Requirements for Finalizer (speculation)

2Next

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Polinski08 wrote: »
    It's been 2 weeks, where is the kit.... mmmmm I wonder why the p3 GL prerequisites arent out.... mmmm maybe it's because when they offical release relic 7 Rose Taco will be needed, devs dont want to have to answer negativity on their QandA

They can just ignore the questions they don't like, as always.
  • Options
    Speaking from a personal standpoint, I've seen the Palpmobile in a few fleet arena battles so that lowers the chance for me. Not by much, but a little.
    There's the chance of needing Y-wing because it's recently released and I've never seen that ship used at all.
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    Speaking from a personal standpoint, I've seen the Palpmobile in a few fleet arena battles so that lowers the chance for me. Not by much, but a little.
    There's the chance of needing Y-wing because it's recently released and I've never seen that ship used at all.
    If you believe that, then you are paying no attention and giving zero credit.

The ships required for the Raddus event make reasonable mechanical sense with the Raddus, erring recent. Turns out there's not a full Resistance fleet to require, after all. And it requires none of the extremely recent ships (Sep droid ships, Y-Wing).

If the Finalizer follows suit, then it will be similar. The most consistent with that will be First Order and Sith ships, which make for a mechanically coherent fleet.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    It’s easy for CG to run a script which shows them the 3 ships most people do not have at 7*
    Requirement will be 4 FO and the 3 ships that script will output.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

The ships required for the Raddus event make reasonable mechanical sense with the Raddus, erring recent. Turns out there's not a full Resistance fleet to require, after all. And it requires none of the extremely recent ships (Sep droid ships, Y-Wing).

The bunch of random ships unable to compete with any thematic fleet is "make reasonable mechanical sense"? Nice joke.
  • Options
    Hortus wrote: »

The bunch of random ships unable to compete with any thematic fleet is "make reasonable mechanical sense"? Nice joke.

Well, yeah. All of the ships make sense together as a group and within the defined fleets in the game right now. Obviously the 3 resistance ships go with the resistance capital ship. The hounds tooth is the best general use tank in the game (and in 85% of top 100 fleets), Ahsoka is a great reinforcement who can take down the opposing HT, EH is another fantastic reinforce with a mass buff dispell and cargo ship synergy (both falcons and the HT), and finally Lando's falcon has one of the best reinforce abilities (taking a bonus turn for each other reinforcement).

Yeah, the fleet makes sense as a misfit collection of mostly fleet-less ships (Ahsoka is the oddball imo). sometimes you need to look past faction tags to find the appropriate synergy.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

Well, yeah. All of the ships make sense together as a group and within the defined fleets in the game right now. Obviously the 3 resistance ships go with the resistance capital ship. The hounds tooth is the best general use tank in the game (and in 85% of top 100 fleets), Ahsoka is a great reinforcement who can take down the opposing HT, EH is another fantastic reinforce with a mass buff dispell and cargo ship synergy (both falcons and the HT), and finally Lando's falcon has one of the best reinforce abilities (taking a bonus turn for each other reinforcement).

Yeah, the fleet makes sense as a misfit collection of mostly fleet-less ships (Ahsoka is the oddball imo). sometimes you need to look past faction tags to find the appropriate synergy.

Calling a mix of whatever is left "synergy" is a bit of a stretch. You have listed why the ships are good individually, not why they should be put together.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Calling a mix of whatever is left "synergy" is a bit of a stretch. You have listed why the ships are good individually, not why they should be put together.

No, I listed why they are good in a fleet and the role they serve. Maybe synergy was the wrong word, replace it with "sometimes you need to look past faction tags to find the appropriate strategy".
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

No, I listed why they are good in a fleet and the role they serve. Maybe synergy was the wrong word, replace it with "sometimes you need to look past faction tags to find the appropriate strategy".

Yeah, strategy makes sense. Synergy implies that the whole is more than sum of its parts, which isn't the case here.
  • Options

Well, you can apply exactly same logic to the same bunch of ships under ANY capship. Take three rebels (guess which), add HT, EH, Ashoka and Lando's Falcon... will it work better or worse? I'd say MUCH better. But no one use such lineups in reality because there are much better alternatives.

