200% of 0 = 0

Boba Fett gets +200% of his defence penatration on his payout. At g13 his defence pen is 0. Is there something I'm missing or is that just wasted space on his payout?

Replies

• Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    200% of his Defense penetration translates to 200% of his armor and resistance penetration which is not 0

All toons have 0 defense pen when you look at the unit’s stats and it doesn’t mean anything — it’s armor and resistance pen that you should be looking at
  • Options
    Is this fact or opinion? Not being a ****. I seriously want to know. Is this sourced somewhere?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Krashxxxx wrote: »
    Is this fact or opinion? Not being a ****. I seriously want to know. Is this sourced somewhere?

yes
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Do a Google search and you'll find a half-dozen threads covering the topic. I don't know that I've seen a developer come out and say it but there's even evidence (including testing done on his damage before and after the omega) to show that it is armor and resistance penetration that is effected.

Put down the omega. It's worth it
  • UdalCuain
    5025 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @Krashxxxx Information above from Ultra is correct. See this thread where I've shared a screenshot of the mechanics of Boba's payout. I'm too lazy to find the original image I used :smile:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/217179/good-maths
  • Options
    Do a Google search and you'll find a half-dozen threads covering the topic. I don't know that I've seen a developer come out and say it but there's even evidence (including testing done on his damage before and after the omega) to show that it is armor and resistance penetration that is effected.

Put down the omega. It's worth it

What you ask. It's, so much.
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    200% of his Defense penetration translates to 200% of his armor and resistance penetration which is not 0

All toons have 0 defense pen when you look at the unit’s stats and it doesn’t mean anything — it’s armor and resistance pen that you should be looking at

So, just so I understand what you’re saying.

Added Defense Penetration stats do not go to Defense Penetration, but instead go to Armor Penetration and Resistance Penetration.

Makes perfect sense.

It's the same as offence . Mods say offence but it's down as physical and special damage on character stats.
  • Options
    Treeburner wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

So, just so I understand what you’re saying.

Added Defense Penetration stats do not go to Defense Penetration, but instead go to Armor Penetration and Resistance Penetration.

Makes perfect sense.

It's the same as offence . Mods say offence but it's down as physical and special damage on character stats.

Best explanation I've ever seen for this