Darth Sidious Rework Idea

Salatious_Scrum
2336 posts Member
edited May 2020
This may contain some spoilers but let’s be honest, they’re pretty obvious.

At this time, I believe a rework should be put in place for him. Changes are highlighted

Darth Sidious | Dark Side, Attacker, Leader, Sith, Galactic Republic, Separatists

Deathstroke - Basic: Deal Physical Damage to target enemy and inflict Healing Immunity and Stagger for 3 turns. This attack ignores defense. This attack deals double damage if the target enemy is a Jedi. If this attack defeats an opponent, gain +10% damage (stacking) until the end of the encounter.

Reduce the Cooldown on Execute Order 66 by 2 for every debuff inflicted.

Unlimited Power - Special [Cooldown 3 turns] Deal Special damage to target enemy and weakest enemy, then inflict Shock for 2 turns on all enemies. This attack deals double damage to Jedi enemies, and cannot be evaded or resisted. Regain health equal to damage inflicted.

Reduce the Cooldown on Execute Order 66 by 2 for every debuff inflicted

Execute Order 66 - Special [Cooldown: 66] Cleanse all allies of all debuffs and grant them all positive non-unique buffs. Then, call all allies to assist dealing 30% more damage. Ally attacks taken during this turn ignore protection and defense.

Playing Both Sides - Leader: Separatist and Galactic Republic allies have -10% accuracy, but gain +100% damage and +50 speed for the rest of the encounter. All allies also gain +5% offense (stacking) every time a debuff expires or is cleansed on the enemy team.

Sith Machinations - Unique: Darth Sidious has +30% health, +15% protection, and +10% potency for every dark side ally present at the start of battle. He recovers 10% health and 10% protection any time an ally is defeated.

When an ally is defeated, Darth Sidious also gains an immediate bonus turn.

[Zeta]: This unit cannot be targeted until all of Darth Sidious’ allies are defeated.

Let me know what you think :)

Note: his base stats would also be increased from the pathetic level they’re currently at so he won’t need as much additional survivability as he currently needs.
Post edited by Salatious_Scrum on

Replies

• Ichiraikou
    758 posts Member
    Options
    I did not think it was possible to make a character that isn't hat good and make them outright bad. But here we are. Cause this one is definitely way worse than the one we currently have in game.
    Lets start with the unique. Cause thou it doesn't look like it, it's worse than his current unique. With his zeta he can gain max health equal to his potency percentage. With the 50% bonus, the 45% basic potency he has, mods, and the right leadership its actually really easy to gain over 200% Potency, and thus over 200% max health. The 50% health and 25% protection he gains here are not going to stack up to that. On top of that he used to gain health and turn meter whenever any unit was defeated, didn't matter who or how. Now it's only when an enemy is defeated, and only when he deals the finishing blow. Which is much more restrictive.
    Then his lead.... Seriously bad. His old lead had stacking offence, which could keep on stacking infinitely. This lead can be useful in certain situations, but it's nothing special. His old lead was more up to date than this.
    Then his basic. His old basis could ignore defence of any enemy, yet this one can't. So this is already more restrictive. His first special is ok thou.
    But order 66. I didn't think it was possible to make an ability that is this bad. Seriously it only works with specific allies and specific enemies. Seriously, if there are no clone or jedi on the field, this ability does literally nothing. And even if there where, I'm pretty sure calling enemies to assist would literally break the game. Are you trying to crash the game?
    I do agree that he needs a rework, but this one is pretty bad. I don't like it.
    I did a rework idea of him myself quite a while ago. You can find it here, if you're interested: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/204282/darth-sidious-rework-idea
    It's focused on him in the middle of the clone wars thou, so no clone or Galactic Republic synergy.
  • Options
    There, I’ve updated it. @Ichiraikou @Sebek

