Hyperdrive bundle

Prev1
Does anyone know how the hyperdrive bundle works if I'm already level 71 with some 5 star characters already? Will I get the shards to make them 7 star? I'll still get all of the stuff that I'm supposed to get right?

Replies

• Options
    You'll not get shards. The bundle doesn't include shards.

Characters that you already have 5* or higher stay that way. Characters you haven't unlocked or are below 5* are unlocked and promoted to 5*.
  • Options
    The bundle does a character merge with your roster and leaves you with the best options. if the character is already 5*, you will not gain any shards. Characters below 5* will be upped to 5, below gear 8 will be upped to that level, and so on with the abilities and the level.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    Well then sounds like it's too late for me to bother...
  • Options
    Iam4u2NV wrote: »

It's one of the best value packs they've ever done, even without the characters. If you spend it's worth it for the gear alone.

This thread has a break down of how the bundle works if you need it: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/220084/hyperdrive-bundle-details
  • Options
    I mean only my Phoenix and separatists are really at that level. It's all the dumb characters I need to do the legendary events that I just don't wanna spend time grinding on...
  • Options
    UdalCuain wrote: »

It's one of the best value packs they've ever done, even without the characters. If you spend it's worth it for the gear alone.

This thread has a break down of how the bundle works if you need it: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/220084/hyperdrive-bundle-details

Thanks man. I do spend, I've only been playing a little over a month and I think I've done alot for that short time. Thanks again for your help
  • Options
    Any recommendations on which squad to focus all this gear on?
  • Options
    I just wanted to point out that if you have already paid for some packs, you lose your money here. I can understand them upgrading the characters and equipment for the free items (well not free you have played the game to earn them), but for the items you actually paid money for you get screwed over. I had spent already a pretty penny on the game and with the hyperdrive bundle it basically wiped out my purchases. Customer Support doesn't follow their guarantee of client satisfaction there so they don't help. I got the same email from them twice so they don't even read what you send them ( I had more details which they never responded to).One thing to point out, and I hope the developers read this, there is no disclaimer in the game saying that the hyperdrive bundle wipes out your cash purchases, there is no link off of the bundle to point you to the forums, so I did not know that this is what it did. If I did I would have second thoughts about doing it. The hyperdrive bundle in essence was more then double the price. Being a new player, I do not go to the forums to check out everything. I play the game on the phone, not on a computer.
  • Options
    RoninRedux wrote: »
    I just wanted to point out that if you have already paid for some packs, you lose your money here. I can understand them upgrading the characters and equipment for the free items (well not free you have played the game to earn them), but for the items you actually paid money for you get screwed over. I had spent already a pretty penny on the game and with the hyperdrive bundle it basically wiped out my purchases. Customer Support doesn't follow their guarantee of client satisfaction there so they don't help. I got the same email from them twice so they don't even read what you send them ( I had more details which they never responded to).One thing to point out, and I hope the developers read this, there is no disclaimer in the game saying that the hyperdrive bundle wipes out your cash purchases, there is no link off of the bundle to point you to the forums, so I did not know that this is what it did. If I did I would have second thoughts about doing it. The hyperdrive bundle in essence was more then double the price. Being a new player, I do not go to the forums to check out everything. I play the game on the phone, not on a computer.

You got value from those previous purchases for whatever time you had in advance of the hyperdrive bundle. You pay for time in this game which is exactly what you got, and there's no reason you should get any other refund
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

nothing wipes out purchases, what do you mean?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

nothing wipes out purchases, what do you mean?

He is saying that his previous purchases are negated. If he spent on packs and gear to get his Mob enforcer to 5* G8, then it was wasted as the hyperdrive does the same thing.
  • Options

You got value from those previous purchases for whatever time you had in advance of the hyperdrive bundle. You pay for time in this game which is exactly what you got, and there's no reason you should get any other refund[/quote]

I am not sure what game you are playing, but we are not paying for "time" in this game, we are paying for character shards/blueprints or upgrades. If your explanation is true that we are only paying for "time" then are you saying at some point all the purchases people do will be taken away?

