GAS event is broken

Replies

• Damodamo
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    @Shadowscream i agree if that’s the case then fine, but in any previous event, has the boss toon reflected the player obtainable version? Or is it as I’m fairly sure I’ve read before, event toons are specific to events.
    In which case, why has the event gas obtained the same change as the player obtainable gas?
    My other issue is that people who got gas previously had a ‘easier’ time of it than currently, due to a change, that reasonably wouldn’t have been expected in the event.

• SithAmer
    227 posts Member
    Options
    Got GAS finally! AV n B1 R4. Rest all G12.3. Crit avoidance arrow on B2 n IG. All zetas, except IG.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    Kyno so your saying it’s ok that the event has changed since last time?

CG_SBCrumb can we have a comment on this please? Disadvantage coded into the game for people trying to unlock this time around? Is that an official policy now?

My comment is based on the fact that it is not a bug or a change to his kit. This does have an effect on the event, but it is hard to tell how broad this is or how much it effect the difference from recommended to actual.

As stated above changes of this nature have always changed how each round of unlocks are, some or most updates and changes to the game make them easier, this one did not. But many players are still showing success, and we do not have all the numbers.
  • Damodamo
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    I
    SithAmer wrote: »
    Got GAS finally! AV n B1 R4. Rest all G12.3. Crit avoidance arrow on B2 n IG. All zetas, except IG.

Same as you except my B1 is r5 and my av is r3

I can’t even get close

I’ve managed to only kill 5s twice out of about 200 runs now

I have av r6, b1 at r5, magna at r2 and the rest at g12 and 3 pieces.. I can get 5s down 40% of the time and that’s it toast
  • Damodamo
    1589 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

CG_SBCrumb can we have a comment on this please? Disadvantage coded into the game for people trying to unlock this time around? Is that an official policy now?

As stated above changes of this nature have always changed how each round of unlocks are, some or most updates and changes to the game make them easier, this one did not. But many players are still showing success, and we do not have all the numbers.

Always? I have yet to play an event in the game where a reworked/change/bug/correction affects the ‘boss’ toon in the event. *edit* apart from the malak event where it all went wonky

Maybe I’m just confused and stupid..
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Always? I have yet to play an event in the game where a reworked/change/bug/correction affects the ‘boss’ toon in the event. *edit* apart from the malak event where it all went wonky

Maybe I’m just confused and stupid..

The changes I am referring to are changes to mechanics not kits (reworks). As stated they changes TDs and we saw an effect in an event, here they changed something about the order of operations to prevent crashes in the Sith raid, and we see those changes here.

They have done reworks on characters and it doesnt bleed into events.

Those are 2 different sets of changes. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

My comment is based on the fact that it is not a bug or a change to his kit. This does have an effect on the event, but it is hard to tell how broad this is or how much it effect the difference from recommended to actual.

Kyno that’s not the point.

This event was already heavily RNG dependent throughout. P1 and P3 were relatively easy. P2 was a slog but was less RNG than P4. The last wave is incredibly RNG dependent. I’m literally closing in on close to 1,000 attempts (yes I’ve kept a tally...i have no shame). I came close once last time because of perfect RNG but my droideka wasn’t modded with enough offense and was only G12. Last attempt my team was G12+ AV, R2 B2, and Droideka, B1 and magna G12. My gear underwhelming.

This time I’m running the same AV, but R4 B2, R4 B1, R3 Droideka and G12+ magna all modded properly per guides and still I can only kill 5’s before I get slaughtered. Hours and hours spent on an event is not fun. Pushing these toons to higher gears and better mods only to face greater difficulty isn’t ok. The devs need to address this as this is an unfair disadvantage for those who either couldn’t or waited to unlock GAS. That extra attack has immense ripple effects for the rest of the battle
  • Damodamo
    1589 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

The changes I am referring to are changes to mechanics not kits (reworks). As stated they changes TDs and we saw an effect in an event, here they changed something about the order of operations to prevent crashes in the Sith raid, and we see those changes here.

@Kyno
    So, my point is valid then, the event gas, shouldn’t change regardless of any changes to the player gas, that are made. The same as in any other event that occurs. Yet in this case it has.

