Scoring for fleets is too low in GA

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    I'm all for fleets factoring in more on gac. CG drags their feet on this front, because of the ever perpetuated hatred of ships in the playerbase.

Anecdotal that the player base hates ships and unlikely that even if it were true it would be the cause.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm all for fleets factoring in more on gac. CG drags their feet on this front, because of the ever perpetuated hatred of ships in the playerbase.

Anecdotal that the player base hates ships and unlikely that even if it were true it would be the cause.

How would an observation about opinions of people be anything but anectodal? Please barge in if your observation about demographic is any different. I don't hate ships and invested hugely on them.

And assuming you agree large portion of the playerbase dislike ships, why is it unlikely that to be the cause? We have 3 gac templates where only 1 of them features a single fleet (+1 for offense=2)
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

How would an observation about opinions of people be anything but anectodal? Please barge in if your observation about demographic is any different. I don't hate ships and invested hugely on them.

And assuming you agree large portion of the playerbase dislike ships, why is it unlikely that to be the cause? We have 3 gac templates where only 1 of them features a single fleet (+1 for offense=2)

Anecdotal might have been a poor word choice. Skewed sample is probably better.

The idea that large portions of the game hate ships comes from the loudest people on the forum. But the people on the forum aren't representative of players as a whole, and the hate towards ships is loud and vitriolic, but also not even representative of the people on the forum as a whole.

So the idea that the playerbase hates ships is flawed because you're basically going to the I Hate Ships room of the convention and basing your idea on them.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

How would an observation about opinions of people be anything but anectodal?

So we agree then.

Anecdotes are meaningless.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options

So we agree then.

That’s a rather blanket statement, maybe not appropriate for this discussion, but anecdotes are not meaningless.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

So we agree then.

That’s a rather blanket statement, maybe not appropriate for this discussion, but anecdotes are not meaningless.

I didn't say they can't be true, I said they're meaningless. There's a difference.

• ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Options
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

So we agree then.

I didn't say they can't be true, I said they're meaningless. There's a difference.

Of course there is a difference but where did I say that you said they can’t be true?

https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I have no idea what your point is then so I'll just say good day.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

So we agree then.

I don't agree that anectodes are meaningless. Any person including you form most of their opinions using their personal experience in the lack of further information. Anectode also in no way imply a single instance of a thing.

Thank you for offering zero argument about the subject and rather going into meta **** hyperboles without even unfolding if your observation is any different.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

So we agree then.

I don't agree that anectodes are meaningless.

Ok.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

So we agree then.

I don't agree that anectodes are meaningless.

Ok.

giphy.gif