How about now?
  • Ichiraikou
    758 posts Member
    Options
    This version is definitely better than the last one. Thou it still has a few thing that really bother me. Now that's it's overall better, I can pick on those points a bit more. I'll go over it for each ability. P.s. I will also be fixing a lot of wording issues in my suggestions, but there are way to many to mention them all individually:
    Deathstroke - Basic:
    Deal Physical Damage to target enemy and inflict Healing Immunity and Stagger for 3 turns. This attack ignores defense. This attack deals double damage if the target enemy is a Jedi. If this attack defeats an opponent, gain +10% damage (stacking) until the end of the encounter. Reduce the Cooldown on Execute Order 66 by 2 for every debuff inflicted.
    While this ability s overall pretty good, the bonus on defeat do seem overkill. The team already has stacking offence in the lead and this is also very situational. It just blows up the text needlessly. Also the cooldown reduction is in all abilities with debuffs, so it's probably better to move that to the unique.
    Also, the old kit doesn't have stagger in it. Thou that in itself isn't that bad, and it does actually work really well with the lead. It's still not marked as new, which does bother me a bit.
    I suggest this:
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Healing Immunity and Stagger for 3 turns. This attack ignores Defence and deals double damage to Jedi.
    Unlimited Power - Special [Cooldown: 3]:
    Deal Special damage to target enemy and weakest enemy, then inflict Shock for 2 turns on all enemies. This attack deals double damage to Jedi enemies, and cannot be evaded or resisted. Regain health equal to damage inflicted.
    Overall a pretty good ability, thou the fact that the shok can't be resisted seems overkill. Especially when considering the cooldown reduction. You can add something in return for that thou.
    I suggest this:
    Dispel all buffs from target enemy and the weakest enemy and deal Special damage to them. Then Shock all enemies for 2 turns. This attack can't be Evaded, has +100% Health Steal, and deals double damage to Jedi.
    Execute Order 66 - Special [Cooldown: 66]:
    Cleanse all allies of all debuffs and grant them all positive non-unique buffs. Then, call all allies to assist dealing 30% more damage. Ally attacks taken during this turn ignore protection and defense.
    This is sertainly better than the old version. Thou just saying "all positive non-unique buffs" isn't gonna cut it buddy. You have to mention which buffs they gain. Also, since they have stacking offence in the lead and the attacks ignore defence and protection, the 30% more damage is overkill.
    I suggest this:
    Dispel all debuffs from all allies and grant them: Offence, Speed, Critical Chance, Critical Damage, and Potency Up for 4 turns, which can't be Prevented. Then call all allies to assist. These assists ignore Defence and Protection.
    Playing Both Sides - Leader:
    Separatist and Galactic Republic allies have -10% accuracy, but gain +100% damage and +50 speed for the rest of the encounter. All allies also gain +5% offense (stacking) every time a debuff expires or is cleansed on the enemy team.
    The stats are quite ridiculous here. There is no lead in the game that gives more than 30 speed flat (unconditioned). Bot to mention the 100% damage on top of the 5% offence stacking is just staking the same thing on top of the same thing. But what bothers me the most are the accuracy decrease and the fact that the debuffs seem random
    Why is there a 10% decrease in accuracy? What are you trying to convey with that. Accuracy is a stat that counters evasion stat on enemies. Accuracy under 0% does nothing and most characters (including Darth Sidious) have 0% base accuracy. So it just feels useless. Not to mention that Sidious is a master duelist. The guy is suck a skilled fighter that he is even manipulating events in the middle of a lightsaber duel. Yet he can miss more easily? It also isn't mentioned anywhere else, like bonuses when an enemy evades or something like that. It just feels random.
    Then there's the debuffs. While I like the idea that they gain offence when debuffs expire, there is nothing in the lea that helps with bebuffs. With Palpatine's lead he grants potency, causing the entire lead to be very debuff focused. yet here there is no potency for allies or reduced tenacity for enemies whatsoever. Making the debuffs feel random.
    I suggest this:
    All Galactic Republic and Separatist allies gain +30 Speed and +50% Potency. In addition, all enemies have -50% Tenacity. Whenever a debuff expires from an enemy, all Galactic Republic and Separatist allies gain +5% Offence (stacking).
    Sith Machinations - Unique:
    Darth Sidious has +30% health, +15% protection, and +10% potency for every dark side ally present at the start of battle. He recovers 10% health and 10% protection any time an ally is defeated.
    When an ally is defeated, Darth Sidious also gains an immediate bonus turn.[/b]
    [Zeta]: This unit cannot be targeted until all of Darth Sidious’ allies are defeated.
    While I still think his old unique fit him better (the best description for Darth Sidious I ever found was: "The sadistic master of manipulation". Which is also around which I based my rework idea of him), I will admit this unique can be pretty good. Overall I would make it so he gains just as much health as protection from allies, but that's me. Only thing I have here is moving the cooldown manipulation here, restricting the zeta a bit more, and the wording.
    I suggest this:
    At the start of the battle, Darth Sidious gains +30% Max Health, +15% Max Protection, and +10% Potency for each Dark Side ally. Whenever Darth Sidious inflicts a debuff, reduce the cooldown of 'Execute Order 66' by 2. Whenever any other ally is defeated, Darth Sidious recovers 10% Health and Protection and takes an immediate bonus turn.
    [Zeta] While there is at least 1 other active Galactic Republic or Separatist ally, Darth Sidious can't be Targeted.
    Personal things (not feedback on the kit, just me ranting):
    Overall this is a better kit than what we have in the game and your previous version. The only thing is that, at least to me, it doesn't feel like Darth Sidious. As I stated before, he is the sadistic master of manipulation, yet there is nothing truly sadistic or manipulative in this kit. I feel like that is because you focused too much on one achievement of him (order 66), while ignoring the years of planning and manipulation it took to even get there. Order 66 does not define Darth Sidious, it's just one of his many schemes. Just the one that had the most impact. I recommended this video to someone else a while ago, but I do believe it's worth watching, as it is a nice breakdown of both the fight and the character Darth Sidious. (and is also what I based my idea of him on). It's 9/10 minutes you won't regret: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sCQBBXNH_o
    I will also still ask you to check out my version, as I'm very proud of it. Would love to hear your opinion on it. you can find it here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/204282/darth-sidious-rework-idea
    When all is said and done thou, this is just my opinion. And factually speaking, this rework idea is not bad at all.
  • Options
    Great pointers! Thanks for cleaning it up a bit. Typing from a phone isn’t all that easy when trying to highlight text to make them bold 😅
  • Ichiraikou
    758 posts Member
    Options
    Great pointers! Thanks for cleaning it up a bit. Typing from a phone isn’t all that easy when trying to highlight text to make them bold 😅
    Agreed. Typing from a phone can be very annoying.
  • Options
    This may contain some spoilers but let’s be honest, they’re pretty obvious.

At this time, I believe a rework should be put in place for him. Changes are highlighted

Darth Sidious | Dark Side, Attacker, Leader, Sith, Galactic Republic, Separatists

Deathstroke - Basic: Deal Physical Damage to target enemy and inflict Healing Immunity and Stagger for 3 turns. This attack ignores defense. This attack deals double damage if the target enemy is a Jedi. If this attack defeats an opponent, gain +10% damage (stacking) until the end of the encounter.

Reduce the Cooldown on Execute Order 66 by 2 for every debuff inflicted.

Unlimited Power - Special [Cooldown 3 turns] Deal Special damage to target enemy and weakest enemy, then inflict Shock for 2 turns on all enemies. This attack deals double damage to Jedi enemies, and cannot be evaded or resisted. Regain health equal to damage inflicted.

Execute Order 66 - Special [Cooldown: 66] Cleanse all allies of all debuffs and grant them all positive non-unique buffs. Then, call all allies to assist dealing 30% more damage. Ally attacks taken during this turn ignore protection and defense.

Playing Both Sides - Leader: Separatist and Galactic Republic allies have -10% accuracy, but gain +100% damage and +50 speed for the rest of the encounter. All allies also gain +5% offense (stacking) every time a debuff expires or is cleansed on the enemy team.

Sith Machinations - Unique: Darth Sidious has +30% health, +15% protection, and +10% potency for every dark side ally present at the start of battle. He recovers 10% health and 10% protection any time an ally is defeated.

When an ally is defeated, Darth Sidious also gains an immediate bonus turn.

Let me know what you think :)

Note: his base stats would also be increased from the pathetic level they’re currently at so he won’t need as much additional survivability as he currently needs.

There are some nice ideas, I just feel like some of his abilities are a bit overpowered, such as his zeta.

Keeping in mind how he kept his Sith identity hidden from the Jedi in the prequels, perhaps he could (as a replacement for your zeta idea) have some sort of mechanic that grants him stealth as long as there are Jedi present in the battlefield?

Also maybe his Execute Order 66 ability could instead have all Clone allies attack the target (it would deal double damage or have some other effect if the target is a Jedi). I just feel like something along those lines would be more similar to what Order 66 was in the movies.

Otherwise, keep up the great work :)