If this to be the normal practice going forwards, perhaps a dev can comment on this? As @Ravens1113 has pointed out, raising toons to higher and higher gear levels to actually fail to get as far as last time, can’t be the intended outcome surely?

Perhaps you could message mr crumb directly as he is conspicuous in his lack of comment to any of the player base, he may respond to yourself.

It is after all a time limited event.
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

This event was already heavily RNG dependent throughout. P1 and P3 were relatively easy. P2 was a slog but was less RNG than P4. The last wave is incredibly RNG dependent. I’m literally closing in on close to 1,000 attempts (yes I’ve kept a tally...i have no shame). I came close once last time because of perfect RNG but my droideka wasn’t modded with enough offense and was only G12. Last attempt my team was G12+ AV, R2 B2, and Droideka, B1 and magna G12. My gear underwhelming.

This time I’m running the same AV, but R4 B2, R4 B1, R3 Droideka and G12+ magna all modded properly per guides and still I can only kill 5’s before I get slaughtered. Hours and hours spent on an event is not fun. Pushing these toons to higher gears and better mods only to face greater difficulty isn’t ok. The devs need to address this as this is an unfair disadvantage for those who either couldn’t or waited to unlock GAS. That extra attack has immense ripple effects for the rest of the battle

giphy.gif
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Damodamo
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    @Gifafi i personally have spent nearly 10 hours trying today to clear p4, of around 25-30 mins each hour (working from home, waiting for reports to run) at around 2mins max per attempt, average obviously, so at least 150 attempts over the 5 hours of playing time. I know I’ve had to charge my phone 7 times so far today :/
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    @Gifafi i personally have spent nearly 10 hours trying today to clear p4, of around 25-30 mins each hour (working from home, waiting for reports to run) at around 2mins max per attempt, average obviously, so at least 150 attempts over the 5 hours of playing time. I know I’ve had to charge my phone 7 times so far today :/

what are your stats/strats? maybe some advice can help

and who doesn't just leave their phone plugged in while working from home?? (jk...mostly)
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Kyno
    So, my point is valid then, the event gas, shouldn’t change regardless of any changes to the player gas, that are made. The same as in any other event that occurs. Yet in this case it has.

If this to be the normal practice going forwards, perhaps a dev can comment on this? As Ravens1113 has pointed out, raising toons to higher and higher gear levels to actually fail to get as far as last time, can’t be the intended outcome surely?

Perhaps you could message mr crumb directly as he is conspicuous in his lack of comment to any of the player base, he may respond to yourself.

CG_SBCrumb CG_TopHat

Again, the changes made were to fix a bug in a different section of the game, not a direct change to his kit or the event.

They have made other changes to things that have made events easier/harder. This is no different. This is not a change moving forward, but something that has happened before.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

Kyno

If this to be the normal practice going forwards, perhaps a dev can comment on this? As Ravens1113 has pointed out, raising toons to higher and higher gear levels to actually fail to get as far as last time, can’t be the intended outcome surely?

CG_SBCrumb CG_TopHat

Again, the changes made were to fix a bug in a different section of the game, not a direct change to his kit or the event.

They have made other changes to things that have made events easier/harder. This is no different. This is not a change moving forward, but something that has happened before.

So because something was made easier in the past there’s justification to allow something to be more difficult now?
    Gifafi wrote: »

giphy.gif

So you mean to tell me with how RNG dependent this thing is, over a period of 3.5 days that it’s impossible to play this event that often? Wow...
  • Shadowscream
    970 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Most the people in my guild that are unlocking have far less gear than the guy saying he’s had 1000 attempts. Most took a few attempts though e.g. 3 to 20 attempts or so 🤷‍♂️
    If you are dying 1000 times then maybe it’s a strat/mod issue?
  • Damodamo
    1589 posts Member
    Options

what are your stats/strats? maybe some advice can help

and who doesn't just leave their phone plugged in while working from home?? (jk...mostly)

Av is r6, magna is r2, b1 is r5 droideka is g12, 2 of the left pieces, one of the right, b2 is g12 +2.. mods I’ve tried fast droideka, slow droideka, arena mods all over the ship on different ones.. it’s all a joy.
    Strategy is to kneel gas, 5s then echo then rex then arc.. only use aoe if magna is taunting, otherwise basics, best I’ve done so far (consistently) is 5s, echo and arc dead then gas stands up and beasts me..

