Player removal during TW setup changes active GP

Prev1
Hi,

I can’t find an answer to this so apologies if it’s been asked before. What happens if I kick a player during the TW setup phase and it drops us out of the current active GP bracket we were in when matchmaking happened? Will we stay in that bracket or will it invalidate the TW?

Replies

• Not 100%, but I'm pretty sure they stay in your roster during TW, so any teams they placed on D remain and your GP bracket stays the same.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Not 100%, but I'm pretty sure they stay in your roster during TW, so any teams they placed on D remain and your GP bracket stays the same.

This, I'm pretty sure nothing about the setup or matchmaking changes, I know the teams stay if they were placed.

• Really? I saw numerous references to this in the forum but we’ve kicked a player during setup before and it removed their teams. We’ve just never done it when it would drop us out of the active GP bracket.
  • I could understand if it was during attack phase but it doesn’t make any sense that that would happen in the setup phase.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Rootdev wrote: »
    Really? I saw numerous references to this in the forum but we’ve kicked a player during setup before and it removed their teams. We’ve just never done it when it would drop us out of the active GP bracket.

We had this happen once. Player placed a few questionable teams up front (again), was subsequently kicked and their teams remained on defense although if I remember correctly the the name of the player associated with the teams was changed to one of the stock names that swgoh uses.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    mol eliza
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    That would be it.
  • No, we’ve definitely removed a player during setup and their squads were removed. I’m more curious about it dropping our active GP bracket.
  • We’re tempted to do it just to see what happens but I’d love to hear from a dev first.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    No, we’ve definitely removed a player during setup and their squads were removed. I’m more curious about it dropping our active GP bracket.

I find it difficult to think that CG would design it this way. What happens when someone sets 5-10 teams on D and then 30 seconds before setup ends, they leave the guild? Surely, they are not going into TW down 10 defensive teams and 300 banners.
  • Rootdev wrote: »
    No, we’ve definitely removed a player during setup and their squads were removed. I’m more curious about it dropping our active GP bracket.

Funnily enough, last time I removed someone during the setup phase, their teams definitely remained.

Are you certain squads were removed?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

You may have just not noticed them because their name changes.
  • Nope, they were definitely removed.
  • If a player leaves the guild before setup finishes I can’t imagine any circumstance where their teams should stay behind. I know that’s what everyone has been complaining about in the forums but it most definitely didn’t happen for us.
  • Assuming I’m right and we removed a player and their squads were removed, I’d still like an answer to my original question 😋
  • Even if I’m wrong!
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I can't see how they'd remove the squads, too many variables and issues. Leaving the squad in place is the simplest solution so I'm sure that's what they do.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Thanks. We might try it, but I can categorically state that we removed a player during setup phase and their squads were removed. For this not to be the case makes absolutely no sense, even though lots of people are claiming that doesn’t happen. If they’re no longer a member of our guild how can their squads still be in our TW? That’s madness!
  • And I don’t mind if I don’t get an answer from a dev before this setup phase ends, but I would like an answer for future reference! This hasn’t happened to us before but I’m sure it could again.
  • Think about it. If a player joins the TW, sets squads, then leaves of their own accord before the attack phase starts, what justification is there for their squads staying behind? That’s all about “playing the game”, we have no control over it and have to deal with the consequences. To leave their squads behind is not making people deal with the consequences.
  • Same difference, I’m talking about a player who was there at the start of the setup phase not being there when the attack phase starts. Whether they left voluntarily or were removed. As far as we’re concerned either way their squads will be, or should be removed.

What I want to know is what happens if removing that player’s GP drops your active GP a bracket?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Thanks. We might try it, but I can categorically state that we removed a player during setup phase and their squads were removed. For this not to be the case makes absolutely no sense, even though lots of people are claiming that doesn’t happen.

For this to be the case makes absolutely no sense. Feel free to convince me with proof.

• Rootdev wrote: »
    Thanks. We might try it, but I can categorically state that we removed a player during setup phase and their squads were removed. For this not to be the case makes absolutely no sense, even though lots of people are claiming that doesn’t happen. If they’re no longer a member of our guild how can their squads still be in our TW? That’s madness!

Because it's called player and roster lock for a reason. If you kick this person, could you take screenshots of their teams then of them not being there?
  • Rootdev
    32 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    I think this question has gone way off kilter. There is no difference in a player leaving or being kicked. Either way I don’t see any valid reason for their squads to remain in the TW. The question was what would happen if we drop an active GP bracket as a result. I don’t expect we’d be playing for different rewards, I was more concerned whether we’d invalidate the match and cancel the TW.
  • And I don’t understand why you all think if a player leaves the guild, whether forced or voluntarily, that their teams should remain in in the TW. Why does that make sense if they’re no longer a member of the guild? But don’t answer that, that’s not what I want to know right now! 😂
  • thecarterologist958
    1111 posts Member
    edited March 2020
    I think this question has gone way off kilter. There is no difference in a player leaving or being kicked. Either way I don’t see any valid reason for their squads to remain in the TW. The question was what would happen if we drop an active GP bracket as a result. I don’t expect we’d be playing for different rewards, I was more concerned whether we’d invalidate the match and cancel the TW.

That would ruin the other guilds match as well, so no, once the match is started it continues presumably, players and all. Separately, what you think are valid reasons aren't the point. If you have evidence of this not happening, that's another conversation. As I said, rosters and players are locked at the start of the TW, there's nothing you can do to manipulate that, much like in GAC. (Occasional bugs aside.)
This discussion has been closed.