GenSki

Prev1
Why ate you NOT fixing GenSki? That is total ****. I run Padme in Arena, and that **** interaction that allows him to counter before kneeling is game changing for Padme teams.

Replies

• TVF
    36610 posts Member
    Options
    SMPWalker wrote: »
    Why ate you NOT fixing GenSki? That is total ****. I run Padme in Arena, and that **** interaction that allows him to counter before kneeling is game changing for Padme teams.

General Skiwalker?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

If one or two extra counter attacks kill your team, might I suggest making your team better?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

So... you are upset that General Skywalker’s kit now works as it is written in the ability description?
  • Ultra
    11510 posts Moderator
    Options
    is game changing for Padme teams.
    game changing? New content!
  • Options
    Agreed, a big thumb down followed by booing at CG for that insulting post that just appeared in the dev news. Bugs now don't get fixed anymore at all, just the kit descriptions will be adjusted (if they find the 5 minutes for doing so) and we, the players and customers, are the losers again. I never thought I would quit this game but I'm getting real close right now.
  • Options
    What negative affect does this have against Padme teams? Out of turn attacks actually help that team.
  • Options
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Agreed, a big thumb down followed by booing at CG for that insulting post that just appeared in the dev news. Bugs now don't get fixed anymore at all, just the kit descriptions will be adjusted (if they find the 5 minutes for doing so) and we, the players and customers, are the losers again. I never thought I would quit this game but I'm getting real close right now.

They don't need to edit the description. It's now working exactly as described.
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

It's not. It was all fine before the change that was meant to fix a different bug. My Dralak team didn't win every battle, it came down to an rng factor and of course how the opponent team was modded. Now since that new bug, even the weakest GAS teams strike me down in 70% of the battles.
  • UdalCuain
    5015 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    In other words it was fine because you were beating it more often?

If an extra counter attack is messing your team up maybe rethink your set up.

Counters happen during the attacking units turn, and Skywalker doesn't go into cover until the end of a turn, ergo now working as described in his kit.
  • Options
    I dont think its the extra counter that has stopped padme teams beating him (I also run padme as my main team) something else has changed with padme lead so that the stacks are building or not building in the same way. The extra attack makes no difference really, it's the lack of damage that the reduction in stacks is causing that's the issue.

• Options

It's not. It was all fine before the change that was meant to fix a different bug. My Dralak team didn't win every battle, it came down to an rng factor and of course how the opponent team was modded. Now since that new bug, even the weakest GAS teams strike me down in 70% of the battles.

nope, now it is working as written
    7s8e50dmn7y9.png

counter attacks are a part of the attacking units turn.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options

Counters happen during the attacking units turn, and Skywalker doesn't go into cover until the end of a turn, ergo now working as described in his kit.
    I only use myself as an example because we all can only speak out of own experiences. But arena was almost kind of balanced, we had GAS, Padme, Dralak and still some GG nuke teams who could climb to the Dralaks. Now the top 20 is only one team again, as boring as it was before and everyone without the team is making less crystals than before. Only CG can like that, as a player I can find nothing positive about it, and GAS owners in my shard think the same because it still influences their alternate counters for GAC, too.
    You must sit on a very high horse to speak about my set up, it was a regular counter and previous meta, not any kind of squishy counter team.

7s8e50dmn7y9.png

It's not and that's easier to tell with Dralak than Padme. I won't write an essay about every single interaction depending on which character hits him, but he always counters even if he should not. Thereby he can kill a key character that would be needed to win the battle at the end.
  • Options

I only use myself as an example because we all can only speak out of own experiences. But arena was almost kind of balanced, we had GAS, Padme, Dralak and still some GG nuke teams who could climb to the Dralaks. Now the top 20 is only one team again, as boring as it was before and everyone without the team is making less crystals than before. Only CG can like that, as a player I can find nothing positive about it, and GAS owners in my shard think the same because it still influences their alternate counters for GAC, too.
    You must sit on a very high horse to speak about my set up, it was a regular counter and previous meta, not any kind of squishy counter team.

7s8e50dmn7y9.png

It's not and that's easier to tell with Dralak than Padme. I won't write an essay about every single interaction depending on which character hits him, but he always counters even if he should not. Thereby he can kill a key character that would be needed to win the battle at the end.

Prove that he is countering when he should not, because in my experience he does not counter attacks that can not be countered. ever. also, nothing you wrote disproves the fact that he should be countering before entering cover according to his kit.
  • Options
    Guys. As we said in other threads... It is working as intended right now!
    If you don't think so you should move away from a turn based game. Maybe it is too complicated to be honest. Only my personal opinion.
  • Options

I'll explain why GAS is now working as written using Darth Revan's kit as an example then, if that makes it easier for you. Darth Revan's lead states "At the end of each turn, if an enemy fell below 50% Health during that turn, inflict Deathmark on the enemy leader for 1 turn. This Deathmark can't be copied, dispelled, evaded, or resisted". Note the same wording as General Skywalker's ability.

Say he hits an opponent with Fear using his basic, knocking them below 50% health, then hits a second time. The Deathmark won't appear on the enemy leader in between the two strikes. It has to wait until all the associated actions with the turn are done.

Counter attacks happen with the attacking units turn, so General Skywalker, per how his kit is written, now counters first, then when the enemy's turn is over he goes into cover.
  • Options
    Genski is his Polish cousin, duh
  • Options
    Genski is his Polish cousin, duh

Closely related to Jetski.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Apparently commenting "RUSSIANS!!!" as a joke gets removed from the thread. So sensitive around here.
  • Options
    So people are getting mad that General Skywalker is now the apex of the meta? These are the same people who were completely fine when their sith empire team destroyed all other teams with no real counters
  • Options

So what did the kit say before that has since changed?
  • thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Decided I'd say something witty to cover up for the fact this double posted.
    Post edited by thecarterologist958 on
  • Options
    GenSki, the Polish Jedi Master.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

Says the same thing, people are just mad because CG realized if they make him work how he use to they would need to change his description as well
  • Options

Says the same thing, people are just mad because CG realized if they make him work how he use to they would need to change his description as well

No, they wouldn't. It always worked the way it did, until it didn't. The description covers either scenario. The reason they aren't going to change it is because it doesn't actually matter, and it would take way too much work to do it without screwing up something else.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    there is also MalaSki who is polish cousin of Malak
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    His whole family is, ah, skiskiskiskiskiskiskiski
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36610 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Anakin ASCII

.-.
    |_:_|
    /(_Y_)\
    . ( \/M\/ )
    '. _.'-/'-'\-'._
    ': _/.--'[[[[]'--.\_
    ': /_' : |::"| : '.\
    ': // ./ |oUU| \.' :\
    ': _:'..' \_|___|_/ : :|
    ':. .' |_[___]_| :.':\
    [::\ | : | | : ; : \
    '-' \/'.| |.' \ .;.' |
    |\_ \ '-' : |
    | \ \ .: : | |
    | \ | '. : \ |
    / \ :. .; |
    / | | :__/ : \\
    | | | \: | \ | ||
    / \ : : |: / |__| /|
    | : : :_/_| /'._\ '--|_\
    /___.-/_|-' \ \

EDIT: Lol that does not work at all once the text editor gets a hold of it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH