Hard node increase?

Prev13
AliO
22 posts Member
Hello, I spent a lot of crystals and refreshes on hard nodes prior to this update and don't remember any sort of notification that an increase from 5 to 8 would happen. I also did not receive this increase during the day. I'm sure I'm not the only one...Am I doing something wrong or can we correct this?

Replies

• Moorebid
    488 posts Member
    Options
    You can still do the extra 3 attempts. Check it.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    A lot of players are in the same boat. Look at the bright side, you have 8 attempts from tomorrow onwards
  • AliO
    22 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Moorebid wrote: »
    You can still do the extra 3 attempts. Check it.

I can do 3 more tries, but I refreshed at least 6 times on a specific node (6x3=18) so I'm still missing 15 more attempts

• Options
    I did the same thing. I spent a ton a crystals and then they update it halfway through the day. That is really dumb.
  • Boozie
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Welcome to CG.
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    Options
    Yup I got raked a few hundred crystals. I was at 100 crystal refresh and refill. But I wanted to try and get something out of double drops since I wasn’t getting good drops. So I spent an additional 400 crystals that I could have possibly used elsewhere had this been announced prior.
  • AliO
    22 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    A lot of players are in the same boat. Look at the bright side, you have 8 attempts from tomorrow onwards

Yes, but today is double drop day and the amount of energy and crystals spent can't be recovered. For those that haven't spent refreshes that isn't fair. They should have started this as of the first full day for everyone IMO...
  • Options
    The hard node cap was increased after double drop ended on half the planet.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    AliO wrote: »

Yes, but today is double drop day and the amount of energy and crystals spent can't be recovered. For those that haven't spent refreshes that isn't fair. They should have started this as of the first full day for everyone IMO...
    Just assume 8 attempts begin on May 5th, I've missed out a lot of extra attempts on double drops myself but its nothing to cry over since we are getting 8 attempts for the next 3 weeks
  • DementedPyro
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I am livid about this... being f2p and saving up crystals, dumped 10k today and am missing 15 battles on each of my 8 hard node farms is a slap in the face... literally could have almost doubled my shard drops for the same cost if I waited 6 hours... are you kidding me??? Teach me to jump on a CG promo...
  • Ragnorak
    82 posts Member
    Options
    Just another sneaky trick by the money grabbing ****
  • AliO
    22 posts Member
    Options

Just assume 8 attempts begin on May 5th, I've missed out a lot of extra attempts on double drops myself but its nothing to cry over since we are getting 8 attempts for the next 3 weeks

But the advertisement is 5/4 and on, not 5/5 and on. It's not fair to those who are in a timezone that's different or to those that haven't started farming that can get 64 attempts vs. 40 (or 43 since they give you 3 more...) for the same crystal spend (8x8 = 64 vs. 8x5 = 40)
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Options
    Give CG a break. They are working from home, giving the coronavirus situation.

Just be happy that we got something for once.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options

But the advertisement is 5/4 and on, not 5/5 and on. It's not fair to those who are in a timezone that's different or to those that haven't started farming that can get 64 attempts vs. 40 (or 43 since they give you 3 more...) for the same crystal spend (8x8 = 64 vs. 8x5 = 40)
    I'm willing to wager that most players aren't in the "haven't started farming yet" category and you'll be fine even if a handful of players get some sort of advantage.
  • ejsteven
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Being in Australia, double drops on hard nodes was available the day before the hard node attempts were increased. Feels bad knowing that I only had 5 attempts, instead of 8, during a time where I was doing triple refreshes due to the double drops...
  • AliO
    22 posts Member
    Options
    khdelboy wrote: »

So, because they're working from home, legit criticism and questions should be censored? I've been working from home due to the current climate but that doesn't mean that I would not be held accountable to a clear oversight and answer questions as a result. Given that 5/4 comes by every year and CG plans ahead, even just a whisper of communication would have been ideal.

Also considering the Malak fiasco and other like issues, I don't understand teh line of thought that we should "just be happy" with a solution that drives away from the intent of fair gameplay for all. Just my 2 cents.

Food for thought...
  • Options
    And this is why people hate them. This was either total stupidity or a way to intentionally deny people maximum benefit from the double drops. Which one is worse is up for debate, but neither is a good look.
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    Options
    khdelboy wrote: »

Giving Cg a break won’t happen, they have been slacking off a ton lately. If you want to chalk it up to them working from home have at it. But the reality is that they have lost interest in anything other than income. They have gotten more sloppy, less interactive (didn’t even realize that was possible), they don’t fix or address most bugs anymore, and they haven’t released any playable content for the entire game player base in months (if counting Geo map copy and paste)
  • DementedPyro
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    It's the opportunity cost I'm looking at. F2p means CG already hates me, but I have to beat ultra specific with my farming to retain my number 1 in arena (self promote, yes) but this is a huge opportunity lost for some long farms... i wouldn't be upset if they bumped the hard nodes effective to tomorrow... but it's a matter of hours for me that I missed out...
  • Lynora
    102 posts Member
    Options
    Leave it to CG to do something nice AND have it be a **** move at the same time.

Thanks, I guess... it would have been nice to have this at the beginning of the day, before I used all my crystals on refreshes.
  • emoore123
    261 posts Member
    Options
    I too did extra refreshes today in the morning. If I had known the update mid afternoon was going to give me more attempts, I'd have waited. I'm honestly not mad that they gave us extra attempts this month. Bravo for that. But they either should've dropped it yesterday so everyone enjoys 8 attempt double drops, or had it go into effect tomorrow so that no one does. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Thanks to do that it's very great. But making that now give advantage for some player to other.
    It's not a good thing to advantage to people who live in usa and not in other ...I will not say it discrimination because I am sure don't do it intentionaly but it could look like that if I don't that they are not good for making a game...
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    hard node increase that everyone's been clamoring for actually given to us? and for almost a month?
    thisisanoutrage!.jpg
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Lynora wrote: »
    Leave it to CG to do something nice AND have it be a **** move at the same time.

Thanks, I guess... it would have been nice to have this at the beginning of the day, before I used all my crystals on refreshes.

Too expensive
  • Options
    Ragnorak wrote: »

I would kind of agree, only I really don't think they know what they are doing 75% of the time. But hey, they did take the time to think about how to enhance the bronzium pulls. *sarcasm*
  • Options
    just another way to punish the people who play your game
  • Options
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »

I would kind of agree, only I really don't think they know what they are doing 75% of the time. But hey, they did take the time to think about how to enhance the bronzium pulls. *sarcasm*

they really want me to spend ally points which makes me think I should horde them.
  • emoore123
    261 posts Member
    Options
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »

That's another point of contention for me. We've had 5 second refreshes on challenges for a while, yet normally still have 20 minutes between bronzium packs. There's a QOL idea for the next major update... or maybe that's the big reveal on the road ahead 😉