Care to explain why people use "fantastic" EH as reinforcement about as often as mighty and dreaded Jedi Consular? :) The ships used aren't exactly bad, they just pretty situational and, for certain, you can use them to manually exploit AI weakness on defense. But that's it. There is no real synergy between them.
  • Options

Well, you can apply exactly same logic to the same bunch of ships under ANY capship. Take three rebels (guess which), add HT, EH, Ashoka and Lando's Falcon... will it work better or worse? I'd say MUCH better. But no one use such lineups in reality because there are much better alternatives.

Care to explain why people use "fantastic" EH as reinforcement about as often as mighty and dreaded Jedi Consular? :) The ships used aren't exactly bad, they just pretty situational and, for certain, you can use them to manually exploit AI weakness on defense. But that's it. There is no real synergy between them.

But we are not talking about any capital ships, we are talking about a specific one that does not have a full 7 ship fleet to support it. Of course using this lineup under the other cap ships wouldn't make that much sense as they already have a solid fleet to support them.

Why do as many people us JC as EH? Have you checked the fleet meta lately? I see there happens to be a capital ship that uses Galactic Republic characters as its suggested fleet, might be something there.
  • Options
    But we are not talking about any capital ships, we are talking about a specific one that does not have a full 7 ship fleet to support it. Of course using this lineup under the other cap ships wouldn't make that much sense as they already have a solid fleet to support them.

That's part of my point. First, devs are fully in control what will be released and when, yet they release capship event without support of thematic fleet, with random ships. I see no sense in it. Second, you say that there is some specific "synergy" in this ships for Raddus (past the faction tags), but changing it with another capship+3 clearly displays that it doesn't - exactly same ships will work not worse but sometimes even better under another leaderships.
    Why do as many people us JC as EH? Have you checked the fleet meta lately? I see there happens to be a capital ship that uses Galactic Republic characters as its suggested fleet, might be something there.

That's, again, part of my point. Feel the meaning of synergy - crappy ship (but with synergy) is used as often as very good one (but without it).
  • Options

That's part of my point. First, devs are fully in control what will be released and when, yet they release capship event without support of thematic fleet, with random ships. I see no sense in it. Second, you say that there is some specific "synergy" in this ships for Raddus (past the faction tags), but changing it with another capship+3 clearly displays that it doesn't - exactly same ships will work not worse but sometimes even better under another leaderships.

That's, again, part of my point. Feel the meaning of synergy - crappy ship (but with synergy) is used as often as very good one (but without it).

See my edit about synergy vs strategy. But to your point, no, I do not think this collection of ships would work anywhere near as well under any other Capital ships since the Resistance ships are not good under other captials.
  • Options
    On some countries they already have the new weekly shipments, and they include ships and pilots that really look like the requirements for the Finalizer (especially since right now in my weekly shipments I have the pilots and ships required for the Raddus).
    They have:
    - all FO ships except Tie/S
    - Vader’s ship
    - Xanadu Blood
    - Slave I
    - Hound’s Tooth

It’s a bit surprising that the TIE/S isn’t in the shipments... but I hope these really are the requirements because I have all of them maxed out!
    Let’s wait for official confirmation.
  • Options
    The synergy suggestions on the kit reveal have HT, Ebon Hawk and Lando's Falcon again. For the Raddus, the required ships were the same as the synergy suggestions. If we need Lando's Falcon again for a capital ship that has zero to do with Lando's Falcon, then that's utter garbage.
  • Options
    The synergy suggestions on the kit reveal have HT, Ebon Hawk and Lando's Falcon again. For the Raddus, the required ships were the same as the synergy suggestions. If we need Lando's Falcon again for a capital ship that has zero to do with Lando's Falcon, then that's utter garbage.

I hope that’s not true for the sake of those who do not have those ships.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Oh imagine that HT synergy suggestion

AGAIN

Lazy

Well, it does work well with everything, being hands down the best ship tank and all...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Oh imagine that HT synergy suggestion

AGAIN

Lazy

Well, it does work well with everything, being hands down the best ship tank and all...

Which is boring and lazy

Give us another tank or 2 I say

2 recently released ships happen to be tanks, still no end of HT. I bet they are regretting ever releasing that monstrosity...
  • Options
    With the release of the Raddus, they released the requirements before the Dev insight. Now, however, still no sign of the requirements...
  • Options

I hope that's it because I have all the FO ships as well as those three seven starred already.
  • TVF
    36684 posts Member
    Options
    Moorebid wrote: »
    With the release of the Raddus, they released the requirements before the Dev insight. Now, however, still no sign of the requirements...

Datamine.

Regardless, does it matter? You could finish your farms in one day?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH