the same. Node 6 and on were all maxed teams.
  • Options
    Easier
    A lot more variety of teams. This made it easier, wasn't trying to slug my was through 5 teams of Kilo, Daka, and Sid (heal-blocking and stunning the crap out of me) in the last 6 stages....just 2 today :smiley:
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • Options
    Easier
    Been that way for about a week now was very hard up to last week
  • Zen
    126 posts Member
    Options
    Other (describe below)
    One word: boring
  • Options
    Harder
    Made it two battles farther, but that was with a new strategy. The third to last battle was all maxed out charactors who all 30 of my characters could only whittle down to dodge sidious, which is exactly what he did
  • Options
    Easier
    https://youtu.be/MxrEiP9KmtI

It was easier as usual. Made a video of it, probably some of you guys may benefit on how to finish GW.
  • Options
    The same
    I did get a random teebo shard on round 10. As well as a very needed Ima-Gun Di shard on 12. So I got that going for me.... Which is nice.
  • Options
    Easier than yesterday. Had to retreat a couple times, but only had to send in one suicide squad.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Harder
    theHejiN wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/MxrEiP9KmtI

It was easier as usual. Made a video of it, probably some of you guys may benefit on how to finish GW.

You use exactly the same team I use. RG, Daka, and JC swap out in that 5th spot as needed
  • Options
    Other (describe below)
    Difficulty was hard to gauge in terms of whether it changed, but I could of swore after a retreat I played the first several choices the same to ko the same character first, but the ai didn't play the same. I didn't retreat except for that once so I may be mistaken.
  • Roadhouse
    47 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Harder
    So once I passed lvl 60 galactic war has become ridiculously difficult. I've not been able to make it to the final 3 at all. I have completely maxed out lvl 70s and I can still get one shotted sometimes. It's ridic. They need to ease up on the difficulty some.
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Harder
    Funny, I was wondering why it was so hard. Didn't know they changed it.
    Why am I not surprised? Every GW update has made it harder for me. Crap!
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    The same
    Same for me, but I run it with a team that's technically not the "best" so I get "tough nodes". Which is the reason I run it with a C team from 1 to 12. Personal practice/testing
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    Harder
    A little harder, still not yet frustrating
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Other (describe below)
    Outstanding
  • Options
    The same but differently distributed
    Sidious was only in the last 9 nodes instead of all 12
  • Options
    Other (describe below)
    This is pointless. The update has only allowed 1 play of GW so what are you comparing - 1 day vs the last few weeks? Lol. People like to ask these questions way too early. In a week or so well know if the update has been significant - any answers now are purely subjective
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    It's actually gotten a little easier, but I think it's because I'm finally farther up on the learning curve. Suicide squads, multiple retreats when necessary and shifting of strategy, making sure that Barriss is on the team in harder battles, it's all been a huge help on top of gearing/starring/leveling up toons. I finished GW for the first time on Monday and have now beaten it 4 days in a row. Love those credits!
    "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes." ~ Leia Organa
  • Options
    Mine had some oddly RNG-esque lower level teams that actually gave me some trouble, and everyone targeted dooku.... But I've beaten GW the last 5 days surprisingly. Level 70 here for awhile.

I'm starting to believe the theory that having more lower level toons impacts your GW battles because I'm sitting on like 5-6 level 1 toons
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Easier
    Starjumper wrote: »
    This is pointless. The update has only allowed 1 play of GW so what are you comparing - 1 day vs the last few weeks? Lol. People like to ask these questions way too early. In a week or so well know if the update has been significant - any answers now are purely subjective

I'm not complaining.. I'm looking for a larger sample size. My question is subjective, but combined with others subjective responses the answer seems clear. There isn't an appreciable subjective difference on day one. About the same number of people thought it was harder than easier and most people thought it was about the same :)
  • Options
    Other (describe below)
    Qleak wrote: »
    Starjumper wrote: »

I'm not complaining.. I'm looking for a larger sample size. My question is subjective, but combined with others subjective responses the answer seems clear. There isn't an appreciable subjective difference on day one. About the same number of people thought it was harder than easier and most people thought it was about the same :)

No worries. I get it wasn't a complaint. I just thought it's a bit early to be asking with only one war as comparison. People mind find it easier on day 1 and harder for the next 6 days and vice versa so voting with only one days data seems counterintuitive.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The same
    Where did OP get this nonsense that things changed? I just made it to node 3 and came against a level 70 team. Only lost one character, which is pretty bad for node 3, then the next team was level 61-65 and I made short work of them. Following that, on node 5, a geared up level 70 team that crushed me.

It's just as horrible as ever. Why is it so hard for them to not allow fully geared level 70 teams in too early? It's been brought up multiple times ever since I started playing this months ago. You'd think a power level cap would be applied to each node. If it is it's broken as ****.
    Post edited by LeoRavus on
  • Options
    Largely the same but my very first node contained 3 purple 70's and two level 1 2* which was a little strange.
  • Qleak
    420 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Easier
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    Where did OP get this nonsense that things changed? .

@LeoRavus Do you read the forum?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/22341/game-update-3-23-2016#latest
  • morcsea
    164 posts Member
    Options
    Harder
    It was ok until node 5, from 6 to 12 was a lot harder.
  • Options
    The same
    Hard to say. Been beating GW regularly.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Easier
    Should be able to edit my vote ... its now way, way harder as before ... the variety of teams made it harder. i now often see typical arena-teams having 5 fast hard hitting damage dealers, only defeatable by thousands of retreats to find the one way where their AI fails and doesnt use too many special abilities.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.