Feel free to check out my gg and make any suggestions :)

https://swgoh.gg/p/897311786/

My charger isn’t near my couch ;)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Kyno

CG_SBCrumb CG_TopHat

So because something was made easier in the past there’s justification to allow something to be more difficult now?

giphy.gif

So you mean to tell me with how RNG dependent this thing is, over a period of 3.5 days that it’s impossible to play this event that often? Wow...

I am saying that changes have been made in the game that are not direct changes to a kit or an event, and they have effected the difficulty of an event, just like this change has done.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    People here talking about phase 4, and I’m still stuck on phase 2 with this

s1x2c0bboeri.png
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

Unlikely /= impossible

Also the event hasn't been open for 3.5 days.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Unlikely /= impossible

It’s been through 3 times. First pass I didn’t have shak ti or ETA ready. Second attempt I got to P4 on day one and tried every day till the event closed. 3 days. It’s been open half a day this pass. 3.5 days.

Math
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options

Unlikely /= impossible

He means that the event is only open for 3 days then disappears for months.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »

s1x2c0bboeri.png

Padme relic makes a HUGE difference. If you can relic her do it. Worth it
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options

Unlikely /= impossible

It’s been through 3 times. First pass I didn’t have shak ti or ETA ready. Second attempt I got to P4 on day one and tried every day till the event closed. 3 days. It’s been open half a day this pass. 3.5 days.

Math

Fine, I misread the original comment.

Unlikely still /= impossible. It's possible you've tried it that many times, but unlikely.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Options
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »

s1x2c0bboeri.png

Padme relic makes a HUGE difference. If you can relic her do it. Worth it

I can’t right now iirc. Don’t have enough gear. Everyone kept saying Ashoka is the one that makes the difference (after GK of course). What do I do now? I’m already at 2 relic toons for this phase of the event.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

Kyno

CG_SBCrumb CG_TopHat

giphy.gif

I am saying that changes have been made in the game that are not direct changes to a kit or an event, and they have effected the difficulty of an event, just like this change has done.

Yes and changes have both benefited and hurt players through changes. You’re dancing around my main point that the event shouldn’t change. This time GAS is harder due to the change in how his counter works.

Think back to GMY. People slogged through it and then it was tuned to almost nothing on a separate pass. Was that fair to those that had to go through constant waves and a monster GMY? No.

The overall point is that once an event is released it should remain unchanged unless altered in the first pass. They can make an event’s mechanics unique to the event rather than what’s available to us. See B1 in assault battles
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Kyno

CG_SBCrumb CG_TopHat

giphy.gif

Yes and changes have both benefited and hurt players through changes. You’re dancing around my main point that the event shouldn’t change. This time GAS is harder due to the change in how his counter works.

Think back to GMY. People slogged through it and then it was tuned to almost nothing on a separate pass. Was that fair to those that had to go through constant waves and a monster GMY? No.

The overall point is that once an event is released it should remain unchanged unless altered in the first pass. They can make an event’s mechanics unique to the event rather than what’s available to us. See B1 in assault battles

Again, they didnt change the event. That's the point that you are trying to make and others have called a bug. It is not a bug and the event was not changed. They made changes to mechanics in battle, which does have an effect here, much like other changes they have made to the game. The current state of GAS is aligned with his kit.

If you want all events to "not change" then shouldnt the toons you are able to use be locked in once an event is released?

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

Unlikely /= impossible

Math

Fine, I misread the original comment.

Unlikely still /= impossible. It's possible you've tried it that many times, but unlikely.

I just went through the even 97 times in 2 hours. So you mean to tell me that trying 16 hours out of a possible 84 hours couldn’t likely yield close to a thousand attempts depending on how fast the attempts go? Some being an immediate retreat due to dazes, stuns, turn order of the enemy, abilities used, assists and uniques activating?
    GC’s have spent several hours in previous events with hundreds of attempts recorded. Unlikely /= impossible, however given the massive RNG of this event it’s actually fairly likely on the 3rd pass