1045 posts Member
edited March 2020
[Kyno] : Edited to remove misrepresented information from a "fake source"

Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Seriously I'm not even mad after spending a good 2 hours looking through videos, trying the recommendations out and changing mods so many times...

This game is hopeless.
  • Options
    You are aware that’s a spoof post?
    And a steady stream of people in the guild I’m in (non-whale) have been unlocking just fine.
    Also speaking as someone who has to battle to 1st each day in Arena through a wall of GAS with Padme and Co....it’s not a game breaking change 😉
    It also is working like the text in the ability suggests.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Please share a video of how they did it? It would really be helpful... Really want to unlock this round
  • khelzac
    335 posts Member
    Options
    I did p4 with G12+2 Ventress and Droideka, R3 B1, R2 magna, R1 B2. Took around an hour but it's doable. Zetas on all but magna.
  • Options
    The problem is that the event is now harder. Is it doable? Yes. Is it all luck? Yes.
  • Lanj54
    39 posts Member
    Options
    The bug is in the event thanks CG
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Do share what kind of mods on each toon, thks v much

What is their focus etc
  • Options
    It’s critical to realise that whilst RNG will play a factor—> Gear Level, Modding and Strategy ALL reduce it.
    The last person in my guild to unlock used this guide:
    f5pl5c6mklur.jpeg

Which looks reasonable to me but relies on x3 Relic 5 characters....
    Personally, I did it Relic 3 Ventress, B1 and B2. G12 Magnaguard and G11 Droideka (with zeta to reach power threshold)
    —> Step 1 Use mod loadouts.....I swapped in my best Arena mods. This step is unavoidable
    —> Step 2 Drop GAS, then aim to kill Fives then Rex before he stands up. Getting an AB block/Stun on Rex to stop his group cleanse/Tenacity Up = highly desirable.
    If you achieve this —> You have a good chance of winning.

As for Key Relics
    —> B1 = Essential
    —> B2 = Highly desirable (TM gain, Stripping buffs and debuffing)
    —> Ventress or Droideka = 2nd damage dealer, I did it with Ventress, having both is obviously better.
  • Options
    Too bad that it's only a joke. But the bugged event, or however you want to call it, is real. While the devs always promised that events in general would not change after their initial release (except for new/mythic stages etc., you know what I mean) . And now the event, as I've heard from my guild mates, has become a lot harder than before.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    I'm all ears to advises now... Really wanna get that GAS this time round.

Do advise on turn order and what is their speed?
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    It’s critical to realise that whilst RNG will play a factor—> Gear Level, Modding and Strategy ALL reduce it.
    The last person in my guild to unlock used this guide:
    f5pl5c6mklur.jpeg

Which looks reasonable to me but relies on x3 Relic 5 characters....
    Personally, I did it Relic 3 Ventress, B1 and B2. G12 Magnaguard and G11 Droideka (with zeta to reach power threshold)
    —> Step 1 Use mod loadouts.....I swapped in my best Arena mods. This step is unavoidable
    —> Step 2 Drop GAS, then aim to kill Fives then Rex before he stands up. Getting an AB block/Stun on Rex to stop his group cleanse/Tenacity Up = highly desirable.
    If you achieve this —> You have a good chance of winning.

As for Key Relics
    —> B1 = Essential
    —> B2 = Highly desirable (TM gain, Stripping buffs and debuffing)
    —> Ventress or Droideka = 2nd damage dealer, I did it with Ventress, having both is obviously better.

Able to share link?
  • Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    That’s just a poster image.
    If you want a video there are several like it’s just Ian and Warrior Presents (retired 😢) that you can easily find on YouTube.
  • Options
    As an example I ran my Magnaguard with my GKs mods:
    https://swgoh.gg/p/716997717/characters/general-kenobi
  • Options
    I m glad i unlocked my GAS last time it came when it was easier.
    Anyway i still cant use my GAS i m still at 6* 45/100 3 months later
  • Options
    a 6* GAS is perfectly usable, as long as you have good relic clones you can beat anything on offense. Defense is a different story though.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    6* no relic bro...
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Looooki wrote: »
    6* no relic bro...

Still does work.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    6* no relic bro...

Still does work.

Of cause it works... The question is to what extend...
  • Options
    as for modding I'd suggest high h/p on magna and b2 with decent tenacity so they don't get dazed/stunned. If you have the zeta on droideka try to make him go just after echo (since his aoe dispels) and let him roll out so he can assist. B1 should be modded for offense+speed and focus on getting him to relic 4 at least since he assists a lot which helps with topple gas and killing clones. Only use b2 aoe if magna has taunt.

Hope this helps a bit
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    as for modding I'd suggest high h/p on magna and b2 with decent tenacity so they don't get dazed/stunned. If you have the zeta on droideka try to make him go just after echo (since his aoe dispels) and let him roll out so he can assist. B1 should be modded for offense+speed and focus on getting him to relic 4 at least since he assists a lot which helps with topple gas and killing clones. Only use b2 aoe if magna has taunt.

Hope this helps a bit

Thks!! This really helps!
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    6* no relic bro...

Still does work.

Of cause it works... The question is to what extend...

Works more than the "I can't use him" that was incorrectly claimed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Bro, that is not even the point. If u have any information that might help with this current situation I welcome it.

If u wanna be a gramma ****, call that fellow out and discuss it elsewhere
  • Options
    It would be good if you guys don't turn this into another "How do I beat the event?" thread. It should be about the issue of the changed event itself, so the devs have to see and react some time...
  • khelzac
    335 posts Member
    Options
    I loaded B2 with potency. Use AOE abilities only after GAS kneels (you'll get countered 3/4x otherwise :P). Droideka modded for offense and speed (had him at ~200, with his unique that is effectively ~300).

B1 was R4, modded for offense, speed around 250.

Magna R2, built for survival.

Asajj...just whatever works but around ~200 speed. With unique and lead, she goes around 300 speed. Tried potency sets for lolz (was hoping to stun GAS tbh).

Turn order - Droideka went first, then Ventress and then B1 and then the other 2.
    Kill order - Get GAS to kneel (avoid AOEs, yes even B1). Take out Fives and, if possible, Rex. If those two are dead, take down GAS again, kill the others, finish off GAS. Easier said than done though :)

Also, restart if Magna/B2 gets dazed.
  • khelzac
    335 posts Member
    Options
    And yes, it sucks that the event version of GAS got changed, I was hoping it wouldn't but it is what is. Hopefully they'll change the event version back to the old one. I'm not gonna hold my breath though.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Hold ur wallet
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    khelzac wrote: »
    And yes, it sucks that the event version of GAS got changed, I was hoping it wouldn't but it is what is. Hopefully they'll change the event version back to the old one. I'm not gonna hold my breath though.

It's due to the fact that the change wasn't to GAS himself but to the "order of operations" in a battle.

Technically from his kit he should have been acting this way the whole time.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    @Kyno so your saying it’s ok that the event has changed since last time?

@CG_SBCrumb can we have a comment on this please? Disadvantage coded into the game for people trying to unlock this time around? Is that an official policy now?
  • Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    @Kyno so your saying it’s ok that the event has changed since last time?

@CG_SBCrumb can we have a comment on this please? Disadvantage coded into the game for people trying to unlock this time around? Is that an official policy now?

It works both ways in GAS’s case the kit is now working as written and the event is a little harder (not that much based on the wave of multiple new GAS in my guild)
    Or in the Chewie events case —> They fixed the Thermal Detonator bug and made the event easier.

In general, making a kit work as intended (and written) seems fair to me.