Look at it this way, If someone was to purchase the hyperdrive bundle first then the character packages, then those character shards and blueprints would stay in your inventory. Buying the hyperdrive bundle afterwards wipes the character shards and blueprints from your bundle by a flaw in the bundle description. The bundle description first says it does not add any shards or blueprints to your characters, but then later says it "tops up" those shards and blueprints to the intended level. So if you purchased a character bundle for Jedi Knight Anakin and get 40 shards and then get the hypdrive bundle at a later date, those 40 shards you purchased for cash gets wiped and you are back down to 0 shards even though your JKA is now at 5 star. If you have purchased something, then you should still have it, not have it taken away. That is my point.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

You got value from those previous purchases for whatever time you had in advance of the hyperdrive bundle. You pay for time in this game which is exactly what you got, and there's no reason you should get any other refund

I am not sure what game you are playing, but we are not paying for "time" in this game, we are paying for character shards/blueprints or upgrades. If your explanation is true that we are only paying for "time" then are you saying at some point all the purchases people do will be taken away?

Look at it this way, If someone was to purchase the hyperdrive bundle first then the character packages, then those character shards and blueprints would stay in your inventory. Buying the hyperdrive bundle afterwards wipes the character shards and blueprints from your bundle by a flaw in the bundle description. The bundle description first says it does not add any shards or blueprints to your characters, but then later says it "tops up" those shards and blueprints to the intended level. So if you purchased a character bundle for Jedi Knight Anakin and get 40 shards and then get the hypdrive bundle at a later date, those 40 shards you purchased for cash gets wiped and you are back down to 0 shards even though your JKA is now at 5 star. If you have purchased something, then you should still have it, not have it taken away. That is my point.

Anything in this game is available for free, if you are willing to put in enough time. So when you pay for a toon instead of grind it out over time, you’re spending money in lieu of time to get it for free - hence “paying for time”.
    You’re paying for early access to it, in other words.

The argument is, “you paid to have early access to JKA, and you got it”. So nothing is being taken away.

Saying all that, I’d love to get the shards to all the included toons/ships. For an end game player, that’s a LOT of shard shop currency. Which is why they structured it this way I believe, as that much currency would throw everything else out of whack.
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

He is saying that his previous purchases are negated. If he spent on packs and gear to get his Mob enforcer to 5* G8, then it was wasted as the hyperdrive does the same thing.

If anyone spent on packs and gear to get Mob Enforcer to any gear level at all it was wasted whether they also got the hyperdrive bundle or not :smile:
  • Options

Saying all that, I’d love to get the shards to all the included toons/ships. For an end game player, that’s a LOT of shard shop currency. Which is why they structured it this way I believe, as that much currency would throw everything else out of whack.

IIRC, it could potentially be up to 130k shard shop currency if you had all the characters already. There is no way they sell the bundle for $99 bucks if that was a possibility =)

• kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Synaptic wrote: »

IIRC, it could potentially be up to 130k shard shop currency if you had all the characters already. There is no way they sell the bundle for $99 bucks if that was a possibility =)

I did a rough estimate awhile ago and it came out to something huge like that too, definitely more than they would be willing to give us.
  • Jarvind
    3932 posts Member
    Options

I had every character in there at 7* already and I still grabbed it. It's easily the best value bundle they've ever done.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »

I had every character in there at 7* already and I still grabbed it. It's easily the best value bundle they've ever done.

Your true statement only illustrates how gross the gaming industry has become.

someone buying something they see as having great value is proof of grossness? WELP
  • Jarvind
    3932 posts Member
    Options

someone buying something they see as having great value is proof of grossness? WELP

Vile! Contemptible!
  • Options

Anything in this game is available for free, if you are willing to put in enough time. So when you pay for a toon instead of grind it out over time, you’re spending money in lieu of time to get it for free - hence “paying for time”.

The argument is, “you paid to have early access to JKA, and you got it”. So nothing is being taken away.

Actually I did not get early access to JKA, I received only half the shards to get him. This happened on another character.

It should not matter what order you purchase things, yet for this bundle it does.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options

Actually I did not get early access to JKA, I received only half the shards to get him. This happened on another character.

It should not matter what order you purchase things, yet for this bundle it does.

It would be great if it let you keep both, but the hyperdrive pack only “tops you up” to a specific level. Whether you had 0 shards or 144 doesn’t matter.

Unfortunately, it’s the way the bundle works and it is explained as such in the description. The younger your account is when you you buy the pack, the more value you get from it.
  • Monel
    2794 posts Member
    Options

Or does it illustrate that they wanted to buy the pack simply because they wanted the other stuff the pack came with?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

Never put it past you to miss the point.

WELP

giphy.gif
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ok, I’ll actually waste some time and be completely clear about my stance on what jarvind said.

One thing to keep in mind is that many things can be true at once.

Jarvind thinks the hyperdrive bundle is a great value for him, even though he has all the characters at 7*. So, it’s the gear, etc... that he says is the best value bundle they have ever offered.

If you do the math on what it would take to buy those items via crystals, you will see that what Jarvind is saying is 100% true and correct.

So, I agree with Jarvind that the hyperdrive bundle offers more value than we have had in the past in regards to just the gear and other stuff alone. If you’re a new player and also get a lot of char shards on top of that, then the value is exponentially greater. Compare what it would have cost you in 2016 to get all those shards via chromiums, not even close.

So, to be clear, in case you’re not following me to this point. THIS bundle is possibly the greatest value this game has ever offered on many levels! That’s undisputed based on history and math.

So, while that is true, it’s also true that the cost of gaming has gone up significantly in the past 10 years.

Here’s an analogy. Let’s say one day the price of doughnuts shot up to 20 bucks a piece. You like doughnuts, so you pay up and keep eating and paying the hiked price for your doughnuts. Then one day your doughnut dealer offers a doughnut pack for 20 bucks for 6 doughnuts. OMG this is such great value for doughnuts, thank you sir!

It is my OPINION that what is happening in the gaming industry is nothing short of gross. Maybe you guys can’t see it or haven’t been gaming that long and just think this is as it should be. Maybe in the next couple years when they continue to up the prices in gaming, you’ll continue to be content to spend.

You are discounting one thing, games have also gotten infinitely more complex and better in those same 10 years.

It is not the same product that is offered at a higher price 10 years later.
  • Monel
    2794 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, I’ll actually waste some time and be completely clear about my stance on what jarvind said.

One thing to keep in mind is that many things can be true at once.

Jarvind thinks the hyperdrive bundle is a great value for him, even though he has all the characters at 7*. So, it’s the gear, etc... that he says is the best value bundle they have ever offered.

If you do the math on what it would take to buy those items via crystals, you will see that what Jarvind is saying is 100% true and correct.

So, I agree with Jarvind that the hyperdrive bundle offers more value than we have had in the past in regards to just the gear and other stuff alone. If you’re a new player and also get a lot of char shards on top of that, then the value is exponentially greater. Compare what it would have cost you in 2016 to get all those shards via chromiums, not even close.

So, to be clear, in case you’re not following me to this point. THIS bundle is possibly the greatest value this game has ever offered on many levels! That’s undisputed based on history and math.

So, while that is true, it’s also true that the cost of gaming has gone up significantly in the past 10 years.

Here’s an analogy. Let’s say one day the price of doughnuts shot up to 20 bucks a piece. You like doughnuts, so you pay up and keep eating and paying the hiked price for your doughnuts. Then one day your doughnut dealer offers a doughnut pack for 20 bucks for 6 doughnuts. OMG this is such great value for doughnuts, thank you sir!

It is my OPINION that what is happening in the gaming industry is nothing short of gross. Maybe you guys can’t see it or haven’t been gaming that long and just think this is as it should be. Maybe in the next couple years when they continue to up the prices in gaming, you’ll continue to be content to spend.

Yes, prices have gone up and it's crazy to think that when Nintendo originally came out the console would cost you $100. So yes, a pack at the same price is crazy to think about.

That being said, the manpower put into making games these days is far greater than it ever was before. One of my favorite all times games, Metroid, takes only about an hour or 2 beat... the entire game!

So yes prices have gone up, but so has the quality of product. We are lucky enough to play a game that costs absolutely nothing but time to play. People can spend if they want and no that's not gross. If prices go up and people continue to spend that also is not gross. Consumers consume and profiteers profit. That's capitalism.
  • TVF
    36830 posts Member
    Options
    I think Adventure cost my dad like 40 bucks.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't pay $0.25 to play pacman today.